Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

TFW You are Chaos edition

Old Thread: >> get fucked. The past is the past.

>Chaos
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0 [Open]

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA [Open]

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising!!!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2f8EEk1TW5I
youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DEATH GUARD WHEN.
Even though I am having fun converting Blight King weapons onto my monopose Death Guard.

>tfw you are chaos

Real talk I'm stoked for the new codex.

Lord of Skulls 100 pts cheaper.

youtube.com/watch?v=2f8EEk1TW5I

Lorgar 40k rules WHEN?

Are Renegade Militia and Mutant Rabble worth taking at all in a R&H army? The shit hit and armor stats really turn me off to them.

How much is it now?
Is it even worth it compared to the knight?

vaguely related but i got a chaos dreadnought (possibly assault on black reach) that i'm turning into a sonic dreadnought soon

I'm torn on making the Chapter either an Imperial Fists or an Ultramarine successor. They focus on search and destroy tactics, sending is kill teams for high priority targets and feel a sense of responsibility to protect the people of the Imperium. Thoughts one way or the other?

>tfw you are chaos

tfw there'll be no such thing as codex creep if everyone gets the same tactics and stratagems

>the Chapter I'm making
Christ I've been awake too long

Is Praetorian of Dorn a good read?

It should weight in at about 650 points with the "good" weapons now. It's significantly beefier than the knight, and it's shooting is savage.

Nice! I found an old metal one on ebay that was magnetized and everything for 30$.

No. FW torpedoed the army. They suck and the army list is filled with retarded FWisms- characters are characters, rules that aren't defined, etc. It's a typical Inferno tier shit job you come to expect from those hacks. And they are so back logged they are not going to update it for a while.
Avoid like the plague. Just play guard.

It doesn't matter, those two are the most generic successors. There are IF that act like UM successors and UM successors are all over the place in terms of what they're like.

The two new codices drop on Saturday. The announcement for DG and Daemons will happen between now and one-three days after the new codices drop. Following that, a unit focus every 1-2 days for 10 days it all drops. They will reveal Mortarion first, followed with Deathshroud, followed by the new GUO/Plaguefather, and stratagems and shit for both armies.

The fact that GW is kind of giving the go ahead to making a sonic dreadnought is really cool because it actually doesnt have a model so it'll either get a model and/or there might be Vehicle Design Rules coming in the chapter approved.

Yes.
It's not Betrayer tier, and certainly not Scars trilogy tier, but it's really up there.

You don't know how badly I want this to be true.

Yeah, its a good book. I wonder if French wanted there to be a tenuous connection between the Alpha Legion and Soul Drinkers or if that was simply a happy coincidence.

How good is Scars trilogy?

Will it make me hard and also desperate for Jaghatai's return to 40k? I've heard he's the only Primarch that could easily wreck all the others in h-h combat.

Are the Legio Mortis Chaos Undivided?

Or did it break up with a bunch of different detachments following one form of Chaos or another?

Any source? If so any mention of Orks? Boys being back is nice but boys being it is not.

Since you are in the know it seems, you got a line on the prices for the new shit? What to know how big a hit the bank account is taking from Morty, 2 plague tanks, 2 termies boxes, 2 plague marine boxes, and the great unclean one.

Need a cool nickname for my dude. So far all I got is "Hustler" and "Pointman" but they don't really do it for me. Any ideas?

So when does Fabulous Bill cludge together some Bill Brand™ Chaos Primarchs and have half of them turn traitor (loyalist?). All while claiming it was his own original idea of course.

wow thanks for the spoiler dude im going to mail you my farts

Ivan Drago

Trigger-happy.

That sounds like an Ultramarine or Raven Guard successor, but successors can be radically different from their progenitor legion.

Mortifactors are night worlders with bizarre cannibalistic customs but surprisingly are Ultramarines successors, not Blood Angels.

Mantis Warriors are ambush guerilla fighters that can enter strange war trances and can see the future, but are White Scars successors, not Raven Guard.

Executioners are lorewise a darker, less yiffy counterpart to Space Wolves, but are a Fists successor.

The Not!Imperial Fists... I mean Iron Warriors look awesome in that they ignore cover saves and re-roll against foes occupying buildings. Near the Chaos Lord with re-rolls and ignores cover is going to be extra saucy against Taufucks.

Comedian.

Morty won't be as expensive as Magnus in both points and currency, but he's really, really hard to kill. £60-$85 is the target price. You'll really like his warlord trait, and his toughness aura is retarded.

The scars trilogy is hands down the best three novels in Horus Heresy.
The legion is interesting and conflicted. They aren't just a sounding board for the fucking Primarch
The primary is interesting and isn't a retarded one dimensional character.
The human POV character is a chick exactly well written and not just ADB waifu bait bullshit.
Probably the most honest description of the Imperium and the Emperor, once again without ADB daddy issue bullshit.
Read them. Hell BUY them. They are that good.

Cool. I know I will get him, I just hope he isn't basically a must take for DG to work, like Magnus seems to be for TS... I hate people who simply MUST take the uber special character every fucking game... assuming the same price for the great unclean one, how much for the tank? Repulsor price?

>Rig
>Bad Hand
>Fox
>Bishop
>Howl
>Dutch

A few that come to mind

I never said they were a sounding board for the Primarch but Jaghatai has very little love in the lore.

Is the GW and FW site down for anyone else?

Fuck Magnus
I bring Ahriman every game because he's actually an interesting character and not fucking broken

Probably maintenance. Not the first time it happens.

Wait, are we talking 40k Daemons Codex?

I suddenly don't believe you. Also Age of Sigmar is getting the spotlight for the rest of this month due to the new General's Handbook launching.

youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

Butch Deadlift

I recommend A Thousand Sons

I'm legit excited for the new codex, hoping to have my Thousand Sons painted before Thursday so I can get those sweet Konor points.

BUFF MANSLAB

Yeah seems to be. Cheers mate.

I didn't say you did. It's just some novels, Fear to Tread being a prime example, the marine characters have basically no personality. The main Marine characters in Scars are excellent. The series also concludes the Thousand Sons/Propsero Burns story arc in an awesome fashion (just ignore the Crimson King abortion of a book)

Slab Squat-thrust

Chuck Howlthruster

He's between Girlyman and Magnus in terms of overall cost.

He isn't a necessary pick, but you'd be crazy not to take him. The good thing about Morty is he isn't just an aura bitch like Guilliman. He's a menace in close combat since while silence does D3 damage if you fight a large unit the cleave effect of the scythe allows D6 wasted damage to be carried to other models at the end of the round. You can one-shot 20-30 model units if you get nice rolls and your opponent loses morale, I kid you not.

Rod Hardbeed

Don Brinkley

Morty rules got leaked?

BEEF THROATPUNCH

Wow, that's a lot more responses than I expected.
Thanks guys, there are some good ones here.

Fridge Largemeat

Shit... that sounds awesome! When you say no an aura bitch, is he more of a Debuff character, along with being a wood chipper?
And thanks for all this info man

Ok, posting this for the second and the last time because I crave opinions of people more experienced than I am.

SUPREME COMMAND DETACHMENT
1498 points / 78 Power Level

HQ
1× Knight Commander Pask; Punisher, lascannon, plasma sponsons

1x Tank Commander; BC, lascannon, plasma sponsons

1x Tank Commander; Demolisher, lascannon, melta sponsons

ELITES
10 Veterans; 1x heavy flamer, 3x plasma gun, 1x autocannon, sargeant with a plasma pistol and a power sword

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
1x Chimera; 2x heavy bolter, 1x storm bolter, HK missle

LORD OF WAR
1x Knight Crusader; stormspear missle pod, meltagun

Does this seem viable?

I'd rate it 7th out of 8th edition

After Death Guard, should I go for Daemons or another legion? Like, go Nurgle Daemons since it is a natural side addition or go maybe something new like Alpha Legion/Word Bearers which I like.

HRRRRG

goddmanit i want this for my loyalist melee army

although it's probably not as good as just shoving some retarded OP shit like RG tactics on them

Now I want to make a Space Mutiny spess marine chapter led by Bob Johnson

"Chad" Thundercock

It's not atrocious but it is a lot of eggs in the one basket.

I'm hype as fuck. Trying to find a good proxy for berzerkers right now. The AOS blood warriors look promising but they're retarded expensive. I might just buy a FW upgrade pack since I've got ten unassembled CSM waiting in the wings.

Shotty 'Shotgun' McShotgun2yourface

Indeed, Games Workshop made sure you can fudge conscripts silly before the end of Fall of Konor. Primarch Mortarion of the Death Guard will be a very hot item. A great addition to the universe of Warhammer 40,000

Go with what you like. I'm a one army kind of guy and don't dabble in multiple armies/decks/characters/etc so if it were me, I would pick Nurgle Daemons to compliment my main army.

Do what you will be excited to work on user. That is always the best option

Who else is praying that after Armageddon got molested Ghazkull realises that his manifest destiny isn't to fuck about with the imperium and finally teams up with Yarrick (and they kiss) to stomp Chaos

Yes

Where are you getting this info about Morty?

He's already part of the universe, he's been in the lore since forever, he just doesn't have rules to represent him post-Nurglification yet

To be fair, spikey faggots are a lot more fun to fight than humie cunts

They are good at ships to make sure that the invasion part happens though

Hmm from this advice I should probably go Daemons since they look funner to paint and assemble etc.

Maybe if CSM get a better sculpts id go for them.

is there a way to get this game to work/install on windows 10? it just keeps failing for me

>Count as guard, run mutant rabble as conscripts/penal legion
It's what I've done for years

I didn't get to spend more than a minute reading the codex and since I'm mega no-homo for DG and Mortarion I went straight to his datasheet and checked his points. His toughness aura seems to be super retarded. Guard wounding Plague Marines on 6s? Tau wounding on 5s? Kek. And Morty has an good debuff aura at -1 to hit him or anything nearby. It makes DG units seriously hardcore. AND from what I could tell it stacks with Miasma of Pestilence so BS5+ models can't actually shoot at Morty or nearby units with Miasma. I expect this to be FAQ'd because it seems broken as hell.

>and they kiss

Played at my lgs recently with my admech and my opponent said that i couldnt start the game by choosing my canticles and roll on later turns. Is this the case?

emulator?

sounds like a big guy

how many W does he have? can you pick him out of his unit without snipers?

Is Duncan single? I'm meeting him later this month and I'd like to try and ask him out for a cup of coffee. I'm super nervous though so any advice would be great.

I don't think he's into guys.

He has FOURTEEN wounds. Fucking F O U R T E E N. He is going to be a hate magnet which is why it's -1 to hit him.

Two-Tubes Thomson or Chick-Chick

Put on two thin coats so you won't get too cold. It's always best to dress in multiple small layers than one large layer.

you can either choose or roll

if you choose, you can't choose it again in later turns

Seems straightforward to me. At the start of each battle round, pick one that hasn't been picked or roll for it

Beef Testosterone.

if he's 14 wounds he's just going to get skullfucked by lascannons

Make sure to shake your makeup, especially your metallics, and twist your personality as you put it to your palette to give it a nice sharp point

no you cant choose and then roll.

"Alternatively, you can randomly determine
which Canticle of the Omnissiah is in
effect by rolling a D6 and consulting the
table below."

>tfw in a local meta with 2 Tau players, a Necron player, and a few others, our Space Wolves player is the biggest cheeser

He commonly runs Vanguard detachments with Bjorn, Grimnar, Wulfen with storm shields, termies with thunder hammers and storm shields, a stormfang, and some primaris for flavor.

What did I do to deserve this?

Lascannons that get -2 to hit or -3 if you moved? Sounds really scary

>-1 to hit
>T9
>4++
>4+ Disgustingly Resilient
Nah

>Wulfen with storm shields, termies with thunder hammers and storm shields

>What did I do to deserve this?

Not running enough Autocannons

Is there an army /40kg/ actually LIKES to play against? You niggers'll complain about everything.

>it's probably not as good as just shoving some retarded OP shit like RG tactics on them

RG tactics means you can "infiltrate", advance, and charge one full squad of assault termies on turn 1

Renegade tactic means you can deep strike, advance, and charge all the termie squads you want on turn 1

Eventually someone will try the "nothing but soul grinders" deployment.