>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo

miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

First for 01100010 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01100010 01101111 01101111 01110000

Second for Slaanesh

Scrap trukk user here.

Debating what to use for my sprue-built trukk's wheels right now. I have a bunch of old bases lying around that I can't really use for anything, as well as a bunch of unused tiny flying bases.

Any suggestions anons?

Is there anything more tedious than factory recess shading?

Watching paint dry?j

Why is /wip/ so dead? Should we lower our standards? Offer praise where none is deserved? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

last 3 Threads were basically, 10 dudes helping a single guy get his Ugly Thicc Marines on a pretty decent TT standard within a few days giving him tons of tips. 3-4 Dudes posting amazing finished stuff.

Everyone else who posted actual WIPs or conversion Ideas were mostly Ignored

People just should offer advice to everyone who put up the effort to properly photograph their dudes instead of just focussing on the same 3 guys

I plan on abusing the group's painting prowess for my metal green tau force, give me some time to mangle up some more units for criticizing.

>People just should offer advice to everyone who put up the effort to properly photograph their dudes instead of just focussing on the same 3 guys
I think we'd have to start lowering standards in terms of photographing their dudes a little, since I suspect most newbies don't know how to do it properly. That or they have shitty cameras like that user who's building an Ork truck out of sprues and....

What are those white things on the sides and truck-bed anyway?

I'd say focus more on people who arent bloody beginners anymore but still have much to improve on. Thinning Paints is pretty simple, But Telling someone that he should only shade the recesses and not worry to much if a bit spills out since the paint shrinks when it dries isn't obvious but great advice

Ayup lads, it's me again. It's been a good day over here in Sweden! Dug up an old Cairn Wraith that I've been meaning to do something with, and figured I'd actually use one of those vents that comes with the Sector Mechanicus bases. Instead of cluttering up the base it'll be part of the figure instead. The rock that's been sculpted as a base for the wraith will be cut off, and the robe glued onto the vent itself. Pardon the really harsh lighting in this, I just had to take a picture and it's eleven at night. I'll take another few pics tomorrow if anybody's interested.

Any tips for spreading texture paint?

Tips for shaping it into puddles?

Just started painting again. How are my scouts looking so far?

I really like assembly-line style washing. Its so quick and fuckups are pretty easy to clean up

Fellow paint/wip/ers, what is your favorite airbrush, and why?

I'd bite the bullet and buy some cheap toy wheels. Another option would be bottlecaps or as you said bases.

paint looks really thick on the legs and shoulderpads, what brand of paints did you use?

You used White Primer, Im not a big fan of the Citadel White Primer, youd probably be better of using the Black one and then sprinkle a bit white from the top to create a lighting effect

Drill the Bolter Barrels DO IT NAOW

Did you use any shades?

I personally dont like the Bolters being Blue but thats up to you

I like your lenses, but everything else looks a touch sloppy at this point

Iwata eclipse, it's not too expensive and I've never had any issues with it

Does anyone know of a good way to selectively strip paint from a model? O have some old metal scouts from my earliest painting days I'm considering repainting but I'm still relatively happy with the job I did on camo cloaks.

Heya friends, here's a mini I painted up for myself to use for D&D. It isn't display quality and I didn't unbend the sword since I'm just gonna throw it into my dice bag. Also got a new desk and have my first Warhammer minis coming in the mail shortly. I really wanted to paint up some Nurgle dudes after seeing everyone's. Hope the pic with Mechagodzilla makes up for the blurriness of the pic.

I def don't think we should lower standards here. Being critical and telling how it is helps more than what they do over in the minipainting reddit. I go there to laugh since there's so many painters there that absolutely BLOW ASS yet they still get their dicks sucked.

Paint looks a bit thick there bud. Remember to take your time to make sure it doesn't go where you don't want it to. I like the color scheme!

Maybe a sculpting tool? Like one of the little spade shaped ones. Otherwise toothpicks or the end of a paintbrush may help.

Cool stuff.

Inquisitorial golf sale guy time. Might have to shit out of all the freehand and break out the detail pen.

Fucking REEEEEE! Just noticed the mold line on the cuff and the colour.

at least it's only basecoated so it's not too much of an issue to deal with

Yeah. Still pissed I didn't pick up on it beforehand. I had to get rid of a lot of jarring ones already.

Teach me your ways sensei
Takes so long to get all the recesses on my Tacs and I haven't even cleaned up yet

Finished painting a Reaper Bones dragon. I'm super hyped to throw it down in front of my D&D players two weeks from now.

My Cyberpunk Slum for Infinity, installed the LEDs today. More to come.

Woah!! That looks sick!

Currently painting and assembling my half of the Dark Imperium box. Also decided to make a death guard marine without a helmet, so I used a head from the AoS Blightkings box. What do you guys think?

I like it.

Thanks, and also before people point it out, I am in the process of cleaning the modelsmup before priming them. I just wanted to share with you guys my conversion

Nice job man!

bretty gud
but finish the Base

Head looks a bit small from that angle but otherwise neato if you remove moldlines and drill the barrel

Slowly but surely. Only 4 more termies in need of lightning. Then the bases. The arms are magnetized, but they'll be another day because I still have to clean and drill the combi-plas. Maybe by then my axes will have come in the mail

It's tough to match a base to the bones material base. I've been doing the bases in all black for my D&D minis since they all match that way. They also match better with the WOTC and Pathfinder minis, which are done in the same way.

To compensate, I've been working on dungeon tiles and more 3d effects for dungeons.

Get either a nice set of clay tools or spend $2 on a pipe multi tool (omens with a knife). I use the latter for textures when im just doing some quick shit.

Oy! That a feckin crow?

Pretty much finished my mortis contemptor.

Overall i'm pretty happy with it apart from some choice tide marks (Must thin washes more), should I battle damage it?

i posted a previous attempt in the last thread, this is the next scourge i made. any tips on adding definition to the waist sash? on the model it just sort of melts into the crotch/left thigh with no hard edges

My first chad. Looks like ass. I've a looot of practicing to do. Lucky these models are (relatively) cheap.

Is the grey that's showing through from the plastic?

No I used a grey primer as that's what the tutorial I used told me to do but perhaps it was a tragic mistake.

i found this lil baby for sale at a FLGS. I adopted him.

Not a mistake at all. The blue looks like you haven't used enough thin coats on the base colour, keep going until you get a nice smooth, clean colour. Make sure you get full coverage too.

Your highlights are in pretty much the right place which is great, you'll get better at making them neat in time. you can always go in with the base colour and neaten up mistakes.

>it's just a jumbo pot of 'ardcoat

Why is he so small?

Take a picture next to a regular dread.

"don't talk to me or my son ever again"

bloody awesome mate

Thanks bro I'll keep those points in mind. Practice makes perfect I'm sure.

Dear /wip/ what Tools do you use to change the colour Schemes of stuff like Pic-Related .
Seen it done here Multiple times and I'd like to fuck around with a colour scheme

I'm building Malakim Phoros for my Lamenters and I'm thinking of using this head, but before I commit does anyone have suggestions for cool heads?

This is really good! I haven't painted any of the bigger Bones but I heard the quality was better than the smaller ones. Which dragon is that?

Dang man, this is too cool.

I dig this (a lot)

Looks like you've got the right colors in the right places. Like the other user said, just practice getting your paint smooth and practice. Don't forget to look at examples. Keep him around to look at when you have more practice as a reminder of how far you've gone.

Aw, cuuute! You gonna repaint him or anything?

...what?

Hell yeah it does.

Here's some motivation for you. The first mini I ever painted and one I finished last week.

I was shit when I started but I loved painting, still do, it's a kinda relaxing zen sort of thing, so I stuck with it. Occasionally watching tutorials and trying new techniques helps. Master them one at a time though.

Start with baby steps and a clear head, and you'll be surprised with what you can do after enough practice.

Oh and By the way, models always look way worse on camera than IRL, it magnifies your mistakes. I immediately thought "That purity seal is too bright" when I took the picture.

Whats a good base paint for a darker teal? Don't care what brand, I want to airbrush the paint though. Maybe I could highlight with seafoam green? That might look too much like a ghetto Alpha legion so maybe a grey highlight over a blueish base could keep it toned down?

I'm actually trying on this model, thoughts on how the red came out

When I paint teal I use P3 Coal black as a base

Really wish /hhg/ was more active, Angelus when?

that looks perfect, thanks.

Scout fag again.
Just finished this boi. Is he better than his brothers
or should I go even thinner?

Not even Angelus can save HH. It's dead, Jim. Forgeworld took it out back with the shotgun the moment the announced they're sticking with 7th edition.

Thanks! I have done about two dozen Reaper Bones models. In general I think they're pretty good quality considering the price, regardless of size. The larger models have the issue of having seam lines and gaps that are more obvious due to the size. And Bones material is notoriously difficult to carve and edit. But for D&D play where you'll actually be using them, the big ones and the small ones are both great. Also you don't feel bad for going single color + wash + drybrush since it's not like the detail is going to be crazy anyways.

>Which dragon is that?
If I recall correctly it's the Silver Dragon. I wish they had a dragon that's similar in pose with the classic D&D blue dragon rhino horn. But you can't have everything.

How should I kit out my new dreadnought abomination? Fighting necrons of the shooting kind. Basically plasma vs rotor cannon? Fuck flamethrowers they're stupid they wouldn't even work in the vacuum of space

How bad am I fucking this nigga up?

Looking good. Bring some of the medium green closer to the chest icon and gorget though.

Nice, skin needs some work and i'm not a fan of the marks that dry-brushing creates but it looks decent.

Also, green marines are best marines.

>The first mini I ever painted and one I finished last week.

It is impress how much better you've gotten. Khorne would be proud.

Looks like shit. Melt it down and cast it again.

First IG squad in about 2 years, getting there...

That looks much better. However, I wouldn't go completely white, try to go for an off white or a light grey and then highlight with white so you can get more depth with it.

Better, but thin it even more

His armor looks like a sweaty t-shirt. Other than that looks good.

>little brother steps through door
>"helps"
Happened to me twice. Fuck the little roach.

Stupid but at the moment important question: is it possible to paint a model red when it has been spraycoated in silver? The model I am looking at is too big for me to conveniently paint strip.

Looking good. Love the almost cell-shaded look, could do with neatening up in places like the boots/guns though. They are going to be great when they're finished.

Yes but the coverage will be terrible. Like 4-5 coats terrible if it's bright.

As long as the spraycoat isn't too thick you should be fine. Just apply thin coats until you get a flat red.

Thanks man, it's been a long road and I've still got an even longer way to go. I think It's nice when you're a beginner to see what other people's first minis were like, good painters are made, not born.

I highly advise everyone to keep their first mini so they can see how far they've come. It's a nice feeling.

Mmmmmm, I'll think on it more. Thanks a lot!

Alright I need your help WIP., I'm going to finally start my chaos Primaris force now that multi-part Intercessors and Gravis are here, but I have a little dilemma. I'm making basic CSM with Chaos Warrior bits, using the new Death Guard models stock with a few swaps with Putrid Blightkings, but I'm going to try to make a "Berserker conversion kit" using:
- Blood Warrior front torso bit and arms
- FW Red Butcher chain axe
- Chainsword blade
- FW WE pads

I acquired all the bits I need to test for one with a chopped up Primaris and it worked, but now I'm going to need to the task of making a mold and casting the parts. So can someone please tell me a) a good tutorial of making the mold from bluestuff and b) what mixture of greenstuff and milliput is needed for casting? Thanks.

Still taking baby steps.
Nighty night anons, hope you're all having fun hobbying.

Looks kinda busy and really top-heavy, maybe save the vent for jump troops or a bigger base and a couple of the servo skulls for something else.

I like where its at, considering a nuln oil coat to cut down the shine... but this super gloss look wont fit any of the rest of my army. I've got a bunch of stealth suits, some crisis and some xv9s. I was going to do a green and gray scheme on them but tempting to try a shiny green and gold to match this. Terrible idea?

Since when is a post every three minutes "dead"?

it depends on where you come from desu
but I don't personally care, /wip/ is pretty comfy and can be fast when it wants to be

So I want to get into painting in a few months once I've got the money to spend, and I'm wondering if I can get some advice on the things I would need to buy at a bare minimum to start doing this with any hope of competence.

I think I'm going to get the little Army Painted three brush wargaming bundle, as well as some of the other basics, but are there any things you would highly recommend for a beginner? I'll still be on a budget so cheaper is preferred but I understand that's not always viable.

Thats quite garish, I'd personally go for more muted colours than that.

If you want to do it just to have it I say go for it, I actually really like the color, but if you're planning the field that thing I'd tone it down just because it would be so drastically different from your army.

Yeah, a little bit. I think I'll do up the stealth suits in a more traditional scheme and compare how i like the two. Maybe I'll just leave commander bling in his pimp mobile by himself in the end.

What kind of miniatures are you considering getting started with? With any miniatures the bare minimum would be paint, brushes, and primer. Glue is depending on what you get and you'll need some kind of blade if you want to remove moldlines.