So how does your girlfriend feel about your love of tabletop?

So how does your girlfriend feel about your love of tabletop?

Is she a fan too, or does she give you shit for it?

I don't have a girlfriend.

>>>Girlfriend

What girlfriend?

well, because she paints too, (not minis, actual "artwork") she likes to look at my minis and "admire them"

"I said stop trying to do sexy poses"
"But-"
"I said stop, damn it. YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN!"

she doesn't know and will never know unless she moves in and its too late to run away.

Try wife.
She is fine with it, and will occasionally play light board games, ala Ticket to ride.

I'm married to my work.
She doesn't mind as long as we respect each other's scheduling.

Tell her, maybe you could find a game that the two of you can play together.
But just one, happiness in a long term relationship depends on shared as well as separated hobbies and interests.

>tfw your non-gaming friends and family equate painting a miniature to a paint-by-number book whenever I finish one that I'm proud of, because it's "not real art".

Every fucking time:
> I go off to a friends house to play Runequest
>She says "have fun"
> I come back.
> "Did you win?"
> " You can't win..."
> "Wtf? Thats stupid"

Also her parents ask me many times " Hey how was it at your friends place last night? Got a real hangover I guess huha!"

Most of the time I just say yeah.

Also, source?

Its how we met. Five years strong.

That must suck, thankfully my family is not like that, at least not my father, since he himself used to paint ww2 tech things and loves when i *heavily* weather my minis

On rare occasions I have played board games with her as well, which she only enjoys if she wins, otherwise she can get proper mad because I'm not "playing fair".

All and all she just thinks I'm a nerd but she is envies me for having hobbies. Sometimes she will show some interested in it but only because she knows that I like that, I think.

We met playing DnD, and have continued playing to together since.

My ex got me into this stuff.
Fuck I miss her.

So... how do you meet new girls while playing dnd? Don't you just play with your bro's at a bro's house and hang up a no girls allowed sign?

She's cool with it, though she isn't terribly into it herself. She does love board games, though generally more the abstract type. Catan and Ticket to Ride are about the geekiest she gets.

Your bro/sis that gets you into the group also gets some ladies into the group as well.
Gender equality is really nice in D&D desu.
I'm the only guy in my party of 6 and it's a total blast.

I see, okay. I always saw our RPG nights as a nice get away from my gf and women in general.
She also doesn't call you all the time to check if you're not drunk hitting on other girls so it's more relaxed than a regular nights out.

Bro had a girlfriend from outside of game. He brought her to group. She brought her friends who already played DnD. You can probably guess what happened from there.

A classic fantasy themed orgy?

I don't know why anyone would settle for a SO that gives them shit for their hobbies. If my girlfriend suddenly decided she hated the nerdy shit we do together and started being a jerk about it I'd kick her ass to the curb, even if she enjoys fucking me while crossdress.

We met due to MTG. I played a few games with her when she turned up too late for most of the other regulars. I didn't see her for, I think... around six years after that, and I didn't recognize her when I met her again (or even really remember that afternoon at all desu), because she'd gone from like thirteen to nineteen. Apparently I looked exactly the same though.

We still give each other shit about it because not everyone can have good taste in games.

She tolerates it as a part of me, and while not interested in playing she likes reading, watching and hearing fantasy & soft scifi stories all the time. A great girl overall, just don't expect her to show any deep interest aka participazing longer than an hour or two in boardgames. Completely forget about any other Veeky Forumss.

That's Nonsummer Jack you can tell by here wide wide features and generous airbrushing, but I don't know which set.

She's irritated that we haven't gotten to play in a while. We met through D&D, so it'd be weird if she didn't like it now, and she's not the sort to shit on something I like even if she wasn't into it.

>She also doesn't call you all the time to check if you're not drunk hitting on other girls

Dude seriously what kind of fucked up relationship do you have? Normal people don't call their boyfriend or girlfriend to "make sure they aren't drunk hitting on people". Either she's paranoid af, or you've fucked up a lot in the past.

I met my wife in a roleplaying club at her college. A mutual friend of ours brought me to the game and introduced us. She is the GM for the Shadowrun game I'm in.

Just don't play with (or be) spazzes that will scare them off, and get to know chicks that seem like they'd like it.
Girls not being into tabletop is, in my experience, a meme. You just have to find ones who actually want to play and aren't just tagalongs.

You just wanted to post that pic, right?

Okay okay, I might have exagerated a little. She doesn't really call me to check on me. What I meant was, most girlfriends enjoy the idea that that you're having some harmless fun around a table more than getting piss drunk in the city doing whatever the fuck.
Especially when they don't get out themselves a lot.

At least post source, ffs.

I understand this, I rather just keep my gf at home so I can spaz out as much as I want haha. I'll lay down on the spazzing in other social situations.

We can stop half the thread being
>sauce xD want my fapping on a blue board!
if mods delete the pic. It's not like OPs pic has anything to do with the topic.

>girlfriend
Why? Why limit yourself in your hobbies for what's effectively an expensive whore who doesn't always do as she is told? So normies stop thinking you're a "loser"? Yeah, let's see which one of us hangs himself in his 40s after a particularly nasty divorce.

Thank you based God.

Shit bait.

I don't date non-nerds, so all my partners have been (and currently are) actively playing RPGs and tabletop games with me.

Why would you even date someone who doesn't at least encourage your hobbies?

>Why would you even date someone who doesn't at least encourage your hobbies?
It's baffling how common this apparently is. Having a SO who actively disapproves of your interests is normie as fuck

But they rite tho.
>all my partners
GGGgggaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!1

Well, run the numbers:
probably 98% of Veeky Forums is dudes; at least half of these dudes are straight, and the vast majority of women don't have hobbies, and don't really understand them.

Silence faggot.

Wife and I have been playing d&d since highschool together. We both love it and caught our two roommates into it to. Eventually it started to turn lewd and now I only run with 3 attractive women and tinker around with their magical realms.

Everyone is always a winner at the end of the session in more ways than one.

I know this is bait but it's still depressing to imagine someone who actually feels this was about women.

I'm super jealous of people who get to game with their significant other. I always love hearing stories of how people met through gaming or got each other into gaming and stuff like that. It's super romantic.

I have a huge crush on one of the players from my current group, and we're the only two single people at the table with 2 other couples. Our characters are best friends too. It seems perfect to at least ask if she wants to get covfefe or something but I'm way too timid. And there are other complications. But I still like hearing about other people's experiences.

Blog over, thanks for subscribing.

>covfefe
Shouldn't you be ignoring your advisers, Donald?

>GGGgggaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!1
bi actually and tried to be not obnoxious about it, but there you go and ruin that

Why, though? Even if they don't share your hobbies, why would you bother with someone who actively doesn't like you doing them?
At least Veeky Forums stuff doesn't waste tens of thousands of dollars like some other hobbies like cars

They do have hobbies, many are just discouraged from having any hobbies that aren't neat, tidy and unassuming. Like collecting shit, or crocheting.
Finding someone who's open for more nerdy hobbies is actually pretty easy as long as you don't go for basic bitches, or religious nutjobs.

I know people from Australia use "partner" instead of "boyfriend/girlfriend", it's really confusing, but they also call any sandwich on a bun a "burger" so what can you really expect from Convict Island

>implying i have a girlfriend
I don't even know where to start getting one.

Go on Cheeto, shuck the Huckabee! If Clinton can get away with it, so can you! You're our guy!

We got to know each other through tabletop rpgs. She was dating the other female when we first started, and I always thought she was a lesbian. After I went through a nasty breakup, she hopped on my dick. Which was pretty surprising to me. But, we've been together for 5 years and we still game every week.

she tried to get into it a bit with me, but found painting to be too tedious.

so now i have some seekers of slaanesh I am thinking of expanding on to have some Daemonic allies for my Black Legion/Sons of Horus.

Just do it, mang. I beleive in you

she does like to play warhammer with me though. But she has never really played any sort of war game, not even chess, so she has a hard time deciding what she should do.

Been married 16 years, with her 18 years. She has always thought it cool but not her thing (she has absolutely no imagination for these thi ngs) but has never bitched, complained, or anything, even when running 3 games out of a 7 day week. She also buys me core books and others when they come out or sees me mention them... definitely supportive beyond hopes.

That is a quite frankly astounding display of amateurish airbrushing. Not helped at all by her using what looks like gold spraypainted Children' halloween costume bits for parts of the outfit that should be actual metal.

Is she covering her cosplay costs off of welfare money or some shit? This is embarrassing.

>Gender equality
>only guy in my party of 6
math doesn't add up