/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Could a vampire eat blood pudding?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

theonyxpath.com/just-another-manic-monday-monday-meeting-notes/
youtube.com/watch?v=WCi_s-vKNBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably

But enough of this! Let us continue to figure out the Brotherhood of Nod Endowments!

FOR KANE!

>no new question
Shiggy diggy.

What's the character of the most obnoxious player you ever played with?

Ooops I forgot to change the question! MY BAD!

New thread question!

STAT OUT A NAZI EXPERIMENT GONE WRONG! A PROMETHEAN CREATED FROM WEREWOLF PARTS!

>Shiggy diggy.
What were you expecting when the OP pic was a literal Nazi Werewolf?

Doesn't the core book say that a Promethean won't get any bonuses at all if it's made out of a supernatural creature?

How is Beast like Jojo in any way?

And new monday meeting notes

Sorry, I don't cry /pol/ at every little thing.

No one sees beast powers in effect. Plus the 'soul' can just stand in as your aura acting as a stand

Geist is closer.

Sidenote: I'm not really sure how Endowments work.

Would the Marked of Kane and the Black Hand get exclusive Endowments compared to the regular Brotherhood members?

How do Tremere ping on Mage Sight? Does Life/Death Mage Sight gives out their "souless undead" nature immediately? If yes - how do they manage to stay alive?

true. Geist + Beast = JoJo Chronicle

youtube.com/watch?v=WCi_s-vKNBI

Tell me you wouldn't play the shit out of this

>what is veiling?

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that the theme won't make for an interesting character.

What? Tremere aren't undead, just soulless. Stop giving out false news.

And I imagine it is important for them to have some sort of shielding up against someone checking them with mage sight, which probably isn't uncommon among paranoid mages.

There are no negative consequences to being a beast, you are in essence a hero with powers. But you are cursed to always have an arch villain/adversary. Yeah, I can see the jojo aspect right there.

Oh fuck. Leif Jones's garbage is back.

>Leif Jones
who?

Soul Marks would probably out them if it succeeded on a Clash against whatever Veiling spell they had up.

Don't you lose your soul?

/cofd/, thinking of running sundered world with the possibility of more crossover (even if only for antagonists).

I have an easy time imagining how the loose canon of vampires could lead to kindred-like creatures already existing. I've opted out of having angels (either sort) and demons back in 5000+ bce. The mummies literally haven't been buried yet if I am right.

But what about beasts? What do you think they are up to in 5k bce? Is the Dark Mother still the root of all non-spirit spooky monsters?

I mean, poking that far past someone's veiling spell would probably get you beat up by any mage strong enough to he a tremere, lich or not.

Souls aren't worth much in CofD, if I'm not mistaken. The worst that happens to a Beast is that they might get stuck with a fucked up Hunger that makes them a bigger target for Heroes and makes other Beasts go shiggy diggy, but that's not always a given. Dicking over someone else to advance your career can be a Hunger. Stealing sentimental objects can be a Hunger. Baiting big bad men in bars to put their hands on you so you can show them your grrrl power can be a Hunger. Faking your own death and leaving someone guilt ridden at "failing" to save you can be a Hunger. Leaving 'privileged' assholes who comes into your cab in bad neighborhoods where they'll be mugged or worse can be a Hunger.

I'm not making these up. These are fluff examples I remember from the book.

>But what about beasts? What do you think they are up to in 5k bce? Is the Dark Mother still the root of all non-spirit spooky monsters?
I reckon that there wouldn't be as much of a divide between Begotten and Insatiables and heroes would be fucking crazy.

Other than that no idea.

That has no effect in play whatsoever. It's ornamental text.

>Legacy
nah you transform your soul into a soul sucking monster to get around the paradox paradox. other mages can do it too, but the legacy gets rid of the dispel magic problem.

replyed to the wrong one

Depends. Yeah if you did break their spell they would probably try to kill you, but on the other hand you did break their spell so you're likely to be on roughly equal Gnosis terms and have at least Death or Prime over them. But killing you would be a last resort.

If you don't break it they'll probably get out of dodge asap, if they can.

Having a Legacy doesn't really transform your soul all that much. The way the text describes it now, a Legacy shapes the container of your soul, like a pitcher is to water. This way you won't lose you Legacy if your soul is stolen and you get a new one, but your soul is flavored by the container, so people who steal your soul can learn your Legacy from it.

You, as you are right now, get flung into the World of Darkness. What do you do?

Okay, but Mage Sight still gives out "soulless" part?

Find a shirt that isn't covered in dog hair and shorts that don't smell like jizz. Also get some shoes, probably.

Probably nothing much.

Just go back to shitposting on Veeky Forums.

Depends on what kind of Mage Sight. They reveal different things.

Become a Hero and shoot Beasts

Since souls consists out of five subtle Arcana, shouldn't any subtle Arcana Mage Sight give out the "soulless" part?

same net effect. The thing that is you is forever transformed whether that is soul or gnosis is material for another discussion

Which five?

Subtle ones: Fate, Death, Spirit, Prime and Mind.

Fate, Death, Prime, Mind and Spirit.
Kind of like the five Pillars from Mummy.

New Monday Meeting Notes

Also Beast character concept.
Hacker who creates ransomware and doesn't recover victims's files when they pay.
He teaches lesson of always backing your shit up.
What do you think?

You forget that Tremere wear stolen souls and steal their auras. Mage Sight should reveal soulless condition of lich who isn't wearing any soul now, but the rest look like perfectly normal mages. The only difference may be that Tremere may wear Sleeper soul and have it's aura, while his soul should be an Awakened one and have difference in the aura. But you wouldn't see that without checking out the aura, and Tremere can just hide his own.

Reading through 2e Mage Sight, I would say Active Death Mage Sight would give it away, and for any of the other four it would take Focused Mage Sight if it's true that souls consist of all five subtle Arcana.

Yes I would like to kill him so it's a preddy gud beast concept

>if it's true that souls consist of all five subtle Arcana
>Souls are insubstantial constructs, wholly invisible except to Death Sight when properly integrated into a person, and visible as vague humanoid auras in the Mage Sight of the five subtle Arcana when removed from a host.
Yeah, looks like you are on spot.

Hello Task force Valkyrie. How are you today?

If angels and demons revolve around the God-Machine instead of a true Supreme Being does that retcon the bible? Because in this universe I thought a lot of the bible was true and that God was real since he turned Cain into the first vampire.

You're getting your versions mixed up.

Cain and Abrahamic God were part of oWoD and Masquerade.

Angels, Demons and the GM are part of CofD and the GMC.

What this guy said

owod was all about their is no man at the wheel of reality. There is no greater plan. God has abandoned his creation

Cod is all about "The man at the wheel is FUCKING NUTS and we're all going to die IF we're lucky"

God-Mahcine = CofD
God = WoD.

>Find a Pentacle Mage
>Get him to cast Stealing Fire on me
>Don't actually witness any magic (a safeguard against possible memory loss if dispellation happens), instead become Astral Adept
>By becoming an Astral Adept, you get an innate ability that requires you to be at least a Sleepwalker, therefore it's an ability that makes you a Sleepwalker for real, Stealing Fire no longer necessary
>This method takes longer to get results (three dots vs. one for the Merit, but is by far more gentle than getting prerequisites for Fitful Slumber
>While keeping my nose down, I obsessively dive into my own soul (while trying to obtain Time spells, or ideally Artifacts like the Orb of Swift Dreaming to speed up my dreamquests relative to the real world from Mages in exchange for services, such as holding spells for them)
>With brutal effectiveness and speed and with the help of my Daimon eliminate EVERY SINGLE FLAW IN MY SOUL
>While I may not be able to see it (or maybe I might in my Oneiros), I get a ton of normal *and* Arcane XP (Forge Purpose is a wonderful spell) in a relatively short amount of time
>I strive to improve myself to the limits of human capability and ideally beyond by eventually becoming a Proximus and full Awakened
>Likely Awaken eventually through the sheer force of my Obsession and Will
>Already be an über powerful Willworker from the start
>Do things
>Topple Exarchs, destroy the Abyss, establish Hieraconis

Tiberium Enhancement

You're mixing up game lines, also the bible isn't cannon to owod, it just uses similar characters.

Objectively Correct Venue Ranking

GOD TIER
Wraith
Apocalypse

GOOD TIER
Requiem
Hunter: The Vigil
Lost
Promethean

ALRIGHT TIER
Masquerade
Geist
Hunter: Reckoning
Demon: The Descent

LITERALLY WHO? TIER
Mummy
Demon: The Fallen

BAD TIER
Forsaken
Vampire: The Masquerade - Sabbat
Changeling: The Dreaming
Mortals

KILL YOURSELF MY MAN TIER
Mage
Beast
Fanmade Venues

>Find a Pentacle Mage
Pretty hard to do. Its not like they advertise themselves of anything.
>Get him to cast Stealing Fire on me
With you knowledge of the setting, that could work. More likely, he just takes what he wants from you with Mind magic.
>instead become Astral Adept
How do you become an Astral Adept?

Naw. Vampires just have a lot of possible mythology. Most of it probably wrong.

But the GM doesn't say the bible isn't true (the existence of spirit gods and exarchs says that). The GM took the trappings of the world it squeezed into.

Angels are like spirits because it hijacked spirit blueprints. It may have stolen the design and terminology from some previous true angels/demons. Plus, there is a supernal realm that seems to have angels in it, so the logos of angels existed.

So like all things, who knows what is true.

Terrible list, only mildly redeemed by putting Vigil that high.

>God Tier
>Apocalypse
go back to your hippie commune, you piece of furry shit

Mortals can be pretty fun. You are the ultimate underdog, trying to survive in a world full of nasties.

Found the butt hurt magefag

>t. mage fanboys

Now, now, don't shit your flame-embroidered pants, you might ruin your trenchcoat. And how will you self-insert yourself into your mage character with a shitty trenchcoat?

Nah senpai, i'm a Hunterfag.

>Pretty hard to do. Its not like they advertise themselves of anything.
I thought there was that one Obrimos who Advertised in the "W's" of the phonebook.

>Leif Jones
>who?

An artist. Most of his works are usually not held in very high esteem amongst people on these forums, myself included.

The reason being that Leif Jones' characters all tend to be a bit on the "inhuman" side. As in, they all look a bit like an alien trying to fit inside a human's skin.

Now that's a great thing to include if you're trying to make art of something like the Nosferatu or the Tzimisce (as two basic examples), who are meant to be Uncanny Valley (or obvious monsters), but not so much when they're supposed to be representations of regular humans.

I disagree with the werewolf placements. but I can agree to plenty of good points 8/10 would meme again

>Wraith
The edgiest edge to ever edge in the world of edge.
>Apocalypse
Furfags plz go.

I Am An Angsty Teenager And I Only Like Playing Mage Self-Inserts: The Post

I miss back when the NWOD was, well, the NWOD and modular. Now it fell into the same problems the OWOD fell into.

He's got a few screws loose. I hear he means well, but I wouldn't let him cast on me or anything.

>More likely, he just takes what he wants from you with Mind magic.
If you offer things like holding (if still naturally a Sleeper, than by you undetectable) spells for him, you could become useful enough. There are tons of Sleepwalkers and Proximi serving the Orders.
>How do you become an Astral Adept?
Considering it's called Astral *Adept* and it's about an attunement with your Soul, it's likely done through a sort of conditioning. It's never been really stated by developers or in books, as far as I know.
If the worst happens, I would just have to do with Fitful Slumber, or even with just Stealing Fire. Being a true Sleepwalker would be a more stable state, but direct effects of spells like Forge Purpose are technically not detectable by you, so Dissonance or Quiescence woudn't happen. The same goes for Stealing Fire.

Jeez, what an edgy goth-fag, not liking the based God Machine and all these based chronicles. Go yiff somewhere else, fag!

OWoD = NWoD >>>> CoD

>complains that his characters look inhuman
>posts a nigger
for what purpose

Changelings>Furfags. Go yiff somewhere else.

>Changeling>Werewolf
at what, being fujobait?

Wizards are naturally paranoid. If some random sleeper came up to him and asked to become a Sleepwalker, some mind investigation is definitely in order.

I Am An Angsty Teenager With Dyed Hair And A Tumblr That Says I'm Polygender: The Post

God being self contradictory is far cry from the 4thmalestorm sucking the world into not not void.

It's more why is the world shit? not this is how the world works. It's look behind the Wizard's curtain and the scam artist going -shrug- "I don't know"

>>Find a Pentacle Mage
>And immediately get killed for being a spy
So you're suicidal?

Nah. Just have it as a 5 dot status reward: Better gear.

I'd call their endowments passive attribute boosts more than anything. Sort of like the Ascending Ones, but with less careful alchemy and more "HEY GUYS LETS GO EAT SOME GLOWY ROCKS AND HOPE FOR THE BEST". Anyone can do it, but people with status learn how to shape the rocks they ingest properly.

Kane should still be a Purified, though. I mean, he dies almost every game.

>>Find a Pentacle Mage
>>Get him to cast...
i haven't even read mage and i already know this is a bad idea

A Pentacle Mage might find you if you're from another reality. You'd be a Mystery.

Can Supernaturals be ghouled in 2e? Or is it only vitae addiction?

Templates don't stack so no.

Mages can't and who cares about the others

At least one of their in-game things is pretty much a bastardized Rite of Return...that sometimes brings people hit with it back as robot zombies.

>Kane should still be a Purified, though. I mean, he dies almost every game.
>I mean, he dies almost every game.
What is this heresy!?

What said. Worse, you have probably read Imperial Mysteries, and know some highly valuable information.

This is why /wodg/ is a steaming pile of baby shit

>baby shit
no we hardly ever discuss Requiem

You just get an upgraded supersoul otherkin

We literally had an ideabouncing around last thread about an Elder (Most likely a Macellarius with Protean) who has to use Primordial Miasma to Feed on his own because he cannot fucking move.

Book suggests to use them as labour machines, point them at Pure territory or keep them off in the distance in case of other Pandorans wandering in.

Or, if you have a pandoran infestation, kill them.

>hey guys look at my fatass oc
this is why we don't talk about requiem

I miss when we had trolls who were subtle.

>All mage devolves into

Mage isn't WoD, it's a separate universe about superheroes fighting cosmic entities.

Honestly I kind of prefer their eastern blend. anyone got any news about it's third edition?

Changelings are otherkin at face value, otherkin are a subset of furry. Werewolves are an icon of horror. One of these is not like the other.

Furry is a subset of otherkin
Otherkin also includes angels and demons and fae.

Oi! You! Get off my fucking platform!