The necomancer won

what now

I guess gay marriage gets repealed?

I take it he would not want to kill all humans, since he needs to resupply his stock occasionally. Really depends on why the necromancer wanted to win in the first place.
He decrees that free universal health care is available to all citizens so that once they die, their bodies will be more useful to him.
To maximize the amount of robust bodies, not only are people encouraged to have more children, maybe there is also forced euthanization at age 30 or 40.

free zombie fuckpuppets for everybody?

It depends on his tax policy

So 41984.
>Freed from the trappings of their humanity, they plied their terrible trade anew: the dead reviving the dead, on and on, down the years. Forever.

Mah nigga!

Christianity is born, after the necromancer successfuly comes back from the dead.

Use the dead to cheaply fill most work-posts. Turn society either into a utopia in which people dedicate themselves to art/magic/science or dystopia in which they live miserable lives depending on the state for everything.

>dystopia in which they live miserable lives depending on the state for everything
I'm now imaginign shadowrun with necromancy instead of cybernetics

Cats take their rightful dominion over the world and the other races are reduced to subservient feeders or scratching posts.

>Death is my sanctuary
>I seek it with pleasure

t. necromancer's servant

This is the only correct response.

I have a setting based on this idea.

Everyone who hasn't been turned into an undead minion has fled underground after the atmosphere was turned into a toxic miasma.
The Necromancer has abandoned their armies and retreated to the Black Tower. When they were in power, all of the undead were driven by the Necromancer's voice in the back of their minds telling them what to do, what was right and what was wrong. Now that voice is gone and they're lost.

Undead don't age, feel pain, get hungry or cold. They don't feel love and just don't get art. They've got no afterlife to go to and they know it. They don't even really die, they just get broken down into smaller and smaller conscious, thinking, feeling pieces.
Without the Necromancer to guide them they're simply here, unfeeling for the rest of eternity.

Most of them by now have simply lain down and never gotten up again.
There's a culture among those that keep going that's built up around the love of wealth people tended towards when they were alive. They don't do anything with it but gamble it back and forth endlessly or kill other undead for their hordes.
The only treasure with any worth is that which was made by the living, with their artistic considerations the undead just aren't capable of.
Opportunistic undead now raid the underdark for the possessions of the last bastions of humanity's meagre riches. And the Dwarves and Drow they share their new world with.

they killed the greater evil, then they retire to live a peaceful life helping people when he can and teaching people about the balance of life and death

The greater demon who the necromancers were worshipping rise again to rule/destroy/have 10 thousand years of shit and giggles. Because necromancers are basically just a bunch of mom cults, without dark demons and evil masters from beyond they don't really do anything than raising skeletons to do menial work.

Anyway everyone fucking dies and everything sucks, rebels try to win back their right to live but nope, satan wont allow that.

Candlemass for fucking life.

>mom cults
...Cults that specialize in baking and laundry?

>they
People need to stop using that shit unnecessarily.
It's your fucking story, just pick a goddamn gender or write “it“. Fucking snowflakes every time.

Cults that only rise from bored, home alone people with little friends but large neighbor circle, so they flood together to the cult not because they believe it but because they are desperate for the sameness and group activity. A really timid and pretty harmless cult.

So yes, bake sales and working the cults laundromat to get money.

>calling other people snowflakes
>getting triggered over using the wrong pronoun

>triggered
>implying
Let's just ignore that that's not the point of the term, telling an idiot what he did wrong doesn't make you triggered.
>inb4 Y u mean doe
Man the fuck up

>Topples a few governments with an army of the dead in retaliation for persecution
>Tries to rule for a bit but realises they didn't really have a good long term plan
>Seeks to establish a puppet government and fucks off to to personal work with state resources
>Occasionally intervenes in state happenings as a token ruler
>Research eventually beats biological death (aging/illness/trauma)
>Becomes less involved with the regime which begins to break down due to the use of funds in research/ missing undead army enforcement
>Regime eventually collapses a few hundred years later due to neglect but overlord is past caring and dosent seek to reestablish. The land may be degraded due to general necromantic shenanigans or depopulated due to societal ills/fear.
>The end. Within the realm lies the original necromancers lair, developed into a mighty fortress tower during the prime of the regime and maintained by undead minions but otherwise silent and unmoving.

SOON A TYRANT WILL CONQUER
SO SPOKE THE WISE
OF THE DAY WHEN THE SORCERER WOULD RISE

Now I kinda want this. The players are bumbling cultists whose summoning ritual DOES go off for once, and summon up something they can't put back.

What would an eldritch abomination make of incompetent lackeys, other than a snack?

If he had been triggered by the use of "ze" or "xe", then your complaint would be valid. "They", however, is PLURAL, and using it as a singular pronoun is UNDENIABLY confusing.

I'm a ruskie and don't even notice it after 2 years on Veeky Forums. Stop fussing over garbage.

>"They", however, is PLURAL, and using it as a singular pronoun is UNDENIABLY confusing.

I don't think he was.

>When they were in power, all of the undead were driven by the Necromancer's voice in the back of their minds telling them what to do, what was right and what was wrong.

I assumed "they" is "all the undead that used to be the highest caste in this society".

He hasn't just fuss over garbage, he fussed over a product of his imagination!
Fucking congratulations on being blind, nigga.

It wasn't about him being confusing but being needlessly politically correct on Veeky Forums
It serves no purpose, it doesn't make it shorter or simpler, it's just a retarded reflex used and taught by leftists because you “shouldn't assume genders“
That's why he sounds fucking retarded, it's his story and he does that dumb shit,even if the necromancer is genderless “it“ would have been perfectly fine, even if you don't want to hurt somebody's feelings there are no fucking liches irl
The poster needs to get out of the leftist thought-bubble, him complaining about somebody else being “triggered“ because he was a bit rude is just another sign for that, the culture of developing a thin skin is disgusting and very, very unhealthy

>blind
Elaborate, mr hip dude

Workforce participation goes up?

>baaaww leftism leftism leftism
>why aren't people exactly like ME!

Yeah, I'm sure it's other people that get triggered...

"They" is actually the correct term for a singular of unknown gender. It's literally centuries old.

>I assumed "they" is "all the undead that used to be the highest caste in this society".

I assumed "they" is "shithead is playing coy by pretending the gender is unknown except it's his story so it's obviously going to be a woman."

If that's what you're reading out of that you might want to take a long, hard look at yourself and your view of yourself.
Being against hypersensitive social norms is nothing negative, that user is correct when he says it's unhealthy, it's part of the reason why so many sjws have anxiety problems (and not just the self-diagnosed ones).
If you worry too much about that shit it takes over your life.

t. teacher

>if you read alt-right shitheads as being shitheads you need to take a look at your life
>if I condescend hard enough i'll win guis!

kys samefag

>samefag
I am this guy Was that ever in doubt?

>condescend
>I can't give arguments or reasons so I just insult him and try to throw political buzzwords at him!
Yeah, you sure cornered me there by painting me as one of those evil nazis who aren't allowed to have opinions, right?

also
>shitheads
Is that the new shitlord? Either way, if you can't handle people being slightly rude to you maybe you should stick to tumblr

>make a thread
>idiots are arguing about boring, unrelated and obnoxius bullshit again

It was fun spotting all the cat faces in this picture.

Welcome to Veeky Forums

A few new laws are enforced, among them that the deceased must be handed over to the new goverment for reanimation.
The dead are used to rebuild the country post war, and after that automate a lot of menial labor tasks, Farmers can apply for skeleton workforces to help during harvest seasons. As most or all rural maintanence is now done by the undead, the peasantry has more time to focus on their work or even to learn how to read and write.
With quality of life going up all across the land so does literacy, and the country soon becomes a center of learning and research. There might be grumbling about the new dictatorship regime, however life was never this good with the old monarchy.

so Sceleria: the Lazy Fucktard Empire

>idiots are arguing about boring, unrelated and obnoxius bullshit again

Idiots seem to be confusing proper grammar with social justice. This might be the opposite of grammar nazis, getting angry at the correct usage.

Best post.

There was a whole fucking movie about this, The Empire of Corpses.
TDLR: Almost free labor.
+LolUndead army.

>necomancer

Wafer golems. Necco becomes new fiat currency.

>proper grammar
It wasn't about grammar but the the intention behind veiling the gender for no reason and the negative effects of a hypersensitive society, read the thread before you're being an arrogant dipshit about it.

goddmait shut up already and talk about necromancers
failing that, at least sing Candlemass lyrics

No.
I will not stand for your misrepresentation of the upstanding gentlemen in this thread.

Time stands still in these ancient halls
Only the castle itself can tell what it keeps
Dark are the secrets between these walls
hidden in shadows of death, while the sorcerer sleeps

How come you didn't throw a fit about the OP post then? It didn't reveal any gender.
You're just assuming things to be able to rant about a question that literally no one in the thread even thought about before someone got triggered by their own assumptions.

Most likely the they is refering to the undead as a whole, otherwise the sentence people are throwing a fit about would read "When they were in power, all of the undead were driven by THEIR voice".

But lets assume the "they" were used on the fact that the gender was unspecified, how is this a problem? It's a NECROMANCER, a person that has TRANSCENDED DEATH and in most cases wound up turning themselves into a LICH. And now the necromancer is holed up in a castle. AND NO ONE KNOWS SHIT ABOUT WHO THE NECROMANCER IS OR WHAT GENDER IT HAS. It is literally not relevant to the setting or the story.

Do you throw a bitchfit when someone doesn't specify what gender your chair is?

Capital letters for easier understanding.

In my setting, a long deceased God, reborn as a mortal man, sought revenge on the gods who had slain him. In order to attain his revenge, he would turn himself into a Lich and create an undead army to march past the gates into the afterlife, then proceed to kill one of the gods to regain his power.

>Sceleria: the Lazy Fucktard Empire
I have no idea where this is from, but yes that sounds like the end result of what I'm imagining. Think the Roman empire but without a risk of slave revolts. Also you don't have to feed the slaves. But it does end it complacency and unemployement among the lower classes. Might actually jus turn into a huge welfare state since most of the farming can just be automated.

Well Nagash wanted to turn the whole word undead and just...rule it for eternity I guess.

He becomes the King of the Grey Islands.

>How come you didn't throw a fit about the OP post then?
Because it wasn't necessary and there was no story behind it. The other guy built a whole scenario and used they throughout it for absolutely no reason.

>You're just assuming things to be able to rant about a question that literally no one in the thread even thought about before someone got triggered by their own assumptions.
Mate, that's quite literally what you're doing right now.

>Most likely the they is refering to the undead as a whole
Nope, this and his text were quite specifically about a necromancer, read this
>The Necromancer has abandoned their armies and retreated to the Black Tower. When they were in power, all of the undead were driven by the Necromancer's voice in the back of their minds telling them what to do, what was right and what was wrong.
Then ask yourself who they is here, if you think it's not the necromancer you're retarded as the undead never were in charge.

>But lets assume the "they" were used on the fact that the gender was unspecified, how is this a problem?
That's discussed in the thread, read it, then throw a hissyfit, not before it.
And for all the shit after that, none of that is relevant, read the thread to see why, in fact, the genderlessness of liches and why "it" would have worked as well was discussed here, so you bringing it up again just proves one thing:
>You're just assuming things to be able to rant about a question that literally no one in the thread even thought about before someone got triggered by their own assumptions.
You're doing exactly what you accused others of, smartypants.

>Do you throw a bitchfit when someone doesn't specify what gender your chair is?
Nope, not the point, read above or just read the thread for once.

I just realized that you're obviously retarded so let me make this clearer to you

>The Necromancer has abandoned their armies
>THE NECROMANCER
>THEIR Armies
>When THEY were in power,
>all of the undead were driven by the Necromancer's voice
They is very, very clearly the necromancer here, it wouldn't make sense that the undead were in charge, because they never were, the necromancer was and not only dead the undead are still around in his world and still in charge of the upper world, so literally everything you wrote is retarded bullshit built on your presupposed opinions on shit you didn't even bother to read
So here's a tip: next time you rant about shit like a little faggot, read the fucking thread first.

tldnr: learn to read, then kill yourself

>he undead are still around in his world and still "in charge"
fix'd

"Many of you have been loyal and faithful to our cause, understanding the need for a momentary sacrifice for a truly eternal glory and reward.

Some of you are here because you bravely resisted to the end, and chose the path of life through undeath rather than dying for life.

All of us are as one now. Immortal, eternal. Not death, not plague, not hunger, not disease can harm us.

It is true, we lack that which we had before the transformation. Hunger came with taste and satisfaction. Pain came with the pleasures of the skin and flesh, to hold and feel your child in your arms. Weakness came with sleep and the rest of night. To lie upon a soft bed and feel its embrace.

I promise you, as I had promised before, we will work to regain those again. To keep our immortality, and regain those joys of life. We have seen its proof in concept. Vampires still taste the pleasures of the flesh, Ghouls yet enjoy the taste of food, Zombies smell the freshness of the air.

We have time now. Time without end. And knowledge of magic and the sciences. Researchers and magicians will have a lifetime to work and teach others to follow in the great experiment, he that was once a farmer may now drop his plough and head to the academy and fear not that his children will go hungry.

Together we will delve even deeper into the necromantic arts, backed by logic and science, not only will we be as immortal with all the benefits of life, yes even reproduction, but none of the drawbacks.

And one day will claim even the very stars as ours. We are the ultimate spacefaring race, without need for food, nor air, and our footsteps will tread the heavens itself."

See the comedy behind it is the fact that even faced with Doomglor the ever destroyer of everything they would still stick around ,even if it means certain death. Too the end when sitting in the sacrificial circle they would simply wave it off as their friends needing them, too deeply ingrained in the system to notice.

But the necromancer is a member of the party. I guess the heroes win again?

>learn to read
Search "Singular they" on Wikipedia.

This. I had a player who was a healer and a necromancer at the same time in a campaign. He also had a disguised skeleton bodyguard named Roland. No one else in the party knew that Roland was a skeleton. Luckily the only one who tended to Rolands "wounds" was the healer.

That was also already discussed in this thread.
If you would actually read the fucking thread before replying you would know that that wasn't the point.
I'm a goddamn anglicist you fucking idiot, I'm aware of that and my primary language has genders.

Seriously lad, what's so difficult about actually reading a discussion before saying dumb shit?
If you're too dumb or lazy for that, how about you search for "singular" instead?

>That was also already discussed in this thread.
I've seen one person actually acknowledging the existance of the Singular they, and not one person quoted him to discuss this but simply ignored him and stuck to the fact that "they" is apparently a plural only.

I figure for someone who doesn't want to learn something it's easier to give them the source. Either they read it or ignore it. And if they ignore it, well there's no point really discussing with a brick wall.

>the necromancer wins
>he creates his undead paradise
>all life in the planet changes to no-life throught millenia
>the necromancer keeps creating better, more inteligent, more functional undead until he gets bored with it and just stops
>no-life prospers and creates its own equilibirum
>at a certain point in time, no-life is no different than life used to be
>the new, inteligent undead inhabitants are completely unaware of their past and just assume this is how life works
>the necromancer has never been seen, his existence is basically mythos at this point
>basically, the Necromancer is god and everything that exist is his creation

I mean, this could be the origin story of many fantasy settings and nobody would know.

>I've seen one person
You're either a liar or retarded.
Look up how the search function works.

>this but simply ignored him and stuck to the fact that "they" is apparently a plural only.
That is not what this is about you fucking idiot, it never has been.
Why can't you just read the thread? Seriously why are you fucking retarded?
read this Tell me EXACTLY where you see something about the plurality of "they" in that post.
You won't find anything, because that isn't what this is about, it was never what the discussion is about, you just seem to cling to it because you're literally too fucking dumb to consider that your preconceived notion of "hehe, those silly boys just don't know grammar, let me educate them" is purely born from your arrogance and not from any of the content of this page.

>I figure for someone who doesn't want to learn something it's easier to give them the source. Either they read it or ignore it. And if they ignore it, well there's no point really discussing with a brick wall.
Do you get the irony here?
You're literally the idiot too dumb to read a thread, too dumb to search it and too dumb to understand that your grammar tidbit was never the point.
Kill yourself, I do not mean this ironically, remove yourself from the gene-pool please.

New campaign, everybody is a semi-elite undead mook in one of the Overlich's endless hordes of the damned. You have been sent to crush the last few bastions of resistance, but somewhere along the way you realise that you've begun to think for yourselves again. Things happen, and your command group is cut off from backup and contact with the Overlich, deep in hostile territory.

Cue a heartwarming adventure where the party is persecuted by both sides of the conflict, but eventually overcomes that adversity via the power of the human spirit, proving to the dark lord once and for all that even if he should strip all the flesh away, replace the heart with concentrated black magic, and force his will upon the husk that remains, friendship and righteousness will prevail.

>You're either a liar or retarded.
>Say I've seen one person acknowledge that the Singular they exist.
>Quotes two others that do the opposite of acknowledging the Singular they.
Yeah that sure proved me wrong about only seeing one person acknowleding the Singular they. >That is not what this is about you fucking idiot, it never has been.
>"They", however, is PLURAL, and using it as a singular pronoun is UNDENIABLY confusing.
Clearly, it has been about that. But maybe that doesn't count because it wasn't posted by you? See, there are more than two people on this site so there's undoubtedly going to be more than two different opinions, and yours was never specifically targeted in the first place by me.

The whole reason grammar was brought into it was because people make assumptions that can be answered logically with it. But people choose to assume the worst, and conclude that it's clearly the leftist agenda that has seeped in. An answer based on emotion. Yes he could use "it", just as well as he could use "they". But to most people "it" is seen more as a word you'd use for an object, so you can see why someone wouldn't use that for a person.

But if you wish for people to die because someone used a different word than what you'd prefer even though they're both correct in this case then you should probably take a breather. I wish you a good and healthy life.

not the other guy but how does "this isn't about the singular use of they" not go through your head? one of the posts in the other one clears that up

>But maybe that doesn't count because it wasn't posted by you?
Actually that was from a guy speculating what I might have meant.
So yeah, it does not count, try to read the thread.

I won't read the rest of your post, it's clear by now that you're just too arrogant to even assume that you're wrong. You literally butted into the discussion of others to tell them what they are actually talking about, fix yourself.

Jesus Christ give it a rest already
How do you ever make/keep friends when you're so mad?

Would play/10

Best dirge bard coming through

I smiled, user. Thanks

>the dead reviving the dead

Righteous fury doesn't make people wrong, user.

FPBP
P
B
P

Nothing changes.

>In a land where travel is forbidden beyond the great plains and mountains that encircle the kingdom.
>A child is born under a special star.
>Granting him powers above and beyond your normal magic, but cursing him with a distinct birthmark upon his face.
>Legends and prophecies warn of this, and the child is shunned and cast out from society.
>Growing bitter, he learns and practices dark magics from a coven of witches, becoming a true Necromancer.
>As his magic grows, so does his influence.
>He starts to gather followers, servants, and minions attracted to him by his dark arts and gruesome reputation.
>Eventually he has an army large enough to conquer the entire kingdom.
>Heros rise against him, but are felled by the swarms of ghouls and hordes of Skeletal-Giants.
>Finally the kingdom falls, the lands quickly becoming foul and corrupted by necrotic energies.
>The Necromancer's lust for conquest turns his eyes and armies to the forbidden lands beyond.
>But as the Necromancer leads an expedition into the unknown, he's suddenly confronted by a strange sight.
>A Draco-Lich and not one of his own.
>He raises a hand to command the beast, like he had with so many others, but is only confronted with a mighty voice.
>"WHO DARES DEFY THE COUNCIL'S WILL?"

As it turns out, the world has already been conquered. A council of Liches, each with a unique mark upon their pearly skulls, has decided, rather than war against eachother, and ruin the supply of corpses they have grown accustomed to, would divide the world in "Gardens." A place where life can grow and die at a natural pace, without interference from necrotic energies. Of course new necromacers spring up from time, which is why each Garden is seperated from eachother. They offer the young Necromancer the gift of Lichdom, a seat on the council, and to replant the Garden he destroyed.

Two thousand years later, a child is born under a certain star...

>I have no idea where this is from
Dominions, and yes, they are offshoot of local Rome. Literally too lazy to learn from its mistakes too: after doing a big necromantic ritual they both became realms of undead. Ermor did the ritual to defeat Scelerians in civil war, Scelerains did it to summon more undead laborers from Underworld.

HELL YES
(will senses of smell, touch, etc. and emotions come for free or will dead guys have to buy those?)

Run a campaign with the party as a group of soldiers from the next kingdom only to clean up their past character's mess.

>one century later, the Undying Kingdom of Necropolis collapsed in a withering fit of boredom. There were no survivors, and future archaeologists would come to describe Necropolitan culture as "really fucking boring, but with some fascinating cookbooks".

But it's not righteous fury its someone being a massive cunt, even if he's not wrong, he's a cunt.

you wanna talk about about a champion of the dark gods?

that man makes abbadon look like a a schola kid that accidentally said a wrong word in his morning prayer

Nechronica begins.

The fuck are you on about?
Using "they" when referring to someone of unknown or unspecified gender is basic and proper English.

Boy howdy are you projecting hardcore man. You're going all thought police on someone for not talking the way you want them to. Has it ever occurred to you that most normal people or even those among us to frequent Veeky Forums don't see everything through your weird conspiracy goggles?

I'm sorry you're so broke brained. Tumblr is probably a better place for you.

>Rathma/10
This pleases Trag'ul.
Carry on, priest.

Gotta wake up at 6 AM on Monday, go to my necrojob and get yelled at by zombie boss. Contemplate suicide, realize that you're undead and it's impossible, go home and pay your skeleton taxes with golden skulls.

The setting is already ruled by monsters on a might-makes-right basis and they mostly get by on their inherent strength, so unless it's a lich this necromancer is probably one of the PCs and winning means they've managed to ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER and win the GLORIOUS HFY REVOLUTION.
So they're probably animating some undead stewards to handle administration while the party ventures out of the firmament to punch the forces of Law and Chaos in the dick.

>hypersensitive
Come on m8, you're being pretty hypersensitive yourself. Clearly the problem isn't how sensitive user is being, the problem is that user isn't being enough of a dick and that offends your delicate sensibilities.

Being a cunt also does not make you wrong, user.
And the other guy was being a mega-autist, so frustration is understandable I believe.

>The fuck are you on about?
Read the thread.
> basic and proper English.
That was not the point, read the thread.
>b-b-but
No, read the thread.
>okay, but
Keep on reading user.
>but they is-
Yes, but it doesn't matter, read more.
>Well, but I don't see-
user, the thread.
>Okay, okay, still though why would-
Read
The
Thread

How on earth no-one hasn't posted that pretentious copypasta where some necromancer talks about how they are really goody two-shoes who just want to create utopian society but de ebil kings and priests won't let them I don't have it