Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Third Party Abaddon Edition

>Black Legion Faction Focus: Meh
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/legion-focus-black-legion-aug4gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Astaramis was an inside job!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/03/incoming-transmission-b50-ap78903mh-aug-3gw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meme

Was it just memeing on the stream when they were talking Alpha Legion or not?

They said something to the effect of: when Alpha Legion warlord dies, you can swap him for another character and it doesn't count for slay the warlord.

Also something about them getting a random chapter tactic.

Any pics of nuGuard models from Twitch? Are they cool looking

no I think it was serious

That's "Many Heads of the Hydra". A very fluffy rule they got in Traitor Legions back in 7th. I'm happy to see it back because it transitions to 8th ed. Perfectly. Basically it just makes getting "Slay the Warlord" VP against Alpha Legion extremely difficult.

so do stores let you use 3rd party models in place of the official one, or are they super anal about that for wargames?

That is an ability Alpha Legion has in 30k, think its called something like Many Heads of The Hydra.

Chadguard confirmed marinelets btfo once again!

The CULTIST CHAMPION was the Warlord the whole time!
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you Yiffs, and your wolf too!

Depends on the store in question. An official GW would probably have slight problems with you using non-GW models, but most FLGS shouldn't have any problems with it as long as the model is clearly identifiable.

When will they learn?

Official GW stores are anal as fuck. Most others don't give a shit. YMMV

>Abaddon gets 1 less CP bonus than Girlyman

Because of course he fucking does

>warhammer-community.com/2017/08/03/incoming-transmission-b50-ap78903mh-aug-3gw-homepage-post-4/

So do we know, what the fuck it is? Armageddon Steel Legion? Adeptus Titanicus? Necromunda?

>GK can give any unit DS for 1 cp and +2 on an invul for another

wew, also they're going over the CSM strats soon

FLGS won't give a shit as long as you give them SOME business.
Doesn't have to be everything, but if you are using their space you should give something.

Grey Knight Chaplains confirmed on stream.

This is my stores rules

On stream Chaos used 1 CP to give his hellbrute +1 to armour save.

Cool.

What do they look like

My FLGS is in love with my retarded joke army.

Guess the South America gets less trigger about tits and bad paintjobs than the rest of the world

Armageddon steel legion are the new imperial guard models
Necromunda is confirmed at this point, the gun seems to be off either an arbites generic or a remake of some metal character from necromunda, like how the deathwatch captain was originally an inquisitor model

Why do the incorruptible need chaplains.
Give the re roll buff to brotherhood champions.

>the armless chaoslet get blown out again!

>so reasonable until
>no FW

LGS's policy is that they're saddened when you choose other retailers but accept it (willing to experiment when needed, such as putting a 20% discount on 40K during the dark days of 7th), and if they can't/won't sell the product in question they don't care period. Shit, they assume all FW products are recasted because that's what they do now.

No model yet, but there are rules for them.

is this a GW store or flgs?

Objective secured confirmed for CSM.

Dark Raiders Trait (For Red Corsairs etc): Advance and Charge.

Thanks doc.

Same reason they needed blood wards to prevent them falling to chaos despite no GK ever falling to chaos, but they will fear Crowe for possibly falling to chaos for wielding a daemon weapon

>Waaa, my failure of a husbando isn't as good as one of the most strategic minds in the galaxy

FW is just fucking awful in recent times

I'm hard right now.
Necromunda and Guard models!

Still no SoB but hey! Better than fucking marine again

Gamesworkshop

no fw is silly, why everyone hates it? i just want to play my kriegers.

The original purpose of chaplains, maybe?

How many Reivers should I take anons?

For a FLGS it would be quite anal...

>no FW
It means no 30k? Shit store

Some good, some retardedly cancer. Shit store with undoubtably ultra faggy store keepers.
4/10 shit in their toilet and don't flush. Then leave

i think tha'ts a gw store since they don't sell forgeworld. i think regualr FLGS can order from fw but not sure. i thought GW stores could sell fw stuff but you had to wait on it to show up at the store. i cold be wrong.

Is this bait? The "rage quitting" one is absurd both because you shouldn't try to hold people to stay against their will, and because throwing games against complete douches who won't let the game be fun is kinda important.

And the Forge World one? Directly against company policy, if this isn't made up as bait you should report them to head office.

Sauce

Too much marines, not enough guard, not enough traitor guard. I understand why, but still.

Also, I am still waiting for mythical Fires of Cyraxus. I would also love if they make a new editions of classic IA campaigns.

Nothing in there about not being stinky.

You'd think it wouldn't need to be a rule but it does. It very much does.

Zero and get 9 Arco-Flagellants with a priest in a rhino instead.

Demon Shells: Combi bolter, bolt pistol etc, 1 command point. If you hit, you do D3 mortal wounds. If you miss, you take d3 mortal wounds.

I feel like snorting salt, but I want to believe!

Which means no 30kucks

Brilliant store

Stores hate it because HURR NO PURCHASES
Players hate it because DURR BROKEN SHIT
Buyers hate becaise HURR EXPENSIVE
China hates it because DURR STOP SUPPORTING THE INDUSTRY AND GIVE ME YOUR MONEY

in the WD they used the limited edition one. They also used the regular captain model as a GK captain

We Kriegers are masochistic cunts.

> BROKEN SHIT
Dat is good baitu

Solid. Especially for bikers.

I was expecting GW rules to be even more anal than this.

I don't see the appeal of FW now, their models are shit compared to CAD plastics.

You see that new Blood Ravens Chapter Master? Holy fuck that thing is awful.

There was definitely a time when FW was incredible compared to stock GW stuff but that time is gone now.

Piracy is a problem of service.
Retarded prices for mediocre quality products is part of the service problem.

Does this make it ok to recast? Hell no, but blaming the recaster for shitty services is kind of stupid

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It's so dumb that idiots think FW stuff has broken rules given that GW can't properly balance their own games and retards focus on FW stuff out of jealousy that they can't afford it.

Play guard.

WE WANT TO KNOW MORE!

Been travelling for work and haven't had any time to play yet.
How do Dark Eldar hold up this edition so far? Especially Haemonculus-related models?
And how are Tau, assuming I don't want a commander spam?

Fuck, yeah...I remember one of the LGS in my area actually put up a flyer reminding people playing in their store to please remember basic hygiene because it got to a point where you basically couldn't play in that store in summer anymore...

Sad fact. We had a FLGS who had to have that rule posted on the door.
As a gamer, this always confused me. How fucking hard is it to stay clean? Just shower, wear clean clothes and use deoderant, you degenerates.

>daemon shell (1CP)
>if hit with a bolt pistol/gun/combibolter, do D3 mortal wounds
>if miss, take D3 mortal wounds
I think, was slightly zoned out then suddenly realised they were saying interesting shit.

>something (1CP)
>give a unit a mark of chaos

>something else (1CP)
>vehicle ignore move penalties for heavy weapons

>chaos boon (1CP)
>if kill a character, roll on a chart (2D6)

>VOTLW (1CP)
>unit gets +1 to wound for shooting or fight phase
>doesn't apply to renegades (obviously)

>1CP (tzeentch)
>get to use one more power at end of psychic phase

>something about bringing in cultist unit 6" from board edge

>linebreaker, kill shot, flakk missile
>as SM codex

>daemonforge
>daemon vehicle reroll to hit and to wound in shooting/fight phase

>spell familiar
>change a spell from dark hereticus

>alpha legion (1CP)
>deploy one unit in shadows and deep strike

FW offers superiors alternative for certain parts of the range and neat vehicles, especially larger ones. It also offers an easy way to efficiently buy official weapons bits.

It is Guard. At least the army looks different unlike the marine stuff that if you are lucky have different paint job to tell you are playing against something differnet than other 90000 identically looking marines

Seriously, what the fuck is it with TCG and tabletop gamers?

Why are so many of them fat and stinky?

I walked into a GW recently and I had to inform the employee, "dude it is like a locker room in here, either that or you guys are fermenting cheese." The pungent aroma fucking backhanded me in the nose as soon as I crossed the threshold.

Are there any tough, slow, melee-focused armies? Like unstoppable juggernaut style?

I agree that they've been surpassed recently but they do make lots of great shit for customization as well as some cool vehicles that just wouldn't otherwise exist

The gift one is called Blessing of the Dark Gods, and the other one is Blasphemous Machine

Also MURDERSWORD IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS

Help, Godhammer or Crusader ?

So, is Abaddon getting a new model or not?

Political correctness is what happen.
Here in SA we just tell the fat smelly bastard to fuck off and shower.
Even throw him money to pay for the shower in the gas station.

Fluffwise what kind of heavy support should i use for my word bearer army? Daemon engines? So far all i have is a Maulerfiend.

CURSED CROZIUS UP IN THIS MOTHERFUCKER

Run nothing but Bullgryn and something as an HQ choice like some kind of Space Marine captain or a Tank Commander. Bullgryn are T5, 3W, 2+ save with big Mauls that do S7 -1AP D2.

Footslogging Custodes is also a good option for this.

Tyranids are also a great option for this.

What's the worst is that FW feels like they hand a lot of stuff to an intern lately

This shit looks like the last thing that Iron warriors would have, its far too ornate

So how would everyone do the Squats? I remember 1d4chan made a codex with some fluff & homebrew weapons but I'm not sure.

In theory you could use anything, Dark Apostles tend to use what 'works', if you wanted to follow a theme, I'd go for defilers and havocs, demon engines and infantry heavy.

You can run Nids that way. Also Haemonculus Coven.

This helmets looks cool

Probably worn by the cool 10% of IW decimated by Perty.

I always assumed that that was specifically for mkiv and it kind of visually makes sense there, but iron warriors should be mkiii and mkii when I made mine I used some of the death guard torsos

sounds boring as fuck to play against.

Don't lose your waaaaay

18 chaos termies with combi-plasmas and power axes and icon of Khorne
Abbadon
Sorc in termie armor with sword/stave and combi-plasma
30 cuiltists
At least its fun to crush enemies

Dark Hereticus New: Death Hex, 8 to cast cast. Enemy unit within 12" can't take invulnerable.

> Footslogging Custodes
1 squad army? What will be hq?

Many Heads.. is the 7th ed traitor legions trait, 30k is Mutable Tactics which you just choose a special rule from a list that applies to the army for the rest of the game, like Tank Hunter or Scout.

>>daemonforge
>>daemon vehicle reroll to hit and to wound in shooting/fight phase

!!!

M5" WS4+ BS 4+ S4 T4 1W 1A Ld5-6 Sv4+
Grudge:
>When a unit of Squats shoots at an enemy that targeted them last turn add +1 To Hit.

Book of Grudges
>Any time you lose a model in the Morale phase add 1 Grudge Point. 3 Grudge Points can be tradeded in for a Command Point.

Hey fellow archons. So right now I'm running 800 points of dark eldar. Should I swap GE 3 reavers I'm running for 8 carbine scourges (or 7 and one lance/blaster)?

It's Kal Jerico.

I can only get so erect!

I guess to clarify, I wrote that badly and it's shooting OR fight phase, not both (though I guess you could use it again). But still pretty damn good IMO.