Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1660: Cherry Pie & Black Coffee Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Discord
discord.gg/wDQVYng

>Last Thread

i need a perk that prevents my abilites gained from training to degenerate after i stop training.
So, like if i trained and could pick up 2x my weight and never train again i'd still always be able to lift that

Like Riding a Bike (Sword Art Online)

MY HERO ACADEMIA

--ORIGINS--
Tony "Byakko" Sutoraipu
-UA High, Musutafu, Japan
-Student, M, 14yo

--PERKS--
•Superficial Mutations -> Bipedal tiger isn't weird in this setting. The police chief is a dog person after all.

•Quirk Marriage [Bottled Lightning + Animal Mimicry: Tiger ] (Lighting Tiger) (500cp) -> Tiger physiology with ability to control electricity like water. Its a shocking good time & its GREEAATT!

•Old Fashioned (200cp) -> My body is a temple & its magnificent, on par with Batman or maybe even Captain America. Watch out for my punches baddies! However my mind is my greatest tool & its sharper than ever!

•It Might Be Destiny -> When people are at their most vulnerable I'm there to lend them a helping hand. Great way to make new friends.

•Push Through -> Pain is an illusion, I can push through it even if I normally should be in agony.

•Do You Ever Do Something UN-Cool!? (100cp) -> I always leave an impression on others & even when not trying or being dickish I can come off as cool.

•Plus Ultra (-200cp) -> I have an amazing mind in finding advantages where others can't. By applying myself I can do just about anything I set my mind to. Planning & making best with cards dealt is what I do best. PLUS ULTRA!

--ITEMS--

-All Might Memorabilia -> Who wouldn't want all this stuff? All Might is cool.

--DRAWBACKS--

Bitter Rivalry (Bakugo) (-100cp) -> Can't stand this kid, he's good but too cocky & doesn't think ahead of time. Plus he has a nasty temper.

Endless Suspicion (0cp) -> Just because I'm a walking tiger with sharp claws & teeth doesn't mean I'm a baddie. Look at Gang Orca!

--SCENARIO--

•Pillars Of Peace -> Move over Deku its my story, I'm the 9th holder of OFA & with All Might's help I will prevent League Of Villains & AFO from turning the world into chaos. PLUS ULTRA!

Any others? SAO is such a terrible game

Immortality from Hero Union BBS (Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata Keijiban is the jump name).
Generic Xianxia has one too iirc (the 100cp Ancient Mentor one)

>Move over Deku its my story,
You Monster! How could you do that to poor Deku?!

perfect thanks

are there benefits to becoming a Great One after you jump bloodborne?

Apparently, A Call from Beyond actually is a bunch of little stars and Great Ones like Ebritas toss that shit out like candy.

Pretty sure you can't either in the jump or after, also it's just as well as there are NO benefits to becoming one of those things.
I commend your transhumanist urge, user, but you'd better look elsewhere to satisfy it.

It says in the notes that your free to do so after the jump. Becoming one is a stay condition in Bloodborne, not outside of it.

I feel bad but Nighteye was right it should've gone to someone else. Deku is great but he's having really hard time with adjusting to the power.

However even Nighteye proved that you don't have to use your quirk to be effective. Nighteye trained his body & in martial arts to point where he's basically Batman.

I introduced him to Knuckleduster a vigilante that doesn't have a quirk. He was able to fight on par with Aizawa. He can still be a hero without a quirk.

Dude, Izuku Midoriya is best thing ever for the Support Group in the Academy. His analysis and skill at breaking down Quirks would make him a great Support for those who can build Support items.

what's a good perk/power to counter intangibility?

I want to punch Obito in his smug eye

Sting from Worm.

Super Spin from Jojo.

Oh shit you're right. He could be paired up with Hatsume. He analyzes the quirks then passes information on to Hatsume who builds the gear. Plus his super analysis could be really handy for detective work, I mean All Might's Detective friend I think is Quirkless or has a Quirk that's not very useful for his line of work.

Honestly I feel like even if you choose to replace Deku you should at least throw the kid a bone and give him a superpower so he can be a hero.

There are tons of power granting perks and items in Jumpchain. Have him drink a Cauldron Vial or something.

What is a good perk to get Marianne out of possessing that one person in Code Geass?

Soulsword from Marvel Magic

>Take Deku's Power
>Fell bad for him and give him Cauldron Vial
>Deku gets Eidolon powers
What do?

Your Arcane abilities would probably Skyrocket and your insight would scale to match. Other than that though it depends on what you become after you transform.

The Great Ones are all fairly different from each other so you might gain increased physical capabilities or the ability to shoot lasers. Its a bit of a toss up and hunters could still kill them even with your power. Granted the Hunters were PCs who could wreck almost everyone in the setting though.

So you steal his opportunity because some jerk has the opinion that someone else might handle the power better, and naturally that 'someone else' is you. And then you throw the kid a bone, out of some justifiable guilt, but give him something that half-assed and hypocritical?!
If not having an quirk is not a big deal, then why steal his opportunity to get one. Hypocrisy is not something I'd expect from you.

This. So much this.
If you absolutely have to steal Midoriya's opportunity to obtain All-Might, then at least give him a reasonable replacement. The poor kid would be grateful for anything, but you'd have a moral imperative to give him something either as close as possible in terms of quality as All-Might or something perhaps weaker but better suited to him, like a Stand.
You can't justify a theft of a diamond by giving the victim a lump of glass and claiming it was a just swap.

Congratulate the kid? Probably help him figure out how to use his new power before he hurts himself or others.

Let's see what all we can give him....

Also if there's anything I need to do to update this?

On the topic of giving deku powers, what would/did you give him?

I gave him a custom made deck of many things. Basically, a 22 single use quirks (per day). Bit of luck of the draw involved in using them in a fight, but his analysis skills helped greatly.

>See if he can get One For All through it.
>Get him a regeneration power alongside it.
>High Five For All
>Use CTRL-Z from Cardcaptor Sakura to fix the damage.

Perhaps cultivation of one sort or another, maybe Kyptonian Physiology if possible.
But outside of specifics, by the time you have an arrays of options you are likely to have so many that dumping them all on him isn't likely to be terribly helpful unless you give him in-depth aid, and maybe even then, so I'd do the unthinkable and actually ask him what he would like and see what I can do.
And considering I'm not a prick, he'd have whatever I gave him over and above All-Might.

As said before, a Cauldron Vial.

However using Starseed Awakening from Sailor Moon would be a good choice as well. He might not get a power like One For All because it's based on personality, but it'd definitely suit him.

I could also make him into Spider-Man using that animal hybridization perk from Ultimate Spider-Man.

Plus there's just flat out giving him one of my own powers using Sacrificial Bestowement. Heck I could even give him One For All anyway using that.

>Fate/Stay Night demon summoning handbook

So what can a True Demon do, anyway? Are they really dangerous compared to Servants?

>people last thread actually arguing about who's the best character in Tower of God
>when Rak exists

When will people learn that Contrarians exist just to be contrary and go against the grain.

That's the only fucking thing I took out of that argument. A bunch of people liking Rachel only because so many people hate her so OBVIOUSLY SHE HAS TO BE LIKABLE.

>the Force
Would giving a Shounen protagonist the Force cause them to immediately fall to the dark side? They basically run off of emotion.

They're called Hipsters, sempai.

naw, Naruto would be grey jedi, Sasuke would go dark in a flash though. Ichigo would be grey as would most of his friends. Most shounen good guy protagonists would be grey. Light and Dark are both asshole alignments with the force.

Okay, but what power did you guys give to Toshinori Yagi?

Regeneration

A healing factor.

Does he need another?

Hey One-Armed user, in case this still matters (I missed last thread entirely, but voted now)... Making it a modifier makes sense to me?

If you have it as a race, there's no reason to take Human or Night Elf over it, because by lore Worgens get everything either of those get plus their Worgen form. They've got different racials in the videogame itself, but lore-wise they don't lose stuff like that when they can switch between forms at will.

Also, the Worgen/Pack Form is by lore much stronger/faster than the base form, to the point that one or two Night Elf turned into them can just tear through a horde of demons. So having that as a free race doesn't make sense anyway, to me at least?

And logically, we've only seen Night Elf and Human Worgen, but... Why would the curse be restricted to Night Elves and Humans? What do these races have in common? If it can affect Night Elves, why not Blood Elves, Nightborne, hell even Trolls? And if it can affect Humans, why not the Vrykul, Dwarves, Gnomes, or the other Titan-forged decendants?

Regen... damnit!

I'll add ninja training.

>grey
Not a thing in canon.

Well everyone was saying Deku should get his power, so I thought you guys let that happen first.

>Off the top of my head... get Raksha charms. Literally anyone in Creation can do this, even mortals... provided that you can convince a Raksha to Forge your Graces for you, and can somehow ensure that they won't dick you over about possession of said Graces after the fact. Once that's done, you can learn Raksha charms...
Not true, actually.

Only Lunars, Fae-Blooded, and Eclipse-likes can learn Raksha charms. Others only get the ability to use Shaping Actions from having Graces.

Granted, there /is/ an optional rule that would allow anyone to learn them, but that's about as canon as Terrestrial Half-Castes. That is to say, it's not a thing unless your Storyteller decides to change to diverge from the standard setting.

His organs were regenerated by the Cauldron Vial itself, but afterwards he developed a power similar to Glory Girl's. Personal telekinesis field that extended out to objects he touched, with a more powerful effect when he used it to move himself, and an inspiration aura.

You let All-Might pass One For All to Deku first, then you give him Regeneration.

Then he eventually only needs up with regen.

>When will people learn that Contrarians exist just to be contrary and go against the grain.

You called for me?

ends up*

Under Disney it is. It's called Bendu

>image

Why the hell are they using you as a subject study, Ric. That's just a foregone conclusion.

I got a great technique apparently

the Light is made of assholes, the Dark is made of madmen who are still assholes. The middle ground is better. That's why they need to bring balance to the force instead of trying to push it all to one side or the other.

Seriously dude? Every niche opinion is contrary now? Fuck off mate.

How do we contain her?

The Light side is balance according to canon.

Most of the jumps let you use EU stuff, senpai.

Frog.

With hugs and cuddles.

Not really there are no longer any Light Side nor Dark Side things in Luke's school of thought, because Yoda and Old Ben taught him very basic things. Now we just have a Dark Side on the rise and a bunch of Force Adepts who are neutral resisting those people.

Isn't she just a Master? With an antimagic cage?

We throw fluffy tails at her, she likes fluffy tails right?

>Now we just have a Dark Side on the rise and a bunch of Force Adepts who are neutral resisting those people.
What? In Disney?

With Saturday Morning Cartoon Villainy, obviously!

When there's no other reason but to interject the opposite opinion in an attempt to cause conflict, ya damn right it's deliberately contrary.

Yep.

>being contrary over contrary being a thing
>oblivious to the irony?

But you are going to leave in 10 years, so what's the point of not leaving someone who will dedicate their live to it in place? Also, OfA is not that great compared to what you can get in the chain. You are probably better than All Might when you arrive.

None. I simply used some healing magic and took his wounds away, so no need to find a successor.

I did gave Deku a Symbiote (from then webserial). Because, what could possibly go wrong?

I would say that probably your ability to create 'dreams' would be greatly increased.

At first glance, Seven Deadly Sins

Give her rolls on the gacha.

And fluffy tails like her.

We got any perks to give someone memories of their future selves? Feel like going to CG and giving Lulu his memories from the end of the series.

What Stand would she have?

Who the fuck?

Fate/Extra female protag.

「Uptown Girl」

Marvel Magic - Demonic Pacts and Divinity.

「If I Was Invisible」

「I Kissed A Girl」

「Over My Head」

So how the fuck does the Force work? Do I really have to be full emotionless zen or full hate rage eat babies to use it properly? And how easy is it to get fully corrupted by the Dark Side because half the time I see a Jedi get a little angry or selfish they immediately go full Sith Lord?

The force is inconsistent as balls. Anakin was able to literally slaughter a village in rage without immediately falling, some random padwan in the clone wars fell because she started to feel bad about the war.

Nah the only thing that seems to matter is your connection with the Force which can be improved in a lot of different ways like meditation and vague nebulous bullshit that really isnt ever explained very well.

Whats the best kind of sword to give to a hero?

Heroes tend to be reckless assholes, so something with a useful defensive enchantment.

Lightsabers

A sword they can even use in their dreams!

So basically if I jump a Star Wars jump I'll forever have a inconsistent noose around my neck?

Really not making want to visit Star Wars even though the Bane jump looks cool.

lterally just don't be an asshole, but don't kill your emotions.

Grey Jedi exist for a reason, and there are numerous other Force practitioners that don't follow Jedi or Sith bullshit.

To be fair, Luke and his Jedi Order did pretty well just by doing this .

The basic rule is that if you don't let your emotions be what controls you it's fine. A Jedi can love and feel compassion and have friends. They just can't let those things control them into doing evil.

So like a Jedi can have friends but letting a city die to save that friend would be wrong so they're expected to choose the city.

Grey Jedi aren't a thing except when the EU shat itself and forgot that Jedi have emotions.

I SEND MY SCOURGE I SEND MY SWORD
THUS SAITH THE LORD

Except for Kyp Durron who was the worst Mary Sue in the history of fucking Jedi.

Something that doesn't have godawful balance and ridiculous weight.

I'd literally doom worlds to save people I care about even though I'd otherwise be willing to give up my own life to save a handful of complete strangers. Does that make me evil?

Yes. If you doom billions for a single person it's evil.

Kinda.

Reminder that Kyp Durron committed genocide on a solar system wide scale, and was never legally tried for his actions. Sure, it was Imperial Space, and he was being influenced by Exar Kun, but that doesn't change the fact that he murdered billions of people willingly.

Exactly my point.

Kind of, yeah.

>Does that make me evil?
No. But it does make you vulnerable to the darkside. It may not be enough on it's own to push you over the edge but it can easily start you down the slippery slope.

>Grey Jedi aren't a thing except when the EU shat itself and forgot that Jedi have emotions.
Reminder that The Father – aka the personification of the balance between Light and Dark – is both 100% canon and the most powerful of the three. And also that the whole reason they ended up on that planet was for Anakin to learn that controlling both sides is better than destroying one of them.

Qui Gon pretty much told him that explicitly and he was not only the expert on the Property but also LITERALLY ONE WITH THE FORCE at that point.

>lterally just don't be an asshole, but don't kill your emotions.
But I like being an asshole sometimes

>So like a Jedi can have friends but letting a city die to save that friend would be wrong so they're expected to choose the city.
But as a jumper who realizes there are infinite realities with infinite people I care more about my friends than random people.

Like 20% of the time I actively try and help people, 60% I'm largely apathetic/ambivalent, and 20% I'm an evil asshole.

So again I guess I shouldn't jump Star Wars