Courtesy and Sportsmanship thread

What social mores do you follow, Veeky Forums? Do you shake hands and Good Game even in casual play? Who most commonly provides snacks?

Example: In my group, regardless of what game we're playing, we end turns with "The table is yours." which we started doing from the rules for L5R, but that feels way more respectful than all kinds of shit I hear in other games like "Go" "Your turn" or just knocking on the table.
If you say "go" at the end of your turn, you can fuck right off.

I shake hands and GG at the end of any game, no matter how frustrating it is for either side.

Usually everyone would pitch in for food. If we were hosting a long game at someone's house it was common for the guests to all bring some ingredients and we would cook.

I can't really think of much else. Usually during games there's a lot of banter and whatnot, but it's all in good fun. Rarely will anyone leave genuinely angry.

what an uninspired bait thread, everyone post skeletons

Chess is really the only game I play on a reasonable scale with people I don't know.

>Offer to shake hands before game
>Offer to help opponent out with transcription if necessary (often not, if I'm playing casually they don't write the moves, and if I'm playing seriously, most people don't make those kinds of errors)
>Always offer to analyze game after it's done, unless I'm in a tournament and another round is starting within the next 10-15 minutes or so.

>bait
...but I honestly want to talk about good sportsmanship and decency.

don't play coy with me you fucking fleshie I know a shitpost when I see one

I always bring snaks, a little more than I plan to eat that night. The thing is, so does everybody else, and so every night there is 6x "a little more than we planned to eat" worth of snacks uneaten, and it's just piling up in this cupboard at the DM's house.

>>Summer

>I don't want to hear about manners and common decency because I have none
>I'll just derail instead.

Usually I bring a gift for the house as is customary when hanging out. I try to bring enough for everyone, even if they're not playing.

Unfortunately I don't get to play in person that much any more, but when I did we would take turns bringing extra minis, maps and dice to a game regardless of who was the DM, it helped in case anyone forgot anything

Always polite, always shake hands, and if it's a casual game of 40k or whatever I sometimes offer advice if the opponent is struggling against me.

If we're playing tabletop or war gaming or whatever at someone's house I always bring food or drink, offer to help out with lunch if we will be there a while, and help clean up after.

If you're the kind of person that won't look me in the eye and shake my hand before/after a game I probably have 0 respect for you as an individual, and it's a big reason why I stopped playing Magic. Way, way too many fucking losers.

>If you say "go" at the end of your turn, you can fuck right off
What about, "You're good to go,"?

Blowout Banquet game night?

eh, I'd give that a pass. It's a full sentence, it's stating a status, not a command.
I'd also accept "I end my turn" or "That's all, your go." or similar. But a semiverbal grunt like "Go." or knockng the table is just rude.

I used to be glad there was a skeleton inside me. Now I am disappoint.

always a handshake before and after the round, always an introduction, always some variant of good game, usually a 'well played' as well unless i fuckin stomped them because I'm always afraid they'll think I'm insulting them.

Also there's always some comment about whatever their scariest play was even if they lost

Crisp high-five instead of a handshake?