Warhammer 40,000 General: Space Sharks Surprise Attack Edition (40kg)

>Chaos
youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0 [Open] [Open]

>Grey Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=OWrG8DofaFA [Open] [Open]

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising!!!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Thread:
>> 54774151

Plastic Vossies/Steel Legion when?

For the Ecclesiarchy!

>tfw Nids/GSC are favourite army
>tfw they're so expensive to build, will never own an army of them

Is 10 hellblasters, 6 melta bikes, 3 black knights and Sammael enough anti-armor for 2k?

>Swarm box exists
>IG are dime a dozen seconded hand
You can do it m8

>swarm box exists
>~£100 for ~600pts

It has great value for your swarm and wtf are you doing paying full price?

>Intercessors with auto bolt rifle cost 210 points
>Reivers with bolt carbines and grab chutes cost 200
So interesting alternative or GW not paying attention?

>Tfw just basic infantry to bring my 1k daemons to 2k would be $270

take your time, nerd

building an army isn't a fuckin race

Rate my Renegades. Everything with a red arm is Mark of Khorne.

I was there on M41

>He isn't gonna buy 333 brimstones for that 1k points for 900 dollars
Why?
Also use eBay nigga, this shit has been around forever

Dusk Raiders?

That is EBay pricing. People don't really sell bloodletters which is odd as they got assfuckes in 8th ed.

>unpainted base rims

disgusting

Are Exorcists at all worth using anymore?

Nice dusk raiders bro.

HF Leviathan or HF Contemptor?

Soul Grinders, raid Konor for chaos!

Hold on, are you actually trying to run ten boxes of bloodletters to go from 1k to 2k? Surely you could diversify a little

Leviathan has nipple flamers
Contemptor has fist flamers
If you're slaanesh you'll go for leviathan

Yup, though I am going to diversify a bit. The Plague Marines that I'm waiting for MPKs on will get green arms instead, etc.

Sorry, I ran out of black primer on the Chaos Lord.

Honestly, I'd go with just two of the 3-reiver boxes to make a single 5-man unit. Reivers aren't as fast as assault Marines or as killy as assault terminators, but they are damn good at crossing into and holding terrain. I use that one squad for terrain denial.

>Is the coolest, most 40k tank in the entire Imperium worth taking?

The answer is always yes.

I was simply pointing out that Reiver and Intercessors have the same stat line and weapon loadout, the Reivers for less points gets more rules and tools

Not much on khorne side to add and with 8th ed these guys are only good in hordes, and minimum useful squad size is 30. Otherwise you're troops are shot to shit in two turns. Additionally I'm not interested in a CSM mixed army.

I asked /40kg for a nickname for this guy a while ago and the dubs came up with a name that was boring and trite so I'm trying again. Dubs decides whether I call him "Sledge" or "Beefhammer"

There very powerful right now

Why space wolves are seen as a joke and weak? I wanted to collect them but now I am unsure... Could someone explain please?

ROLLING FOR THE GLORY OF BEEFHAMMER.

I don't think anyone ever thinks of them as weak, we just like to call them furfags because they slap wolf shit on everything.

If there is anyone here still playing Tau I could use some opinions on my list.

Battalion Detachment:
HQ:
Cadre Fireblade, markerlights, 2x gun drone
Longstrike, gun drones, missiles, railgun

Troops:
5x Strike Team + Shas'ui, rifles, gun drone, marker drone
5x Strike Team + Shas'ui, rifles, gun drone, marker drone
5x Strike Team + Shas'ui, carbines, gun drone, marker drone

Fast Attack:
5x Pathfinders, 3 markerlights & 2 rail rifles, PA drone, recon drone

Heavy Support:
2x Hammerhead, gun drones, missiles, railgun

Transport:
2x Devilfish, gun drones, missiles

Supreme Command Detachment:
HQ:
Aun'Shi
Commander, 2x fusion blaster, ion blaster, drone controller, marker drones
Commander, 2x burst cannon, ion blaster, drone controller, marker drones

LoW:
Stormsurge, blastcannon, burst cannonc, ATS, shield generator

2000/2000 points

Beefhammer if dubs
Musclefuck if trips
Because furries play them

I play monoT so I haven't tried khorne much, but DPs are pretty great for their points since the FAQ to 8 wounds. Otherwise that's pretty crazy/shitty, hopefully you can figure something out. I hear giant spawn are also fun

I see them as weak for succumbing to a crippling alcohol addiction. And for relying on friendly woodland spirits.

>>
>There's no good options that aren't FW. Regardless of your feelings about FW stuff, the actual GW rules should be internally well designed. FW shouldn't be a necessity.

Well, XV9s seem pretty mediocre to me. Then again, Crisis Teams aren't great either. Especially with things like Stealth Suit Teams and Ghostkeels with their similar cost and better defensive capabilities.

R'Varnas are not worth it when compared to Y'Vahra and long range weapons platforms.

Technical Drones are the only worthwhile Drones to me. Especially since Remoras got a nerf (never used them and don't seem them used now).

The only good Commander to me is Shas'o R'ylai. Otherwise I'll take a Cold star or FusionVTmander.

Can't comment on the Tau'nar.

So, the only things from FW that are good have been the Y'Vahra, Technical Drones, and a named character.

I am probably blind, where are chapter special rules in Space Marines codex?

In the back

In a setting that has me suspend my disbelief, this and the motorcycles annoy me horribly. They are just, TOO ridiculous. I could see it being used in a parade, but on the battlefield it's hard to enjoy it

Seems alright

Thanks! Found it actually

Ya I want to add a DP with those guys. Plan to get the FW one with the exta Herald. I'm hoping they bring back deepstriking or make them tougher when the codexes come out. The demonic summoning is worthless and only helpful if you're primarily CSM.

Quick question, does the game still use inches? I remember thinking about starting in 5th but didn't after finding out about the inches.

It's such a caveman, retard thing to do that I get second hand embarrassment for GW.

Only redneck Amerifats use imperial measurements.

So fluff-wise they are cool?

Yes it does, and it has literally no effect on the actual gameplay.

Don't be an autist

>Waaaaah Fucking amerifats!

Can you kindly fuck off with thinking your country matters in the world

Ha, if you think wolf fucking is cool

Guess I'll stick to Magic, at least it's a hobby that caters to intellectuals.

Unlike 40k and its caveman measuring system

Are the Remora drones worth taking? I thought they looked neat, and was considering picking some up.

Does anybody have scans of the missions in the "know no fear" starter set?

I want to get back into the hobby and bought the first strike set and now I am planning on buying the Dark Imperium set, but as far as I know there are no actual missions inside this one, right?

Rules question looking for some opinions:

If you are shooting at a unit where only some of the models are visible and the rest are behind LoS blocking terrain, and the player controlling the target unit removes casualties in a way such that you no longer have LoS to any models in the target unit, do you lose the rest of your shots which you fired at that unit?

Hold on a second guys, I just realized that Emperors children this edition are just better Iron Warriors, but with access to amazing melee buffs

>Sonic weapons all ignore cover anyways the IW main shtick
>The Slaanesh unique strat lets units shoot twice
>Emperors children unique strat lets you make another attack when you kill a model in cc
>Slaanesh banner lets them get even more attacks through DTTFE
>Emperors children legion trait lets them always fight first
>Slaanesh psychic power is just a straight up better version of the IW strat
>EC relic is a D6 shot -1 rending bolt pistol that can deal mortal wounds, IW gives a 2+ and auto wound heal to a unit that probably already had a 2+ to begin with
>Fucking sonic dreadnoughts that benefit from lord rerolls

How can Ironlets even compete? looks like its time for you guys to start drawing dicks on your armour and praying to the god of cocaine and dubstep before you have to self destruct against the imperial fists again in a trap you set

>Perties face when

No, if they hit they hit. His boys may be hidden around the corner but it wont magically fill the holes you put in them

>Rate my Renegades.
It's like you nutted gunmetal grey on them and partially dipped them in red.

What are some fun ideas for a joke/gimmick list? Grot tanks might be fun, or maybe something chaos. Or putting most of the points towards fortifications.

Bikes really only make sense for orks imo. I can see them literally piloting a bike full tilt into a melee, caution be damned.

tau tanks

Only Mission in the Know No Fear book is 'Open War', which is also in the rulebook. The other 'missions' are just guided walkthroughs for beginners, which tell you where to place models, etc. Don't bother with it if you're getting the Dark Imperium box.

Sorry, 'Only War' not 'Open War'

It's bait which appears every 2 threads non

The reason I find it confusing is because if it was the same situation except the target unit was in cover, the rest of the unit WOULD benefit from the cover if the models outside the cover are removed first.

Also in the Designer commentary (or FAQ I forget) in a clarification on charging without LoS it highlights that models can only overwatch if they have LoS to the target unit.

Man, Karl Kopinski's stuff for 40k is really spectacular.

Magnus go home

>which is odd as they got assfuckes in 8th ed.

Really? Personally I find them infinitely better. In 6e thru 7e they were shittier when compared to Daemonettes EXCEPT vs PA Marines. Now with their Rend they look great.

Is there any rules for dark mechanics yet? Was looking through FW index and saw the Hellwright for the CSM and was wondering if there was any other dark mechanics stuff available (like actual troop choices and shit)

>I hear giant spawn are also fun
They are. Dirt cheap, killy, and can regenerate Wounds pretty well.

>How large ARE giant spawns? Can't tell from Forgeworld.

Remember that wounds are added up and distributed after the shooting occurs, those bullets are already fired and hit their mark, no matter what he has to distribute and wounds you inflicted and because they were made to a unit that didnt benefit from cover they are applied as such

Raven Guard tactics make sense for Mantis Warriors right? Like lots of precog sessions increasing their chance to dodge shots and knowing exactly where to hide a unit?

Beefhammer McLargeHuge

But that's wrong.
You save for each wound seperately.

But they don't get objective secured.

Although I'm with you on the absurdity from a practical standpoint I've come around on it because it's such a good shorthand for the sisters ecclesiastical role within the game. As literally a rolling church or shrine, I like to think that it functionality s at all due in part to the power of the Sister's faith in the Emperor. I mean it's a tank that can deny the witch. I almost wish it had some kind of amplifying effect on Acts of Faith or Shield of Faith.

That said, there are established precedents for much more practical forms for the Exorcist if a conversion along those lines is a way you want to go.

>How can Ironlets even compete?

Decimations will continue until effectiveness improves.

That's pretty cool.

I finished the first Beast Arises book and really liked it. What do you ugys think of the first book and series as a whole?

That T'au user here.

They're not terrible by any means on paper, but they don't add anything new we can't get elsewhere. They spit 8 Str 5 shots with the stats of a Crisis Suit and can deploy like a Stealth Team and are a Flyer. We just have a bunch of Str5 everywhere else and it has no real other weapon options and no access to support systems.

If you like them go for it. I'm sure they'll work especially since they take a different slot up, but that's kind of moot with how detachments work now and the multitudes we have.

Too bad he has no grasp of human anatomy.

The game has used inches for thirty years. If your group really wants to houserule it you can multiply all distance measurements by either two or three and use cm and it will work fine.

Fuck you user, you can't just ask for Kek's will and ignore it. Choose the original choice, these digits confirm.

>Imperium winning again
Bet no one saw that coming.
I hope they release stats on how many xenos took points from chaos. I choose to blame the elves for this.

>Astartes
>Human Anatomy
Wait

People apparently use mutalith conversions, which run on a 100mm base, so pretty dang large. Someone on dakka was talking about running a 6 giant spawn list with some DPs and changeling , sounded fun desu

Con fucking firmed

Dubs wants the old name. That's 2/2 for that name.

Inches are easier to visualize at this scale. You can glance at the game board and roughly tell how far 8 inches are but it's harder to visualize 20 cm. Metric doesn't offer a unit appropriate to this scale.

I run them, they are not killy.

They just don't die

Giant Spawn are suitably large. The main body is as tall as a dread but their spiked arms effectively doubles their height. Not quite as big as a maulerfiend, but close.

Every time youre at your FLGS grab a 5 pack of Guardsmen. Its how Ive done it. I dont even care that theres only 3-4 poses in the box you dont notice it when theres so many on the board.

Is this the case? Allocating wounds, doing saving throws and dealing damage are all under the resolving attacks header. It even says the rules assume attacks are being made one at a time. The sequence is:

Hit roll -> Wound roll->Allocate wound-> Save-> damage and remove any models with 0 wounds

All hit rolls being made at once is just for convenience, in reality each shot is fully resolved before the next.

I use them for my Mantises so yeah

>it's another FW releases models for a dead system that would sell like fine resin crack if they made rules for 8th episode

Fug. What was the original name? I didn't read the last thread.

How big is that Dropship

>not killy.
I mispoke. Meant to add killy (for their price).
But exactly. You take them to tarpit something forever and a day.

Fewer