Is there any appeal in having Chaos as favorite faction in 40k nowadays, Veeky Forums...

Is there any appeal in having Chaos as favorite faction in 40k nowadays, Veeky Forums? They are so ridiculously overpowered and so inevitably destined to win that I can hardly find anything remotely interesting in Chaos anymore. Who even picks them today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mw5NfJlRrcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Who even picks them today?
Faggots

Well, I hold nothing against Chaos players who played it long before fluff became complete shit-wank, but today it probably only attracts some edgelords and such.

There's the appeal of "willing to face up to reality even if that reality is 'hell exists and heaven doesnt'"

While not my favorite, the Black Legion has been growing on me since Talon of Horus.

>Well, I hold nothing against Chaos players who played it long before fluff became complete shit-wank, but today it probably only attracts some edgelords and such.

No Chaos players have always been whiney edgelords

youtube.com/watch?v=mw5NfJlRrcQ

The only change I remember was after the Index Astartes series in White Dwarf there was this massive influx of Marine players.

People who normally had Blood Angles armies and whatnot suddenly thought "now i'm build Iron Warriors Army".

Although that could also have been due to the 3.5 Codex Chaos being ridiculously overpowered.

Because it's the only way I can use Ahriman in a game

Same reason I liked them in 2002, Egyptian hats and royal blue are great together.

Chaos has the better written characters. What does the other factions have? We got the Night Lords series, Ahriman series, the Black Legion series, the Fabius novel. These are awesome reads.

So awesome that I bought 2 limited edition Fabius novels, and bought every format for the upcoming Black Legion book. Chaos is worth the money. You guys can keep the cheap badly written factions and your powerwankery.

Opps wrong order. Now I am embarrassed.

>who even picks them today?
Veterans of the long war

>who even picks them today?
Anyone who has read at least one Horus Heresy book

Chaos was my second army after Tau. Once I stopped being a commie weeaboo, I moved on too Chaos because I like power armor, and I like body horror. Plus I really love the idea of something inorganic slowly becoming organic, more then the reverse.

Metalheads who hate their parents and authority.

>Chaos
>overpowered
What did he mean by this?

They're fun to paint.

Whoever made this thread has got it all wrong. It's THEY (the non-Chaosfags) who should justify why they don't like Chaos. Because not liking Chaos equates to not liking Warhams.

Chaos not getting ass raped by imperium in every battle ever counts as being over powered by impfags. Even though chaos' s victories are always like "they failed to destroy Ultramar but they briefly repopulate 4 shitty backwater planets.

This. Every chaosfaggot i have ever seen has long hair and always wears some offensive band T-shirt( one guy at my store wore one with a devil raping a bunch of nuns). They always complain about their parents and brag about how much weed they smoke.

In fluff. Blame ADB.

this is the most "14 year old wearing a black tshirt with a metal band on it" thing I've heard today

Commencing dump

All I ever wanted was the truth

It was not a big dump, but a dump nonetheless.

Praise Chaos.

I'd love to do something like that if Daemon Princes didn't require a god selection anymore.

This is the only pro chaos argument i can get behind

Wow, this video really opened my eyes.

I think he meant fluff and Chaos kinda is overpowered, since its victory is guaranteed in the long run now.

what is it about ?

Bunch of fans whine to Andy Chambers about Chaos Codex in person. (1996)

all handy dandy except for the fact that chaos is neither primodial nothingness nor about truth, since it needs another universe to exist before itself can exist and is based on subjective perceptions. Which for some reason result in crab handed purple strippers.

I literally understood nothing.

>so inevitably destined to win

I kept telling you faggots, and no-one listened. All of these "who will win 40K? threads years back, it was like shouting into the void.

I kept fucking saying
>Necrons
>or Chaos
Meanwhile everyone was blowing their load over Orks. I'm sorry but Necrons are undying and feast on flesh, they are pretty much the antithesis of Orks, and the Chaos Gods literally cannot be killed whilst sentience and emotions exist.