What if fantasy settings dealt with racial admixture in a realistic manner?

What if fantasy settings dealt with racial admixture in a realistic manner?

The Witcher already does though.

Either all the fantasy races would have interbred into a single, human -ish middle or they would have diversified so much they'd become different sub species and be unable to produce fertile offspring.

>Either all the fantasy races would have interbred into a single, human -ish middle

Wouldn't you have some pure areas and some mixed areas?

You mean just like humans have?

That's why different races can't produce offspring in my setting. Sub species of a same race are the way to go.

Well yeah look at what happened to all the other human species, we either killed them or bred with them.

>Carlos D. Bustamante
Also I'd race mix with her if you pick up what I am putting down

I prefer when they produce infertile "mules" more interesting story possibilities.

I'm sure it's expected that among fantasy humanoid races fertility of conception is limited, and the offspring is often infertile. Other systems might also have the child take primarily only one parent's race, like the mother's race usually being the outcome.

As a rule of thumb only elves end up diversifying in subspecies so hard, with settings like Elder Scrolls even having orcs as a natural type of elf

Its weird how elves always have a million sub species, wouldn't a long lifespan slow down evolution?

I go with naturally incapable of producing offspring, BUT many marriage ceremonies and rituals involve a plea to the God of Love that consecrates the union such that, even across species lines, offspring can be produced. Such offspring are always the same species as the mother, though the father may pass down some minor traits.

>there's no human race
>humans are just what happens when you have goblins, elves, dwarfs and orcs in the same area living for thousands of years

I like that, but I'm kind of tired of it. Tieflings and the like (except for dragonkin) are stilll a thing.

No, shhhh, don't use logic against liberals, it's like holy water and causes them to act even more insane.

Thats really interesting.
So are these blessed marriages rarely successful or is it a common spell or prayer that a local witch can pull off?

It's generally a ritual performed as part of the marriage ceremonies. Most of which are so old that it's hard to disentangle what's just ceremony from what has purpose. An actual spellcaster doesn't necessarily need to be involved.

True. I guess one way of making it a bit more logical is if the elven species in general has been around much longer than humans. That way it would give room for actual subspecies to pop up, and maybe even give a bit of reasoning as to certain elves that might have more technological and/or magical knowledge

It's not bait. We fucked Neanderthals into extinction.

sweet neanderpussy

I'd like her to share some of her DNA in my fantasy setting, if you know what I mean

No we didn't, they were dying out and interbred with us near their own extinction. Humanity was nowhere near large enough in numbers to actually challenge the breeding rate of another species at the time.

They would be trashed as hate speech and companies that published such material would be run out of business.

No go back to /pol/, little fisherman.

How about, instead of flinging shit everywhere, you both present well structured, peer reviewed, evidence from respectable sources?

I agree that my statement is simplistic, and that the actual situation was much closer to what you've said, but try to tell me that mine isn't hotter.

Both wrong. Just looked it up and they apparently died out because of pathogens introduced to their European climate from new humans moving into their territory.

No, we definitely fucked Neanderthals.

>t. a redpilled namefag

>peer reviewed

This is a meme

No
Shooooo

> Rather than absorption of the Neanderthal population, this gene flow appears to have been of limited duration and limited extent

I doubt humanity interbred with Neanderthals so much they went extinct, and the genome evidence supports this stance. It's a lot more likely that we introduced a new pathogen to their environment and subsequently lead to their extinction, while their DNA survived through us to a limited extent through interbreeding.

Sonafabitch! I meant to sage, too.

But the tripfag posts more in the "correct" example.

>Its weird how elves always have a million sub species, wouldn't a long lifespan slow down evolution?
>implying evolution in generic fantasy world
In most D&D settings, the elven race is only a few generations old, and they were explicitly created by their gods. All the subspecies exist because that's how their gods created them.

>But the tripfag posts more in the "correct" example.
No, the tripfag stops posting after the fourth post on that set.

In the first example, there's a GOTO 10 statement after the fourth post that loops back to the beginning.