Post character concepts that you've always wanted to play but have never been presented with an opportunity to do so

Post character concepts that you've always wanted to play but have never been presented with an opportunity to do so.

>Undead Druid who's covered in moss and mushrooms and a buzzard on their shoulder, who champions the unpleasant parts of nature, like all the disease and decomposition and parasites and infanticide and cannibalism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=70Z2t7nq_sU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A fighter who dual-wields shields.

An elderly man who begins adventuring because his entire family died before him and he just can't stand how painfully quiet a house is when you're the only one left in it.

A warlock with a law degree.

I want to play a character that is a vampire or half-vampire/dhampir that is in complete denial and has an excuse for everything.

Lust for blood
>I just like really rare meat
Can't go out in the sun and is nocturnal
>I burn really easily because I'm from really far north, where it's completely black for several months of the year. Plus, I used to work a night shift, and my internal clock never readjusted.
Doesn't appear in mirrors/photos
>Must be something wrong with the creation process. I must be in a shadow.
Has no shadow
>How can you tell if it's nighttime?

>Superstrong, fast, durable and regenerates
I must be a blessed hero of some sort.

A warlock who was a wizard's apprentice that stole his master's spellbook. The book is intelligent and gives the warlock power because it dislikes the wizard.

A crafty, cunning and underhanded bastard Goblin Gunslinger who is not afraid of throwing sand in the eyes, shooting a man in the back or cheating at cards, but has a heart of gold and will put his life on the line to save his friends when he has to.

I'm always stuck with the goody-two-shoes characters because my whole play group are CE tardbags that couldn't RP to save their lives. Oh well, one day...

Angry Greek Masturbating Druid

>A middle-aged woodcutter who, entirely by accident, became the sole Paladin of a nigh-forgotten harvest goddess after stumbling on her dilapidated temple somewhere in the deepwood where he does his cutting. She's so lacking for worship she'll fade away soon, and offers him the chance to become her champion and gift him with all the powers she can if he'll spread the good word by doing deeds in her name- she's only got enough strength to empower a single Paladin anyway.

His wife and child having died to illness during a harsh winter many years back, and being a naturally quiet man who prefers to live on the edge of civilization, he's got nothing tying him down, and agrees to go along with her plan. Thereafter he travels about, doing good for his newfound Goddess, carrying a small sack of grain from which she periodically manifests to micromanage or order him about. She's more imperious than her stature merits, but being a quiet and dutiful fellow he's none too bothered by her bossiness, and simply sets to doing the job before him as a good man ought.

A hobbyist turned necromancer, whom isn't particularly cruel or evil, just absolutely fascinated and interested in learning everything there is to know about ghosts, zombies, skeletons, ghouls, and other undead.

I really wanna play an over the top edgelord.
Like, as in the illegitimate teenage son of a prince who likes to think he's real badass and dark and foreboding but really he's just a scrawny kid who'll be terrified the whole way through the game

Similar to yours, A Fungus Druid. I want to do something more serious than a Myconid druid though.

A Pyromaniac druid that exclusively shapeshifts into reptiles.

A wizard with a severe gambling addiction.

A Lawful Neutral Mind Flayer Lawyer.

He practices law because it's fun. He's contracted as an executioner to feed, and enjoys the challenge of law and extracting testimony without reading minds.

He in fact is specifically barred from doing this in court, which gets him off, because it means he gets to prove how much smarter he is than everybody else without resorting to cheap trickery.

Basically Mind Flayer Miles Edgeworth.

Then along comes a lawful good Ork that practices the law with his elven mentor

comes to blow mind Flayer edgeworth

PHOENIX WAAAAAAGH ATTORNEY AT LAW

I am doing this sort of thing in a future campaign.

>embarrassing party boy prince of a noble house sent to overseas school because he is annoying everyone
>is a massive dudebro, parties hard
>comes back after his first year to find out there was a coup while he was gone and his family are imprisoned or dead, and he's an enemy of the state.
>decides it's time to live up to FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES as the de facto head of the household, becomes a masked freedom fighter
>is pretty shit at it

The other PCs are the more competent members of his resistance cell, and I'd play him as a party face type.

I had this character idea before I was aware of the plot of FF15, and now it looks super unoriginal...

Nameless Rank and File soldier that is part of the story because of chance and not because of anything about his background, lineage, magical abilities, etc.

A druid who sees himself as the guardian of civilization against the terrifying powers of nature.
Spends most of his time wandering and helping people against plagues and natural disasters.
Thinks the other druids insult nature by acting like it's the one that needs protecting.

>A kobold that adamantly believes he is a red dragon.
First of all I usually DM so rarely do I have an opportunity to be a player. Secondly all my recent games, the character wouldn't fit mechanically into the party composition. Third, the character would possibly force some annoying party dynamics with his mistaken sense of superiority, and I'd rather not tire co-players with that shit, so I refrained from using this character.

I want to play a cute little girl who despite being good at listening to instructions and really sweet isn't particularly useful except for squeezing into tight spaces and can doing basic tasks like gathering firewood.

Maybe she can disarm traps well or has some very basic skillmonkey potential but I don't want it to be easy to justify her being with the party with something like "She can cast spells."

I would kind of like to play a Worm that Walks, a LE dickass mage who got overly cocky with an experiment and ended up decomposing into a swamp after an explosion and rising as the horrifying mass of worms and maggots. Thus begins his path to redemption as his crippling condition becomes a lesson in humility.

Normal shields aren't supposed to get swung around so what's the point?

No no user... you don't use the face of the shield, you use the edge.

The force of a punch with a small surface area and made of wood or metal, could remove someone's teeth or worse with a good blow.

I like this a lot

As an added bonus, give him a backstory about how he was a really really charismatic good looking guy. And now he's a pile of worms.

>im so powerful and mighty
>but i went from 20CHA to 0CHA
>oh woe is me

Just the idea of a pile of worms angsting about his looks in an extremely superficial cheerleader-girl-trope way sounds pretty funny to me.

>When you once requested a picture of exactly that and got two deliveries once upon a time.
As for getting what you want OP, you want levels in Cleric for the Pestilence Domain which literally grants you the same abilities Nurgle followers have in terms of handling disease, Thrall of Zuggtmoy, and Cancer Mage levels presumably.

A great addition is Zombie Fleas made via Fell animate, or the Fleas of Madness from Ravenloft, and as for your undead state you've got the optins of being a Ghoul, getting the Ghastly Template, being half-ghoul taking the Swarmshifter Template, or hive-nest Undead Template to name a few, and there's also the 3.5 web enhancment for a type of diseased contagious undead to play as.

There's mention of an ice Druid lich in Forgotten Realms, and one sect of Druids are literally Tombb Kings in Sandstorm

A barbarian who is also a neurosurgeon.

A kobold bard who was sent as an emissary by a copper dragon, to prank the nearby town's nobility, who knew of the dragon and his antics. After the awkward introductions, it turns out the kobold is actually a pretty entertaining guest to have, who loves good booze and good music and makes the party a blast; he acts like an eccentric, well-learned, refined noble instead of the stereotypical kobold.
The prank goes overboard, as the kobold doesn't know he was actually just a tool for a prank; decides to travel around the land, gather tales while adventuring which he would want to share with other lands' nobility and court at banquets, who doesn't know about the copper dragon's fekking metajoke.

>mfw the group never wants a face, and whines if there's less than 2-3 combat encounters per session, or if they have to actually socialize with NPCs.

-A barbarian who, on a whim, bought a random human skull at some market. The skull turned out to be cursed to scream and bleed from its eyes. The barbarians screams back and they become scream buddies

-Barbarian with int as his highest stat who's source of rage is people being wrong. Convinced he's always right.

-wandering paladin who travels as light as possible and smites evil with any thing in arms reach at the time

-sorcerer who comes from a long line of very powerful and accomplished sorcerers but decides that's too much work so he dons a big fancy hat and does flashy magic for commoners.

-ex whaler who fights things with harpoons. probably ranger, fighter or acombination of the two. He also wishes spears didn't fucking SUCK

A kenku assassin who was raised by a senile old woman so talks like a parrot, has max deception so he comes off as a harmless animal until they hear "say hello pretty bird" in the middle of the night before their throat is ripped out

>Barbarian with int as his highest stat who's source of rage is people being wrong. Convinced he's always right.

Wow, it's me.

I've always wanted to make a barbarian who is not a dirty illiterate beast but a foppish minor nobleman who never learned how to fence properly.

He behaves himself very well until he snaps and starts smashing people up with an ornate chair.

I have literal hundreds of character sketches I've made for Dark Heresy, including homebrew bullshit. I'm never going to play them all, so my plan is that when I GM games I'm going to run them as rival or allied (depending on what the PCs do) acolytes for other Inquisitors and play them like NPCs.

I guess I could provide a couple examples.

Sir Kulem Zariel Ragaa "the Boulder," a Feudal World Mutant Warrior who wears fully-covering feudal plate to try to pass himself off as half-Ogryn or just really fucking big and thinks others have given him the honorific of "the Bolder." Really charismatic if you can't see his face and actually good guy, kind of like Don Quixote except he can kill the shit out of things.

Irvin Arz Draco, or "Fiend." Penal World (Nexum) Telepathica Crusader, plays like one of those flaming psychos in Borderlands. He was just another violent psycho on a planet covered in them until a guard tried to smash his skull in over a couple wisecracks and a stolen lho. The blunt trauma awakened his psychic powers, and after incinerating the guard, he enjoyed a short reign of fire and blood in the wilderness of Nexum until the Black Ships sent a team to rein him in. On Terra, he discovered a new lease on life and a love of reading- though having been a lowlife criminal, he's only just learning to read. He's still happiest when a) on fire, b) covered in blood, and c) swinging a chainaxe.

My PCs are going to face off or ally themselves with a rival gang of Acolytes whose Inquisitor is the former peer of their own master; the two are not on speaking terms. The enemy team includes: an Astropath assassin, a Ratling smuggler, a Famulous Desperado, an Arbites Crusader who splits his time between book learnin' and smashing skulls, and the FNG who is a kid from a Frontier World who, as an Untouchable, only learned other people could give a shit about him when an ex-Guardsman threw himself in between the kid and a pissed-off rogue psyker with a revolver.

>former peer

Meant pupil, whoops.

Seconding this one. I've tried it in a few systems, but it's always (of course) a very, very sub-optimal build.

I can see this getting old after about 5 minutes.

spice and wolf

Cool concept hunty

A researcher who used to develop vaccines but never got anywhere as drug treatments are more profitable. He ended up working for a big pharma company and while working late he discovered some of the bio hazardous materials are being used to make tailored biological weapons.

He gets caught by security and the other researchers arrange an 'accident' to make sure he won't talk. They lock him in the lab and release a bunch of necrotic and mutagenic diseases with the intent of basically making him rot away while alive.

As it turns out some of the engineered mutagens used the same base viruses/microbes as the ones he developed vaccines to, so the vaccines he developed actually keep him alive.

But he still mutates into a hideously deformed creature of superhuman size and strength, busts out of the lab and becomes a dark and brooding superhero who looks like the last boss of a resident evil game.

A Lawful Good Warlock receiving tutoring from the elderly Mr. King, a retired play-write in a fashionable yellow cloak.
>He's taught her so much magic! like how to shoot lasers and speak into peoples minds!
>just wish he'd show up more often, or want to hang out with her friends.
>and that he'd stop asking her run his errands.

A creepy Warlock doctor who serves the raven queen so everybody that knows him makes rumors about him and they are too afraid to talk to him, but he is actually a nice guy once you get to know him, neutral good aligned and really good at his job.

Eyy, baby, ya don't hastur lose hope, I'm sure Mr King just hastur do a few personal things, like.

So fuhgeddaboudit, baby, you just hastur hold tight a bit longer-

Eyyyy Sweet-Cheeks, I heard you where feeling lonely, shoaggoth'ya a pet Pseudodragon! All the kids want one, 'knowwhatimsaying?

Played something similar once.
Kobold dragonfire adept, essentially a tiny dragon, with a ceaseless devotion to the kobold people and a massive superiority complex. Got to show off so many times, since vomiting fire and free flight solves a great amount of problems, and his focus on charisma got the party out of trouble a lot. Party conflict was high, since their value systems were so different, but since the kobold was too useful to kick out, and the party was needed for the kobold to show off, it worked out very well.

Chaotic good tempest domain pirate cleric.
>Born on an island home to a temple to a sea god
>Parents were poor, gave her up to temple when she was a child so she could have a better life
>Terribly bored by the sheltered life she lives within the temple, desperate for freedom and adventure
>Pirates raid the island, come to the temple wanting to take a priest or someone captive because someone who can speak to the sea would be invaluable to them
>Dying to get out of the temple, she willingly joins them
>Ends up becoming one of the most valued members of the crew
>Her prayers to the sea god allow them to find the swiftest currents and avoid the worst storms

What if- bear with me here- what if we made the contact surface even smaller. Like, you know as sharp as a knife. And then imagine, that you would also - and here comes the greatest thing you will hear all day- put it on a semi-long stick so you can swing it around freely. It could be that you have to make the whole shield of metal so that it can withstand repeated impacts

But then how we block things with these elongated sharp shields user-sama?

You know these things called swords? They are like really robust and stuff being made of steel and stuff.
How about - and I'm really just spit balling here- how about we take them and instead of having the handle at the bottom, you hold it on some kind of sling in the middle of the blade to parry attacks. It would certainly be easier to do so if you had a really broad sword. Something like a broadsword. Maybe you could even go so wide as to make the sword so broad that it looks like a flat board.
With these innovative superweapons we're sure to be invincible

>not homebrewing dueling shields then dual wielding them so you can block and stab at the same time, twice

guffawing at thine peasantry

this

bonus points if female

fuck cartoon villain necromancers

I think im getting what your going for user-sama, but im not sold yet. Not completely. What happens if someone shot an arrow at me? How would I use this newfangled broad-sword to block those arrows? they tend to move fast and in groups.

Alternatively, the Addams family-type necromancers can be fun too.
Also, Fran is cute.

And she gets all the smelly unwashed seaman dick she could ever want.

youtube.com/watch?v=70Z2t7nq_sU

A harlequin but on D&D setting, in my head she would be a mix of a Bard and Monk, being part of an old temple of performers, sort of like a Bards College, but with more acrobats and spandex.

That could indeed prove difficult, for an arrow is fast and your arm only slow. So how about we take - this might sound revolutionary- we take these flat broadsword and instead of just strapping them to your arm we could just cover our whole body with flat defense swords. This way, even when you are not able to block every single arrow with your main defense sword they will still no kill you because they will be blocked by your secondary defense swords.
I shall name this concept after the war crimes sure to be heard on the battlefield, this technology finds use on
Archer: Arrrrr! It Didn't kill him!
Our hero in absolute certainty of victory: Hah! Any MORE of that?
Or in short ARRR-MORE

a Monk who only uses kicks and wields bladed or spiked shinguards.

Truly, the perfect defense is a perfect offense. I'll never doubt your wisdom again user-sama. Shall we call the people who craft these wonderful defense swords ARRR-MOREers? or do you have a more majestic name in mind?

A girl whos father was a demon and mother was an angel, they both died in a house fire leaving her on her own. She has a pet raven and two daggers dipped in poison that she picked up in her days as an assassin who also made a living as a thief

>I'm just pale from spending all day in the arena bloodworks, my father was a nobleman

A paladin who uses a pitchfork, a wooden shield and a sickle and belongs to an order devoted to a harvest god who are all similarly armed and themed.

His shtick is protecting villages and homes from anything that plans to encroach, and his god grants him weird powers like the ability to sprout vegetables from ground near-instantly (after tilling) and start fires that burn with the warmth and safety of a hearth.

Just seems really comfy, but I'd need a setting I can add gods to and a system modular enough for me to add weird subtle mostly-useless powers.

>chanting of "GURPS GURPS GURPS" closing in from the distance

that joke is old as dirt

A middle age cleric who sets out to resurrect his incestuous wife and dumb ass son because he still loves them

She's also super boring looking but really fit and attractive enough that no less than 5 guys are life-devotingly interested in her

She's clumsy and SUCH A CLUTZ, but is also a master of 3 different forms of hand-to-hand combat.

Her eyes are two diferent colors. one blue and one white! but also they are just both green when she wants them to be

She's also a vampire, but can go out in the sun.

She's a werewolf too. But I guess not technically a werewolf because she turns into a majestic horse too, and a hawk, and a cat.
Her werewolf scar is on her left breast. So it's not visible but gives her a reason to be OH SO EMBARRASSED WHEN SHE GET INTIMATE

she also invented guns in ancient times, and invented SHOPPING!!!!1!111!

>captain redo
a superhero hero who's sole power is that whenever he dies.
He loses memory of the last 5 minutes and re-enters the scene, unharmed and very much alive from stage left.

>loses memory
>in the exact same situation as before

more like Captain Deathloop

....But the corpse is still there. All the time. a literal mountain of corpses the hero must amass to destroy his enemies.

Oh I thought time rewound those 5 minutes Edge of Tommorow style.

She's the perfect character, she has NO flaws!

really should be a pre-req for the summoning of and dealing with various demons, hell beasts and denizens of the lower realms

I like my version better. Its more grime-dark. He losses his memory right? That means every time he comes back he has to confront this ever growing mountain of his own failure.

>Edge of Tommorow
i'm sorry, the film you're referencing could not be found. can i interest you in Live Die Repeat instead?

Never heard of it. Maybe your looking for All You Need is Kill?

A low-level Illusionist who has come by some very fancy robes, an extremely pointy hat with the widest of brims, and quite the impressive but very mundane staff who once told a lie that he was a very powerful wizard and is now simply creating small illusion after illusion to keep from his previous lies from being discovered lest he be found out for who he is.

Lobster Knight - the revenant suit of armor of a knight who was humiliatingly boiled alive in his armor. All that's left of him is a suit of red plate armor, bearing light decorations of sealife such as clam-shaped couters, with a helmet that's styled after a lobster's face. He bleeds boiling hot water whenever the armor is pierced and actually gets boiling hot whenever angry.

ow.
why, user?

A barbarian librarian.

A stage magician who somehow convinces people that he is actually a powerful wizard, but he purely does sleight of hand and misdirection tricks.

>Undead Druid who's covered in moss and mushrooms and a buzzard on their shoulder, who champions the unpleasant parts of nature, like all the disease and decomposition and parasites and infanticide and cannibalism.

Yoink. Say hello to my next NPC

Please make this a thing

A cursed, unwilling necromancer that has an apocalyptic army of the undead inside of them. The end of the world via unholy desolation can only be kept at bay through regular meditation and by ritualistically eating the flesh of sentient races.

I love the idea but it's far too "I'm the main character!" to mesh in most stories. I'm on laptop or I'd use one of the pictures I used for inspiration.

A sentient, magical sword that is deeply, unhealthily, crazy in love with its wielder. Originally created by a powerful duchess of hell who was tired of not being taken seriously, the sentient weapon damns the souls of those it kills to its creator's circle of hell in exchange for granting its wielder supernatural strength and vitality. It can telepathically communicate with its wielder, reappears in perfect condition in his(or her) possession if discarded or destroyed, and doesn't like sharing him(or her) with others. They could do such great things together, just the two of them. They could conquer, they could slaughter, together, the two of them against the world.

Reminds me of one of mine.

Also a sentient magical sword, but not too attached to wielders. Spent millennia imprisoned underground, far from the hands of men, encased in a magical scabbard built to keep it in check. Its only goal is to commit as much slaughter as possible... but is unable to do more than subtly influence it's wielders movements... enough that they attack "twice" instead of once(I attack the same target on my turn mechanically... probably.) and whisper in their ears in it's weakened state. But, seeing as how it's unable to move on it's own, especially since it's shackled to that damn sheath, it's forced to cooperate with and try to manipulate the members of the most definitely good party I made it to run with.

Though as we leveled up, it would feed on the blood of the parties enemies and grow stronger as well... possibly to the point where it might overpower the wielder's will and start attacking friends on "accident." Very Stormbringer-esque, I will admit.

It's weird, but the ghost of a 1950s prom queen that died in a car wreck and continues to haunt her home town, befriending the other modern-day PCs in a paranormal game.

How might the two sentient magical swords feel about each other? What kind of opinions would they have? Would they be friendly? Would they hate each other?

Play a plasma scimitar wielding jew warrior on a medieval-futuristic middle east setting, addicted to weird herbs from the eastern east (china), looking for his brother who was captured by a bunch of hoodlums on Greece.These hoodlums want money. To get the money he took the job of guarding the daughter of a wealthy sheikh for a year. This daughter wants to get out of his father grasp. No love/sex bullshit.

Don't know about the first user, but mine would probably be relatively apathetic about the other sword. "I can't eat this" sort of thing.

That said, it shoehorning it's thoughts an ideas on his puppet would be an annoyance at best. And enough to be counterproductive at worst. But it's fine. He's patient. He's been trapped for a long long time. What's waiting out the lifespan of this host, especially if it can find a way to move on to a better suited one sooner?

She will never allow her host to die. They will live together, slaughtering their way through the ages in a story of true love.

>She's also a vampire, but can go out in the sun.
>LE REAL VAMPIRES BURN IN THE SUN FUCK LE TWILIGHT XD
What, you mean like all vampires before the makers of the rip off of Dracula known as Nosferatu tried and failed to avoid being sued by changing the ending to him dying in the sun, and many vampires afterwards until relatively recently?

You found the waifu blade in OotA didn't you?

I never played out of the abyss. Tell me more.

I've always wanted to play a Very Young or Young Silver Dragon in elf form exploring the world and trying to be a wizard mixed into humanoid society

An illiterate barbarian who protects an evil iron-bound grimoire full of dark magics from falling into wrong hands. He was picked by his mentor for his complete inability to read or cast magic spells, not to mention great strength.

The book is indestructible and ends up quite useful as a bludgeoning tool.

>lawlock

I want to play a dwarf from an isolated mountain with more or less zero minerals or useful metals so they grow mushrooms and the only people who live near by are a tribe of elves. The two people need to trade with each other to survive, until a band of half-elves come through and butcher the tribe of elves. So he goes on a quest to avenge the death of his childhood elf friend by completing a vengance-necklace of half-elf knuckle bones. He would be very racist again halfbreeds especially, and be friendly but dissmisssive towards short lived races.

two dudes
one is gonna be literally a THUG with low int and high wis, str and con,
other is a little dude smart as rat in a jar full of cats, high int and dex
they work in pair for a long time, one is a brain other is a hands. They do grey job, but never kill children.

>A middle aged dwarf alchemy teacher that gets a deadly curse from a lich and can't afford a cleric to treat him. Quits his job to start brewing illegal potions with a former student in a last ditch effort to provide for his family.

I-i-i came up with it first