/wfg/ - Warhammer Fantasy General: Imperial Menagerie edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous Thread about to fall off: How do you feel about Griffons, Demigryphs, and Pegasi in the setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbth.com/articles/2011/04/26/the_twelve_most_dangerous_russian_animals_12694.html
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Beorg_Bearstruck
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>yfw unnamed WHFB game is Gauntlet

a friend told me tay enchantress had the best feets in warhammer world

>>top tier waifu
>>shit tier fetish

God I love that mini,that is a fucking leader of men.Not that shitty winged golden sigmarine

Protect his smile.

It's kind of interesting; Franzyboy's clean-shaven face would be considered fairly unfashionable during the rough time period The Empire seems to be in.

>How do you feel about Griffons, Demigryphs, and Pegasi in the setting?

the angry chickens are cool but empire shouldnt have such strong knights

its already the shtick of bestboys AND kislev, why the hell does empire need to have stronger knights?

>the greatest and strongest nation of men in the old world
I have no idea.

While true to history, I think facial hair is more of a Northerner sort of thing. The Southern lords favour clean faces, though some have outrageous beards and moustaches like Helborg and Schwarzhelm, prim and proper uniforms. One of the many reasons why states like Middenland look down on others like Averland.

Strong for their balance, not their overwhelming cavalry charges. You shouldn't have an army that prides itself on its strategy and tactics AND having super strong cavalry. That's Bretonnia's thing. It's like giving elves expendable troops or wizards to dwarfs.

Karl is supposed to be this guy in real life,but i prefer him without beard.Also,during that timeline,they wore stupid clothes(pretty gay desu),so I guess GW make history look more interesting and badass

>Strong for their balance, not their overwhelming cavalry charges. You shouldn't have an army that prides itself on its strategy and tactics AND having super strong cavalry. That's Bretonnia's thing. It's like giving elves expendable troops or wizards to dwarfs.
Given that Bretonnia didn't make it to 7th, much less 8th, I don't think GW was very worried about that.

That and serious religious and the usual "urbanized vs rural" cultural differences that have popped up in history periodically.
Thankfully he doesn't have the Habsburg Jawline either.

>or wizards to dwarfs

Bretonnia's book was finished. It was fucking finished and yet it wasn't released. DDDD:

Also true. None of the northern or eastern cities can hold a candle to Altdorf or Nuln. Middenheim may be the most defensible city in the Empire and the heart of the cult of Ulric, but it still pales.

>>Thankfully he doesn't have the Habsburg Jawline either.
More like the Habsburg bucket.

Dwarfs, not Chaos Dwarfs. They're a different animal.

>talking shit about Chaos Dorfs

no its like giving the best wizards to dorfs or the best archers to orcs or the best guns to beastmen

I dont know what are you talking about

Didn't orcs have crossbowmen at one point?

Look at that genepool.

Ruglud's Armoured Orcs. Better fighters than they were shots.

>>k den.jpg

so?

I do agree with you the Reiksguard should be the Empires only shock cavalry. What they lack and I think they should have is a good light cavalry, like Brettonian mounted yeoman, for chasing down fleeing enemies and harassing archers. At the very least, Pistoliers should have light lances or swords to go with their pistols so they can serve that function while Outriders can be the missle cavalry.

For that matter, the Empire needs grenadiers. They have grenade launchers as it is, they should have an elite grenadier unit that can lob blast charges similar to dwarven miners, but as regular line infantry. An elite version of the musketeer. Or upgrade the Ironsides

>Grenades – from the Spanish granada, meaning ‘pomegranate’ – consisted of small iron shells of one or two inches diameter, filled with black powder. Wolfe’s grenadiers carried their grenades in large black-leather pouches. These were suspended on the right hip from a wide buff-leather cross-belt, worn over the left shoulder and buckled at the front. Above the buckle was a brass match-case, with a chain to hold the slow match needed to light the fuse.

>Grenadiers also carried the standard infantry equipment of musket, bayonet, and ammunition (the latter carried in a black pouch suspended at the front from a black waist-belt). To make it easier for grenadiers to sling their muskets on their backs and also to swing their right arm when throwing a grenade, the broadbrimmed tricorne hats worn by most infantry were replaced by distinctive mitre caps of embroidered cloth.

>Grenadiers were selected for size and strength – not least because larger men could throw grenades further – and their mitres served to enhance their stature. The elaborate embroidery on these, and the rich facings and fittings on their tunics, gave sartorial expression to the high status of these soldiers.

TW WH gave brets some flying mounts. It's a nice idea giving them some degree of air dominance to make up for their currently shit infantry.

Brettonia has always had Pegasi Knights though

Oh look, Makoto.
Did you know the original ending where he got both Kotonoha and Sekai pregnant then got killed went on to show that the kids were his friend's all along?
It was so unpopular that it didn't make it into the hd version that got released in English.

Shaven face is feature of emperors.

>Middenheim may be the most defensible city in the Empire and the heart of the cult of Ulric, but it still pales.
It's design honestly looks more like a very large middle-ages city in a lot of ways, which of course makes it more defensible but less good for economic influence.
>More like the Habsburg bucket.
You could sink the goddamn Titanic with their jawline.

They did & even pre-update Brets had some decent air. In fact, I remember their men-at-arms used to be really cost efficient. How's Bretonnia now?

No, but a particularly smart orc figured out crossbows and made himself and his boyz into a mercenary unit.
Proof that you don't need to be intelligent to learn military stuff, you just need to beat something into someone over and over until he learns.
What the fuck.

what is the best build for a murder franz?

Crossbows aren't the most complicated of weapons, anyway. There's a reason knights and nobles loathed them, because any peasant could use one with scarcely any training.

Grenadiers are sexy as hell.

That and being on top of a giant fuck off hill.

The best part was the lone goblin who stood in the front rank, but allowed for an orc behind to rest his crossbow on the gobbo's head to 'count as' being in the first rank.
>>Gobbo's fer dinner, gobbo's fer tea!
>>Gobbo's fer you, gobbo's fer me!

It wasn't the original ending, that was a later added ending in LxH, one of the updated but not spinoff School Days VNs. In the HQ version, it's impossible to get to To My Children with Kotonoha raped by Taisuki. LxH had its glitches & some faulty routes which should never have lead to To My Children.

Orcs are too stupid for that, they don't have inventive mind of orks

But user, the earlier ones took a while to reload & not ever peasant can get one.

Reminder that Slaanesh is just another name for Tomaru.

Help me into the Empire, Veeky Forums. I keep getting my ass kicked or bogged down mid-game.

Right now I start out using swordsmen as a frontline backed by Crossbowmen with some spearmen or pikes covering the flanks in case of cavalry. I let the enemy break on my front and shoot the shit out of them. If I have Musketeers I set them in front and have them take a few shots before skirmishing behind the front line. I use Flagellants and Irregulars for flanking.

Should I just be using Flagellants for my front line? They're damage dealers (especially after upgrades) and they NEVER break making them perfect for tying up enemies. A row of Pikemen to catch charges backed by a row of flagellants to move up and hold the enemy while the pikemen fall back after breaking the charge seems ideal. What am I missing here? Obviously artillery is a must and I get that fast as I can, but it takes forever.

I always build into troop upgrades, maxing honest steel and pistol corps and making sure to take leader of men and hold the line. After that rush Deathclaw and then go into his offensive tree to make him a one man wrecking machine

what units can be added to the kislev roster to fill them out?

They didn't REALLY loath them.
The Pope tried to outlaw them, but he did that because that current Pope kept trying to take over a part of Italy who's lands were famous for arbalesters that was just kicking the Pope's ass something fierce, but nobody was having any of that shit.
I imagine heavy cavalry found them annoying the same way people who are being shot at by guns find guns annoying, but they were useful tools used by increasingly large numbers of people.

It was really more of a professional soldier's weapon anyway; cheap but effective, specialized, easy to use but requiring unit tactics and training to utilize efficiently.
>That and being on top of a giant fuck off hill
God that would be impossible to siege.
>The best part was the lone goblin who stood in the front rank, but allowed for an orc behind to rest his crossbow on the gobbo's head to 'count as' being in the first rank.
I LOVED the old unit and regiment of renown fluff. Like that mercenary general who basically took a light cannonball the torso and then walked it off and turned the cannonball into the head of his mace.

I was going to ask what the fuck this was about, but I have decided I don't even want to know.

>Kislev
>wood elves but mounted

You're missing the two out of a one-two knockout. If you're getting bogged down that means combat is going too long for you to sustain. You need some kind of cavalry support.

Also
>>Musketeers
>>Irregulars
???

Ice Witches and Imperial allies supported by Diplomats.

>>God that would be impossible to siege.
More often than not, it is. Surprisingly the best someone did to it was Grom the Paunch.

>>The best part was the lone goblin who stood in the front rank, but allowed for an orc behind to rest his crossbow on the gobbo's head to 'count as' being in the first rank.
I LOVED the old unit and regiment of renown fluff. Like that mercenary general who basically took a light cannonball the torso and then walked it off and turned the cannonball into the head of his mace.

Borgio the Besieger. Died by a fork in the back while he was taking a bath.

>implying Wood Elves are rideable
What would ride them?

Who wouldn't?

Polarm bears
Barbearians
bear catapults

Would a horse mount them?

I would, repeatedly.

I found Louen to be MARGINALLY better in Merle endgame, but only because of all those goddamn great traits the Brets can get and his frankly silly charge bonus.
Franz is still top-tier fighter though. After making some really bad mistakes in one fight I had to face off against damn near four infantry units with JUST half a great sword unit and Franz, but Franz was such a beast that he basically did most of the killing by himself and I managed to pull through and win the battle.

That's out of the purview of the current discussion.

I just found this
rbth.com/articles/2011/04/26/the_twelve_most_dangerous_russian_animals_12694.html
Would tigers work?

I hate that when you execute captives as franz/the empire you get negative traits, but killing captives as Bretonia gets you chivalry

Demigryph knight equivalent.
Giant tiger cavalry.

What horse could possibly mount their rider?

Only Morathi.

i unironically like this

are werebears a thing in warhammer?

'muh crecy' aside, Bretonnian society is very much noble bent. As truly noble as the Grail Knights, and thus the king, are, they can only be in so many places at once. Normal human fallibility takes over, and the death of a few lowborn doesn't trouble many lords.

Gee, I dunno, but I feel like your next post is going to tell me.

That looks like it should be sprayed on the side of a van.

I never end battles without chasing down guys and making sure the force is crippled, so even if they get away all I need to do is hunt them down.
Ironically every Empire game I've played ends up being like Storm of Chaos; Archaeon and Friends gets to Middenhein (or thereabouts) and I smash them, at which point they become much more annoying as I spent turn after turn playing cleanup.

The one time it didn't happen Kislev did...weirdly well against Chaos for a weirdly long period of time and I ended up fighting them at Erengrad instead.

Maybe some Slaanesh cultist or has some twisted fetishes & magiced a horse into doing so.

Yes, in Norsca.
It says that they actually aren't all crazed psychos, and one of them is a mercenary unit leader who's concerned with plunder and glory but isn't particularly allied towards Chaos at all.

Also an obvious Hobbit reference.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Beorg_Bearstruck

I guess some super Veeky Forums guy decided to prove he's manly enough & gave his horse a piggy back ride.

I just realized, do Bretonnian Horses get some sort of boost when their rider becomes a Grail Knight?

that happened during my mannfred playthrough, that was a weird game I got Karaz azul and norn as vassals out of the blue after I took over hochland

>Kislev doing weirdly well

Kislev throwing back Chaoscucks is the norm. The walls of Praag need to be routinely bathed with the blood of heathens.

They transform into MEGAHORSE

In WHFB? Just striking at the same time as their faster riders. In WFRP? Likely you'd ride into town astride a purebred among purebreds, a gift of the Lady.

Seeing as how the dead were melted into the walls of Praag and screaming ghosts walk the streets, I'd rather not feed them more blood.

in WHFB the blessing did affect the mounts. so yeah they get protection too. and they're wearing a bunch of armor.

It really said something that the only times Chaos REALLY gets past Kislev it requires ALL of Chaos's forces against some kinda super-powerful Chosen One uniting them.

Kislivites are primarily a cavalry force, but they need something to differentiate themselves from the Brets.
>tigers
Kislivites should have warbear troops, sort of like warhounds or Wargs. But bears, and therefore large shock beasts, small units, terrifying strength. Led by an Ursun priest, these Warbears are considered holy symbols of Ursun.

They already have elite shock cavalry, but if you want something large and monstrous, rather than tigers I suggest Dire Moose. Shod some iron on their antlers and you have something fucking terrifying and roughly the size of a truck.

For troops they should have some sort of Spear Militia with round shields to bulk up their limited infantry choices (Kossars; axe and bow infantry, and Strelsti, Bardiche and Musket infantry)

Gimme a minute to work up a list

>Seeing as how the dead were melted into the walls of Praag and screaming ghosts walk the streets, I'd rather not feed them more blood.

THEY HUNGER

Would those Bretonnians be jealous?

I know but he asked about horses specifically which were part of the same model. You didn't roll separate attacks for mount and rider like you do for Lord/Hero riding Monsters.

Sheer patriotism, kvas and some actually decent light cavalry mixed with Winged Lancers.

But I'd disagree with warbear units. Such a thing is a very rare occurrence, so rare that the last Tzar brought the Cult of Ursun back into focus because of his bond with his bear. It should just be a mount for a Priest and not a unit.

Of that face?

>aww man, the wall is bitching in hunger again

>tfw when working on a list
>it's monstergirls
I need something better to waste my time with until my death.

yeah but now i want them to have werebears

beorn is one of my favorite characters

>You didn't roll separate attacks for mount and rider like you do for Lord/Hero riding Monsters.

yeah you did, they just shared wound characteristic. Horses attacked with their own st and ws. not like the blessing affected offense so much, it was always defensive.

Play WFRP but don't overindulge in magical realm?

I love the WFRP maps. I wish I could spend my hard earn sheckels on a real version of each region of the world.

To clarify, you don't roll to HIT a knight and his horse. I know that horses attack on their own. Goddamn, I remember the 'rubber lance' effect...

WHY DON'T YOU EVER VISIT

horses always did better than riders.

Not always but if you ever believed your friends they'd say so. Nothing hurts like success born out of failure.

in which end times book does the siege of parravon take place?

i'm a long time bretonnian player.

no, always.

Just like peasants always doing better on leadership test.

maybe i was just cursed.

I only visit fabulous walls.

Didn't Boris the Red have a giant bear mount/ally that was his Deathclaw?

IT'S THOSE SLUTS DOWN IN MIDDENHEIM, ISN'T IT.

Might have been cursed, I've been playing Bretonnia since Ravening Hordes, clinging to the rumours of the 6th edition book. You'd never think it, but my friends always liked to bust my balls about horses doing better than my knights because of one time they all flubbed their attacks while the horses won the fight.

Men at Arms are pretty good, though. They're cheap and can surprise you if you let them. Once they took a charge of Saurus Cavalry, beat them, chased them down into a block of Saurus, beat them and chased them down into a unit of Salamanders.

I miss this web comic.

Total war Warhammer 3 when? They made Norsca a faction, I wonder when Albion or the hobgoblins will get some,

>Infantry

Kossars: Missile Infantry, Anti Infantry, Decent
Melee Fighter (canon)

Axe and Bow infantry, the decedents of Ungol Raiders who intermixed with Godospars. Tactically flexible basic infantry unit whose axes do extra damage to unarmored infantry

Streltsi: Missile Infantry, Anti Large, Armor
Piercing, Decent Melee Fighter, Bonus Charge Defense vs Large. (canon)

Elite infantry unit and Kislevs only gunpowder unit. Makes use of a musket at range, and a bardiche when enemies close in.

Spear Militia: Infantry, Shielded, Anti-Large, Bonus Charge Defense vs large, Poor Leadership. (Made Up)

Basic spearman militia armed with shields, meant to repel light cavalry and raiders

Boyars Sons: Infantry, Armored and Shielded, Special Ranged Weapon (Made Up)

Lesser nobility and sons of Boyars and thus able to afford good quality equipment. Armored and Shielded heavy infantry. Each carries a small supply of javelins they can throw before initiating combat with their hand axes and swords. Javelins are short ranged, armor piercing, anti large missiles.

Albion is barely even on the map, isn't it?

Sorry but I find the floor-people to be sexier.

Norsca and Firmir vs. Albion and Zoats.

>Cavalry
Ungol Horse Archers: Missile Cavalry, Fast, Fire Whilst moving, Ineffective vs Armor (Canon)

Ungol Steppe Nomads, fast moving missle cavalry that skirmishes and harasses enemies, lightly armored and relies on speed

Winged Lancers: Shock Cavalry, Armoured and Shielded, Anti-Infantry (Canon)

Kislevs midrange Cavalry, forming the bulk of it's Godospar forces. It is said every settlement of significant size hosts at least a Rota of these knights.

Gryphon Legion: Shock Cavalry, Armored and Shielded, Anti Infantry

Kislevs Elite professional cavalry, this standing force represents the best heavy horse cavalry Kislev can offer.

Ursun War-Bears: Beast, Shock Cavalry, Armor Piercing, Can cause Fear, Frenzy, Poor Leadership (Made Up)

Often led into battle by an Ursun War Priest, these specially trained and armored bears are ferocious and terrifying to behold, but are difficult to control.

I have this idea for a modification of Strike to Stun:
>If an attack is successful and the player chooses to Strike to Stun, they make an Opposed Strength Test of their Strength against the opponents Toughness. Each piece of armor that the target character has covering their head (except for the bevor) grants a +10% bonus to their Toughness for the purposes of this test. A successful Strike to Stun against an opponent at zero wounds automatically inflicts effect #7 on the Critical Effect - Head table.
Does anyone think it's any good?