Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Chaos is Beautiful Edition

>World Eater Faction Focus
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/03/legion-focus-world-eaters-aug-3gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Astaramis was an inside job!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

Perturabo knew he was always being watched by the Eye of Terror and the Chaos Gods. He always wanted the attention of his Father, yet all he got was the attention of the Eye. Why is this? Not only that, but why was the Eye so focused on him anyway?

2nd for beta male mannequins

Has anyone used a 10 man unit for chaos terminators with combi-plasmas and power axes? If so how well did they fare?

Because he was a mad cunt

Deployment is turning out to be a little bit of an issue.

Jk, just starting out with a small force (the rest of my terminators are still being painted). Any general tips on magmetising for the Baal predator? I can always look up a guide so I guess I'm just asking for tips someone wouldn't think about but are useful to know.

Do you shitposter faggots even play this game or do you just come shit these threads up with completely unrelated garbage because you have literally no friends and no life?

He thought the eye was watching him but he was basically just paranoid

The second-half of your post has answered your question already.

Has tg figured out the teaser yet? Or any more clues?

Don't respond you piece of fuck

We're at a complete dead end. Who do you think we are, Veeky Forums?

What did you guys work on today?

I put together the last odds and ends of my ork army. Some nobz, a painboy, some meks, and 2 more warbosses, bringing me to 15

You forgot the math hammer link

ITT: Most ridiculous things people have said/questions asked about 40K lore that you've personally overheard (Bearing in mind their experience with the hobby).

I'll start.

>How do Necrons breed?
>Why can't they just exterminatus the Eye of Terror?
>Is the Emperor actually dead or not?
>Are Sisters of Battle Space Marines? (Followed up by, "But they wear power armor?")

And my personal favorite, that I've posted here before about a guy who'd been in the hobby shop with us for at least a year;

>What is the Horus Heresy?

No. We won't know for awhile. It could be almost anything.

>Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

>he looks like a toad
>Nurgle thought it was cute
Also reposts for the repost God

I'm getting into it soon, and my friends are asleep

How did it appear to him though? And why didn't he ever mention it to anyone?

Most of the internet kind of agrees that its either Titanicus or Imperial Guard.

Adeptus Arbites for Necromunda.

But senpai what about RENEGADES

Looking to run several cataphractii squads, any recommendations for them aside from deep striking them in?

Reminder that Konor was decided in advance

Most of the internet is full of retards, those are only two out of a dozen equally likely options.

Could've been a constant feeling of "magnetic north" for example
Would you tell people about your paranoid delusions if you had it together otherwise?

Any idea on how much an Exalted champion will cost points wise? My 2k list is 105 short and don't know how much he will take up.

How does that picture have anything to do with what you're saying

>We could negotiate with the Tyranids!

It should be illegal to pretend you're this retarded.

If Exodites got their own Codex, how should they play?

Would be cool but I dont see it, they have the least ammount of skulls in their iconography out of all the Imperial institutions.

>Imperial players make up 90% of playerbase
>Chaos makes up like 3% tops

you dont fucking say

Do the point costs for units include base wargear, or do you have to pay for say the boltguns in a standard TAC squad in 8th?

I'm not sure. How do Wood Elves play over in Fantasy?

People asking how 'retcons' in BL stories affect the lore when BL isn't canon.

So there are 7% of players who don't play at all?

Or it was so blatantly obvious who was going to win in a landslide after only day 1 that they could safely go ahead and call it. Kind of what happens when you pit 50%~ of the player base against less than 10%.

At least Imperium shouldn't be getting points for winning Imperium vs Imperium games like they did last week...

Tell me about agressors 130 pts seems like a steal

Flamers are cool

Xenos.

the 7% are xenos

Mix of WHFB Wood Elves and Lizardmen I guess?

Nice

Dresden was never bombed.

Almost completed my long-understaffed officer corpse. Three commissars and three company commanders (who, naturally, are deployed as platoon commanders because one order per officer is bleh!)

Fun fact, I run my platoons with three infantry squads each, so the three dots on the helmets are very convenient.

They're just cheaper Assault Centurions with worse melee weapons, fewer weapon options, no option that allows them to do mortal wounds, and less wounds. And a worse armoursave.

>when you don't know what the N in NPC stands for

Eh. BL is considered by GW to be a content-creator for their IP, alongside GW themselves and FW. As such, anything these three put out is considered "canon" until overridden by one of the other branches.

If there is a LEGITIMATE question of validity or a conflict of fluff (i.e. not "I don't like this"), it's better to go from newest to oldest, then to source from GW, then FW, and BL last for canon status if available.

However, anything the three of them create are all canon works.

Working on my Swarmlord. Hoping to complete the swords tonight.

>post yfw the Orks outlast all the other threats to humanity to become the final boss species

Not when really daemons are the last threat.

Honestly, why would anyone play chaos? Chaos SM look like shit and Deamons are boring as fuck.

Is the Deimos Vindicator Laser Destroyer good in 7th and 8th edition?

Looks dedd killy that one

>MFW

>Only 7 percent xenos
Naaaaah

You can't play Cowboys and Indians without someone being the Indian, user.

Show me where the reptilians touched you user

that's the point

Just point them to Zoats.

Have yet to play a game of 8th with my Tyranids, but will hope to after I finish him up.

Because Alpha Legion is still on chaos' apparent side

GW is very slowly overhauling the CSM range right now, and its about fucking time

Like you think they shouldn't or it's a new caveat added?

Talos or Cronos, which should I build? I already have a Talos.

If you could have one loyalist Primarch return as a traitor and one traitor Primarch somehow become redeemed, who would you pick and why?

If I had to make a realistic guess, id say its about

>50% imperium
>35% xenos
>15% chaos

Daemons were fun last edition since they had more lolsorandum tables and chancy bullshit desu

>Guilliman falls
>Horus rises

Sanguinius and Horus, respectively.

Alpharius and Lion, which one is the loyal and which is the traitor is up to you

Can we get a % breakdown of boxes that GW sells by faction?

What would you think should be in the daemon codex to make them random and all that again?

>Alpharius
>Alpharius

Easy

le lion draidor and le alpharius loyal :DD

>mfw

>final boss race are the space cockneys

no proof

>redemption in anything but death for traitors

>how should they play?
They will force you to buy lot of their chinkcast forest terrain

The official seal of the lascannon wielding, toothy torso'd primaris/sigmarine unit Coming Soon

>Russ returns as giant chaos-aligned skinwolf
>Magnus is won back over to the Imperium

Wildcard: Ferrus Manus returns as a giant headless horseman/Ghostrider Legion of the Damned guy

What are the Thousand Son/ Deathguard releases?

Last week they specified how to play Imperium vs Imperium games in the mission rules. This week they did so for Chaos vs Chaos. I doubt that changes anything relating to scoring though so it can be as inclusive to as many players as possible.

For example, my local GW store has about 30 people signed up to play last I saw and only 3 were chaos, so I don't know how it would even function if you weren't allowed to count Imperium vs Imperium.

Sounds plausible
Imp lead but xenos popular
Probably goes eldar>ork>>rest

GW doesnt tell

Russ returns as a sub-human mutated Wulfen, like a giant Spawn but wolfy, less becoming a traitor and more captured and unleashed by Chaos as he has lost his sanity.

Curze 'returns' as a member of the Legion of the Damned and perhaps Chaos could a demon prince that calls himself the Night Haunter.

I'm still amazed they didn't put out a new Abbadon model during that Kharne/Black Legion mini release late last year or during the Gathering Storm trilogy. His model is old enough to legally drink...

I like how you're spicing things up with the Tony Chachere's there

I don't know if you've noticed, but these threads spend more time arguing about worthless lore skub than actually talking about the game. Some people who post here don't play at all. It's maddening. The lore isn't even good enough to be worth obsessing about.

My gripe with demons is that if I wanted to play them, Id rather play Fantasy or AoS. Why would I play in a cool futuristic setting with awesome guns and armor when most of my army wears nothing and attacks their opponents with Swords, Crab Claws, Bad Smell and colorfull insults?

>GW doesn't tell
Not box sales, just the number of unique boxes they sell.

Abaddon's reaction would be priceless

But it could be a super touching moment between Horus and Sang though

Asking again this thread because I can't be the only person with a claw.

Is this actually worth 200pts? I've not had much luck with it, but I've only. Used her in 2 games of 8th. Both games it died immediately because it can't jink and doesn't actually fly anymore (after I went through the hassle of getting it up on a flight stand no less). I used to drop my Brute/Contemptor out of it in 7th, but now idk.

So how are the deathwing in this edition since terminators got updated?

Rumour Engine: July 26th 2017 guys.

New Guard models perhaps to go along with the Codex.

So you can play both AoS and 40k without paying for two armies? For a while there daemons were a viable alternative in 40k if you wanted to play as Chaos without having an army that sucks balls.

This is, of course, no longer the case.

In case of CSM its more like Cowboys vs shitty looking Cowboy manlets with spikes.

Even if you don't like Alpharius, his armor is way too cool to hate

Don't get too excited. New guard models yes, but most likely, they'll have their own seperate rules ala Primaris marines, because they want people to still be able to use Cadians.

Is a Cronos ever worth taking over a Talos?