Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

How does it feel to know that ysoki/ratfolk are the weakest race in Starfinder?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/u0ZwFfwL
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8cyRaidGGYo
youtube.com/watch?v=VRkaMaSiuDk
youtu.be/t_vdlo2X2ug
youtu.be/ey0wgQYTwnU
youtube.com/watch?v=tONfEAQdDiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4Fgcw88O4S0
youtube.com/watch?v=IxLa6QgqM2w&list=PLaP6jbqNUfjCbqmuJyXql2nCxbaVTWrzx
youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8Lxt-8g4M
youtu.be/DQTCS6aWRSc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Crystal Frazier in general is rather shit as a developer. And you can see her influence in many things.

Class options directly involving Rivethun
>Medium (Rivethun Spirit Channeler)
>Psychic (Rivethun Discipline)
>Spiritualist (Involutionist)
>Barbarian (Geminate Invoker)
>Rivethun Emissary PRC

Items/Spells/Traits
>Rivethun Adherent trait
>Soul-searcher's Strength trait
>Anderos salve and mulibrous tincture

Trans NPCs:
>Shardra Geltl (Iconic Shaman)
>Sonnorae (creator of Harrowed Realm/Harrow decks)

Worldbuilding in General:
>Rivethun tradition
>Attempting to have changelings have a fairly notable incidence of trans/hemaphrodites/genderqueer
>Varisians embrace transgendered
>Lashunta change from sexual dimorphism
>Holomog/Anuli

Thank fuck she doesn't get her way with everything. She's about as bad as Jessica Price.

And its sad when arguably guys like SKR are legit better than you.

Ain't gonna stop me from making Chris fucking Redfield as a Ysokai

youtube.com/watch?v=8cyRaidGGYo

The real balance question:
Are vehicles rendered obsolete by characters (likely casters in particular) by mid-high levels due to differences in how things grow or scale?

SKR isn't nearly as bad as you guys like to meme. All that rules shit for PFuckingS is forgettable and irrelevant as fuck. Go back and read the Dragon Magazine articles the guy did. He wrote some good shit.

It warms my cockles to see people actually getting hype at a Paizo product, and seamlessly developing character concepts for them!

I'll warm your cockles~
What's your Discord?

But all those things are pretty good mechanically?

We shit on SKR for writing literal caster wank trash, and passing it off as good game design. If you don't like the fluff, then fucking ignore it. It's not like any of those classes/traits require you to be transgender.

If the very idea of trans people existing triggers you user, then it might be time for you to fuck off back to /pol/

When are you going to run your first Starfinder game?

Is that image supposed to be a ysoki?

SKR is pure ;_;

I'm sorry, but my cockles are well-warmed already!

I was actually going to post the LFG today, I was only waiting for race information so I could reference them and attach race mechanics to the fluff I'd been sitting on.

Thankfully I then took a moment to stop being a dumbass and wait for the PDF proper. Figuring out some extra stuff I can work on while I wait.

SKR can suck my technicolor gigglestick.

nooooo

You're right. I was a fool. I'm sorry.

I want to make an incredibly busty action-slut for Starfinder!

Same. I was in the closed beta, but a ton obviously changed between then and now. Didn't sub, so I need to wait for the PDF

Nah.

It's only a matter of time before all Ysoki are cute rat girls and all Vesk are dragon girls.

I hate you and hope you get an anal fissure.

But the best action sluts are Vesk, and they don't have busts!

This hurts me more than you'll ever know.

I honestly hope you kill yourself. I'm not kidding.

Hmmm... can't decide what kinda character I want to make first.

Probably going to stick with my Human Envoy... but Operative is tempting.

I wanna make a sharpshootin' elf that don't truck with no offworlders, but then she gets thrust into a damn space ruckus with some corrupt mine companymen, and has to join a posse of suspicious offworlder desperados and rough riders to put a stop to 'em.

Why does she wear the mask?!

Is Mark Seifter cool? I think he's pretty cool.

Should such an awful fate befall them, I will personally see to it they are returned from oblivion.

Would you play blatantly anime Ur Quan Masters?

>We shit on SKR for writing literal caster wank trash

That's Bulmahn. SKR acted as the mouthpiece for the company policy but his actual development pieces weren't bad. And once he got out of Pathfinder and played WoW started opening up to ideas like Monks needing a buff etc.

Even in Pathfinder he wrote some good shit.

For the record:

Jason Bulmahn:
>All of Core iirc
>Summoner
>Witch
>Oracle
>Shaman
>Arcanist
>Occultist
>Lead Designer for Occult Adventures

Knuckledusters in Adventurer's Armory? SKR
Knuckleduster nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Delegating Mark Seifter away from Unchained Monk? Jason Bulmahn
Nerfs to Core Rogue initially? Jason Bulmahn
Nerfs to tumbling, rings of blinking, quick draw, sneak attack etc? Jason Bulmahn
Crane Wing Riposte nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Admitting to not playtesting things? Jason Bulmahn
Mounted Vital Strike etc. nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Medium spirits nerfed from 54 to 6? Jason Bulmahn
Quickrunner's shirt errata? Jason Bulmahn
Ring of Ferocious Action errata? Jason Bulmahn
Brawling as a +3? Jason Bulmahn
Jingsa of the Fortunate Soldier nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Ultimate Equipment errata in general? Jason Bulmahn

By comparison, here's SKR:

Sean K. Reynolds:
>Brawler
>Skald
>Hunter
>Slayer

Reckon it's to protect her folks from reprisal, partner

I think so toooo

Mark Seifter is cool. Just hampered by the team he is working with.

Mark Seifter:
>Medium
>Kineticist
>began work/pushed in Ki Powers for the Unchained Monk

One of his biggest adversaries however is Mark Moreland. That chucklefuck won't let Seifter do some of the stuff he wants to really get into. Like technological advancement/making guns work/Alkenstar. Other than that, he's got the usual Caster Supremacy fags hamstringing any attempt he has at giving martials nice things (see Kineticist) and now has to work as the company mouthpiece like SKR did, so he'll have to say things he doesn't agree with.

Lotta loyalty for a hired gun.

SKR is a good writer and a respectable designer. He doesn't deserve the false hatred this thread heaped on him, not even a little bit.
Plus he wrote the metaphorical book on my favorite greyhawk deity, so I can't even hate.

I kinda want SKR and Seifter to make their own fork of Pathfinder, or their own game. They seem like decent people, I'd share a drink with them

How blatantly anime are we talking? Because I don't want all of the races turning into anime girls with inhuman tidbits.

>she
Cautiously optimistic.

I reckon she's a big girl.

What 4 devs would you pick (3p or 1p) to design a 2nd ed pathfinder?

DHB~

If someone *not* desperately wishing he or she could swap out their sex organs triggers you, you might be an asshole

Seifter, SKR, Jolly, and Forrest, those would be my picks. Those folks seem like a chill group of people.

Crystal Frasier, Crystal F, C. Frasier, and Frasier

Jokes aside I'd get the starfinder devs to do it.

What are you gettin' at, pilgrim?

Who-ever designed the original PoW and PoW expanded stuff at their full power

Mark Seifter
Sean K. Reynolds
Stephen Radney-MacFarland

And, I don't know. Just need someone to help SKR with fluff. That group tends to do well in balance decisions.

For the record:

Stephen Radney-MacFarland
>Investigator
>Bloodrager
>Swashbuckler
>Warpriest (though this was pet class of PaizoCon 2013)
>Spiritualist

To be fair, people (by which I mean /pfg/) didn't really start to realize that a lot of the things SKR said were just what he had to say as a mouthpiece until after he left Paizo and suddenly started saying much different things (see: Monk).

I like the angle, I'm hoping it doesn't turn to cuteposting or lewdposting.

I done enough of that to last a half a dozen lifetimes.

I wanna see that PoW shit expanded to vehicles. For the VF-25 dancing 'queens' and the swords that cleave evil out there.

For you, perhaps.

Though now I gotta find art...maybe some old Exodite Eldar pictures or something.

That sounds dope as hell

Can blindsight be used to get line of sight on something? What about blindsense?

>I hate this trans person for being trans!
>Fuck off /pol/tard, no one gives a shit
>YOU JUST HATE CIS PEOPLE

Kindly kys famalamadingdong.

You're both stupid niggers

You should request a picture in the Drawthreads!

No one has stated anywhere that they hate trans for being trans user. You might wanna calm down.

>No one has stated anywhere that they hate trans for being trans user
>Posted only the things remotely related to being trans as evidence of her "sins"

:thinking:

I'd help if I could. My computer's monitor is borked, sadly.

So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

I've got a game tomorrow. I got drunk yesterday and spilled my spaghetti all over the group chat, so I'm pretty nervous. Hopefully it goes smoothly. How about you?

What game? What game?

Maybe move your dick measuring contest with a woman to another thread so we mights be able to enjoy out space opera leaks?

Maybe the fallowing video will be of help to you friends

youtube.com/watch?v=VRkaMaSiuDk

Guns are cooler than magic. Just sayin'.

Not a /pfg/ game, if that's what has you interested.

WHAT ABOUT MAGIC GUNS?

WHAT ABOUT GUN MAGIC?

No plans beyond my own session tomorrow. The situation is beginning to look a bit dire, inasmuch as it apparently matches some highly unpleasant prophecies. What will you be doing in your game?

youtu.be/t_vdlo2X2ug

Needs more space western tunes.

Gun magic > gun > magic guns

You can still enchant guns in Starfinder.

Who wants a holy plasma cannon?

fair

She pushes trans stuff all over the place and makes it incredibly obnoxious. Imagine if one of the devs had a huge Alkenstar boner and dedicated equivalent amounts of time to pushing special snowflake cowboys everywhere. Wouldn't it be incredibly obtrusive to have cowboys who constantly extol the virtues of being a cowboy, or NPCs who feel the need to hide the fact they're a cowboy from their peers?

youtu.be/ey0wgQYTwnU

This game had some decent tunes in that vein.

This kiddies is what we call a false equivalence

Are you some tranny that got triggered?

We returned to this tower for sweet, sweet loot, fought some undead and a ridiculous undead tiger. I dropped from our airship to pummeling charge its shit. Now, we're going deeper in hopes of fat profits. It'll all go to fueling the effort to kill the remaining 3 dark aspects of a broken god before they can fully manifest in the material.

I've got a big game tomorrow and I'm very excited, they're a great group of people and we're entering new waters!

You understand cowboys are a specific profession that arose under specific circumstances, whereas gender dysphoria is just part of the human condition, right?

I would play the shit out of a secret cowboy, are you kidding me? Making excuses when they find my holster in the back of the sock drawer. Sweating as a tumbleweed rolls by.

Here, I'll pitch in my contribution to this music fest.

youtube.com/watch?v=tONfEAQdDiQ

youtube.com/watch?v=4Fgcw88O4S0

This is a nice one for all that xenoseeking.

>I would play the shit out of a secret cowboy, are you kidding me?

You should play a Wild Wild Westaboo in Starfinder, desperate to hide his/her power level every time they leave the ship!

What new waters would these be?

>You understand cowboys are a specific profession that arose under specific circumstances

Lies. The cowboy is universal. And rad.

Doing scut work for two dollars a job, chopping wood, chasing down cattle, murdering or being murdered by Mexicans, occasionally getting murdered by other Americans and getting fed to the pigs because Arizona is a godless territory that should never have been admitted to the union, wearing chaps, all that good stuff.

The murky, stagnant waters of a big bog!

youtube.com/watch?v=IxLa6QgqM2w&list=PLaP6jbqNUfjCbqmuJyXql2nCxbaVTWrzx

How about space folk?

People are sick, so no game this weekend.

Shirren transshirrenist. As in, they want to replace all their chitin with armor plate and all their muscles with cybernetics to show their individuality.

>Get invited on an outing with the rest of the crew
>End up going shopping
>Spot a Stetson on display

You're technically correct, but you're avoiding the point.

Space Irrisen here I come:

youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8Lxt-8g4M

>When everyone's having a good time and you give a good holler

How unfortunate. Did you have anything planned you were particularly looking forward to?

youtu.be/DQTCS6aWRSc

I'll fucking do it, don't fucking think I won't.
>shitposting on the web about how revolvers are the best weapon that has ever been
>threatening to shoot people in duels
>"Bet you won't see me at high noon, bitch. Fucking coward. Yellow belly."

So what seems to be the better option for most encounters Exocortex or Drone?

No, I think you're *missing* the point.

Being transgender isn't like being a cowboy, or a fighter, or an elf. It's universal, something that can happen anywhere, to anyone. So I don't see a reason to *not* give an underrepresented, but universal, group some attention. Especially when said attention also ties into some neat lore concepts that are often overlooked.

Exocortex turns you into a discount soldier that can hack shit, while Drone gives you a Drone buddy.

I'm working on backwards converting the Solarion to Pathfinder. While I'm at it are there any other Starfinder classes people want to see converted?

Is it me, or do the mechanics for Starfinder come across as more of a Scifi version of 5e