Why do more girls play hobby games than video games?

why do more girls play hobby games than video games?
>obviously excluding mobile games

Because tabletop allows for social interactions. Video games allow for yelling at microphone at your teammates about how you fucked their AIDS-ridden mother.

Because you're a troll.

greater achievable levels of attention whoring

According to what statistics, what definition of "hobby games" and what definition of "mobile games"?

I don't think it's the case though.
Even ignoring facebook and mobile games, there are still probably a few millions of female jrpg and nintendo games fans who actually play and like the games, maybe only a small fraction of the vocal fangirls but still.

If you practiced talking to girls instead of making all these threads, you wouldn't have to make all these threads.

Because all women are socialite filth.

So they can infiltrate and destroy it just like they did to vidya.

Because video games tend to attract more male basement dwellers then female basement dwellers. This pushes the vidya balance on the male side.

Literally this.

You'll also notice that women are drawn to characters that tend towards social interacts or unique relationships. For example, the most common classes women play are Rogue (a 'face class') and Druid/Ranger (both classes that feature 'animal companions, a unique relationship)

>For example, the most common classes women play are Rogue and Druid/Ranger

Do you have any evidence of this beyond "the one female player I know likes these classes"?

Note that roll20 is not a viable option for gathering evidence.

I can say this is true from personal experience because I definitely play tabletop games more for the social/roleplaying aspect rather than combat or anything else. I would add in bard to the top most common classes as well for this reason

What, do you think we've got some charts to prove that? Get out of town.

Can back up Druid and Ranger, although in my case it was Ranger for shooty and Summoner for messing around with animals and generally being wacky.

Most of the women I've played with have either been the "I'm just having fun, stop taking things so seriously" players and/or nature oriented. Only one exception, a girl from university who was basically playing FemDrizzt and insisted on narrating her vampiric transformation sequence whenever she entered combat. We were playing a weeaboo-as-fuck game of BESM, so that wasn't really inappropriate, but it did grate after a while.

I sort of wish I could reach through time and drop half-vampire double-swords girl into a game with the kitten summoner girl. "Don't be so serious" meets "teleports behind you".

Please don't be true. The pain is still there.

I have a player at my table who's playing a dwarf. Every time he introduces himself, he's got this one minute introduction describing his clan back to his grand-grand-grand-and so on.
At first, it was annoying only in character...

From my experience as a DM for my college club for 3 years. Mostly do one off adventures and one ongoing campaign. Most of the female members gravitated to magic classes like wizard, cleric and druid. Only non magical classes Rouge was used.

> For example, the most common classes women play are Rogue [...] and Druid/Ranger
Fuck no, the most common class women play is Vampire, because a lot more women play WoD than DnD.

Fake news, nobody plays WoD anymore. This isn't 00's.

>nobody plays WoD anymore
Seriously hope you guys don't actually believe this.

I feel your pain. I don't think we ever addressed the transformation thing. Although I vaguely remember the GM having a Sailor Moon Rule: only one instance of stock footage per "episode". Like I said, not merely an ordinary BESM weeaboo game, but a weeaboo-as-fuck game.

Long names and long introductions do get tedious, but only when the player gets tedious with them. Ultimately, the player should be saying "my character introduces himself". It's fine to do it in character, but insisting that everyone else round the table listens to it again is selfish.

>Rouge
C'mon son, there should be laws against this kind that of triggering

I only like to play videogames with other people present

That D20 is huge