Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/ - Confused Bretonnian Knight Edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Last thread: Sorry in advance if I cocked the general up, phone poastan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xCENkwPiuU0
youtube.com/watch?v=HiqmZLOaD8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>phone posting

Here what Night's Dark Masters says on the matter of Vlad and Vash following Vashanesh dying atbthe hands of Alcadizaar:

>Of Vashanesh, there was no sign. Yet, he did not die and centuries later he was discovered by the Strigoi in his remote fortress in Kislev-then he vanishes from records again...

>Then, two thousand years after the betrayal of Nagash, a figure appeared in Syvlania, calling himself Prince Vladimir von Carstein, and he claimed to be the heir of Vashanesh. For some, the pretence was obvious: this was Vashanesh wearing borrowed robes. Others swore that something was different, something greatly changed from the Vashanesh that they knew.

>For his part, Prince Vladimir never spoke of his past nor used any other name. If he ever was Vashanesh, he was no longer.

So, there you have it. Some people think hes the same guy. Others say he's way too different to be the same guy. No one knows, it's unresolved because resolving shit like that is End Times cancer. Its much better left open, because it allows so much more room for creativity.

I'm enjoying my current Bordelaux game for two reasons:

The undead are actually being worthwhile. Mousilion fell fast, but the Vampire Counts and Vlad are both carving a swath out of the southern and mid-Empire. Somehow the Templehofs are still around, but I doubt that will last for long. I haven't seen them work this well in a good few games.

And I don't know what happened, but the Empire is gone, along with Wissenland. Completely and totally, nothing but ruins. I don't even know what fucked them up, I couldn't see. But Nordland took Marienburg, and now has started expanding down into the ruined territories, taking Altdorf and a few other areas. Ulric's back on the rise, motherfuckers. It's the Empire of the White Wolf now.

Malekith did nothing wrong.

I will not and cannot accept this lore. It makes Malekith's stupidly long time trying to retake Ulthuan even stupider considering he had a god watching over him, it makes the Phoenix Kings all illegitimate - all of them, no exception - which takes away what good traits about half of them had, it calls into doubt at least half of the High Elf institutions like the Pheonix Guard, and it makes Asuryan look like a complete, irredeemable jackass that fucked over both Dark Elves and High Elves - the former by letting them get exiled to Naggaroth, and the latter by making all their kings doomed to die, and never letting either side know 'hey I like this guy make him king.' It's like Lileath said that she was gonna fuck over an entire race and their beliefs, and Asuryan told Vaul to hold his beer.

Also I guess it makes Finubar a jerk for not telling anyone that Malekith is the rightful Pheonix King, because why wouldn't he do that if he's the only one to figure it out, suicide isn't the only option. And did Isha agree to this? 'Oh hey, let all these not-Phoenix kings knock up my earthly representatives over and over, I'm fine with that.'

Why are slayers so sexy?

>'Oh hey, let all these not-Phoenix kings knock up my earthly representatives over and over, I'm fine with that.'
She ignored high elves and became Ariel.

Manly naked bearded dudes are sexy.

Did everyone on the End Times team have a deep, intense hatred for the High Elves? Ouch.

Nice digits. I guess High Elves endure most of beating because they are nicest people, same as Dwarfs an Empire.

There are probably three women in the history of our world that masturbated to dwarves.

>High Elf institutions like the Pheonix Guard

They knew that Malekith was the rightful king but they cannot speak about it. Malekith had to prove himself worthy before serving him.

> and never letting either side know 'hey I like this guy make him king.

He is fantasy Zeus. Also when they were turned into mortal demigods by Chaos, Khaine assassinated him leaving him as just a spirit. He couldn't do anything directly.

>Also I guess it makes Finubar a jerk for not telling anyone that Malekith is the rightful Pheonix King, because why wouldn't he do that if he's the only one to figure it out, suicide isn't the only option.

Finnbar guilt and meekness made him look himself away. He didn't commit suicide. Malekith murdered him after gloating and calling him a cuck literally. Did you miss the part when Malekith returns to his capital he was in a good mood and had blood all over his gauntlets?

>And did Isha agree to this? 'Oh hey

Isha is Ariel. She had no idea what was going on. The Everqueens are pretenders. It's just some hollow tradition that really has nothing to with Isha.

My current WFRP campaign:

>Human Apprentice Wizard, just picked up a chaos grimoire and a sliver of warpstone from the end of For Love or Money and has only the vaguest idea of how bad that is
>Human Roadwarden, barely focused on the game and only shows up half the time. Her horse has done more than her since the campaign started
>Kithband Warrior, crack shot with a bow. 1 IP away from picking up a mental illness
>Dwarf Seaman, lost his hand on session 2 and got it replaced with a hook. Currently regretting his choice of career since the campaign has mostly been set it Talabecland. Also wants to help reclaim Zhufbar, even if he has to have a solo session to do it
>Elf Thief, hasn't done much of note but his player is pretty good for a new guy
>I'm currently funneling the party north to Talabheim to run the Terror in Talabheim campaign, but they have some hooks to go elsewhere if they want
>Probably gonna run them through Rough Night at the Three Feathers and have them deal with an orc raid led by a warboss they dodged in the first session before they make it to the capital

I made the mistake of not having a session zero so the racial balance is out of whack but so far things are going pretty good considering I'm the only person at the table who knows much of anything about Warhammer. The big questions are how do I manage a slow burn of corruption to fuck up the wizard while still giving him an opportunity to get out before he's too far gone? How does insanity effect elves? How do I work in excuses for the Dwarf to use his sailing skills when the largest body of water he's likely to see for a while is the River Talagaad?

Does it mean Malekith was married to Isha's sister?

The sister of Isha's host body.

Screw you Malecucks, Finubar was a good boy who decided to make much allies and trade, who also helped during the great war against chaos.
And what good did Malekith do for the elven race?

I see.

He made pic related priestess of state religion.

End times lore does not exist. Either accept it in your headcanon or don't, but do not spew that shit here

Malekith is a chaos worshipper

So he invited even more waifufags that couldn't give a shit about elves otherwise. Goddamn it Malekith.

>reclaim zuhfbar
Zuhfbar is not a lost hold

Also
>choosing a career
Disgusting

I bet you don't even rape your human captives and instead hold hands with them.

He committed the ultimate sin. He became a cuckold.

>‘Alarielle has borne only my child, Aliathra.’

>‘Save your lies– you know that she is not yours. What a noble spirit Tyrion must be. To cuckold the Phoenix King and sire the next Everqueen? That must be why you never named him as successor, but always spoke well of Imrik though the prince of Caledor despises you for the most part.’ Malekith was guessing much of this, but he enjoyed the look of pain that twisted Finubar’s face as each accusation was made and took it as further proof. ‘It gnaws at your heart, doesn’t it? To think that the Dragon of Cothique is lauded so highly when in truth he is nothing more than an adolescent, getting into fights and bedding your wife. Even you, noblest and most worthy of all the princes, even you cannot swallow that shame and accept that failure in your heart.’

>‘Many times has the marriage and consummation between the Phoenix King and Everqueen been purely… ceremonial.’

>‘More sham, more guilt?’

>Finubar bowed his head, averting his gaze. He mumbled something that Malekith did not quite hear.

>‘Was that an apology or a prayer?’ said the Witch King. ‘Neither will be heard.’

What a fucking beta male.

Is the main use for chaos warhounds in the 8th edition to take them in units of 5 and use them as speedbumps?

>Zhufbar isn't a lost hold
It is according to an NPC in For Love or Money.

>Choosing careers
I had them roll five times and pick the one they liked most.

That NPC is wrong. Nowhere in any other lore, official or not, is Zuhfbar a lost hold

>Wait a sec, if Throgg and Wuffrik can ursup the postion of Everchosen from Archaeon, does that mean the whole prophecy by the autistic demon-ghost and the four loser gods was a load of hogwash? They lied to Archaeon?!

Prophecy is a serpent with no tail. Even one that wasn't a false vision might be misinterpreted. Imagine the glee of the Four when Archaon realized he was nothing but fodder to set up someone better, and his entire childish tantrum had not been fated by anything but his own myopic world view.

How does the Skaven economy work? How many warpstone tokens does a meal cost? Do they pay for meals? Does a Grey Seer pay like everyone else?

>how does skaven economy work?
If you get it before anyone else it's yours, until somebody kills you for it

Wasn't Alarielle already pregnant before Finubar had the month with her?
If you really think about it then that makes Tyrion the cuckhold in this situation since his lover had to have a month with another man

>>Wait a sec, if Throgg and Wuffrik can ursup the postion of Everchosen from Archaeon, does that mean the whole prophecy by the autistic demon-ghost and the four loser gods was a load of hogwash? They lied to Archaeon?!

No, it's not. Archaon has died many times. Aborted as a baby, eaten by wolves as a child, poisoned, possessed, crushed, cut in half, etc etc. Each time, his Father-in-Shadow, reset the timeline to allow Archaon to proceed.

So, my dear boy, you can usurp Archaon in your playthrough, but the moment you finish or stop your playthrough, Be'lakor will reset the timeline.

Sigmar helped Alaric the Mad reclaim Zhufbar before he fucked off to the mountains. It's the whole reason Runefangs exist in the first place.

I think For Love or Money is an older scenario that got ported to 2e so either the lore is dated or the NPC is lying, I ran it like four hours ago and I'm pretty sure it didn't mention the dwarf is lying, just that going to Zhufbar would essentially mean getting the PCs involved in a hopeless siege.

>Tyrion the cuckhold in this situation since his lover had to have a month with another man

I highly doubt she would have allowed meek Finn to touch her after she allowed Tyrion to ravish her. Also having sex with pregnant women is a bad idea. It might hurt the baby.

>AoS lore

Back to your general, bad taste-kun.

Also if I remember right, Finubar already had sons by that time. Not sure if Tyrion stripped him of the love of his life. More than anything, it's how he violated the sacred rules and all which should genuinely bother Finubar and put him in a delicate situation

>Aborted as a baby, eaten by wolves as a child, poisoned, possessed, crushed, cut in half, etc etc
What a jobber.

Then how do you pay for certain services? I doubt you have to murder the master moulder every time you want a rat ogre.

Well good luck then because Zuhfbar is the home of the guild of engineers
Maybe the adventure git the name wrong. Karak Varn is a lost hold very close to zuhfbar

>How does the Skaven economy work?

Guild based mercantilism, with the agrarian class all being slaves along with much of the labor class. It seems there is some guaranteed basic sustenance, but it is very paltry and supplemented by forage and cannibalism.

A Grey Seer could conceivably take whatever he wanted, but practically must pay for things from more powerful Clans. Food is guaranteed, even at his lowest no one dared starve Thanquol, for example.

The Archaon novel came out years before AoS.

With warpstones or slaves.Or whatever shiny thing you managed to steal/take from the battlefield.
A strong enough skaven would probably enslave some of his fellow clanrats and sell them to some stronger skaven for some warpstone

can bois become brides of khaine? asking for a friend ofc

Get that weak rick&morty dimension hopping shit out of here

I don't think so since Khaine isn't gay

That makes enough sense.

Was there ever a list of things and how much they cost in skaven lore? Is it as simple as 1 warpstone token = 1 slave?

Uh, is that meant to be Gaston from that live action Beauty and the Beast?

Dude is a hunter from a small french village, armed with a blunderbuss, which would explain my confusion.

It makes me sad that the only way I could successfully play a Total War game is by having some sort of cheat that gave me infinite resources

None, unfortunately, as far as I know. Now, Children of the Horned Rat has many prices in tokens, but this IS an RPG economy, so caveat emptor. The only other references I can recall are from Thanquol, who unhelpful points out that most of what he buys or bribes cost 'many' tokens.

As far as I can tell the skaven have no central bank and each clan will mint their money out of the warpstone they find.

Do you mean a bride (male)? Because that's inconclusive but unlikely, Khaine doesn't seem to like boy butts.

Men is a definite no. Into the blood cauldron they go.

Dunno, I don't really watch thses shows.
Warhammer does have it's version of the beast from Beauty and the Beast...

>Also having sex with pregnant women is a bad idea. It might hurt the baby
You're being ironic right. you aren't actually this ignorant.

>Firet Underempire Bank

There's a hell of an idea.

but they allow males to become disciples or assassins or raiders or reavers or crossbowmen or blackguards and what else there are
surely there is some specific profession where druchii males are barely clothed?

First*

Phone posting is bad kids.

There is no economy. All skaven trade is based on completely arbitrary judgements like how much the other rat likes you, how good is the relation between your clans and how high is the chance to scam you and get away with it

>Needs LITERAL IN-UNIVERSE RETCONS to save his dumb ass time and time again
What a fucking failure, even Abaddon the Armless is less pathetic than that

>surely there is some specific profession where druchii males are barely clothed?
Doomfire warlocks.

Good skaven, give-give warptokens to us for safe-safe storage, heh heh heh...

>skaven are so untrustworthy they manage their banks using slaves, who all hate and fear warpstone

That shit makes no sense. Not even the gods can manipulate time yet belakor can?

This has no reason to exist and, in fact, does not exist

Be'lakor hangs around Abaddon too , and he was instrumental in Abaddon's rise towards being Warmaster and Chaos Ascendant.

Glass houses and stones, you know. In the end, all is Be'lakor and Be'lakor is all.

Actually, Tzeentch is often called the Master of the Timestream.

There is one thing that we know for sure doesn't exist. Solkan

Your husbando is shit

Jesus even Abadon, as much a failure as he is, didn't need his daddy to retcon the in-universe events in order to even SURVIVE

>Fucking animals
>Not sending them to mines or forcing them to farm

>‘My father?’

>‘Is Be’lakor, of course,’ the Changeling’s cackle became a howling laugh. Archaon surged forwards and landed a heavy kick in the creature’s midriff with an armoured boot. The impact smashed the daemon back, sending it tumbling through the black snow. Archaon stomped after it, standing over its broken form. The Changeling did not get up. It coughed. It wheezed. It choked and spat daemon blood from the recesses of its shroud. The blood sizzled on the ice.

>‘The passion of the present will not undo the painful truths of the past,’ the Changeling told him.

>‘Be’lakor.’

>‘You are his, chosen one,’ the thing coughed. ‘Did you not question, not for once, what you have achieved and how you could have achieved it? Out of the thousands, nay millions of lowly creatures of this world that ache for the power to challenge their stars and change their fate, why should it have been you? Why should you have risen from obscurity? Why should you be the chosen, the Everchosen of Chaos? The Herald of the Apocalypse… the Lord of the End Times?’

>‘Then I am…’

>‘Nothing… something… everything,’ the Changeling hissed from within its hood. ‘Like me, like all who serve the powers of light and the powers of darkness, you will be what you are needed to be. Have no doubt, though, Archaon of the distant Empire. You are blessed with daemon lineage. You are the son of a prince, chosen one– which in some corners of this foetid world would make you a prince in your own right. You are special not just because of what you made of yourself and your circumstances. Look at you. You stand where no mortal man has stood before. You are undoubtedly an indomitable soul. You are also special because of what others made of you and the circumstances of their own. Principally, your father-in-shadow.’

continued....

That's the point. Archaon is not special. He is just a man. One guy outta of thousands of the Be'lakorspawn. He is special because Be'lakor decided he should be special. Archaon was nothing but a pawn to Be'lakor but when Be'lakor guided Archaon to the end of the table things got out of hand. Be'lakor underestimated the depths of human evil and madness despite being the guy who inspired it. It's hyper poetic!

Anyways Be'lakor is here to remove the mary sue status from characters and make them believable.

And Abaddon is next in line.

This only proves further how the entire bel'akor shtick is basically a powerfantasy

Demons cannot have children. They are not real

Gaston would make a suitable Empire-based special character/hero, specifically an anti-beastmen themed deal, armed with his hunting gun & knife.

He would be at the head of the unit of 'villagers' represented by something like Free Company Militia, due to his charisma while he was leading them they would be unbreakable and would also gain Hatred towards beastmen units.
The unit would have a musician represented by that short friend/hypeman of his.

I guess if you wanted to make him a Bretonnian character instead he could switch the hunting gun for a hunting bow, and lead a unit of peasants instead of an empire free company.

youtube.com/watch?v=xCENkwPiuU0

Actually, there are many mentions of daemons fathering children. The twin sorcerers in Gotrek novels, IIRC, were daemonspawn. A relationship between a Great Unclean One and a witch spawned one of the Nurgle characters of the End Times. And many more besides.

Daemons can do anything. Creating sperm or inducing pregnancy should be beyond them.

>Daemons can do anything
They can't kill this guy.

While he picks them off with the most primitive of weapons.

>end times
Does not exist

>gotrek novels
The ones tied to end times?

‘Then you have held your glass to the infernal prince I seek,’ Archaon said, circling the prostrate monstrosity with his sword as snowfall gathered about the daemon.

>‘I have studied him.’

>‘Why, darknid thing? Speak and live to hold your mirror again.’

>‘It pleases my master…’ the Changeling told him. ‘…the great Lord Tzeentch, to have the Dark Master’s ambitions frustrated.’

>‘And so you impersonate Be’lakor, his form, his fortress.’

>‘To god-pleasing perfection.’

>‘You are a twisted thing, Changeling,’ Archaon told the daemon, ‘on a crooked path to nowhere.’

>‘It is my fate,’ it told him. ‘It is the fate of all the Great Changer’s servants.’

---------
>‘You have studied Be’lakor?’

>‘As I have studied all whose flesh I assume,’ the Changeling said. ‘As I have studied you, Archaon, whose boundless ambition surpasses even your ageless father-in-shadow.’

That was the Changeling!

>open
>wearing the same damn ring he left with

It flat out says they saw through the ruse, but some people thought he had changed. He is the same guy.

We know he's a lie. There is a difference.

>Belakor spam again
Another thread racing to autosage because of this autist. Please ignore.

According to Gav, the chaos gods might not care about Archaon at all.

Threadly reminder that elitism ruins generals.

>Black Library

Importing Disney characters into Warhammer seems like it could be an amusing passtime. I mean something like Aladdin gives you a chance to add a whole lot of life to Araby so easily.

>according to gav
Worthless opinion
>elitism ruins generals
Your opinion is shit and end times content ruined these generals a long time ago

Didn't they publish the Gotrek novels?

Actually, didn't they publish all the novels?

King G&F

Black Library novels pass only if they're written by people who write the game books as well. Bill belongs to this group.

>The ones tied to end times?

In fact, the ones predating the Storm of Chaos.

See By all means, you should start a thread to debate the various merits of different sources of lore.

Well since Gashnag is a border prince then maybe Gaston could also be one, a ruler of a small, neighboring hamlet who was in love with a maiden, but she heard about the black prince(Gashnag)/ he kidnapped her father and she went after him while Gaston wants to chalange Gashnag and save his mistress/take over his land

Elitism is what this general needs

Sorry but a freelancer's ideas don't matter.

youtube.com/watch?v=HiqmZLOaD8o

Cathay too

The Archaon novel collection was used to promote WHTW and it was included into that game's canon. I bought it even.

Instead of huns would it be kurgans or hob-goblin khanate?

Total Warhammer matters even less than Black Library.

The Hung.

We make deal, yes?

Not in this discussion reply chain because the implication of a playthrough in Norsca TW is what being discussed.

why doesnt the Empire accept more Hung refugees fleeing from the Chaos invaders?

What is it with these anime elves? Everybody else is posting on-topic pictures.