/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have you used the fighting supplements? (like WOD:Combat, Hurt locker etc...)
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/6fua9m/exalted_a_history_of_exposure_3rd_edition_the/
enworld.org/forum/content.php?4329-White-Wolf-Announce-Storytellers-Vault-Content-Creators-Program
projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/kurieg/beast-the-primordial/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey guys quick question. In CoD how strong do physical augments like Vigor and the strenght gift make you at max rank? Is it life car level, lift bus level, lift tank level?

Thank you for the feedback on what I finished so far everyone

I'm a Mage irl

But do you get jetpacks and lazer guns? If not why even be a mage?

I get all that and more that you could ever dream of

Friends, Faggots, Cuckolds. Lend me your ears.

reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/6fua9m/exalted_a_history_of_exposure_3rd_edition_the/

in a nutshell, OPP are cutting overhead by fucking over their writers and devs, content that the meat grinder of the OPP forums will provide fresh, naive souls for the forges.

Of particular interest is the revelation that there is only ONE MAN doing every piece of layout for all 13+ game lines.

It makes me wonder if it wasn't just Brucatto that screwed the pooch on M20....

the screenshots on "Dick" Thomas losing his shit over people criticizing his sub-par artwork are beautiful. I now imagine he speaks like Rick from the Young Ones.

This is news from like 3 months ago, why are you bringing it up more when nothing new has happened?
Then again shitting on RichT is almost as good as shitting on Brucatto.
Carry on.

You don't understand Onyx Path is a small indie company.

Running a small business hardly justifies being a garbage person that can't take any criticism at all, like RichT

Can we shit on both of them together?

Something like: Rich gave Goat Boy a blank check on M20 because he has patreon groupies to pay his rent and only wants organic hummus and sidebars from Rich unlike those other hacks who demand actual money.

Your complaints are futile. Nobody cares about /wodg/

They're all protected in their safe space OPP forums

cause holden and morke need their cheerleaders after they fucked up their chance to work in the rpg industry by not doing the work they were supposed and lying about it for years

Sycophants, the lot of em.

Well 5 dots is the pinnacle of normal humans. So depending on how many extra dots, yes?

Could a True Fae fight an Archmage?

So 5 dots of vigor is only peak human...

Version 1.23
The Illumined Path were... A bit weird to write, if I'm going to be honest. A lot of their Spirit stuff showed just how much stuff Spirit has lost in 2e.

So I uh, put some more of that back in.
e.g. Their Third Attainment protects Sleepers with this weird aura, that if you have Spirit 3 stops them from taking Breaking Points from non-Supernal, non-Abyssal supernatural stuff for the duration.

Their Second Attainment also kind of forces people to act in accordance with their nature and perspective on other's Enlightenment. So those who want to help others are Inspired, and those who are selfish pricks are compelled to run away, escape, or protect themselves. It's withstood by Resolve though, and with Potency equal to Spirit dots, so you can easily spend a Willpower to push through and take offensive action.

Their fifth Attainment? Buddy I know that's not how it works RAW bar Archmasters and that usually causes Banishers and Madmen, but the person who created that attainment had to be Gnosis 9+, was likely an Archmaster, and could do whatever the fuck he wanted.

So yeah, you want to spend a DOT of Gnosis to awaken a suitable Sleepwalker at Gnosis 9? That sounds fair to me.

Oh shit, just realised that I forgot an optional arcanum for the first Attainment.
Uh, stand by folks.

Ooookay.
Version 1.24
Now with simple Twilight sight stapled on to the first attainment.
Fourth Attainment is a bit weird, and mostly useless for the Mage themselves.
However really this Legacy about helping others, and I doubt a Gnosis 6 mage would really care about the power of his Attainments beyond their ability to help Sleepers.

Jesus Christ you guys weren't kidding when you said beast was the worst splat ever written for WoD chronicles or classic. This book is painful to read.

No. 5 dots in vigor adds 5 dots to your strength. So 5 strength+5 vigor=10. At that you can lift a tank of semi truck.

Bench press maybe, pick up and throw at somebody probably not.

>Holden and Hill fucked themselves because they didn't do the paperwork
And that's why you always get everything in writing. Verbal agreements don't mean shit

So what happens if a hollow mekhet's Ka is destroyed? Power reserve drained, blasted into oblivion, like destroying a 'regular' ephermal entity that isn't an anchored ghost? Do they just lose it forever, no reflection but no more Ka fucking with them?

So was Catalyst, and they still found the money to fuck over an entire fanbase, embezzle some money, fuck over the people who'd make quality material - and renovate their bathrooms! Let's not write OPP off, here. I've got faith they can do all that and more. They're already starting!

I love you. Please include rules for waifuing the gate in the next release. God help the poor bastard Seer who ascends to become one with their Exarch when their Exarch is the gate.

Seriously though, this is impressive work. All of it.

Catalyst managed to come in and out of an embezzlement scandal and still keep Shadowrun, and if that's not a sign of how fucked this industry is, I don't know what is.

But how can OPP top it? Slave children in Malaysia? Maybe the reference to the creation of Hollow Ones is actually where OPP keeps a writing sweatshop, where writers are surgically grafted to computer workstations! Larp events as recruitment centres for Rich's Rape Dungeon!

They can't and they won't. There's just not really anything to make fun of. They're just a company that can't handle of its workload with an IP long past its prime and a fanbase that swings between devoted acolyte and jilted lover.

Problem is a lot of it really is quite good and fun to play. But the baggage attached to the line is huge. We run WoD and WoD games sometimes, but jesus *christ*, you do not talk about it in 'tg public' or the people think of fat-goth-girl-with-a-heart-and-blood-in-her-hand-LARPing.

>Considering the EXP cost, would these be reasonable uses of Inception for 15th generations?

It seems like too much of a "circumvent the Curse" path for me. I mean, yeah there are already ways to do that to some degree (Fortitude, thaumaturgy rituals etc) but a big part of the vampiric theme is that you're cursed and that you have some really major weaknesses.

Circumventing those weaknesses too much, even for a thinblood, will harm the game's story and theme even if it's potentially "viable" in terms of a thinblood maybe figuring out a way to do it.

Plus, most Inceptors don't ACTUALLY make new disciplines; most just re-discover lost or nearly-unknown disciplines, which to most vampires will *seem* like something brand new.

We see several examples of this in the Time of Thin Blood supplement for VtM: 2 out of 3 of the "inceptor" disciplines are actually just rediscovered disciplines or thaumaturgical paths, while the last one that is actually original is still severely limited.

Thinbloods making new disciplines sounds scary on paper to an Elder, because the eldest Elders are familiar with the concept of making super-strong disciplines that became their trump cards over the centuries, but any shmuck on the street could tell you that "getting slightly better odds when gambling, but only in certain situations, and never changing things around too much" does not really make for an impressive power.

So, yeah, could a thinblood do it? Potentially. But even if they made a discipline along the lines of "sunbathing for vamps", you'd have to limit it greatly (Far beyond just the "only 3 dots" rule) or add severe drawbacks to make it viable from a gaming perspective.

Otherwise, it'd just detract from the story. And that's a big no-no, in my eyes.

Because I only just found out about it?

Because I'm not really into Exalted and this thread is starved of actual content?

Because I'd rather wrench my neck muscles trying to suck my own dick than have to explain to one more fucking moron about different game lines having different themes and styles?

Can you suck your own dick? I've always been curious about the mechanics of that. Can you post a picture? Censored, sure, just leave the rough workings of your body visible so we can see where you're straining/bending?

Well, no, I can't, hence me saying I'd strain my neck muscles if I tried.

I've seen pics, but I think you need to be born with unusually loose joints or something similar.

Isn't it? It's just jaw droppingly atrocious. Intellectually offensive. The writers, the developer, all of them, are a disgrace. I really hope none of them are working on Deviant (or anything else related to CofD) ever... ever.. again.

And what do you do when no-one gives you the fucking contract at all? Or they pay you 200k worth of words when you did 350k?

Verbal agreements are still binding under the right circumstances. If they weren't, Holden and Mork would own the rights to their own writing.

We tried to warn you, you poor soul. I can only pray you didn't shell out any actual money for that turkey.
Does anyone have a complete credits list? We can compare, contrast and complain.

Could you use co-location to get into the Shadow? Or are you stuck using Spirit 3 to wind down the gauntlet enough to create a Verge and stepping over yourself?

You can create an Iris into the Shadow with Spirit 3.
It's just Withstood by Gauntlet Strength.

Yuh, should have mentioned that too. More looking for a way to get in using Space.

Did you mean to peg the perfected adepts final attainment as being a permanent thing in that writeup? So once they use the attainment, that's it until they use it again? Does it stack with Attainment 3?

IDK, search for and teleport to a Verge?

Being able to hop between dimensions with Space alone seems to dismiss a few of the other Arcana really, as they're not real 'places' that you can go to without Magic.

You can teleport into the shadow with space 4 and spirit 2, so i see no reason you couldnt add spirit 2 to colocate to get there.

You are not however getting into the shadow using space alone.

It's advanced duration, and it has an effect not determined by Potency. So yeah, it's got a duration of 1 year, and needs a ritual to maintain. But are you going to forget, some time in that year, to do it again?

Also sure, The Perfect Ogranism stacks with Chi Force.
One creates a new 'Perfect' Body, the other makes it even better, if you bother to spend the Instant Action for the scene.

Really though, to do so requires Gnosis 8, or Gnosis 9 if you can't find a mentor.
So I think it's fine.

Really, I went a bit bullshit with the 5th Attainments, nobody's ever going to encounter them as anything other than plot points, or 'lesser' powers in an Archmaster game.

So how's the new Dark Eras going to be?

I noticed. About the weakest one I've spotted in there was the one for the Secret Order of the Gate. Christ, the third optional for the PA is obscene on its own.

SHIT.

Oh, you mean which one? Looks like Ancient Ireland is going to win. Not that I care, I'm not giving those shitheads another red cent. Piracy 4 lyfe, cunts.

enworld.org/forum/content.php?4329-White-Wolf-Announce-Storytellers-Vault-Content-Creators-Program

I'm just sad Aspel wasn't here to see this... he would have told you all about his ideas for new modules, and oh, you would have all wept and tore at your hair.... fun times.

One more, actually, because I'm not quite sure if I'm reading it right. That same third attainment - I'm guessing it was modelled on kinetic strike but made purely melee and given the damage boost instead of the range?

The "best" part is that it's not even just that it's the clumsiest attempt to virtue signal ever. It's also a legit mechanical fuckhouse of fail.

What a shame. The Golden Age of Science Fiction was the first one that appealed to me. Would've backed if it's been the one.

The way it looks right now it wouldn't be either, they're about a 1,000 dollars short of that stretch goal and we're well within the period where "last minute" backers generally start rolling in.

Oh yeah, I didn't write that explanation very well.
Yes, it's Kinetic Strike, reach into Advanced Duration and the Stunned Tilt effect.

As it's duration primary, the effect lasts initially 1 week, then a month, then a year as your Forces rises. However I neglected to mention that as before, there's no way a Monk will neglect that particular hour of training.
So yeah, the secondary factor goes into Potency, is it's 2 to start with, then rises to 3 at Forces 4.

Also Kinetic Strike without reach (and Attainments rarely have any) is always unarmed. I realise I forgot to actually mention that. I've added those clarifications to my document, and they'll be there when I get around to doing the Scions of God.

Alright, ta. PA was my legacy last time we played, was going to do it again. I sort of liked paradox-free-do-it-in-public hadouken, but I dig why it isn't there so much anymore.

When writing that Legacy, I also realised that Perfected Adepts will almost certainly not get to use their Defence against Firearms.

Given that Forces and Life Mage Armour don't permit that, and neither Arcanum has that as an effect for a spell. A disturbing realisation for me, given that I gave them an Fourth Attainment which offers that as a possibility.

Bugger.
I really don't want to put the madness of Kinetic Shield into Attainment form though.
It makes me feel unclean and doesn't really work well with their entire dynamic.
Slapping charging people into walls though.
That's fun.

The Hadouken would also be limited to their Fourth Attainment, which requires Gnosis 6, rather than their 2nd in 1e which is only Gnosis 5.

I mean, I can put it back in, in place of the existing 4th Attainment, and then come up with something else for the 5th Attainment...
Do you think that would be better?
I'm not above going back and revising my earlier stuff if someone has a request or suggestion that's better.

I read it as "Combine this attainment with Fate/Space/Time armour and you can defend against bullets that way".

You could just do a non-spell like attainment like some of the other legacies have, I guess? "If it's physical, you can apply your defense. Apply your forces to your defense stat" or something similar.

Honestly? I'm probably not the best person to ask. We've run exactly 8 sessions of the new game. Balance and gameplay isn't really something I can comment on with any confidence. I *liked* Hadouken, but the current one is solid, just lacks 'flash', which probably fits the perfected adepts better. And they get a sort of hadouken if they ever hit the fifth attainment. Maybe hash out one for both options and see which one you like better, since you're the one doing the work. I think most people here are pretty happy either way, given the reactions to what you post.

Plus if you replaced the fifth attainment you'd probably have to turn the third attainment into some sort of step-up thing, the way the originals got to add a second stat to their boost.

Scions of God pweese

no

What would be the benefit of having week long Acceleration?

Not having to waste time casting it combat.

You could always just hang it, especially as an Acanthus since you could use Fate to put a conditional trigger on it.

So when is Scion coming out?

>The writers, the developer, all of them, are a disgrace. I really hope none of them are working on Deviant (or anything else related to CofD) ever... ever.. again.

DaveB wrote the Lairs section of Beast, has writing credits on every CofD game sans Hunter, and is the developer of Mage and Deviant. He even wrote the story in the Beast fiction anthology, "Premeditation," that involved a beast, mage and changing breed crossover.

Most of the problems with Beast are the fault of MattMc, whose vision guided game, and RichT, OPP's owner and Creative Director who should have easily seen the trainwreck. Don't forget that you're reading the "improved" Beast. The near "final" draft was released with the Kickstarter, and believe it or not, it was MUCH worse, so bad that Matt tried to do rewrites during the course of the Kickstarter.

There's somewhat of a postmortem of the disaster, and it looks like Matt was the one who really fucked this one up. Judging by his quotes, he's a sniveling cringe level lefty who injected his own personal garbage into it. The editor, Michelle Lyons MacFarland is even further along on that fringe, and happens to be his wife so with no quality oversight, they got possibly the most embarrassing RPG since FATAL. Published. Way to go kickstarter backers.

projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/kurieg/beast-the-primordial/

So, can supernaturals still not be ghouled in 2e? Just made vitae addicts?

That's an incredibly poor decision as that involves more mana, and more spell control.

Easier to just leave it idling in your spell control.

> he's a sniveling cringe level lefty
Don't even fucking attempt to push this on the left. The book's obviously written like a alt-rightist's power fantasy, only dressed up in politically correct terms so as to not be so obvious, except of course alt-right is incapable of subtlety.

5/10.

Unless you've got back problems, you can do it with some training. Stretching's a basic exercise in most sports, you know.

> damage control
And I barely even said anything.

You do realize that Matt, Rich and most of the authors of Beast are very openly and proud members of the left and hard left?

The facts that Beast demonstrates a shocking lack of self-awareness about such politics of identity doesn't make it or the authors "alt-right" or anything else.

>virtue signal
Ah yes, the typical alt-right-wing argument against it. Not content to argue about broken mechanics, pointless character motivations, poor layout or the crap that passes for art, there's always that ONE little panphobe that crawled or was banned from r/The_Real_Donald and came here to act like he *actually* knows something, or *actually* bought a single book from this publisher, ever.

You can't even use your own fucking terms properly. "Virtue Signalling" means the pointless placation of "the left" by a hypocritical "centre", right?

Aren't you the same measley-mouthed little shit that whines about how many damn fags, trannies, dykes, niggers, wops, kikes, spicks and Dem Damm Injuns get jobs writing for OPP?

Time to pick one. OH WAIT! That would require consistency, and that isn't terribly common with cases of schizophrenia.

>and if you look over your shoulder, folks, you'll just catch sight of Peak KS disappearing into the distance.... aint that a sight.

> left-wing politics
> Yankistan
Choose one.
Your political climate is rightist to the very core. Labels are irrelevant.
If you're going to say that leftists didn't mind BtP more than rightists did, then you'd be lying.

Oh, pretty please.

Hey Matt, how do you manage to type with your head so far up your own ass?

What is so "left" about it? I must have missed the chapter that talks about granting buffs if the Beast recycles or buys take-out from environmentally sustainable small businesses.

> everyone who disagrees with me is a shill
Do go back to r/The_Donald.

>If you're going to say that leftists didn't mind BtP more than rightists did, then you'd be lying.

Except that wasn't the point of the post at all.

Beast was written from a perspective of the left, just like almost everything else from WW. This is obvious and unremarkable. The problem with Beast was it took some of the politics and culture of the left to such an absurd degree that it became an offensive caricature noticed even by some ostensible leftist supporters of WW products. Rather than a abandon the project entirely, OPP's patches and rewrites often just highlighted the problems.

Also, spare us the garbage about how you're so left that you believe the OPP writers are really members of the right in comparison.

How does stretching allow you to achieve that kind of angle with your spine, bro?

Wait, how do YOU know this?

I'm.... asking for OP.

It's left because the gays were mentioned as being good people. Of course, he chose to forget that there was an uproar over implications of LGBT people being malicious monsters, because of course lefties liked it and are all evil and are ruining 'Murrica.

Beast is identity politics writ large.

However, in making a leftist revenge power fantasy against the purported "right" (e.g, homophobes, MRA activists, etc.), they inadvertently justifies the alleged hate of the right by making Beasts monsters without any redeeming qualities or moral self-reflection.

>You do realize that Matt, Rich and most of the authors of Beast are very openly and proud members of the left and hard left?

Why is this only ever an issue when it isn't the same sexuality / political affiliation / gender as you guys?

It's just I never hear a gay guy get as ass-blasted as you turkeys over a conservative game designer. Ever.

You need therapy.

Go fuck yourself Matt.. We are not letting you try to drag this thread into a political argument where you just try and call all your critics Trump supporters or Men's Rights Advocates.

For those who don't know, Matt responds to criticism of beast in this manner every. damned. time.

no

Have you really never done any stretching exercise, not even once? It's basic, obvious stuff.
> Wait, how do YOU know this?
Oh, I'd like to be so stretchy as to be able to give myself oral, but alas. I just know that it can be done rather easily if there's will.
And do google "autofellation". Seeing for yourself is quicker than asking.

> I'm so schizophrenic I assume I'm talking to the same games designer I'm discussing

Seek. Help.

The LBGT crowd being monsters in Beast was not the intent of Matt, just a side-effect of their representing minorities, just with superpowers, yet writing them with absolutely no redeeming qualities.

> Beast was written from a perspective of the left
No, it wasn't. The left is anti-hierarchical, while BtP explicitly was and is.
> politics and culture of the left
You mean the trappings? Gee, matey.
> Rather than a abandon the project entirely, OPP's patches and rewrites often just highlighted the problems.
Uh huh, and you imply that that's them acting leftist, rather than merely refusing to take responsibility for their own actions.
> spare us the garbage about how you're so left that you believe the OPP writers are really members of the right in comparison
Oh, please. The whole bloody world laughs at Yank politics, don't act as if it's news for you.

Right. Well, here's where the thread starts going downhill. I'll be back later once our righteous little snowflake here gets their tantrum out of the way.

>everyone who disagrees with me is my empty headed straw man
It's funny that you keep shrieking about reddit while behaving like it's user base.
It's also funny how you manage to miss type the phrase "mealy mouthed" while exemplifying it's definition.
Just the sort of thing a whiny, wannabe intellectual like Matt would do.

>I'm such a fucking ignoramus I'll respond to the same post twice using identical language and expect nobody to notice

>(e.g, homophobes, MRA activists, etc.)

So the fact that those groups have traditionally been responsible for beatings, harassment, stalking, doxxing, hate speech, hate crime, discrimination.... that means you think the "purported ""right"" should be the Beasts..?

Isn't that the same problem but the political spectrum is inverted?

>The left is anti-hierarchical
You blew the ruse.
3/10, too obvious, better luck next time.

>It's just I never hear a gay guy get as ass-blasted as you turkeys over a conservative game designer. Ever.

That's a deflection, and has nothing to do with the actual, and quite ample, shortcomings of Beast.

You also first said that Beast wasn't a product of the left. Since that position was obviously intellectually dishonest and absurd, you've seemed to now evolved your position to little more than complaining about how it's not fair the left is picked on or criticized.

If you believe a rpg book written from the perspective of the right is too bluntly political, inconsistent or otherwise problematic, feel free to start a discussion in the appropriate forum. Until then, condemn or defend Beast on its own merits.

Moreover, "conservative" is not necessarily defined as anyone to the right of you. Terms and language have meaning, and you're believe that some of the left aren't really leftist enough is completely immaterial.

You know which political groups also like to portray themselves as a slighted minority who because of their status can do no wrong? Libertarians and literal bloody fascists. You can't spin this your way, matey.
> it's user base
> it's definition
> miss type
Wew. Talk about whiny, wannabe intellectuals.

(Oh, wait, let me guess: but you don't even visit /pol/, right?)
> That's a deflection
> intellectually dishonest and absurd
Stop projecting, pretty please?