Which of the original Dawn of War games are worth playing?

Which of the original Dawn of War games are worth playing?

all of 1
all of 2
don't come back to this board until you do

All the dawn of war games, but I recommend that you play 2 with a friend to get a good experience.

First and best

All of them except Soulstorm.

>play inquisition daemonhunt mod
>get to watch inquisition and grey knights gang on BR and their grey knights and RP it as a great tragedy

>play UA
>author removed Grey knights from SM roster

>tfw the warriors of the inquisition are no longer mine to command
>tfw even though a hard heart and a strong mind are the foundations of faith, we wonder why He has forsaken us

Buy the complete collection for both DoW & DoW2 when they go on sale.

All of them really.

1 has some amazing voice work and storytelling

Winter Assault has an awesome ig commander

Dark Crusade has the best campaign

Soulstorm has all the races

DoW2 is a great tactics game
DoW2 Chaos Rising is more and better
DoW 2 expac 3 whose name I forget gives you the most complete last stand mode, and while.its the weakest overall it finally let's you play IG and has great characters.

>Soulstorm has all the races

Doesn't outweigh the problems

What about The Ultimate Apocalypse mod?

The mod is great.

Soulstorm is not.

fpbp

>Not using the Firestorm mod

Eat a dick.

mah nigga, i love the storylines of original, winter assault, and dark crusade the most, plus the unit and race varities of all dawn of war 1's, but i like the gameplay of dawn of war 2 best, i don't really miss base building as i feel it should be left in starcraft, even though 2 did have a warcrafty vibe to it, it was awesome, 3 is utter shit.

Same boat, I enjoyed space marines being surgical operators in DoW2

Feel like they need to strike a balance though, a company is 100 Marines and accompanying support. A smaller scale than most RTS, but not as well as DoW2. Sadly 3 seems to have dropped the ball hard

nigger the inquisition is its own faction, you get all the codex toys for GK

Speaking of which OP, get soulstorm and download UA, you will not be disappointed

Original has best story but you can only play as Marines. WA also has a proper story-driven campaign but lets you play as Imperium, Chaos, Orks, or Eldar Also adds IG for multiplayer. DC adds Tau and Necrons, but single player campaign is mostly basic skirmish matches against AI, with few special missions and more story-driven stronghold assault missions (which are fun). SS is like DC but with exponentially more of those boring skirmish missions (and now you don't get to keep the base you previously built if AI attacks a location you've taken, dragging it even longer), and the game is buggy as hell. They added Dark Eldar and Sisters, but it's not worth it. Just play DC which does the same kind of campaign better and with less bugs.

no, im talking about how the GK unit in vanilla have the best lines and AESTHETIC compared to the inquisitorial GK

So only Dawn of War 3 is rightfully considered by all as dog shit ?

It is a poorly designed game, so yes.

The oversized backflipping Angelos suffice to kill it for me

It completely lacks direction, it was at one point a MOBA and it shows in some ways.
There is no Last Stand when that was pretty popular.
Maybe, maybe Sega will add in some new modes but considering the reception it is doubtful.