Let's suppose you...

Let's suppose you, and the rest of your gaming group black out in the middle of a session and wake up in the bodies of your respective characters, with their physical abilities, but with only your own skills and knowledge. How fucked are you?

Likewise, your characters wake up in the bodies of their respective players, with their skills and mental abilities intact but the physicality of the kind of person who posts on Veeky Forums. How fucked are we?

The one freebie is that, unless you're in a campaign set on Earth or where various Earth languages are spoken, everyone just happens to speak English.

"Hi, I'm the DM, but you can just call me God."

Let's just pretend the GM got hit by a truck on the way to game and didn't make the jump

or did they?

Let's be realistic and say that, if you were the DM, you're now the BBEG. You've got your own memories and the BBEG's memories, so that you remember what the fuck you were doing and who your minions are but still know this all started as a children's card game.

As luck would have it, my most recently played character is a cyborg with a supercomputer in her brain. The body dysphoria might be a bit weird, but given the integrated systems I could likely catch up on the knowledge necessary to survive and function in that universe decently enough.

>Me in my character
Well, I'm a girl now. I think I can adjust.

BUT I'm also a 27-year-old (dark) elf, which means my potential lifespan just grew by an order of magnitude. My character is also a thief, meaning that all of her abilities are physical-based. I can't pick a lock but I'm still going to be faster and far more agile than I was.

I don't any of the fine details of the Forgotten Realms like she would, but I do know the basics.

>My character in me

She's a moderately overweight 30-year-old guy now, and while that's nothing that exercise couldn't fix, her potential lifespan just dropped by an order of magnitude, AND she has no knowledge of Earth at all.

Her life now sucks. Damn I feel bad...if the option comes up to switch back, I'll take it, even though it means going back into an objectively worse life.

My character is an Oracle/fighter heal-tank. INT was the dump stat, CON and STR were boosted. He was already built like a solid chunk of living steel while dumb as said chunk. Being the intellect driving that would end quite well I think.

PC #1:

>Me in the body of an arrogant babylonian god-king with dreams of world conquest.

>An arrogant babylonian god-king with dreams of world conquest in my body

I think in both examples given the world gets conquered.

PC #2:

>Me as a teenage girl's ghost trying to find a way back to life.

Fuck that noise, I'm immortal AND hot now. I'm going on some adventures.

>Teenage girl's ghost as me, a moderately Veeky Forums guy

I see freakouts in her future.

>if you were the DM, you're now the BBEG

I am now Orcus.

Prepare to suffer, fuckers.

Him in my body? There goes the marriage and career. He'd probably get more fit, then realize he has no healing magic and there are no undead to smite. He'd likely end up in a cult and get my body killed in an assault on corrupt politicians.

>now in the body of an evil drow combination of Rincewind and Moist Von Lipwig

I probably wouldn't live very long.

>same drow in my body

I think he might try and pull a Mr Robot. Not sure how successful he'd be, but I think a few people would die before he got put down.

What could your character do to conquer this world that you aren't already doing?

Figure it out

then do it

follow ur dreams

On the flip side... She'd probably be catatonic. She was born and grown with an augment-integrated mind, she's never know what it's like to have a sense of herself without machines in her skull feeding her data. She might be able to adapt, but it could take months and years, and during that time they'd be almost totally incapable.

Oh, wait, if we're the DM we can get in on this? I'm running Out of the Abyss right now, who's overall villain I guess would be Lolth, since she's behind everything?

>I am now Lolth

Abandon the Demonweb pits, go talk to Corellon Larethian about the situation, get Ao to confirm that I'm just me in Lolth's body. Try and guide the drow to being decent people. Adjust to being fundamentally female - the fact that I'm a god and so probably can make myself appear male at any time helps with that.

>Lolth is now a 30-year-old overweight man on Earth

She's gonna end up in an insane asylum after killing someone.

>I become Strahd von Zarovich - forever trapped in the realm of Barovia since I'm the DM

>Strahd becomes a loser whose legs don't work - forever trapped in a wheel chair

He never catches a break, does he?

Well given his usual style he'd probably devise a ridiculously over-complicated keikaku that ultimately results in him holding the world hostage.

Without his powers or armies he'd basically become Ozymandias.

I imagine that the new me would become a genius in most of modern science, quickly become the world's smartest man, and from there a multi-billionaire, regain his powers, and then force the planet into submission.

I am not a supergenius. Just a regular genius. World conquest is beyond my means.

Hey, if you're Lolth, and I'm Orcus, we could start destroying Faerun together.

Weirdly, Legends of the Wulin actually gives the GM a specific character in the lore of the setting. The Wulin Sage is an ancient, legendary martial teacher who is apparently immortal and turns up from time to time at important moments in history.

So I might be okay, in an immortal and incredibly powerful body, but the world is probably fucked while I disguise myself and try and learn the job from scratch.

Pretty sure the Wulin Sage would do fucking fine in my body. He'd take my sack of shit body and get it in shape in no time, and then just get to cultivating his Chi until he was just as good there as he was in the setting.

But I don't want to destroy Faerûn.

Im running a sandbox game with no clearly defined BBEG, would I just be the emperor of the most clearly defined region?

>mfw there is no BBEG, just sort of a shitty dangerous world

My character would be glad that this world has none of his most hated enemies.

Me? I'd be nearly dead, since that's how he was in the end of our last session. Thankfully we are in a "safe" place and surrounded by friendly NPCs. Even better, said NPCs can act as our "instructors".

Figure I could do a nice job.

>Forever GM
>Current BBEG is a hyper-advanced construct-turned-order-god both stablizing the world from all the planar portals and cracks caused by the abundance of summoners in the distant past and tinkering with the world by abducting lifeforms and landmasses

How can you be in the middle of a session if you have no GM?

>I wake up as a skeleton rogue with a handcannon
>Skeleton rogue wakes up in the body of an out of shape landscape worker in Nowhere, USA

>Me in the body of a British magic user during WWII
>British magic user in the body of a chubby, unskilled American
Do I get to keep the magic, or am I just some schmuck in WWII now?

>I can't pick a lock
Never too late to learn.

>A Goblin brawler
>A dick-ass Revenant warlock/rogue
>A Dwarf ranger with a blink dog companion
>All evil
Switch bodies with 3 nerds from some shitty small town. Upside: I get to wander around in a fantasy setting. Downside: I'm now a soul trapped in a dead body.

>That pic
And I was starting to like you too