Ok, so lets say we live in a Parallel reality where GW DIDN'T kill off the 40KRPG's

Ok, so lets say we live in a Parallel reality where GW DIDN'T kill off the 40KRPG's

What other factions other than the Imperium and Chaos would you of like see a rulebook for?

GW didn't kill off the 40K rpgs, FFG did

ssshhhhhhhh, I need a reason to hate GW.

Maybe a book for all three eldar? I like harlequins a lot.

I really just wanted to play as members of a Dark Eldar cabal with my buddies. Maybe GW will bequeath the license to someone else someday.

Eldar would be cool while orks would be fun.

To be COMPLETELY fair, it's about half and half, since neither party was interested in renewing a contract with their direct competitor, but it was FFG's actions that led to the two becoming competition so...

a book for Orks.

you dont know how much I wanna run a WAAAGH as a Warboss with my Friends, listening to shitty punk and shitty seasanties.

In the 40k RPG general, somebody already made a bunch of homebrew books with new options for orks, dark eldar, harlequins, corsairs, necrons, and even the horus heresy. Next time it's up, you should give them a look. Just try not to mention homebrew in the thread, people get touchy about it.

any reasons why? or just general Veeky Forums autism?

There's a massive skubfight between "nu-canon" which is anything post-Riptide / GW Canon, and "tru-canon" which is anything pre-Riptide / FFG Canon. Each side exists solely to shit on each other, and won't suffer the other to live. The only problem is the guy who mainly does the homebrew follows GW canon and the tabletop as a base, as opposed to people who follow FFG canon and the fluff as a base, so people start fighting. To use an example, he made a book that converted the entire Admech 30k/40k line to Only War. He didn't use the Tech Guard, he used the modern Skitarii vanguards, rangers, etc, which upset a number of people who wanted the tech-guard of the fluff, but validated a bunch of people who liked the newer material. The Gathering Storm is only making things worse, as people fling skub over setting games in the "official" timeline vs the "modern" timeline.

arn't the Skitarii TechGuard tho?

There's augmented imperial guardsmen, the tech-guard, and then there's the snowflake skitarii vanguards and rangers and their op gear

They had full Ork rules in RT.

Tech-Guard are literally just the PDF or regiments raised from Admech or Manufactorium worlds.

Skitarii are the Admechs private personal army.

One serves the broader Imperium. One serves the Admech and ONLY the Admech.

Where the hell is the 40kRPG thread anyway?

I want a Necron dynasty grand politicking game. The other factions would just be obstacles at worst, and tools to leverage against the other players or towards your goals at best. With the wacky, personality-centric nature of the Newcrons a backstabby politics game encouraging players to ham it up seems perfect.

Tends to get pushed into archive by lots of minority interest repeated theme threads, eg currently 2 threads about gladiatorial settings...

There shouldn't. Don't want to play humans? Get the fuck out, edgelord/weeaboo/randumb/faggot/snowflake.

Eldar, in all variants
more Tau and Orks
Newcrons

No, see, he wanted Only War. Except, with Orks.

>There's a massive skubfight between "nu-canon" which is anything post-Riptide / GW Canon, and "tru-canon" which is anything pre-Riptide / FFG Canon. Each side exists solely to shit on each other, and won't suffer the other to live.
Well, that's general Veeky Forums autism. That's not anything specific to 40k RPG general.

>Just try not to mention homebrew in the thread, people get touchy about it.

Really just the one autist being autistic about it.