Wizard Ages

What's the perfect age range for a sufficiently powerful wizard? Not too young but not too old.

This is all relevant to setting I'm working on with magic largely being determined by knowledge and experience.

Chronologically in his nineties or eighties, but because of his arcane knowledge he can do a thousand little things (like eating a certain vegetable in every meal) to keep his biological age range within the fifties.

One of the things that keeps you young when you channel magic powers on a regular basis is no fapping and no sex. Ever. Is it worth it? Would you do it?

Sufficiently powerful as?
60-70 prolly

How old were Chris and Ian while filming LotR?

Cause its around there

Lee was in his late seventies

McKellen, early sixties

Well there you. Seems a wizard at 30, master wizard at 60

Anywhere from late twenties/early thirties to arguably eternal.

how sufficiently power are you talking about?

if "magic artillery" standards then 30-40
if "war god" standards then 60-70

Whatever you want it to be, because wizards don't exist and you have creative freedom.

Grow a pair and stop asking others to make decisions for you.

Doesn't matter after turning yourself to immortal Loli.

A few hundred. No more, than 500. That's when you start losing it.

>what do you mean I can't play as my fursona?
>this is a fantasy setting, I should be able to do whatever I want

40, but makes himself look 60+ because he thinks no one takes non-senior citizen wizards seriously

A sufficiently powerful wizard is however old they feel like being.

Woah, aren't you a grade A cunt.

In my homebrow you can either use dangerous experimental or pact magic and be fairly young or be a typical wizard and only really start being powerful in your 70s. Was always bothered by other systems having them start out in their 20s.

No one said you can't be furfag, this is a fantasy setting and you can do whatever you want.

I feel like shitty mages start out at like 20s. I mean apprentices started as children, being a simple mage at 20 seems probable.

Unless you're into trash anime, young wizards suck donkey boners. It's thematically annoying.

depends on what they take their first level in.

I said their shit. And it's just as retarded to have someone do nothing their entire life and then become a powerful mage when they hit 70 without spending the last 50 years practicing magic.

That's not how it works, weeaboo scumbag.

"Limitless power" and "eternal life" gel nicely.

There is no 'too old'
There is only 'too young'

The older the wizard the more powerful he is