Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Chaos Stronk Edition

Tyranids vs Space Wolves live on Twitch sub-edition

>World Eater Faction Focus
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/03/legion-focus-world-eaters-aug-3gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Astaramis was an inside job!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/forge-world-new-releases-a-new-tank-and-the-return-of-model-masterclass/
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/legion-focus-black-legion-aug4gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for omnissiah

Wow, they just confirmed on Twitch that there will be a New Armagadden Guard plastic range.

Models look great.

I heard there was a leak of the CSM codex, has anyone got more solid info on that?

>Chaos
>Chads

lmao

FOR THE ECCLESIARCHY

Post and then stop when people criticise, if you do it like you did then you come off as an attention who're
>implying Cawl hasn't fixed armageddons weather so you don't need a rebreather anymore

Source pic anythng

I'm building up a force of Raptors made up of Land Speeders, Scouts and Stormhawks.

Would anyone like to see my progress so far?

I'm the guy with the Doom Eagles.

Been trying to get feedback on this list for a couple of days, but haven't got a sausage

Raven Guard, 1987/ 2000 points

HQ
Primaris Captain [6 PL, 96pts]
>Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle, Power sword

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 105pts]

Troops

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 104pts]
>4x Intercessor, Bolt rifle, 1 Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
>Intercessor Sergeant Power sword

Elites

Aggressor Squad x6 [12 PL, 262pts]
>Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 202pts]
>2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Reiver Squad [5 PL, 100pts]
>Combat knife, Grav Chutes

Heavy Support

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 330pts]
>Plasma incinerator

Las Pred [9 PL, 190pts]

Las Pred [9 PL, 190pts]

No thanks!

Post pics infadel

Magnus did nothing.

#PsychicLivesMatter

It's bullshit, but Kelly's Tyranids are playing and they are really well painted

I hope they are truescale but they won't be and I'm sad.

We have legion traitors, read the warhammer community articles in the OP
How much of this have you already assembled

Don't know if anyone looked in last thread, but new tank. Looks pretty good, 4D6 S5 AP-1 shots sounds like a damn fun time

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/forge-world-new-releases-a-new-tank-and-the-return-of-model-masterclass/

How is this for Babby's First Army?

Overlord (Warscythe, Res Orb) - 147pts

5 Lychguard (Sword & Shield) - 185pts

15 Warriors - 180
15 Warriors - 180
5 Immortals (Gauss) - 85

3 Tomb Blades (Particle Beamer, Nebuloscope, Shieldvanes) - 129
6 Canoptek Scarabs - 78

Total: 984pts

>Space marines

Meh...Go ahead...

Got bored of playing boring Dark Angels, tried converting them to Fallen.

Does it look good?

>whirlwind on a sicaran
So it's the current year and FW still hasn't sold a vindicator with a predator turret?

How long until Forge World produces a Primaris model?

Love CAN bloom it seems.

rip

Every time I see this I pee a little
Two years probably, as we need to update HH then tires of Cyrazus

See that's the kind of thing I'm thinking (for the record, would be psyched to play against bike lancers). The place I play doesn't have a drop in game community, so I always arrange games beforehand, so I doubt I'd get much hassle for it (so long as I made sure it was cool with them beforehand), more wondered if it would be potentially OP or overly bullshit.

Don't think running Intercessors that have a Plasma Gun or a Melta is gonna break the game though.

I fucking knew that was coming, but smirked anyway.

It would also be counter productive to make DKoK plastics when Forge World has a whole range for them.

I really hope the vidya is good. I've not played Mordenheim, but I heard it was so-so.

To clarify: each week has a theme, and anything you paint or purchase that week scores double points if it matches the theme.

They still exist, even if they do hide their special weapons away in the command squad kits.

Have fun, user.

Everything is already based and painted except the Dread and 10 Reivers. Haven't built one of the 5 man Reivers but I own them, and haven't bought the second pred yet.

Also have painted up Lieutenants, Ancient and Inceptors

I really miss playing my 30k Admech army. Bunch of Robutts fighting with horses of anti-infantry immune fuckers with huge swords.

I just want to play the melee version of Necrons, Goddamnit!

You do you, I have a CSM with power sword and plasma gun, but don't have enough dudes to make a proper chosen squad so just run him as a plasma gunner

Just got a cheap tackle box for my paints and shit.

Pretty good IMO.

FIRES
OF
CYRAXUS

Post away, but they better be 200% tacticool.

Hordes*

It would also be counterproductive to sell a monopose contemptor dreadnought, mk3 and 4 tacticals and terminators separately when together they're cheaper, and FW sells them for better detail but they did

Drop the dred for another quadlas pred, so you can take advantage of the stratagem. I'd try and move some points around to get a lieutenant to stick next to the preds, it'll make them extremely killy. I feel you have to many reivers compared to actual melee units, maybe drop one to get a vangaurd squad or something.

As I said before I'd try scouts with snipers over 1 or 2 reivers as reivers seem too costly for what they for me

Probably a long shot but does anyone know who makes these bases?

How the fuck do I beat Guard.

>using the basing paints ever
>having clippers that curvy
Just why

Base design that I have so far.

Lustrian Undergrowth
Underhive Ash
Anthonian Camoshade
Rhinox Hide (Rim)

Going to add some Mordheim Tufts for that swamp feel.

Mortis flux levithan

Yeah, I know about the official spoilers, I'm talking about a leak of the whole codex that was apparently up on iTunes by mistake for a short while.

Nice, how cheap?

Have you looked on the underside
And just try Latin paving warhammer bases
The release date was leaked because they made it public too early for pre order that's it

>not using the basing paints
Gay

Progress for what I've done so far.

Pretty simple but tomorrow I'll have a finished model.

Sincere apologies for the poor photography guys.

Set me back 10 squid.

>Been trying to get feedback on this list for a couple of days, but haven't got a sausage
Fuck off m8, you've been given feedback, and you've ignored it every time and reposted exactly the same list as before. If you're not going to take suggestions on board, what's the bloody point?

Multiple simultaneous deep strikes.

PVA, sand from the local sandpit, whatever brown, desert yellow rim
BAM 10/10 bases

>The release date was leaked because they made it public too early for pre order that's it

Ah alright, thanks. That at least clears it up.

I believe the Codex Astartes calls this maneuver "Steel Rehn"

Not him but did he reply with why he was ignoring advice
*defensive deep strikes

That is an indistinct green smudge, which means it's an A++ Raptor.

Low on anti-tank/anti-monster. Necrons can't just rely on gauss for that any more, you'll want at least one dedicated unit.

I play Tau.
He used 4 scout sentinels and 70 conscripts though.

Asking for list advice with chad marines is pointless anyway. They have so few options right now that any armylist of them basically writes itself (which might actually be the point of them)

Martion Ironcrust before or after varnish?

Anyone else upset Autocannon/Lascannon Venerable Dreadnoughts are illegal now?

Yeah, this. In general massed deep striking seems to be the way to go, since there's no real counter play against it apart from hoping for bad charge rolls or playing Tau with lots of early warning overrides. The new LSM stratagem helps somewhat, and I'm hoping that eventually most armies will get something similar, but it's fairly costly at 2 CP and still doesn't solve the problem entirely...1000 points of grey knights just dropping in your deployment zone and charging straight away isn't much fun.

to the guy asking how much I want the mediafire for shroud of night sorry for not responding, was in a meeting and it would be great if anyone could link it here, gotta travel for a while in a bit so itd be great to have something to read during

Not illegal you dumbass, if its in the imfex it can be fielded

>I play Tau.
Perhaps you should've said so in your first post then :^)

They aren't, you can still use the entry from the Index.

They're not illegal yet, you're still allowed to use them from the Index.

>imfex
lel, wtf autocorrect

If he's spamming conscripts you need to have something that can chew through them. I assume they'll be supported by a Commissar too. If you can field any sniper weaponry then do so. Pick him off and those conscripts will be decimated in the next morale phase.

What army are you playing with? What were the full forces each of you were fielding?

So I got 2 dark imperium death guard sprue sets. What should I get to complete a 2k army? Convert one of the lords of contagion to typhus? Get some hellbrutes and tanks?

Why are they illegal?

Except it's not? "The datasheets in the new codexes overwrite the same datasheets in the index books."

DAfags BTFO?
Fucking every marine army is as gay as christmas now. Embrace your battle-brother, you know you want to

The Federal Bureau of Intelligence took offence and fielding them is not punishable with five to ten years in maximum security prison.

Stealth suits with homer beacon allows crisis team to deep strike with flamers, gg ez pz

This line from the FAQ:
"The datasheets in the new codexes overwrite the same datasheets in the index books."

Therefore, VenDreads no longer have access to the old weapon options.

Quad-lascannon predator is solid. But it's probably best to wait for their codex before filling your list out to 2000 points, there may be new options in there you'll want to take.

DEFINITELY convert one of them to Typhus. I'm guessing that will change once the DG codex drops, but right now Typhus is both cheaper and better than the Lord of Contagion, so there's no reason to field the Lord, and they're visually similar enough that a conversion shouldn't be hard.

And when explicitly asked about wargear options they said anything in the index is kosher

Probably wait untill the announced Death guard codex is released (it's gonna be the next one after the CSM and GK codexes are out next week) so you can decide if you maybe want Mortarion, DG terminators and that cute little tank they're getting.

I've had like 3 responses, mostly headscratching about Reivers and Preds

The feedback I've had has been fairly minimal - was I supposed to rewrite my whole list with limited feedback given?

I'm considering the advice as options for different situations, but I'm still using this more generic backbone to critique to get an idea of variations I can create

Highlights haven't been done yet but yeah, a green haze from far away, that's pretty Raptor.

>painting your bases brown
Get a load of this fag
Astrogranite or GTFO

So explain what "The datasheets in the new codexes overwrite the same datasheets in the index books." means then you dumb fuck?

Anyone play any games lately? I had a 1500 Konor game against Dark Eldar yesterday.

I brought Straken, Yarrick, a Priest, a Commissar, 30 Conscripts, 3 Infantry squads, 2 Tank Commanders, a Basilisk. 4 Bullgryn in a Chimera and an Armored Sentinel.

He was trying some fun units to see if they were worth it, so it was an experimental army run. He brought 2 Raiders with Wyches, a Venom with Bloodbrides, 2 Succubi, like 15 Hellions, some amount of Reavers, a Razorsomething flyer, the Razorwing flock, some Chimeras and some Beast Masters.

Turn 1 he pretty much hid out of sight or flanked and was just far enough away so I couldn't counter charge or shoot much. Turn 2 he assaulted and the Conscripts took a hard hit. Turn 2 I hit back really hard and gunned down most of the Hellions and Reavers, the rest was melee where I wiped everything that assaulted. Turn 3 he gunned down the Bullgryns with everything and then the rest was glorious melee death from the other Succubus, Wych squad, Chimeras and Bloodbrides.

The end result of the game was all my infantry died except Straken, Yarrick and the Priest. I had all my vehicles, and he had 1 Reaver and the flyer left. Overall it was fun and most of the game took place on a 1 by 1.

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/legion-focus-black-legion-aug4gw-homepage-post-2/

Who was in the wrong here?

"The datasheets in the new codexes overwrite the same datasheets in the index books."

This means you CAN'T use the dreadnought weapons. End of story.

meaning new abilities and or stats, you dumb fuck

hahahahahahahahaha
It's crap.

Thanks, I'll wait until the codex then.

Oh it's you again with the orange conscripts. Still loving that colour scheme every time.

New part of Abaddons datasheet?

>Community team member Rhuairidh, who wrote this article, is so confident of the awesomeness of the Black Legion that he’s offered to prove it with a game on Warhammer Live. Tune in at 6:00 pm UK time on Twitch to watch it for free – he’ll be battling the Grey Knights, who we’re previewing here.

How much do we know about the GK codex aside of Grandmaster Dreadknight?

So besides the Death Guard, the Black Legion are the only ones getting new models this edition?

So Black Legion confirmed for Ultramarine mirror

Atleast its not Word Bearers level of crap. Who will probably be released on the last day, hoping that some idiots still preorder the codex.

If you don't like World Eaters or Emperors Children its time to stop playing. After 3 codex variations its clear that it will not get better. GW simply has no idea what to do with non god aligned legions.

Copy of the Ultramarine stratagem.

Yep, that's new.