Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1659: You Thought This Was Jumpchain? Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Discord
discord.gg/wDQVYng

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13644823
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

strawpoll.me/13644823

Fuggit. Getting some thoughts.

Aaand I just realized I forgot to change 'yes and no' to actual fucking answers.

god damn I am out of it today.

Eh. I get the gist of it.

I, uh, does no mean leave it be or change it?

Yes is supposed to be "change it," no is "leave it."

>2 people actually voted the third thing

What has become of this thread?

Umm I don't think you can just shove crafting skills into an exaltation. Let alone make it so the persons body becomes a mega dworf.

It's really no more bitter than when I got here, around thread 90 or so. And I'm told that's better than what it was before.

The better question is why it's even on there in the first place.

People here can be hateful over the tiniest, most petty thing. Look at Red's hate-stalker.

Just get used to it if you plan on sticking around. All you can do, really.

I voted for worgen race, but strawpoll is too easy to manipulate so good luck with that.

Voted for making it a modifier.

The Titan-Forged Demonic Undead Dragon-Kin meme build shall grow even stronger.

Her last post was nearly a month ago. Anyone know where she went?

Okay, so you've found your waifu.

Now how do you get her to fall for you?
Reminder that using perks is cheating, and probably rape.

I mean exaltations can gice a person fish parts, make them shapeshifters, make them robots etc.

I want my exaltations when I finally get around to cracking how to make them to make those I exalt into megadorfs. Megaforfs who can make all manner of bullshit artifacts and creations that can make or break empires. Just dump all my chains worth of crafting in there, make the different casts based on how they make stuff.

Like one cast is all about making stuff out of magic, one science/tech, one smithing etc.

When your every post triggers a salt-explosion of raw, undiluted butthurt, you learn to take two steps back. She's been posting user unless I've been deceived.

Using perks to make people fall in love with you, sure.

Nothing says you can't use perks to make yourself the kind of person they would want to fall in love with.

Okay guys. I know I'm working on Divinity (sort of), but I got my hands on Crypt of the Necrodancer Amplified and it just reminded me how much of a trash mammal my Jump Document of it is. Like, holy crap, I know it was my first Jump but how the hell did I mess this up so badly?

ANYWAYS! I have ideas on how to fix the Origins, but I want to see what you all think.

Option A:
+ Do away with specific backgrounds entirely and allow Jumpers to choose one discounted Perk at each level from a pool of collective Perks? Kind of like what I did in Katawa Shoujo. As a side effect, this would allow everyone to be a Drop-In or not at their choice.

Option B:
+ Have a bunch of different backgrounds (something like 6 or 8) with specific discounted Perk Trees.

In either case, Perks are likely going to be reduced to 100, 200, 400, and the Item section is going to be fucking huge.

I rather think it should remain a race. I think I voted correctly.

>spoiler
Meh, not really.

Why is Rengar doing a cosplay of a Protoss Zealot?

She was designed to love me from the get go, so no perks required.

So "yes" is for racial modifier right? Because that's what I voted for

You fucked it up from the get-go.
You'll get no straight answers out of this.

Just goes to show how the jump's going to end.

I follow the old pattern of "figure out if you work together before deciding if they're the one for you." Which I know seems odd for this place, but I want a great relationship, not just a great partner.

>trash mammal
It more bothers me that you would use this term to describe a jump. It's like the one of those people who hears a word that fits in a specific situation and then sounds silly when they try to apply it elsewhere.

I mean I think the actual skills aren't available, but most of the Exalts' basic Craft Charms are, broadly speaking, gameplay abstractions for "you are supernaturally good at making things". I think it's reasonable a more specifically Crafting based Exaltation have successor Charms that are better at making specific things, like how Theion's first craft Charm is making things used to worship him with.

Option A, my dude.

>strawpoll.me/13644823
I think you might get better insight if you used your account to post this on SB.

Even if you discount 'phenomenal cosmic power', being stunningly attractive and filthy rich probably helps in most cases.
That said, most Jumpers waifu one or more Companions, which makes the task easier; even if your relationship isn't romantic at first, you have all the time in the worlds...

So BC is dead.

The shitposter has a phone.

Yes.

Congratulations, asshole. You won. Fuck you and everything you stand for.

What is your greatest technological or magical creation and what does it do?

Incorrect.

Is an exaltation not breaking off chunks of your soul and power and putting it into a soul graft/mod?

I suppose I could drum it down into specific types of making though, weapons charms armor basically rpg gear groupings.

I have no ideas about busting it up more than that though as my ideal for an exaltation is literally all in for creating marvels and relics.

b

First. Be genuinely interested in what she has to say, not just in her rack.

Second, go dating. Not somewhere too fancy, but nice.

Three, fight crime. When she needs your help to stop the crazy guy from getting the reality warping artefact, help.

Four, warp reality. Take the reality warping artefact for yourself and make it so that she's madly in love with you, or similar.

Step four was an accident, and not nearly as bad as it sounds. I only married us, she was allowed to react normally and remember otherwise. Also, I blew it up afterwards.

>make them robots
There are no exaltations that make someone a robot. Alchemical bodies are made, and then the soulgem of an Autochthonian hero is implanted.

As they get more powerful, they get bigger. They call them cities.

Unlikely at best. Remember she outright said she was leaving last year, and actually meant it, but was convinced to come back and start working on it again. Speaking of, the timing on that was amazing. It was...New Year's Eve, I think? Right after Timmy's Christmas Eve Breakdown. He was so proud of having gotten rid of her, too.

>implying SB wants him

Dirge, Record, Brellin, and Ursine all hate his guts. He'd be better off sticking around.

What is this from?

Wait, is it 'unlikely at worst', in this case? Whatever, point is that she's probably going to come back eventually.

In 3E, yes, though your soul can grow back. But in 2E you only need to put some of your power into it, instead of semi-permanently crippling yourself.

But there are Exaltations that can make you a werewolf, so it's not too farfetched.

In your dreams, maybe.

A jumped up version of the ark from halo, only it also has a bullshit amount of magitech in it so that it has physical, digital, magical, and spirit realm overlay alternate worlds attached to it as well as being completely mobile.

All the weapons on that thing are flat out terrifying.

I use it mainly as a library and for shock and aww to stun people.

I may also have given it to marvel loki and made him king of the 10th realm. The realm of Ark.

Oh , sorry I didnt realize thats how it works. That is pretty damn cool actually.

Good to know!

They have to get past my swords which include a yandere first send help

Seven of them, apparently.

Jumper-mass.
Combined form of technocyte biology + NGE Angel physiology + Supreme Commander exponential growth tech (on nano scale), produces energy ex nihilo. Usually set to use that energy to make more of itself, so I have an ever-growing amount of mass to do stuff with.

>"You outmass the solar system..."
"Yup!"
>"....Fatass."
"Hey!"

>That is pretty damn cool actually.
I agree. Know what would be amusing to see, knowing that the cities are Exalts? Watching a city perform a perfect dodge.

Sempai, I've got better things to dream about then some anonymous person on the Internet. Like mad science. Mad science dreams are always fun. It's just that it's plainly obvious that she will most likely return to the thread, given what's happened in the past.

She's working on BC in silence, stalker user.

Seeing as the goal of using that term in that spot /was/ to sound silly, I guess it has succeeded.

One vote for and one vote against. Hmm..

The BC update will cause so much salt from you, it'll be hilarious.

Really, it's a plain example of Stockholm Syndrome.

We can abuse her for fucking years and she'll keep crawling back.

You don't need seven phones. You can simply reset your phone IP by shuffling between being connected to wifi and being connected to your phone service's internet, which never has a static IP.

I can only assume it performed a warp teleport or picked its self up and flew away like balamb garden in ffviii.

Welp. Fucked it up, winging it from here.

Here's my question - is everybody starting out at the shipwreck, or are you giving a location roll?

Because you could do Option A, but do kinda like Rurouni Kenshin does with the perks giving you plot hooks for characters - but instead the perks you choose outline a past history (if you so choose).

Couldn't tell ya, but it still looks awesome if a bit cheesy.

I don't even know what the fuck that looks like anymore.

Inspired Daemon engine that was made for the sole purpose of provoking an enemy to adapt rapidly without murdering them outright.

think of them it as a reaper.
It sows destruction and inspired ideas throughout a plane of existence, allows such conflicts and misery to properly mature, before plucking discoveries and mania like fruit.

Such an engine is made to "automate" R&D for a local region so I may take notes or piggy back of these ideas and mania. Several times such engines have been challenged directly and disabled, unleashing the spirit within to annihilate itself and everything within twenty or so miles.

Are there any perks or items that give me little toys or figurines of enemies that I've defeated?

Hang on, what parts of Exaltation are you specifically looking to imbue people with? If it's anything represented by actual Exalted Charms, you can freely distribute that via the Imbue Amalgam spell (Celestial Circle Sorcery)... including the creation of Amalgams who can themselves cast the Imbue Amalgam spell, if you want to mass-produce Charm-enhanced mooks. Given that, as a Jumper, you have the potential to pick up any Charm in the setting through your various passes through the splats, you should be able to grant just about any Exalted power you like that way. Creating your own personal Exaltation type might seem like a cool idea... but that's a lot of work for something that you could probably do easier.

Tamamo Lilly is a bit weird about this. She's a younger version of Tamamo from just before she went to the Imperial Court. Because of this she views Jumper as an "Emperor" who called her to him. She's very naive and easily trusts anyone she likes. She unconditionally loves Jumper and wants to be his waifu. But at the same time she's deeply afraid of having to go through what her future self did and tries to eliminate anything that might make him abandon her.

She loves Jumper but the real question is how to get her to love anything else except him. Currently she see's everything in terms of might drive her away from her "Emperor".

So when do we get an updated WIP?

The Museum Deed in Elona gets you statues of things you kill. I'd recommend stacking luck perks beforehand, because it says might be with no indication of the drop rate.

Shipwreck? You mean the Crypt? Well, my idea was to start everyone off in the Crypt, but they can go off and explore the world for the rest of the ten years whenever they actually finish beating the Necrodancer.

The only problem with that idea and your plot hooks idea, is that outside of a few scraps gathered from the character scenes, there's not really much known about the outside world except that it's Standard Medieval Fantasy world.

I mean, I could certainly dream up a world populated by rhythm-based dungeons and the foul beasts that lord over them, like the Dance Dance King or The Sinister Count of Samba, but I didn't think people would really care for that.

I vote shipwreck.... but at a location you roll.

Your ship has wrecked you find yourself amongst the debri you look around to find yourself in....

Rol 1d8

Fire Emblem Valentia has something, but it's only one per jump.

oh. Oh I was an idiot and got it mixed up with Divinity.
Man I am fucking OUT of it after work today.

Well, shit. In that instance my vote... still kinda goes to A, if only because like with Bloodborne it wound up working very well for an "area of ambiguous origin."

Gotcha, thanks user. I can't wait to show them off to all my friends and foes!

Neat, I can use that with the Museum Deed for even more trophies! Thanks, user.

TAKE A NAP.

Take a bath.

THEN TAKE A NAP.

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK

t. Thanos

Man, the weak get all the best stuff.

It's okay man. I thought you might be talking about Divinity, but I wasn't sure. After the day I've had I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed either.

I think I will go with option A after all. It was my first idea, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get screamed at for doing something a little unorthodox with a Jump that I had already made in a (mostly) standard format.

As for Divinity though, I've got the location business already done. There is only one location to start. Cyseal. Everybody starts in Cyseal in one fashion or another. Drop-Ins get the shipwreck, Freelance Adventurers arrived by boat just before the siege set in, Sourcerers start out in the woods among the other cultists, and Source Hunters land on the beach in a row boat.

>Creating your own personal Exaltation type might seem like a cool idea... but that's a lot of work for something that you could probably do easier

True, but to my knowledge none of the current exaltations allow me to make people mega dorfs and I really wanted to do that when I go back to creation next time. Makers are big as hell and really good at making relics of awesomeness be it weapons gear or just jewelry. I want to share that love with some worthy peoples in creation who otherwise would not be able to exalt.

Or heck, Fountain of Fathomless Dreams from Lands of Creation which distributes a package of mutations to those that partake of it-and in Exalted, "mutation" is broad enough it could easily cover something that can be summed up as being really good at crafting. As well as a megadorf.

All at the low, low price of being addicted to the magical mutative fountain you just wished out of nowhere.

Anyway, Infernals ought to be able to look like Megadorfs. It's just that the Malfeas Charm in question, Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai, is /intended/ to make you look like a scorpion-lion-crocodile that is also full of bees.

Or heck, Cecelyne's wish Charms can give them the skill and stature with enough upgrades if they pray for it.

Jump into a version of reality where you're already fated to be together.

>make you look like a scorpion-lion-crocodile that is also full of bees.

Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

>Or heck, Cecelyne's wish Charms can give them the skill and stature with enough upgrades if they pray for it.

And that door is closed since I did not take anything from her paths in infernals.

Though I could probably fake it with deviltiger stuff.

Actually, forget that: In the First Age the Solars made albino slaves, people that could colonise the air, bottles that could hold Ishvaras and other whacky stuff.

With enough Craft: Genesis and maybe access to a Factory-Cathedral you can retrofit, you could probably build a magical bioengineering mass production line to turn people into not-Makers. It'll be a grand undertaking by Exalt standards, but weirder things have happened.

Sounds like user wants his dorfs to be able to craft worthwhile things in a reasonable time frame, instead of being limited to building 3 dot artifacts at mortal speeds.

Cecelyne's charms are open by default. Any Infernal can buy them.

>And that door is closed since I did not take anything from her paths in infernals.
I think you misunderstand how it works. Cecylene already unlocked her charms for Infernals, the ability to learn them is innate to you now and won't go away post-jump.

Well. I did not know that.

Off the top of my head... get Raksha charms. Literally anyone in Creation can do this, even mortals... provided that you can convince a Raksha to Forge your Graces for you, and can somehow ensure that they won't dick you over about possession of said Graces after the fact. Once that's done, you can learn Raksha charms... which are actually super-good at making things and changing people. Then you can learn the charms that let you forge graces, and distribute that just as far as you like... or just be a dick and trick people into letting you Forge their Graces so you can keep them as raw materials for making powerful artifacts. (Bear in mind that 99.9% of the Raksha you meet who offer to Forge your Graces want to do this very thing; make sure they do not, since you really don't want a random asshole Raksha walking off with one of your Virtues.)

Do you Jumpanons tend to kill magical wildlife or are you more of a friendly type to all living things?

Infernals have Malfeas, Cecelyne, She Who Lives In Her Name, Adorjan, the Ebon Dragon, and Kimbery Charms open by default. It's the other Yozi you have to convince to open their charmsets.

Yeah, the Yozi whose charms you get access to for free are Malfeas, Cecylene, She Who Lives In Her Name, Adorjan, The Ebon Dragon, and Kimbery. It's the others that you need to unlock.

How do they taste?

True, but I still maintain the Dorf Factotry idea could let him do that with enough skill/oomph. If the Exalts could make engines that forge reality out of chaos, I don't see adding some extra bits as much of a leap.

Problem: I was reasonably sure all Raksha-related crafting charms forge temporary, flimsy things held together by chaos and literal wishful thinking?

MEATY

What do you think would happen if I picked the Yozi as my Pantheon in Percy Jackson and took Divine Child and Glory to... ?

Neat.

I am connected to nature, been a druid or nature spirit/deity multiple times, but I've never gone the hippie direction, and here's why.

Animals kill each other all the time. Not even just for sustenance, they do it for fun. Animals like cats or dolphins, they enjoy murder. They get a thrill out of not only the noble hunt, but the suffering of their prey. Now, I don't go that far myself, usually, but this highlights the hypocrisy of those nature-aligned who reject violence, or who go even further and reject eating meat. Their own biology is evolved to eat the flesh of other beings, yet they think it's unnatural to do so? What kind of Disnified nature are they representative of? So to answer your question directly, yes, I kill magical wildlife. Not for no reason, I'm no cat or dolphin, but if I have a need for food or resources, or they're in my way, or if they're hostile to those I protect, I don't make any qualms about killing them.

You'd probably get a weaker, but free, version of their excellency and a few of their more iconic powers, like telekinesis for SHLIHN or wish granting for Cecelyne.

You'd be a Yozi's kid. It's Percy Jackson rules, so you'd have a divine powerset based on your parent's portfolio, instead of being a Something Circle Demon or a Linthalike. Charms as a magical system for the Yozi and their Hierarchy would probably get replaced by more mundane divine powers, as well.

Watch out for Sol Invictus' kids.

You'd be a behemoth, much like Adorjan's daughters with her Solar lover Marus. You wouldn't have your Yozi parent's powers, but ones related to their themes. And remember that Percy Jackson imports lower the power level to be even with the rest of the setting.

>Watch out for Sol Invictus' kids.
Isn't Sol basically the same as Lugh? Super perfect Sun God?

I voted no although I didn't really understand the question lol.