Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Starfinder Character Art Edition. Have you already picked the character art for your first starfinder character? Show us.

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Fuck all this "We want to be Mass Effect" horseshit. I want my fucking Flash Gordon campaign.

I just wanna play a space minotaur punchgirl

That's a daerelph user, not a minotaur

Meh, the Soul Cycle books are what I'm going to play.

So which of you compiled all the images into a jank PDF now?

>daerelph

close enough, just let me play a big titty punchgirl with horns and hooves n shit in space, fighting and fucking across the pact worlds.

what's a daerelph?

Dire Draph?

>what's a daerelph?

I don't know, just something I made up so I would have an excuse to talk to you. Where did she grow up?

We were on page 6, asshole.

P A G E 6
A G E 6 P
G E 6 P A
E 6 P A G
6 P A G E

So! How was your weekend, /pgg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

probably some erastilian planet. she might not have wanted to get married off, so she picked up a manual on fighting and fucked off to go fuck-fighting and fight-fucking across the stars, using her stonkin' great tits and hard fists to kick ass and shit. Probably also smokes and rinks heavily and acts raunchy, rather mannish too.

But under the veneer of mannishness there's a sweet tomboy that just likes having reliable friends

I could run with that.

Erastil no longer exists, user.

Does anyone have the classes PDF for Starfinder? I've seen the themes.

Hello Fennec user! My weekend was fantastic, though this weekend is shaping up to be a real BITCH.

Well now that the core rule book is finally out...

Its time to convert the Ungermaw to Starfinder!

What went well over the weekend? What do you dread about the next?

He's still around. He's just not one of the core 20 anymore.

He still exists in my heart and I still hold that he's ap art of the setting. If there's a goddamn frontier of space then you bet your ass Erastil will be on that shit settling it and starting families and stuff.

24 on, 24 call; had to stay at the station because of how far away from it I live, and didn't even get called in; still, made it through the days and did some planning.

I made a dungeon based around this as the main antagonists.

Does anyone else use a test party to run through your dungeons, before whipping them out for your Players to attempt?

He's not even mentioned anywhere in the book, anons. And he's not the only one. Norgorber is gone, for the god's sake; where else will we find four halflings in a trenchcoat and mask? No where, but our hearts. We have to move on and accept our loss; remember it but never, ever let it control us.

What sort of planning have you done?

Went better than expected. We got mildly fucked by traps, then fought 2 golems in a Cloudkill. Punched one dead, then got punted into a pit by the other. The rest of the party cut that one to pieces. I was anxious as fuck and used a fate point I probably shouldn't have. Next week is tallying the loot.

The devs have literally stated that all the old gods with two exceptions - Torag and one other I can't remember) are still present in Starfinder's setting.

I hope she gets roped into being BIG MUSCLE for a very special heist and ends up realizing the other chumps that got roped in were the reliable friends she wanted all along after the lot of them realize their "employer" is an evil jackass that has to be taken out not just for their own sake, but the sake of an entire planet. Or something like that.

I seem to have completely thrown off my DM's plans for last session when my PC released (unharmed) the enemy we captured to question after the enemy stonewalled my PC long enough to make him give up. The DM mentioned afterwards that apparently there was a reason he wasn't talking, like there was something specific I needed to do to get him to talk. My DM says he wasn't expecting that and isn't sure what to do now, but I have no regerts.

Mostly for Starfinder characters! And for whta to do with my pathfinder campaign; with my schedule as it is it might not last much longer, so I want to offer some options to my players at least. I might try to run a starfinder game, but i'll probably let things lie for awhile, calm down and refresh myself; work on things and let them stew befor ejumping in head first, y'know?

fuck then I guess my big titty minotaur punch girl wont be getting married or starting a family any time soon [spoilerbut that does leave space open for forming a boy harem][/spoiler]

Poorly.

Spent most of it adjusting to new medication, and right when I thought things were going okay, one of my games looks like it's about to fold up.

How did such a dungeon come to be? What lies in the dungeon that the party must enter?

woops I'm sleepy I cannot into spoilers but that's a good idea user, she's on a SEARCH for FRIENDS who are reliable and nice and just want to drink coffee and hang out and maybe cuddle together

Who was the enemy? What circumstances lead to their capture?

It's really just the eternal tug-of-war that is work and leisure. I had a good weekend, and the next looks like a lot of busywork.

Its gonna be really lonely when you all go of to space....

I hope you are adjusting well. What makes you think the game is struggling?

Run a dragon game in space starting the descendants of the dragons 1/2/3 parties sweagle!

>Have you already picked the character art for your first starfinder character?

Not going to lie, as much as you guys like to meme about it... I've been having a fair bit of trouble finding quality art of dashing men or busty women in various revealing sci-fi outfits.

Don't be like this, SEagle!

I had a sleepover at my friends' house, and we played some board games and Magic: The Gathering. Clank! is pretty fun, Fennec, and it's very easy to play while drinking.
On the game-related front, I had a lovely session yesterday evening, and thought some lovely thoughts about some of my other games.

What about you? Did you have a nice weekend?

The enemy was just a cultist mook. The party had split up at the time, my half encountered some enemies and beat them up, keeping the one alive for questioning (well, actually because my PC didn't want to kill him, but questioning is a convenient bonus to that).

Which /pfg/ games would convert to Starfinder the best, thematically?

It's the Temple of Odd Angles, it's set in this map. It's wedged in a corner in between and outside all facets of reality. Gravity works strangely here, depending on your location and state of mind. Inside are a small fleet of elephant-sized eldritch monsters that can only be comprehended as a bunch of crazy shrimp. Once the party finishes the dungeon, it's going to collapse in on itself and become a cat-sized glowing white translucent shrimp familiar type creature, and it allows them to bypass planar boundaries. They need that because the gods have blocked the material plane off from the rest of the multiverse to protect it from Fenrir.

I can try to help on this front. Lord knows as much as I say I want to play my concepts I'm not going to find a game.

Not fast enough for player enjoyment, called for skill checks at all the wrong times, and none of the players seem to be really okay with what they're doing.

I just wanted to run something fun, but nobody really thinks it's any fun.

Well, go on then! Post some!

Nothing particularly exciting, but I am immensely regretting not having Clustered Shots yet, despite not being our primary damage dealer. Narrowly avoided someone getting baleful polymorphed when we should have taken down that Qlippoth sooner due to the monster having DR/-. Also learned that apparently constructs can still be nauseated so long as it's not via Fort save, how that works is anyone's guess.

Don't worry SWeagle, space is lame, I prefer the ground anyway.

For a combat mechanic, unsell me on longarm proficiency. I could spend 3+ mechanic hacks on weapon overload to deal lots of damage with my laser pistol, or I could full attack with a laser rifle. What are some useful things I can do with a 1-handed weapon?

Besides fire elemental, magmins, and salamanders, what other creatures might be used as minions by an street? My group is going to fight several efreet in a huge floating tower from the elemental plane of fire that has broken into the elemental plane of air and is serving as a base for marauding fire creatures. The characters are fighting them in return for wishes from a djinn to resurrect a characters dead family. I own all the bestoaries and also pfsrd so that's not an issue.

Dragons 4 when?

Rules Question: This is the first game I've ever play that is actually making it to a level where Prestige Classes become relevant, downtime is also abundant so retraining is something that gets done a lot with the group.

Assuming I meet the requirements for a PrC, can I just keep retraining my base class levels into PrC levels assuming I keep the required skill ranks?

I'll still hang out with you, Swiggity Sweagle

There is one concept i wanna try....

Can you post the full of this image? i lost my copy.

I did, thank you. Had a very enjoyable session, though the weather meant I couldn't go outside often. What sort of thoughts have you been entertaining? Any you can share?

What class you thinkin?

Whenever I need to ask Veeky Forums a question I just google something cute anime girl related, this was just the first one I found.

No.

I just fudge the rolls in the PCs favor. After they get used to their new characters and my rules, I'll stop.

The Hidden Blade/Wizard gestalt changed to a Kensai/Evoker, and I don't know what the Bard/Rogue and Ranger/Druid are changing to.

Because of this, testing is pointless.

Why does everyone think you have to dress sci-fi in Starfinder?

Heck, modern-day outfits work too and a lot of the light armors are basically just underwear or secretly reinforced regular clothes.

Mechanic! I want to play a greaser girl!

>There is one concept i wanna try....

What do we know about augmentations, anyway? How viable is the absurdly busty torso-MEC?

>There is one concept i wanna try....
Go on...

What set you up against such unpleasant creatures? Will you have the opportunity to take the feat soon, or have you devised a new means of attack?

Dressing modern is actually something I look forward to

Found it!

Quad amputee uses a cyberware to pilot a big 12 foot suit to be walking tank.

Nice. Nice. She thicc?

Unfortunately my interpretation of "sci fi outfits" is "everyone wears napoleonic naval officer uniforms, in space"

bout as thicc as a torso can get.

>Quad amputee uses a cyberware to pilot a big 12 foot suit to be walking tank.

Again, you might want to check out how Augmentations work to make absolutely sure you're absurdly busty MEC girl is viable at low/mid starts!

I can work with this.

This is also my jam.

and here's another, cause i'm a nice guy.

>My group doesn't like learning new things and I just taught them a game a few months ago 5e
>I can try to teach an old dog new tricks and introduce them to starfinder, or just learn it myself and join another online group

Good stuff, man.

>Abadar
>Angradd
>Ragathiel
>Lissala
>Talavet

Shall these become the new fingers of the Claw? Reforged in wire and steel, a crusade above nations.

Nicoleships is the tumblr last i checked.

For one of them, going to a big banquet put on by a duke, and commissioning some magical armor, and all the little conversations that both of those will entail.
For another, thoughts of retirement and love, though that isn't for any /pfg/ game or even Pathfinder at all!

>all these thicc QTs
looks like the tumblr to me. thanks, dude.

Wait
Wait
Fucking LISSALA is back?

An excuse to have everyone in spandex or revealing clothing.

So modern then

Funny, I thought /pgg/ had different plans.

Plumbing the depths of ancient ruins in search of mysterious corrupting artifacts. Evidently, the holder of this particular artifact is enlisting some truly bizarre help. The feat will be a ways off unfortunately, and I'm going to figure out ways to cope in the meantime. The method of attack so far is "cross fingers the buffs will keep my allies alive, then kill it in 4 turns instead of 1", which is working far better than it has any right to. Unoptimized parties are a hell of a drug.

Realizing you fucked up some homebrew and it's too late to fix it is a worse drug.

Not only is she back, but she's the Goddess of the Azlanti Star Empire!

She's the patron of the new Azlanti Star Empire

Yes, but also functional for adventuring.

Fuck, those cultists were bad news before.
Like, seriously bad news. How sinister is the Star Empire's write-up?
Also, Lissala had an awesome aesthetic. Winged Serpent Seven-Pointed Star Lady? Super neat.

I wonder how hard it's going to be to run Starfinder in the EVE universe.

>The players must transport several tons of algae to a station in the Derelik region before their life support gives out. The catch is that the station is 9 jumps deep into Low-Sec.
>What is the secret of the SOE?
>Players are hired to scan some anomalies in J-Space (wormhole). What could go wrong?
>The Players are caught in the crossfire between two warring null-sec corporations(or alliances) and carry information that could change face of null-sec forever.
>Sansha desires to expand his boarders. Have a nice day :)

Best option is unnecessarily tight spandex with armor bits on excursions, coupled with strict dress codes everywhere except enlisteds' quarters

And the officer's quarters?

4 out of my 5 players failed to show up to our Saturday Roll20 game. One of them gave me notice the day before, one gave me notice 20 minutes before start time, and the other two didn't give me any notice at all.

Also, I kicked the player who had missed three sessions in a row. She didn't fit in with the rest of the group or the tone of the game, but it was the absenteeism that hammered the coffin shut.

... in officer's quarters unbuttoning may be permitted

>How sinister is the Star Empire's write-up?

They're basically the Veskarium only with Humans, they're an expansionist Human Supremacist Empire formed when interstellar colonists from Azlant were cut off from the continent after Earthfall.

They're pretty much The Galactic Empire from Star Wars.

As long as you have all requirements from class levels before taking the first prestige level? So the first 5 or so are untouchable.