In my setting I have special undead that don't work like others do. These are called lords

In my setting I have special undead that don't work like others do. These are called lords.

What powers would a lord vampire have to set himself above normal vampires?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5-rdr0qhWk
drive.google.com/file/d/0B40nce9YZ1MbQVJkaE1mYV93b0E/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

does not have any of the weaknesses the typical of of the type you made a lord normally should have

Yea but
The normal vampires have the Dracula powers

I.e can go out in the sun but loses powers vampires

Vampires can't usually be charmed, but he can charm other vamps to create loyal subjects.

He drinks vampire blood.

It's your setting, shouldn't you be telling us this?

So I have this great setting with super special awesome concepts and ideas and I would like to share and discuss them with you!

So, Veeky Forums, what do you think are awesome ideas?

>special undead that don't work like others do

Are they the 1%

I have stuff like liches down pat

But I made my vampires actual vampires and so I am stuck with a problem. Either I weaken my existing vampires, or I find a way to make the lords better

And I have the worst case of writers block right know

Maybe give them some of the crazy obscure vampire powers from mythology? There's a eastern european mythical vampire called the Varcolac who can cause eclipses, or some of the more strange malaysian vampiric things like the Penanggalan or the Polong.

What kind of power increase do the other Lords get in relation to their mundane counterparts?

Think about this

Normal vampires are a horrible mashup of the pillarmen/Dracula. They have the stupid powers of the pillarmen and the weaknesses and stuff of Dracula(can go in the sun but loses powers, change into bats, controls wolfs, etc)

Liches are OCD wizard creations of pure goodness, they lack the weaknesses of vampires, and are stronger in varied ways(more magical aptitude, phylacteries, gaze of fire, etc)

Lich lords are just stupid, completely unkillible, everything next to them just dies, steal souls with claws, etc. that's not even counting that they are stronger than vampires and better wizards than liches

Try Dracula.

I say you could draw inspiration from Vampire: the masquerade for such Lord Vampires. Perhaps they could shape flesh and bone on a whim, creating monstrosities to serve them?

The innate ability to command other vampires. Perhaps their gaze functions on vampires as it does mortals. Greater magical abilities, greater resistances to things vampires suffer from. Perhaps they can go out during the day, but are reduced to mortal levels of power while other vampires simply cannot go out at all.

Make vampire lords immune to the normal weakness to sunlight and positive energy, then give them the ability to take on the attributes of any animal :^)

I was thinking about having the hellsing "you get the powers of those you drink from"
And the gaze sounds cool

Turns out vampires can have many crazy powers depending on folklore. My favorite is the one whose teeth and hooks-instead-of-feet are made of iron.

Vampire Lords are were-creatures. They are normal mortals when they choose to be (only indicator are slightly pointed ears and they always look like they have irritated, dry, red eyes) except they have no lifespan and are unaffected by anything that would hurt a vampire. They can even be healed with positive energy and behave 100% like a normal mortal. They eat, sleep, drink, get drunk, etc. They can have kids. They are also at peak human performance physically (18s in all physical attributes) and retain their normal INT and WIS, and have an 18 CHA. They can change into a vampire at will, spending an action to do so, and when they do, their true forms are as much a nightmarish horror as they are a vampire. They seem to be made of shadows and bloodmist as well as flesh, and they have the same effect as a displacer beast on them at all times, since mortals cannot perceive their true forms entirely due to the near-eldritch nature of it. Their features seem a cross between all of their alternate forms all at once (wolf, bat, mist, humanoid) and their features change and shift as they fight. Any creature in contact with/within 5 feet of a Vampire Lord automatically suffers blood drain that heals the Lord on a 2:1 basis, and in addition to all the normal Vampire stuff they can also make a mental attack against one target a round or whatever that if successful makes them take on the form of a loved one in that person's mind, giving them penalties to attack (disadvantage in 5e, -4 in 3.PF, etc etc).

Crack open an old copy of Vampire The Masquerade and start picking level 10 discipline powers you think sound hilarious.

You went too far with your regular vampires. Pillarmen aren't supposed to be vampires, they're supposed to be what eats vampires.

ownership of land?

stopping time

Yea but they gotten taken out by two semi-normal dudes

One stand and they would have been dead

Magic exists which is reason enough

>two semi-normal dudes
Hamon is dedicated to the destruction of vampires and pillar men, certain stands would certainly be effective against them but not all

Besides, do you really want ultimate kars to learn that stands exist? Imagine what he'd have for a stand

his stand is [Just What I Needed]
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5-rdr0qhWk

Because it forms into just what he needs, as befitting of the ultimate lifeform.

Joseph's stand would have fucked them up because it's an infinite length of rope that conducts the ripple and can predict the future. Many other stand users would have gotten rekt by the pillar men.

Yea but that's assuming that vampire hunters don't exist.

Someone focused on killing vampires(like say Alexander Anderson) could take someone out

Christianity really didn't do a whole lot in Jojo

It's a vampire that's strengthened by sunlight instead of weakened by it

I made this vampire a while ago. Feel free to take inspiration.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B40nce9YZ1MbQVJkaE1mYV93b0E/view?usp=sharing

Kars' death was the ultimate part 2 asspull. I get that it's thematic to crown an attack of awful lazy suspense-free "ALL ACCORDING TO MY KEKAKU" with the worst one yet, but had that /not/ happened, there's only a handful of stands that could even kill Kars, and even then he'd almost certainly be capable of killing the user first.

Bear in mind his crazy stupid stats; even if being the wielder of Ultimate Hamon doesnt allow one to sense stands since they're supposed to be similar, he'd be able to detect their changes in air pressure and all that, and he'd figure out what's going on in under a page.

The only means of killing ultimate kars are imprisonment to which he's basically immune, or reality-erasing stands like D4C and Za Hando. If not for the volcano, kars would have been unstoppable.

Legacy of Kain Blood Omen.

Maximum power Kain is Dracula on Steroids and holds a lovecraftian deitiy as his nemesis.

Vampire Lords can be vampire themed liches, because who wants to be an ichy lich.
Regular vampires become vampire lords by getting 10 class levels. :)
A vampire lord could get powers granted from a vampire god, like a feudal lord gets legal powers.

> Vampire God

see;

What stands could have stood a chance against Kars? Off the top of my head...
>Hermit Puple (especially before Kars became the ultimate life form.)
>The Sun (maybe if you somehow threw Kars into it)
>Cream
>The Hand
>Killer Queen (especially after he got Bites the Dust)
>Gold Experience Requiem
>Purple Haze (assuming no bullshit immunity)
>Made in Heaven
>Weather Report (particularly Heavy Weather)
>Bohemian Rhapsody (could potentially bring some bullshit OP fictional character to life that can top Kars)
>Tusk Act 4
>D4C

I guess I should explain the setting.

World is in the 1980's but magic exists

The world is in a magical Cold War.

For tone think pulp magazine written by hideo koijema, edited by lovecraft, with a wonderful sprinkling of hotline Miami.

Magic can do anything, and if you train extremely hard at something you will become magical at it, anything.

Oh and nazi Germany stayed the way it was, the Berlin Walls didn't happen, and all of Germany is replaced by it.

US is lead by a senator Armstrong
Russia a cyborg vampire lord, and Germany by a lich

Lord Vampire can tame sunlight to reign over other vampires. 1/short rest, cast Daylight. Has no vulnerability to light. Has no garlic vulnerability.

In a homegame I run, there's a lesser diety of Vampires inhabiting a portion of the Shadowfell. I gave her a Rally ability, which works much like the Rally mechanic in Bloodborne. She can recover HP that she lost in the previous turn by dealing damage, converting 1/4 of damage dealt into HP regain.

That, and my idea is that this lesser deity is the "pure vampire", and all of the other vampires are flawed creations that mimic the pure alpha predator she believes she is.