Stealing from the game store

>When you find out someone you know has been stealing from the game store.

>stealing from the game store.

I'd like to stay a innocent lad and believe no one would do such a thing.

I stole stuff from GW stores. Very easy to do.

Fucking why!?

>GW robs you
>no one bats an eye
>you rob GW
>"wow wtf y would u do that!"
Still stupid though, and this is coming from a guy who probably committed grand larceny at a dollar store.
"The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood" Officer, I swear.

I mean more for local guys. I understanding hating GW, but not at the possibility of hurting people who just wan't to run a game store.

Not getting arrested for attempted murder and creation of a incendiary device. Fucking pussy.

Please elaborate on your dollar store story.

>no one bats an eye
because a retail store isn't the one to blame for a dumb person's lack of self control

>Not getting arrested for attempted murder and creation of a incendiary device.
I've been taken into custody for attempted suicide - does that count? I'm not much of a fire guy.
>Fucking pussy.
If I was I probably wouldn't be on Veeky Forums.
Nah, I totally would be. I won't lie to y'all.

>be faggot ass kid
>store was on the way home
>stop by every day
It's not a very complicated story. Did this shit the entire time I was in High School with a group of friends and never got in trouble. I did get busted once but they just told me to put the "one thing I had back" and told me not to do it again.
I waited a month before starting up again and never had any more trouble.
I bet it was my fucking asshole "friend" that busted us. It was the first time we'd brought him along and, looking back, he was a real fucking white knight sissy boi. I bet he wimped out and ratted us out to "ease his conscience".

It's against the law to steal, it's not against the law to be a retard.

I've stolen from a Games Workshop.

I accidentally took a codex I was borrowing because I forgot mine, and brought it back the next week after calling the store to explain the situation.

Good on you user. I may not like GW but I just can't be mad at the shop owners, for every time one closes it feels like a funeral.

There's nothing in a GW store worth jail time, even after the markups.

I sometimes steal a basic land or two

>Stealing from a dollar store

What was it like growing up in the lower caste?

Pretty fuck good. Too much beef jerky to handle, but there's worse things in life I guess.

Feel this. Lucky to live in an area with good LGS, I would never do them wrong and I've many times just bought shit to support them. The local GW store sucked and the moment I walked in the guy followed me around asking me what I modeled with and making fun of my answers just trying to sell me marked up shit. I ended up just putting paints and characters in my pockets right in front of the dude I guess he was too shook to say something? Anyways they closed and the local mom and pop LGS is better off without their competition anyway.

>mfw when my looted wagon carries my looted warboss

Like I said, it's easy to do. If they don't want me stealing stuff, they should make it more difficult to do. I could not give less of a fuck about the ethics of stealing from a multi-million dollar company.

I wouldn't steal from the LGS, but I just don't ever get anything from there at all.

Oh god, I hardly ever put my lands back into the big box of drafting lands. I'm a monster.

So easy. I even made him unlock the paint case for me and just started taking shit.
>Shouldn'ta laughed at my Zap A Gap homie
The rest of the times I would just grab those metal blister packs for HQs and such. I woulda felt bad if it was the city GW tho they were always cool during tournaments. Glad I didnt jack them.

Exactly as you would expect. Sleight of Hand is 30+
All my vehicles are Revell and they're painted crisp AF

>When you realize you had been getting robbed by gamestores all these years when you are tricked into buying thin pieces of cardboard for stupid amounts of money time and time again.

>Shouldn'ta laughed at my Zap A Gap homie
Fuck you I'm in the middle of a crowded airport and lol'd. But yeah I'm pretty sure they noticed I was jacking shit, I was getting away with boxes like Kabalites and Dark Elf warrior things with the C'thulu banner on the sprue. My personal favorite score is one of those collectible Imperial Space Marines from earlier this year.

>in this thread, dwellers of Veeky Forums learn that there are people around that have lower morals than said dwellers, somehow

You sick fuck

Oh damn haha you're still at large then, I wish you luck padna

>those guys who try to steal 300 euro worth of boxes from an awesome GW store (comunal paints, menager, employees and clients going to eat togheder at nearby taverns togheder etc)
>that guy who got all his imperial guard army stolen and sold by a "friend" who came over for dinner, and filled his bag with 2k worth of points and a few rhinos and land raiders from the guy's mom collection, and when busted a few days after he just admit he sold almost everything and that he's untouchable for some autistic reason like "you cant call the police for such a menial thing" and the fucking guy actually doesnt do it
>that guy who tried to steal a whole world eaters army at a 30k tournament because he was going off continent in a few days

good, fuck selesnya

All GW employess need to suffer
It's them or us, user

ITT: user learns that black people play 40k too.

Started stealing when the owner of a LGS outed himself as a total cunt.
Stealing an mtg pack, finding a fetchland in it and selling it back to him is one of my fondest memories.

I'll never steal from the LGS I go to now, they're bros.

>It is alright to steal if they have wronged you

But I am Black.

Jesus, I wasn't even thinking of stealing from other players, now that's just cruel.

Never said I was justified. And they never wronged me personally, just a ton of other players and destroyed/drove away two game communities.

>he just admit he sold almost everything and that he's untouchable for some autistic reason like "you cant call the police for such a menial thing" and the fucking guy actually doesnt do it

>tfw he does call the police
>tfw dude he sold the army to backs the charge, pissed off at having been lied to and sold stolen shit
>tfw the army's worth exceeds petty theft

Nah fuck off. Most of the guys stealing from the game store or other players are obese neckbeards who need the rest of their allowance to buy tendies.

I assumed shitty behavior, card theft, model theft, book theft, and general hazing rituals more complex than just being beat up in a shower occurred at gamestores. So to me about 1/3 of all gamestore regulars are just terrible people overall and WILL shit where they eat.

I stole an old 40k basing kit, but not all at once. it was one of those packages that was mysteriously open, so I nicked some of the resin bits. came back the next month, took some more.
repeat until the whole thing was empty

For a second I thought I recognize that vandalized classroom table, but actually I don't.

>If they don't want me stealing stuff, they should make it more difficult to do.
For a big company it's less hassle to write off stolen stock (that's most likely insured anyway) than to risk shopkeep getting into fisticuffs with the thief either getting injured and subsequent legal ramification.

I'm hauling laptops starting at 1k a piece and I'm contractually obliged to hand them over without resistance if mugged.

>Mfw stole 2000 pounds worth of warhammer gear from a Games Workshop in one afternoon with my friends when we were teenagers
>Mfw got away with it

>This thread
So this is how they recruit.

so you're scum then? congratulations.

I'm phone posting so bear with me
>Live in Los Angeles. Get accepted to a small college about 25 miles from my apartment
>There is a GW store right down the street from the place next door to an In n Out burger
>Love reading about 40k maybe this is a chance to get into it. Guy working there is super nice and steers me toward asking everyone who plays there what kind of guys I might enjoy.
>EVERYONE plays Ultras except for like 2 guys running IG and a nid player.
>Guy who works there suggests CSM. I like the idea and he starts explaining what the "meta" is for CSM.
>I tell him I'm more into buying shit I like the idea/design or lore stuff I think is cool.
>I walk out with some rubics, zerkers, oblits, plauges and some noise Marines.
>He shows me how to pin and paint. Recommend a HQ so ordered KHARN and MORE THEN A LAND RAIDER doom bolt sprayer
>He had to order them in and when they got there I didn't have my wallet with me (I'm an alcoholic I forget shit)
>He lets me take them home so I can start putting them together.
>Get booted from school the next week
>Never planned on going back

Happy end
>Get sober and in AA
>Making dem amends and realize I never paid for them minis
>Go back and the same guy is there. I tell him I never payed for the minis and he remembers me and the minis but not the failure to pay
>Turns out he's in AA and well
>I offered to buy the guy some in and out and we went and had a nice lunch

He refused to take my money at the store and said the lunch made us even

That was a roller coaster of emotions. I'm glad you're not a piece of shit anymore.

Nothing wrong with recasts

>Hu-HA my mother will gladly pay 10,000% markup on a $1 plastic sprue, for I am a paragon of light and the written law is the purest measure of one's character

t. cuckold

+5 Paragon
War Asset added: Returned Codex

>I bet it was my fucking asshole "friend" that busted us. It was the first time we'd brought him along and, looking back, he was a real fucking white knight sissy boi. I bet he wimped out and ratted us out to "ease his conscience"

I like how your the piece of shit in this story, but to make yourself feel better you blame others.

according to a new lawsuit, the 30 dollar 30 year space marine cost 3 cents to make. So markup is actually 50,000%

Good for you user! Big up.

>calls him a piece of shit
>implies snitches are better than thieves

I dont care what autistic fedora-knight code of morals you imagine you subscribe to, you don't snitch on a friend, ever. That violates some very core/primal ideas of tribe and community (yes, much more than theft) and thankfully alot of people dont let that fly in the real world.

I robbed a store of a ton of shit back in the 90s when the shithead who ran the place behind the front of the girlfriend started beating her up when she wanted out of the relationship.

I also snitched out a friend, when he was stalking his ex-girlfriend so I could chummy up to her and get laid.

The desk is from Koe no Katachi (Silent Voice).

3 cents in materials maybe, but UK labor isn't cheap, and the molds themselves cost a fortune.

I bet you're the kind of person that says 'snitches get stitches' when you do something wrong.

Yeah, how dare the new guy have a conscience, what a faggot amirite?

Thought about it a few times, took some stuff, but felt really guilty and put it back the next week. I'm trying to figure out if I should leave an envelope with money for the store owner or something because I want to make things right but not get banned. I'm working on being a better person and want to prove to myself that I can change.

We made it clear what we were going to do before inviting him. He still choose not only to go with us but to help despite knowing our intentions. We never forced him and we even told him that he didn't have to take anything or even go inside if he didn't feel comfortable with the whole thing.
If he wants to be a snitch after all that then yeah, I'm going to call him mean names on the Cambodian tree pruning forum.

Being the one Lawful Good character in a party of Chaotic Evils is just as bad as being the one Chaotic Evil in a party of Lawful Goods. If he didn't want to play in our game, he shouldn't of chosen to sit down at our table after we told him about our campaign and party.

>inb4 y-you peer pressured him into it!
Naw, fuck right off. That shit's for asses more faggot than ours. We gave him every chance to say no and he said yes every time.

I bet you were the kind of kid who ratted out everyone else in your group whenever you all fucked up just for a slice of that sweet snitch immunity. You're no more innocent than anyone else but when you see an opportunity to save your own ass you suddenly "grow a conscience" and act the saint, whatever the cost to your "friends".

There's a reason no one likes snitches, user. Each one, without fail, is only out to save their own skin, not to "ease their conscience" or whatever bullshit they'll come up with after the fact.

>No one likes snitches
Most people aren't degenerate thieves who deserve to be punished. most of us have no problem with "snitches" because we're good people who want constructive communities. We don't want thieves among us because we value our community above our own selfish desires.

Do you why they say "There's no honour among thieves"? Because any one who had any honour would not be a thief. You're all corrupt, degenerate people who have decided they're entitled to take from other people, so taking from another thief is in their nature. You just want to blame the person who pointed out your crime because you cannot accept you are responsible for your criminal actions. You're avoiding responsibility and acting like a child.

Do the world a favour and steal a rope. Use it as a necklace and jump off a chair. You're scum and deserve to hang for it.

>this is what lawfags actually believe
YHWH please leave. Absolute morality enforced purely through fear of punishment and retribution is just as "just" as a fascist's pistol pressed up against one's head.

Actions should have consequences, yes, but the freedom to commit a crime should never be infringed as the definition of crime and morality will invariably differ, by some degree, from person to person; what may be perfectly moral to one man may not be so to another. Our current society functions only by taking into account this subjective nature of morality and the freedom that comes along with it.
Any community that restricts such freedoms and enforces a singular morale code is not a "constructive community", it's a tyrannic one that seeks to reduce humanity to machinery - full stop.

>You just want to blame the person who pointed out your crime because you cannot accept you are responsible for your criminal actions.
Aside from non-premeditated crimes, most crime is simply calculated risk-taking. Most people who accept the odds for a net-positive result of a crime assume responsibility for fucking up when they decide to go through with said crime. Accepting the fact you could come out behind on any gamble is part of placing your bets, user.
>You're avoiding responsibility and acting like a child.
I've already accepted my punishment as any responsible criminal would. Y'know what? Even after I was caught, I still feel like I came out ahead. $500 worth of free merchandise all for a "stern" 30 second talking to? Yeah, I REALLY fucked up. If only I'd of been more moral.

>Do the world a favour and steal a rope.
>favour
Ah, the Queen's English is it? Well, if you're British that would explain a whole lot about views on morality. I'd tell you to slit your wrists but then Big Brother Elizabeth probably already had you bin your knife a long time ago. Better safe than sorry! After all, safety should always be more important than one's freedom, eh my ol' chap?

You're still just trying to justify being a fucking thief. You'd be salty as fuck if someone stole your shit, and you're still blatantly
>It's ok when I do it
That's a pretty childish way of seeing the world.
>herpaderpadoo morality is a facists gun to your head
Ok mr melodramatic douchebag

Ontop of factory costs, packaging, and shipping. Oh and storage.

>You're still just trying to justify being a fucking thief.
What's wrong with being a thief? You still haven't told me anything other than "a bloo bloo I don't like 'em cuz they're bad!" Maybe you should justify your morality instead?
>You'd be salty as fuck if someone stole your shit
You seem more salty than me, bub. Plus, I've had people steal my shit, and while it sucks, that's just the price to pay to for freedom. It wouldn't be truly free if everyone wasn't on level ground when it came to their freedoms and that's the whole point; you're just as free to snitch on me for committing a crime as I am to commit a crime, have a crime committed on/to me, or call you a snitch faggot for ratting me out.
>and you're still blatantly [salty]
Even if I was, I know life should have ups and downs - it wouldn't be enjoyable otherwise. A constant high is just as bad as a constant low, m80.

>>It's ok when I do it
>That's a pretty childish way of seeing the world.
Never said that first bit, but I guess that's just an example of you know being able to comprehend another's views. And you plan to live in a perfect lawful society where everyone agrees on everything and thus the question of morality never arises... how? How do you plan to do that if you can't even understand one person's viewpoints?
Do you just plan on "doing away" with everyone whose views you don't agree with? How moral of you, user. I'm shocked!

The view's your espousing are entirely unrealistic and yet you still have the gall to call me childish? I'd call it ironic if I didn't find it so horribly sad.

>>herpaderpadoo morality is a facists gun to your head
>Ok mr melodramatic douchebag
Don't you have some boots to lick, guv'nah? They should be kicking in your door any second since you've assuredly committed at least one crime in your life by SOMEBODY'S definition. Oh well, I'm sure that "constructive community" you've constructed in your dreams can wait till after you talk to the ol' bobbies.

Nigga if you'd care about thieves so much gimme your credit card number, or at least send me some money

I could really use it for my kids

I legit had someone in the store I work at tell me he didn't find it bad to steal GW products from a any store that carries them because he felt he was hurting GW.

I had to explain to him that the store has to pay to get that item in in the first place, and if the store wants it to be replaced, they have to pay for it again. What's more, most people who walk into my store are stupid faggots who when asked "Are you looking for anything today?", they'll answer "I'm just browsing, thanks." when they clearly know exactly what they're looking for, and when they don't find what they're looking for, they won't even mention it. That means that until inventory happens, this missing item will go unnoticed for a while or until there's some reason to look for it. That means less sales for the store as well.

TL;DR don't be a fucking faggot and steal shit because you have some absolutely retarded resentment against a brand.

Sorry m8, even thieves gotta work to put bread on the table. No freebies in life I'm sorry to say.

Not him, but I have to say that snitches are the absolute worst. This little rat-fuck would try to get me in trouble at every chance he could get. Mind you, I never did anything that was outside of the rules. The closest thing was hoarding spoons from the mess hall and from rations. yes, I like spoons. Shut up.

Anyways, due to circumstances, we were all rounded up into a mod tent and not allowed to speak to each other for some goddamned reason. He pushed me over into a box of rations and passed it off as an accident. I managed to get someone's attention without speaking great guy. He was making a home brew d&d campaign when he was in garrison, bless his heart. rat fink gives me a weird look and asks me "how did you get back up?" So I know that his shit was intentional. Everyone got told to shut up, I beat him with a spoon and we all go home.

TL;DR snitches are fucking awful people.

The spoon beating happens later, when no one was really watching. I was playing with my spoons, he tries to take it from me, thinking he'll show off his pro disarming skills or something and gets hit with a spoon for his trouble.

Friend of mine used to steal magic boosters from the flgs. He got caught and they banned him. We had a long talk afterwards about why stealing is wrong and how it hurts booths stores and consumers. He stopped stealing after that. Store still didn't let him back in.
Years later, I started playing 40k. Friend's brother starts playing as well. Friend sees our armies and wants to play too. He can't due to there only being one game store in the area. Friend gives his brother some money and asks him to buy well over a two thousand dollars worth of necrons for him. Keep in mind, this was early 2000's.
Owner asks for friend to drop by the store so they can talk. friend gives an apology. Given that he just dropped a load on a 40k army, the owner considers everything to be square and calls it good.

We play there for a couple months and then friend looses interest. He hasnt been back to the store in over ten years.

Not much of a story, but that's all I have.

Owner seems decent. Good to see that he was able to be a reasonable person when your friend changed his ways. I imagine greasing the wheels didn't hurt, but still.

You're either a nigger or an anarchist.The fact that you believe laws are equivalent to fascist coercion leads me to believe that it's the latter.
You are subhuman scum and it's a shame that you fault your actually civilized friend for your own failure as a human, and that you think that niggerish tribalism is greater than lawful standards.
You know what's what, user? Good people hold their friends to higher standards, because they want their friends to be good people too.

>Actions should have consequences, yes, but the freedom to commit a crime should never be infringed as the definition of crime and morality will invariably differ, by some degree, from person to person; what may be perfectly moral to one man may not be so to another. Our current society functions only by taking into account this subjective nature of morality and the freedom that comes along with it.
>Any community that restricts such freedoms and enforces a singular morale code is not a "constructive community", it's a tyrannic one that seeks to reduce humanity to machinery - full stop.
>"I should be allowed to shoplift because that's how I LIVE, maaan"

No, the law is the law is the law; freedom is not absolute, nor should it be. You have the freedom to act lawfully, and not to ignore it at your impulsive when because you're some special snowflake cunt.

I'm just posting here for the people who are incredulous about the plastic mens stealing.

I've been to Goodwills, Salvation Armies, and VA Resale stores that have problems with theft.

Lemme just repeat that: people steal from donation stores set up to help the poor.

This; if you're going to be a thief, at least be a marginally honorable one.

At least poor people stealing necessities have limited justification in that they need clothes and stuff to not be freezing their ass off naked.
People who steal literal luxuries from plastic crack dealers deserve whatever mockery they get, because they're stealing for the sake of an expensive, unnecessary hobby.
I mean, a thief can steal a suit to get a job at a firm and then try to make up for it by donating the difference to charity, but what the hell are you going to accomplish by putting a Spess Mahrine in your jacket pocket? 40K Children's Charity?
>Let's make sure the far future of children on Terra is not a grimdark one!
Oh, and whoever steals from Goodwill for teenage-tier kicks, I hope you get run over by a bus.

Snitches are better than thieves, dumbass

The problem is that people have a hard time accepting is that engaging a hobby is a privilege not a right.

I used to work at a thrift store, and I honestly wouldn't mind thieves if they wouldn't all make a goddamned fucking mess in the store.

>actually supporting fucking snitches
Thieves are pieces of shit but nothing is worse than betrayal. I really feel like you people haven't had much in the way of deep bonds of loyalty.

I think the punishment for theft should not be fine or a jailtime.

Instead, it should be being logged in a database of people it's fair game for anyone to steal from with no legal repercussions.

Enjoy trying to protect your property, buddy.

Man there is nothing more annoying than slightly above average iq assholes, smart enough to come up with stupid thoughts and that's fucking it

What a depressing thread.

Knowledge of a friend committing a crime forces you to betray them or society at large, so snitching can be perfectly justified if you aren't terribly close and you consider yourself a part of the society more than an ally of your criminal friend.

Violating property rights is in fact the second worst thing a human being can do to another barring violence, so breaking ties with such subhumans and reporting to them to authorities isn't a bad thing at all unless they are family or a very long time friend I'm which case yo ushould do your best to correct thier behavior

>Violating property rights is in fact the second worst thing a human being can do to another barring violence

Shunning? Public humiliation? Cuckolding? Deprival of other core rights? Destruction of status? Deprivation of basic needs?

Loss of non-essential property doesn't even impact the lower two tiers of Maslow's Pyramid. Git gud.

>Order 2 new starterboxes and all the indexes from FLGS
>Can collect on thursday if i dont tell anybody, but not allowed to pay for it until Saturday (official release day)
>Friday i haul the last of my stuff to my new home in the other end of country.

I will never set my foot again in that town anyway.

There is no point in stealing from Games Workshop. Its the only place you can play warhammer, hang out, paint your mini's and do all the fun stuff you do there.

No store, no place to hang out and play games. Your not paying for the plastic, you're paying for the staff and space.

When you exploit goodwill, you fundamentally erode the part of our culture that allows for good will. You create mistrust and disdain for the very idea of faith in our fellow man.

It probably won't hurt you personally, but it's ethically an evil thing to do that almost inevitably has serious lasting consequences - just not for you.

about the only thing you could do with a truckfull of warhammer stuff is set up a store that sells warhammer merchandise. Which would be fucking pointless, cause then you'd get caught.

Even showing up at a Warhammer Store or Gaming convention with tons of warhammer stuff would get you busted.

Its literally the most useless thing in the world to steal, cause you can't sell it or play with it without getting busted.

There is not a whole lot of goodwill in GW's marketing department.

>Violating property rights is in fact the second worst thing a human being can do to another barring violence

Not even fucking close

>Can collect on thursday

What kind of fucking DUMBASS steals gaming merchandise? Is this really the kind of fucking person we want hanging around in our stores? I mean, forget for a second that its just a shitty thing to do, and focus on what its going to be like having this person around you, day in and day out, taking up table space and causing trouble in every game hes in.

Yeah, before the pre-release. i thought he still had to pay for it.

He's allowed to pick it up (thursday) before he pays for it (saturday).
This constitutes an act of goodwill; otherwise he would've been forced to wait until release day (saturday) to pick it up.

He's moving away on Friday, and will never set foot in the town again anyway.

Ergo, he can simply drive off with the shit without paying. Doing so would be a violation of said act of good will, making that/those employees more distrustful and less likely to do something like that in the future.

What part of this is difficult for you to understand?

Most of those are either fine (shunning, no one is obligated to deal with you, at worst it's uncivil when done as a way of bullying rather than simple aversion) or fall under contract violation (cheating, most cases of public humiliation, ect) which is thing number 3.

All bad things fall under unjustified violence > property violation > contract violation > being a cunt

Maslow's pyramid is not only a meme but also irrelevant to morality in the first place, as immorality is not really based fundementally on the harm it does to the victim as that can't be measured or conceived of reliably, it is based on what level of the social contract is being violated. It is obviously possible for a very severe contract violation to be worse than a minor theft but we have to assume that each example we're measuring is of as equal as possible severity inside its own category to really have a conversation comparing infractions like this.

The social contract must start with a prohibition of unjustifiable violence, then an establishment of property, then contracts, then civility. Immorality corresponds to the fundementality of the violated component of the contract as the collapse in trust in one level results in every other level above it collapsing along with it.