Slaanesh

What's happening with Slaanesh, Veeky Forums?

First she was captured and demoted in AoS, now in 40k there's an eldar god who's planning to destroy her...

Do you think GW are planning to do away with Slaanesh? If so, why? Why her specifically?

If not, what do you think is the future of Slaanesh in AoS and 40k lore?

Fan theory says Ynnead is a Slaanesh avatar and everyone's being played for fools.

I doubt that's the case... that sounds more like something Tzeentch would do

>she

She has the girliest set of dicks ever

Dont really care anymore, the fluff have boiled down to "lul! chaoz did it xD xD xD"

Actuality Ynnead is Slaanesh's true bother. They were gestating in the Warp since the start of creation. Slaanesh was born first but Ynnead was lazy to be born so he kept slumbering in the Warp wound a bit longer. He is not partially awakening and readying himself to exit the womb.

Slaanesh is being reborn in the mortal realms in 40k, now that Abaddon has provided him a suitable vessel she can enjoy the pains and pleasures of the flesh.

GW is making their franchise more family friendly.

They have always been in a good position where 40k looks fairly wholesome from the outside(good space heroes fight evil aliens), with the more adult stuff being more obscure.

The more popular they become that won't work anymore.

They are removing things that would make parents uncomfortable, the tranny goddess of sex drugs and rock and roll is high on this list.

Sisters will probably drop the bdsm nun theme and become generic female space heroes or get replaced

The whole religious aspect to the imperium is getting downplayed with guileman.

They are remaking both eldar factions , dark eldar especially have to go

Expect less nuanced villans, the whole zombie nurgle focus makes sense

To predict what changes will co.e next Imagine your typical blue state and red state parents guess what in 40k will make either of them uncomfortable

Much as I hate it, this is right

They should just up front sell toys instead of a hobby.

Yeah it was great while it lasted, now it's going to be Disney star wars

They basically do,btheybhave long said they are a model company not a gaming company

It didn't work out for Rackham, so I imagine that GW is going to stick to plastic kits as it is more profitable for them.

Fuck... that's just sad.

Part of what makes 40k awesome is how it's both edgy and ironically edgy at the same time (kind of like Judge Dredd). Removing that edge would just turn it into another Star Wars / Star Trek / Dr. Who

I'm going to fucking laugh when Eldar spawn a 2nd fucking chaos god and BTFO themselves again

Truly we live in the end times.

Damn guys... this is sad to hear. Slaanesh was one of my favorites, and not just because lolboobs

Hsenaals, chaos god of abstinence

It's actually not at all, but keep memeing.

GW have been determinedly marketing 40K to 11-13 year olds for close to two decades now. Unlike US companies, GW knows that controversy sells. If their products get banned from stores in some sparsely-populated Bible Belt states the boost in sales from the controversy would more than make up for it.

Slaanesh is going nowhere

So what is the truth?

That the setting is continuing much the same was as ever, only now we get HH Primarch wank.

no one has posted the SC slaanesh daemons yet, shockingly

>imblying that squatting slaany doesn't mean they don't want to sell off their stocks

>Slaanesh is going nowhere
Slaanesh has literally disappeared
>dumbass rat god is taking xir place (despite basically being a Nurgle-Tzeentch hybrid)
>Eldar are working on a god that will either fuck chaos up or be another chaos god
Face it user, they're getting rid of Slaanesh

>Face it user, they're getting rid of Slaanesh

If that were true then why wouldn't they have done so already? They've not been lacking in opportunity.

They're Brits, they hate tits.

>the last god we made keeps eating our souls so lets make a new god who also eats our souls and looks just like slaanesh. . . fug
t. aeldari

ILook at what happened with AOS the parralels with nu40k are obvious

11-13year olds don't control their own finances, and most parents on buy their children toys that make them uncomfortable.

More then Bible thumpers get turned off by 40k, my very liberal mother thought it objectified women

In the end GW doesn't care about creating a quality unique IP, they want to sell models and mass market appeal will help them do that

So lets say the people who think slaanesh is on the way out are right, what does that mean for all the rumors that fulgrim is the next for a daemon prince model after morty?

>Look at what happened with AOS the parralels with nu40k are obvious

What happened with Age of Sigmar? Do you actually know?

That might be the most Slaaneshi sentence I've ever come across.

Fake news, isn't slaanesh back in AoS already?

It became less nuanced and morally grey

From grimdark to Noble dark

>It became less nuanced and morally grey

No it didn't.

Yes it did

Imperium of Man is becoming the Good Guys and not just the theorcratic fascists who happen to be human

And they are allying with the eldar - who are becoming noble elves, instead in inscrutable alien dickheads who would burn a human world to save a single eldar life

>The tranny godess of dex drugs

Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad. You're the reason it would ever get squatted. Slaanesh is so much more than that, Annandale made a masterful of that in Warden of the Blade, never resorting to sex or drugs to picture the fall of 2 mortals, both trying to help the Imperium with the best intentions but going too far.

Everything you said has yet to pass. The only point that MIGHT be valid is Guiliman trying to get less of he Ecclesiarchy in his business, and that's not GW trying to appeal to american soccer moms you mong, that's Guiliman acting In Character, as according to his fluff. And even then, it's not true at all considering DI has him playing along with the Church, knowing it can be useful, and admitting that the Emperor may actually be a God.
In addition, The fac that GS has SEVERAL GODDAMN CRUSADES in it is surely a sign GW wants to downplay the religious aspect right? And so are Celestine's multiple recent featurings, using DIVINE POWER and showing the power of faith and whatnot, I am sure! Definitely GW getting atheist all right

Surely the Reivers being terror troups disembowling foes and being raving madmen is also a move towards more family friendliness right?

>Dark Eldar have to go
And your proofs are? Your ass?

Jesus fuck you doomsayers and shitposters are a bane onto this word I swear to god. The ONLY notable difference is that the Imperium is now used as the proper "good guys". Before it was a hellhole because of multiple issues, notably internal ones, now it's a hellhole because of the Enemies, and there's hope for the Imperium. That's it. That's fucking it. No faction removal or change of its core, no matter what you want to see.

This has been going on for ages. Just look at the Tau. They're just flat out good guys. Dawn of War made some attempt to make them grimdark with the whole sterilisation thing, but GW just said fuck it. They're good, naive dudes who want to include everyone in their huggy bear empire of love and progress. Hell, space marines have been retconned to fully be rowboat's athiest marines of reason and progress, and the Imperium as a whole will soon follow.

Space Marines haven't believed the Emperor to be a good since 4th edition you mong. It was.a major point of conflict for them and the Ecclesiarchy, particularly the Sisters of Battle

That's the thing though, there should be no hope in 40k. Everything is fucked, comically so, tongue in cheek. Making the setting serious and good vs bad is a stupid thing to do.

>Imperium of Man is becoming the Good Guys

They have always been the good guys in comparison to their enemies and they're no more good guy than they've traditionally been.

>And they are allying with the eldar

That's always happened in big events.

>who are becoming noble elves

The only change in the Eldar is the Ynnari, and they're deviant soul vampires who worship the god of death.

>Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad
>being this fucking new

Slaanesh has ALWAYS been DRUG SEX ROCK AND ROLL, from it's fucking inception. The perfection/generic excess stuff is basically new fluff to attempt to round it out

Tell that to Page 3... oh wait.

GW is being transphobic and removing transgender characters to appeal to alt-right frogposter nazis.

This is how we save Slaanesh. Brilliant.

It's not just the US market, there are probably places where it's just not legal to sell models with tits.

>Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad.
Slaanesh is the god of excess, that often manifested as sex, drugs and rock-n-roll. Sure, it can be done without those, just like you can have rock-n-roll without sex and drugs. But usually, those go hand-in-hand.

>You're the reason it would ever get squatted.
You phrased it slightly wrong, YOU will be the reason GW disneyfies their universe!

btw, I'm not the user you're responding to

>Not alternating pronouns
Did you just assume his/her gender?

I like your reasoning.

Oh I'm not saying it is. That's to each to decie wether or not they like it. But that's a cha ge in the writer's point of view on how the setting should be. I feel like they want to turn down the grimdarkness a bit after the grimderp stage of 6-7th ed.
It's not GW trying to appeal to soccer moms like the other user was saying.

It's captured and demoted in favor of a fucking rat. Its followers still exist out there , but that's it

>just like you can have rock-n-roll without sex and drugs

No you can't.

You can have Christian rock without those, but as with women's leagues in sports, if you have to qualify it, it's not the real thing.

So if GW goes full retard and squats Slaanesh, it's not because of any actually logical reason, it's to spite some neckbeard on Veeky Forums who likes tiddy too much. Gotcha.

It's a D&D rulebook "she"

>Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad. You're the reason it would ever get squatted. Slaanesh is so much more than that, Annandale made a masterful of that in Warden of the Blade, never resorting to sex or drugs to picture the fall of 2 mortals, both trying to help the Imperium with the best intentions but going too far.
You didn't explain why in your opinion they're removing Slaanesh, though. We all know Slaanesh is more than just "tiddies and sex", doesn't mean we can't stereotype her/him/it like that

My whole point is that GW ISN'T removing Slaanesh you silly cunts. user made a "GW IS DYING YOU GUYZ!!!1!"-tier post, and it annoys me greatly.
Worst thing is, of all the Gods, there's only Khorne that I like, and Slaanesh is the one I hate the most, but I can stand retards spouting bullshit even less.

>I can stand retards spouting bullshit even less.

Why do you come here then?

>Surely the Reivers being terror troups disembowling foes and being raving madmen is also a move towards more family friendliness right?
Parents don't care about violence, it's sex that causes issues. Showing someone being disemboweled is fine as long as no breasts are in view to warp childrens fragile minds.

"Nerd culture" is mainstream now.

And everything mainstream must never anger the two almighty Moral Guardians: the conservative Soccer Mom, and the progressive Feminist Activist. They usually disagree on a lot of things, but both happen to utterly hate any display of sexually appealing females. So if a company wants to be spared of the Moral Guardians' wrath, that's usually the first thing to go. Just look at other "nerd media": video games, comics, even animation.

And while Slaanesh and her daemonettes are not always exactly female, and gratuitous sexuality is quite in-character for them, GW prefer to be safe than sorry.

>hates Slaanesh
>defends GW
Why am I not surprised?

Can't find a sexy Sororitas to whip so I come here to hurt myself, my dear.

Ah yes, you got me, I'm a GW employee, my oh my, my disguise is no more!
Also, fo to your nearest shop to get the nice new models! They're awesome and guaranteed 100% family friendly and 0% sex!

True. Conservative parents love violence because it's their god-given right to bear arms and murder stuff and whatnot. Liberal parents love violence, if there are enough strong independent women murdering stuff alongside the men.

On the other hand, conservative parents hate sexy daemonettes because looking at them is sinful and corrupts the youth into perverts, and liberal parents hate sexy daemonettes because it's mysogynistic and corrupts the youth with toxic masculinity.

Nah, you're not a GW employee, you're just a fag who hates Slaanesh so much he'll defend GW squatting them.

This is why Khorne will never be on the chopping block even the hypothetical one, the excess violence of the series will never be a problem.

Learn to read you dumb fuck. I argue that they're no squatting it and that user is being a paranoid fuck when he sees GW becoming more family friendly or some bullshit like that.

Slaanesh mortals > deamons

There is a difference between crusading against demons and having inquisitors kidnap, torture people and commit genocide at the slightest hint of heresy

GW is a toy company and the biggest consumer of toys are children

Selling to children means selling to parents

Also 40k memes are used by the alt-right and GW probably wants to distance from them

Parents are still going to hate it but they won't consider it taboo

The violence isn't an issue because it's never shown

In a tabletop game when an ork takes a bolter to the chest I can imagine him clutching his wound and falling over or getting his torso blown apart

No one cares if the recipient of violence is an alien or demon

>Also 40k memes are used by the alt-right and GW probably wants to distance from them
Ah yes, the Pepe effect

not pepe

>Also 40k memes are used by the alt-right and GW probably wants to distance from them
This is true. When I see people who have no idea what 40k is talking about "God emperor Trump", I think that GW is probably looking at how to keep their products disassociated from contemporary real-world political factions.

>Liberal parents love violence, if there are enough strong independent women murdering men.

FTFY

I can deal with the wings. Wings are common. 1/3
I can deal with the olive branch, its been around for a while. 2/3.

But the arrows? and all 3 in the same image?
3/3. Ive seen less evidence that gravity exists. Every movie with a prophecy had less evidence than this. Zeratul didn't kill Kerrigan over less evidence than this.
Trump truly must be emperor.

Imperium are the bad guys.

The most humane races are the necrons and tyrands.

If they kill all the people, they save the universe

By that logic the janitor cleaning that wall is the god emperor too.

So, if we accept that he is the Miracle Man, how do we get him to his island?

Slaanesh is being dropped so parents don't have to worry about their kids seeing sexual stuff. It's just Gee Dubs trying to open up their stuff to more people.

>she

If Slaanesh was being dropped why would they have released the Start Collecting Daemons of Slaanesh box last month.

Well of course, if a good-looking white woman is in danger it's a national tragedy; chopping dudes into pieces is mindless fun though

Because Slaanesh plays an important role in the event prior to her squatting.

They want to milk all the $$$ they can out of Slaanesh before she/he/it gets squatted.

see

Limited edition only available while supplies last goyim

The good ol Horseshoe Theory strikes again.

I will fight you.

>what is the End Times

And those followers are bringing Slaanesh back. There's a reason no one takes the Rat seriously.

>Space mummies and bugs are the most human
>When actual humans that exibit every triumph and flaw of humanity are already a major faction.

That guy gets Slannesh on a level that few of us can.

with Trannies going mainstream, a gender bending chaos god is A) no longer edgy and B) potentially offensive to people who insist gender is just a social construct.

The sad thing is, many people don't get the irony when they cheer for "God-Emperor Trump."

Tranny here just wanting to be clear its only SJWs who give a shit about offence.

>Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad.

This argument comes up time and again, and as always, sex drugs and rock and roll are the only niche Slaanesh has. You say "excess is more then that!" but you like everyone else can't provide any actual tangible aesthetics and abilities that fall under that umbrella and don't also step on the toes of the other Gods.

Were you born with access to the tranny hivemind, or did the HRT attune your pineal gland to it?

I want to do fat marines when I get a shitton of money and green stuff. They're all hugely obese looking like the hedonist robot from futurama, armour splitting at the seams, armour adorned with little robot legs to carry them, bolt pistol in one hand and chicken leg in the other.

desu

When you were kids, did your parents take any interest in the 40k fluff? LMAO

sensible_chuckle.jpg

>Tranny here
fuck off

I love it when you're rough with me daddy