GW getting sued for $60m

spikeybits.com/legalwatch

Aha what. Americans are so litigious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkJAbzZg8PY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>linking to pedobits

Do tell mate

Plaintiff sounds insane, any legal document using phrases like "110%" seems ... poorly written at best.

Counter-suit incoming.

use the catalog, please

If this actually succeeds what can we expect?
After chapterhouse they changed everything to trademarks and ceased all non model units.
Will they just drop the U.S.? Because that'd be hilarious.

It won't, just look at their "case".

Looks like someone took Veeky Forums memes a bit too seriously.

That's why I said if.

That's his case for Fraud. He also is suing them for a bunch of other things:
"He alleges that the current way that Games Workshop does business in America from limiting stores access to new releases in the numbers they may actually need, taking more and more items back to direct sales, and making other items only available exclusively hampers businesses here in the states:

Plaintiff herein affirms all previous paragraphs 1 – 12 and all hereinafter in his Cause of Action for Restraint of Trade by GW, as if set forth again and as more fully set forth hereinafter:
GW more and more blatantly violates Antitrust law to restrain trade of the models they job-out in China – to interfere with Store’s ability to do business freely – to Steal my sales.
For near-30-years GW has always maintained that we sellers can “Set any price we want for the items we wholesale from them (GW)”. Yet, more recently GW ‘asked’ its retailers “not to have a ‘shopping cart’ on our websites – since they were adding one to theirs”!? Soon after, without agreement from Stores – GW ‘asked’ that “advertised prices (on the internet) not be more than 20%-Off MSRP – directly contradicting their previous assurances and our extant long-held Verbal Good-Faith Contract. Later, (unknown to Plaintiff) GW said 15%-off.
Eventually (and unknown to your Plaintiff Stores) GW ‘claimed’ to have quietly instituted a ‘policy’ to outright ‘prohibit’ any/all sales which used internet.
This would be like tool supplier telling retailers 50-years ago that:“Customers can buy in your Store – but if they call you on the Telephone – then they HAVE to buy from us direct”.

GW ‘Investor Relations’ webpage betrays their criminal intent (as well as socio-pathology to ethics regarding the Great Debt they owe to the America Stores that made them:"

But yeah, his case for fraud is never going to work.

Whether intentionally or otherwise, Games Workshop has used concepts and ideas that come from archetypal aspects of both fantasy and sci-fi. Thy have created a rich history or characters and stories based on said aspects.

The complaint mentions how GW ripped off Tolkien who got his ideas from mythology....

How could this claim possibly get anywhere?

Orks were new.

Did I miss something, or did he somehow find all kinds of relatively obscure shit to claim that GW is ripping off of without mentioning the most obvious influence of all: Dune.

Who wrote that? Chris Chan?

>GW ripped off all these other content creators that are long dead
>that means they must pay ME reparations

Maybe it also hurts his case a little

This. Especially back then they did just copy everyting from up to God Emperor of Dune straightup 1 to 1.

Number 6 is hillarious, the guy is mentally ill.

Does this look like he got any legal advice before going ahead?

Propably from this guy

>Models they job-out in china

Minus scenery and bases, everything is made in the UK.

>dude confirmed to be a salty trumpster

This sounds like something GW would sue somebody over.

Nah, it's not so much Trump so much as 'China-shit is cheap, why the fuck am I paying an over 9000 mark-up on models that take 3 cents to make?

One no they were not, and two Warhammer orcs are pretty damn different from Tolkien orcs.

Copyright bullshit at its finest. And you know that they will settle out of court.

>wiLl they just drop the US
Why are Europeans so fucking stupid? Why do you think that would happen

only if "110%" is being used to describe a difference between amounts and is objectively accurate, like, Sam has 10 apples and Sally has 21, she has 110% more apples than Sam does. but even there, there are better ways to say it.

GW's "accidental" monopoly on sci-fi wargaming is clearly why X-Wing outsells 40k in North America.

Cult of thralls indeed!

Kill all the lawyers.

We got an ETA when this will be settled?

Next Thursday

>Americans do literally anything
WOAH OMG WOAH WHY DO AMERICANS DO THAT THING

Don't be so sensitive. There are even other Americans here decrying Florida's litigation process.

Was it Florida man?

YOU SEE HERE 5 TERMINATORS???? 5 STARSS, PAY ME 60M BECAUSE I NOTICED THIS.
I always had a feeling he was a pedo, explain though lad.

Gonna need to elaborate on that one lad.

if it was only a little less coherent I'd bet that's a schizo's word salad

This is GW. Retardation is the name of their game.

>I always had a feeling he was a pedo, explain though lad.
some anons looked it up a while back

in ohio there is a registered offender by the name "Robert Baer" but it is a different guy.

I am not sure if they checked all the state registries, but nobody found anything on robby b (aside from the fallout of his failed business)

kenny supposedly got caught cheating at a tournament once, and a lot of people think his sideburns are straight up ridiculous.

Why is a claim so baseless even allowed into court?

it will likely be thrown out of court the moment it goes in front of anyone with the authority to do so

>ideas that come from archetypal aspects of both fantasy and sci-fi.

most of it yeah definitely but I'm wondering how much of 40k was based off archetypes in culture in the late 70's.

It's easy to say nowadays that Space Marines and Aliens are generic sci fi staples because we have a saturated buffet of media to pick from; RPG's, anime, video games, wargames etc

BLM in a nutshell.

desu people are not even talking about fair use yet which i think these could easily go under.

>The complaint mentions how GW ripped off Tolkien who got his ideas from mythology....
No no, the complaint says GW ripped of Tolkein

Top fucking kek

>GW's face when

I'm kinda conflicted on Kenny. On the one hand, he kinda comes off like a douche and the sideburns are a bit silly. On the other hand, he's really, REALLY good at what he does and is enthusiastic about it.

Someone snapped. This is Alex Mauer level of crazy.

even then Tolkiens's orcs are basically roman era germanic barbarian tribes

Can you imagine people in a court arguing about plastic orcs and space men? Would have made a good Night Court episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=pkJAbzZg8PY

My only concern here is that the Chapter House court case resulted in the rebranding of most of the Warhammer fantasy lineup.

Since GW has kind of loosened up to being more about fun than purely corporate selling toys, do you think this case could result in some of that comfort tightening up again?

>GW's "accidental" monopoly on sci-fi wargaming is clearly why X-Wing outsells 40k in North America.
It doesn't, that's only in terms of 3rd party vs 3rd party. 40k outsells X-wing when you account for GW's stores and webstores.

Also, that doesn't matter, because if the so called monoply is accidental, which all facts point to it being, then there is no law broken.

>If this actually succeeds what can we expect?
Nothing, because there's not a chance it will. The IP claims are a joke, and GW has ensured the IP is safe from this type of stuff. Moreover, you can't claim damages when you haven't been damaged, if GW infringed on someone's IP, the owner needs to be the one to take it to court, not some insane reverend army vet from florida.
The 3rd party stuff, eh, I suppose there's an argument to be made, but he bases it off a covenant of good faith, and GW never forced him to do anything, they simply said "If you want to sell our product, you need to do this" and he agreed. For some of these complaints it's been years since they happened, and that will really hurt his case.
The rest of it comes across like the ravings of an utter madman, with GW using "cultists" and running a "mafia" to maintain control, stuff he claims with, as far as I'm aware, no evidence to support it.
He's just upset that he couldn't sell back his WHFB priducts, and, according to some people, the fact that GW cut ties with him when it was revealed he was selling recasts.

Fuck you too buddy. Hope you don't get hit by a car or accused of a crime anytime soon.

Do you have any sources on this guy? I've found a few David Moores in Florida but I'm having trouble separating the wheat from the chaff.

Not much, sorry. I don't have many colleagues in fort lauderdale, the closest I've got is meeting Judge Zolch a couple of times because we went to the same college and law school (though he was there long long long before me) and he's almost retired anyways.

All I know is stuff people have claimed, I don't know how much is true. none of it would suprise me though, from what I can tell Sifu david is insane.

>He's just upset that he couldn't sell back his WHFB priducts
God I hope not, cut them to 75% and they'd be gone in the blink of an eye. And if he's contractually bound to only sell them at retail there's plenty of ways from raffles and such giveaways to circumvent all but the most airtight of retail pricing contracts.
Also ebay depending on exact circumstances.
>GW cut ties with him when it was revealed he was selling recasts.
And if this is the case he's fucked hard if they have even a shred of evidence when the counter-suit comes.

No, because GW has noticed how much better their business works when they don't alienate their customers.
Also, this case is a joke that will amuse a few lawyers for a short while, but not much more. I mean, just read the .pdf in the OP, it's less a legal paper and more of a conspiracy manifesto.

>And if this is the case he's fucked hard if they have even a shred of evidence when the counter-suit comes.
Dudes fucked anyways. From my quick read through I count at least 12 out right false statements in his affidavit, he refers to himself as "she" at one point, and he appears to mostly be upset over financial trouble he's had, as well as some issues with pre-orders and alleged theft by GW, but I'm guessing the full story won't make him seem nearly as good when it comes out.

That said, the affidavit makes it seem far more realistic that this goes to court, since the way he's explained it does make GW seem rather bad. It'll be demolished by GW's legal team (since they're actually really quite competent) but it'll be fun to watch the full story comes out. Something tells me this dude has done some shady shit

>more of a conspiracy manifesto
Eh, from his affidavit he seems to, or at least claims to, had a lot of problems with GW, and says they stole from him. He'll still lose, but GW will have to disprove quite a few of his claims in order to make that happen. Which shouldn't be too hard, guy seems like an paranoid nutjob with an axe to grind against GW.

>since they're actually really quite competent

Is that a new, post-Kirby thing? Because at one point in the Chapterhouse lawsuit they tried to copyright the human skull.

Sure, but half the shit in there is utterly irrelevant to the case. Not to mention the fact that it's rarely a sensible decision to speak of crap like 'cults of thralls' and such.

>Is that a new, post-Kirby thing? Because at one point in the Chapterhouse lawsuit they tried to copyright the human skull.
Sorry, should have said really quite competent relative to the plaintiff, not in general.
Though I should probably retract that, since they've some how allowed a civil case where in a pro se plaintiff is representing the estates of others and where RICO is used in a civil matter get all the way to discovery.
I'm not sure what's going on, but while his affidavit may have some stuff that could gain some pathos with a jury, these two things elimate amy and all standing.

Oh most definitely. His use of vernacular and slang in a legal document made me throw up a bit. I have a real hard time believing this guy ever actually went to law school

I only did two semesters of law at uni years ago, but while reading through this my eyes nearly rolled themselves out of my skull. It was quite the experience. I cannot begin to imagine how an actual lawyer must feel.

It's painful. Really painful.

It makes me wonder the actual extent of his involvement in his pro bono work, since trash like this isn't worth it even when it's free.