Humans are arrogant

Humans are arrogant.

Sometimes us humans think, "Hey, wait a second! What if the gods want us to pray to them because our prayers are the source of their powers? What if the gods need us?" Granted, it's not a completely ridiculous sentiment. After all, why would the gods want us to worship them? But think of it this way.

You have a boss, right? And your boss wants you to treat him with respect. "Yes, Mr. Boss Man. No, Mr. Boss Man. I will suck your dick, Mr. Boss Man." Now, why do you treat him differently than the lunch lady at the company cafeteria? Because he's got the power to fuck with you. If you tell him to eat shit, he will make your life miserable. Your boss won't stop being richer, more powerful, smarter and getting laid more often with way hotter chicks than you just because you stop sucking up to him. You'll just be without a job and he'll keep fucking supermodels in the ass in the backseat of his limo.

See, that's what a god is. A god is the boss of all bosses. The top motherfucker who fucks the entire goddamn world in the ass. He doesn't want your prayers because he needs them. He wants them so he'll know you know he's playing on a different level. Telling a god to fuck off won't make him any less of a god, it will just make you the poor fuck who pissed off the dude who makes the entire world his bottom bitch.

And that's the arrogance of mankind. We'd like to think we created the gods. That they need us. But the truth is we're just the poor motherfuckers at the bottom of the cosmic barrel and they enjoy making us squirm. They don't need us any more than a billionaire needs the kid in the sweatshop making sneakers.

So let's just say our prayers and hope Mr. Boss Man doesn't decide we're bad for company morale, yeah?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misotheism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're stupid, you know that? Not because you said an idea, but because you genuinely think humanity could endure an eternity as a slave race.

And that's why you don't tell the boss yo fuck off, you just spike his coffee with strychnine.

I don't know, humanity has always been pretty good at keeping our head down and doing what we're told as long as it's in our best interests.

Not really; as long as there have been tyrants, there have been rebellions.

The meek did not drive humanity to escape the cave and hunt the leopard.

Well, being a CEO of 3-man company is not much of a power. Also, you can also go to some other company if current one sucks.

Depends on what boss you're talking about. Sure, your immediate boss might fall for it. But his boss? Or hiss boss' boss? Or the majority shareholder? Or, hell, even the goddamn president? How the hell are you going to even get to a point where you can poison them, much less actually pull it off? Have you ever even seen any of them in person, much less gotten close enough to even speak with them?

You are an insignificant speck. It comforts you to think you're important, or that you could totally change things, or that if enough of you got together you could decide your own fate. You might talk about the French Revolution. But guess what? A century or two later and France had a king again. America won its freedom only to take slaves and vote for laws that allow corporate bigwigs to pay them less than minimum wage and poison their water supply because you need those shitty jobs.

You're a fucking slave in the end. And the only reason you're able to live with it is concocting a little fantasy that you're actually a powerful, defiant badass fighting against authority. That you can make a difference.

So did your dad. And his dad. And his dad. And his dad. And in the end, they will all rot underground and their descendants will work for the descendants of their bosses until it's their turn to rot.

Things don't change. They just change their image to suit the times.

You're an idiot and this is an incredibly awful fucking metaphor because the boss DOES need employees since if they all quit or he fires his entire staff his business ceases to exist. The CEO of a company is in fact, absolutely dependent on the labor of those he employs because if he could do all the work by himself then they wouldn't get hired in the first place.

You can do the whole "gods are forces of nature that don't give a shit what mortals think of them" bit, but in that case your metaphor should be comparing them to something that is ACTUALLY independent and not 100%, completely and totally the opposite of what you are trying to say.

You're a fucking moron for making this thread and the wording of the OP and fixation on "The Boss" and his sexual prowess makes me think you either have a serious inferiority complex or that you get off on the whole idea of it.

"The Boss" may not need any individual employee but he most certainly does need employees. The same is true of gods in many settings, where any individual worshipper is expendable but their greatest fear is being forgotten to the point that even their name becomes lost to history.

You're not fucking original or cool for wanting a pantheon of primordial beings that are amused by the doings of mortals but ultimately more focused on their own circumstances and doings, that's just fucking greek mythology

>you have a boss
Except bosses need the people working under them. Like, if you're running a factory, you need the actual factory workers.

>You have a boss, right?
No?

Sounds like you're bitter about something.

>confirmed for never having had a job

"Bosses" aren't anything special. You realise pretty quickly that everyone is basically just winging it, and no matter how far up the chain of command you go, you always end up finding some bloated prick that can barely piss and has no idea how he gets paid what he does.

Tell me more about these supermodels and the limousine.

I'm a visual learner, so include pictures if possible.

WAIT A SECOND!

If gods are like bosses, and if I have a fetish for dominant boss-type office ladies, and I want to become a househusband for one... does that mean that my Isekai self is a priest who's in a relationship with the goddess he worships? The kind of goddess that gently bullies her beloved worshipper but is always there when push comes to shove?

Is my Isekai self a Priest of Hestia?

>and they enjoy making us squirm.
but why would they need enjoyment?
why are you so arrogant in thinking that a god would need enjoyment in the same way a human would?
gods are not humans, why would they need to act like a human?

Most probably wouldn't. Gods that embody or maintain cosmic aspects might only care about doing so, and have no interest in human contact.
Nobody ever hears about those gods.
The gods that people do hear about are the ones who DO care about humans, because they have some axiom to impose upon all sentient life or just because they are eternal and all-powerful beings that want some way to pass the time besides sitting in their realm in a mindless state.

Most factory workers are being replaced with development in automation.

Which is funny considering what's being argued. Gods eventually stop caring about life, after developing auto-worshippers.

What if humans are an automated form of worship?

Sounds like we need to make a union

Well that's assuming that god is all powerful.

>be a god
>create an entire unimaginably fuckhuge universe full of all kinds of crazy-ass things
>give the slightest fuck what some jumped up primates living on less of a dot circling a dim pinprick of light in a microbe of a galaxy say or do
No.

That's actually a great idea for a story

But...Roughly 99% of humanity does that, every day. I, myself, am a loyal peon in a law firm. I have people I answer to, even though I'm a lawyer myself. It just goes all the way up.

Probably, user. Does that make you feel funny in your crotch-area?

What good would that do? They'd just sling you into prison and replace him with another dude. You'd get the chair.

To be fair, employees are disposable. He could dump everyone and there would be ten men for each empty slot.

>be thinking choosing being
>making mostly inanimate or nonthinking nonchoosing things
>and then make a thinking choosing being
How could you not care?

>Sometimes us humans think, "Hey, wait a second! What if the gods want us to pray to them because our prayers are the source of their powers? What if the gods need us?" Granted, it's not a completely ridiculous sentiment. After all, why would the gods want us to worship them? But think of it this way.

*ahem* DEPENDS ON A SETTING!

you can portray it in various ways.
You have Christian perspective, where prayer is a dialogue with God and doenst give omnipotent entity anything
And you have radically opposite Greek and Nore pagan settings, where worship was required to sustain powers of gods (especially in Norse, since gods there were mortal).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misotheism

Still waiting for more about those supermodels, OP.

>54787032
This isn't nearly as funny as you apparently think it is

Decent idea, terrible delivery. A god as the top businessman, running reality because he gets paid, not because he gotta be a top dog or whatever the fuck you're trying to say, would be kind of interesting. Cold, business-like god I could get behind.

Depends on the setting, you pompous faggot.

Except thats the literal point. You migth be a maggot in the grand scheme of things, but you are the one maggot to piss on the drink of a god. who has to stop, just to mess with you. This god would lose far more for having to respond to a maggot than the maggot would for getting fucked with.

>sheep
>wolf dog
>wolf

>What good would that do? They'd just sling you into prison and replace him with another dude
That is why comrade, if you are going to strike back at the capitalist exploiter pig-dogs, you always have the vanguard party behind you.

>How could you not care?
But what if you've made literally trillions of different life forms, some sapient and some not, but most far more interesting than the glorified monkeys on Sol III?

>So let's just say our prayers and hope Mr. Boss Man doesn't decide we're bad for company morale, yeah?

Better idea. Let's kill him.

I've killed Gods before. It's relatively simple once you get down to it. See, you fuck up the machinations enough, and someone has to intervene. So you fuck them up. Who fixes the fixers? Does it matter, when they show up, you fuck them up too. Fuck your way up the ladder. Yes sir. No sir. Three dead fools, sir. Next in line, and all those bodies start piling up. Because once you've killed enough, they either come down, or you'll make the pile so high you can go to them. Either way, experience trumps talent.

>God
>Immortal and far, far older than you
>"Experience trumps talent"

If a god literally did nothing except for one day a year, they would still have far, far more experience than you.

> as long as there have been tyrants, there have been rebellions.

yeah. And 9 out of 10 times, those rebellions were beaten into the ground.

Wew lad, never go full communist. No need to fight "authority". It barely exists. Want to work somewhere else? Easy. Want to build a new corp and overturn the old? Damn hard, but feasible.

There's no slavery here. Just communists whining while blue-collared workers who never got their liberal arts degrees make hundreds of thousands a year.

Gods have more of both.

And enough rebellions happen that many of them stick.

>You might talk about the French Revolution. But guess what? A century or two later and France had a king again.

>French Revolution
>a century or two later France had a king again

A century after the first revolution France was on its Third Republic. But even if you hadn't just said something that incredibly stupid, I'd be able to tell your knowledge of the past is based off of a couple of high school history courses you did fair to middling in, some Wikipedia articles you browse before trying to act educated on a topic, and the occasional pop history book when you really feel like stretching yourself. Nobody else has that smug confidence that history never changes. It's a particular kind of bafflingly incorrect which is specific to your sort of pretentious ignorance.

Greek myth also had the interesting theme of uprising and overthrowing their creators. Zeus did it to his father and feared humanity would do it to him, so he was harsh on Prometheus for granting them fire. Alot cooler than a masochistic fantasy of being powerless, that tends to just go in hand with lovecraftian style which is more about fear than just being powerless and frustrated.

lol you can literally do whatever you want if you aren't a pussy. Just because you're a pussy doesn't mean everyone else is.

>we pray to God because he needs us strawman

lel stopped there. your theology is weak. Pssh. At least skim the Everlasting man or Orthodoxy before making yourself look like a fool kid.

>You might talk about the French Revolution. But guess what? A century or two later and France had a king again.
I don't know what's worse, that you think the French Revolution was about dethroning a king, or that you think the monarchy had even a ghost of a chance after 1880. You do know the Bastille was stormed in 1789, the king only killed in 1793 and the first constitution of France actually gave the king extensive executive power, right?

You are retarded, aren't you? Like, actually have a diagnosed syndrome?