/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/just-another-manic-monday-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
How do you run Super Heroes in World of darkness
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Like this. MAGE SUPREMACY

By playing Mage of course.

These threads might go a lot better if every OP didn't include bait for troll discussions.

Check my creative Thaum

Obliterate
Prime 5
Unmaking

You obliterate your targets pattern erasing them from existence

1 reach: This spell can now be cast sympathetically
1 mana this spell is unblockable and uncounterable

Cry me a river

Is the Flash an Acanthus or Obrimos?

Obrimos

>That pose?
It's like he's taking from behind

Yes, magefags are definitely the only cancer in this general.

From what we know about Deviant, it would seem the best to simulate most super hero origin stories.

Question is Supes a straight up thyrsus?

He is also Obrimos

Surprised nobody has said Scion yet desu

Man could they be developing deviant any slower?

All we even know is the nature of their antagonists, and that they are experiments.

Are we going to get their Dark Eras 2 chapter before their game hits?

>Are we going to get their Dark Eras 2 chapter before their game hits?
Don't think so, seeing as DE2 doesn't have a draft ready at the moment.
This, and the Trinity trio.

After the beast debacle they need to fucking focus on improving and updating older splats before adding even more new broken and pointless shit. Geist needs a fucking 2 edition

Reminder that not all mages are combat oriented and die just as easily to a vampire with celerity as a mortal with a gun

we unbanned from the forum bois

No one plays Geist now, no reason to prioritize a second edition.

Hunter 2e, good priority. It has a high popularity, people want it. Changeling 2e should honestly already be out with how popular it is.

Geist can wait until after Deviant in my opinion.

I don't feel like the Dark Eras books take nearly as long to develop. What was the turnover for Dark Eras 1?

They don't have to make up a lot of new rules. It is mostly the fluff of the settings, refluffing stuff that doesn't make sense in that timeline, and maybe making up a new organization and power or two.

What are you talking about? Every arcana is more than capable of defending themselves from a shitty leech

That's not how Mage works, you dumb ass whore.

An elderly Mystagogue will be more formidable than that rugged cowboy from the Arrow.
The capabilities of a Mage comes from his/her understanding of the Arcana.

>replying to yourself when nobody takes your shitty bait
At least type a little differently, phone poster.

Ignore the phone poster.

Kill yourself I am not samefaging

>editing the screenshot to hide your samefagging
Desperate.

Ok exercise my brai n then throw a mage with prime 3 forces 3 and life 3 in the theoretical cage with a vampire of dominate 3 celerity 3 and majesty 3

The vampire win, as the mage wasn't built for it

Or, alternatively, using another mobile device.

>Changeling 2e should honestly already be out with how popular it is.
It was delayed twice. First it was supposed to be out in May, then it was supposed to be out literally right now in August/September.

Now they're having Rose rewrite it because they want to stiff the original writer on his back pay.

Did you know the JFK was shot using Photoshoped Magic Bullet?

>this will be considered as mage discussion
>people will blame mage for ruining the thread

What has been your favorite use of human/mortal antagonists in a game you've played/ran? Even if they are a cult or something else strange.

Like, I established a sort of hunter group early in a campaign. At the start, the players had no idea hunters were involved, a kid died and they investigated if spirits were related (they were werewolves).

Later they realized that the father of the dead kid was a hunter. He became more extreme, and made their lives patrolling the spirit more and more dangerous. Eventually they had to put the man and his whole church (their base of operations) down in a rather bloody fight that left a lot of human dead.

But of course, the daughter was innocent, and they left her alive. Especially since many of them knew the daughter in their normal lives. She started being distant, they saw her less, and when she finally returned she had rebuilt a new hunter cell, having realized that her 'friends' were responsible for her father's death.

>mage will ruin the thread
What do you want? The OP was about >Super Heroes in World of darkness
This thread was doomed from the start

I'll be sad if Rose scraps all the Huntsmen stuff like some people suspect.

I like the idea of a more palatable Changeling antagonist. Fighting True Fae is so end game, and everything else they had was too smalltime. Huntsmen are a perfect middle ground.

>I'll be sad if Rose scraps all the Huntsmen stuff like some people suspect.
Why would he?

People are expecting heavy rewrites from the earlier stuff we were shown. In that case, one of the main things we saw were the Huntsmen rules. If we were shown only like that and two other things, and something in there triggered an urge for rewrites... they could end up rewriting Huntsmen too, or dropping them.

Is Aquaman a Thyrsus or a some kind of water changeling?

What are Huntsmen, even?

Didn't they dump the original writer Hill?

She.

And she would scrap it because she's pretty staunchly scrapped everything else David did.

Yes, and they want to cut out all his stuff so they don't have to pay him.

Members of the Wyld Hunt - basically Changeling or Changeling-like creatures that hunt Changelings to return them to servitude. They were a minor antagonist in 1e but were supposed to become a more present danger in the 2e rules.

Probably not a Changeling, since he has no "weird" powers. Plus he's an actual Atlantean royal, and they're a big deal in Mage.

Fae bounty hunters coming for the changeling Cush

A True Fae takes a little seed of hate and 'fuck changelings' and turns it into a mercurial creature dedicated to dragging someone kicking and screaming back into Arcadia.

It has a bunch of powers that let it disguise itself, but since 'The Hunt' is a game and a story, it always gives the prey different ways to tell. It announces itself, sometimes in a small way like a physical tell (it may look like a normal guy, but it can't hide a horn growing on the back of its head, something like that) or in some larger way.

On top of that, it can bargain with other changelings. If they give up the target in some way, it will give them a token. So then next time when they are being hunted, they can give the Huntsmen the token, and the Huntsmen pisses off.

They also have like, Hounds, if I remember. These terrible beasts to help hunt the target down.

It was all pretty interesting. An enemy laser focused on getting one guy, and wrecking their whole life.

That sounds cool as fuck.

You would at least try to limit the damage my dude.

Cloverfield Lane shows one lunatic that was prepared. Thats not enough for the kind off society that Vamp means.

I mean I would be hyped for a group of Vamps that think the end is inevitable. They are preparing for centuries and actually have the bunker cities rdy when shit Hits the fan.

It really did. A lot of Hill's ideas were super cool and I'm going to be severely bootybothered if Rose cuts all the old fluff and replaces it with generic nu-WW trans garbage.

Here's hoping he doesn't cut it.

Don't bother. The magefags think they're unbeatable at this point. Tell them Life can't counter Vampires and they will lose their shit.

How bad would the Technocracy fuck the Seers up?

>She
arguable

It's not like Hill isn't a pretty hardcore trans ally. You're playing the wrong games if queer stuff bothers you.

Life can mess up vampires horribly

What even is a Technocracy? Are you off your meds again old man?

Yeah actually life can fuck a leech up. The life mage can turn herself into a cloud of microscopic bacteria that would eat the leeches necrotic tissue in minutes

It doesn't bother me, it's just that Changeling is a metaphor for sexual violence and post-traumatic stress, not gender shit. We have other games for that, but Rose injects it into every game line she works on even if it's not supposed to be the theme.

>a bunch of Mages versus a bunch of Mages with the closest thing the setting has to gods as their patrons

gee i wonder

Trans people face a lot of sexual violence, so I wouldn't say it is that far off target.

I'd be more annoyed if it was injected into like, Demon, or Geist.

Trans people can be abused to, you know. A lot of them have been.

Also, Changeling is just as much a game about building your new life and identity from the ashes not just wallowing in angst and suffering forever. There's plenty of trans-adjacent themes in that narrative vein of putting together a new self. It's not like we can just go PROMETHEAN IS THE TRANS GAME SO NO MORE TRANS, that's absurd.

DE1 took about two years, but that was because of so many eras that got added on that needed to start from zero.

Queer stuff doesn't bother me. Obnoxious stuff bothers me. And something isn't precluded from being obnoxious just because it's queer.

The technocracy has Archmages that would fucking wrek the Exarchs who probably can't even interfere with the physical world

So Dark eras 2 will take even longer because the entire book is 'extra chapters that aren't written'.

Sure, and so can cis white people. I don't see what that has to do with my distaste for nu-WW changing narratives to focus on gender dysphoria. It's just another type of neuro-atypical erasure. Normal people can have problems too.

>Demon
There is a sidebar detailing how these sexless, genderless biomechanical beings can take a Cover's gender identity on themselves and keep it even when they switch to covers of a different gender, effectively becoming a "woman" in a man's body, or vice versa.

in nWoD, you can bet the Technocracy works with the God-Machine and has angels at its back
good night mage pride

Pretty much! Don't expect to see that book till early 2019 at the earliest.

>Normal people can have problems too.
Yeah, but their problems aren't as important. I matter so much more because I'm different, you know?

Technocrats are still Mages.

Exarchs are above the God machine. But nice try demon baby. Everyone knows demons can't do shit outside of going loud

Actually I'm pretty sure that sidebar, if I know which one you're talking about, was about how Demons are effectively sexless, and don't really care about switching between the two when they flip flop between covers.

More of a genderfluid thing than anything.

People kept trying to use it to troll in threads. But it is perfectly logical, and would honestly make less sense if it wasn't the case.

But you might be right, and I may just not remember the sidebar you're talking about.

>demons
haha loser. Technocracy has Proper Machine Angels at their back with the God Machine. God machine literally above the Exarches. Get Mad

Not to mention the sidebar in Demon talking about how scared Demons are of Mages.

>God machine literally above the Exarches

Let's not do this again, lest the Magefags start bringing out their citations once more.

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of all your veins bursting

Life can do that, and so much more.

These threads get so quiet sometimes.

>The cuck of Dave comments
How long are you going to let Dave fuck your wife behind your back user?
>Demon
Yeah demons get fucked on. Angels rule your shit the BIG GM all the way

What did you do filter the word mage?

>None of my posts were blocked

I feel vindicated in my DE2 doomsaying.

vampire is a better straight forward metaphor for sexual violence but yeah changeling as PPST survivors was hard coded in 1ed

You type like a 13 year old fresh from /b/

Why can't you all learn to just love and accept each other?

>I'm on Veeky Forums
No shit. What is it your first day on /tg?

Why do you always go for the sexual stuff though ?
Can't Changeling just be an adventure/horror game with fairies, freaky shit, abusive relationships ?
Can't Vampire be about being monsters and drinking blood and non-politicized molestation?
Also, this eat a dick
both of you

BECAUSE THOSE DAMNED MAGEFAGS THINK THEY'RE BETTER THAN US

>Why do you always go for the sexual stuff though ?
>Can't Changeling just be an adventure/horror game with fairies, freaky shit, abusive relationships ?
>Can't Vampire be about being monsters and drinking blood and non-politicized molestation?
Ask OPP/nu-WW that question.

>What is radical free speech?
It is the freedom to call you a [insert fan material+fag] and no one cares

Probably because they are

>Why do you always go for the sexual stuff though ?
I don't know why does sex scare you?

But, you do have free will, yes ?
You claim to have mastered the power of imagination ? Role playing game ?
You can willingly choose to interpret information a certain way ?
Or have you been memed to cerebral death ?
Mages are objectively more powerful
Magefags are subhuman scum
pic related

Honest answer.
Sex is a critical part of the human experience.
It hooks directly into the desires for many, it feels amazing, it makes you feel connected.
But it also makes you vulnerable, physically and emotionally. It leaves you that way long past the act itself sometimes too.

When sex is used as a weapon, rape, molestation, abuse, that is a kind of horror that rivals many of the other themes in the game lines, and often is straight up worse.

Many people would much rather imagine being in a brawl with an angry werewolf, than imagine being sexually assaulted by one.

Sexual violence takes advantage of that vulnerability, rips away something that should be a genuine joy in your life, and can spoil it for you forever. Few other themes can do that.

It isn't for everyone, which is respectable and just fine. But trying to take it away as an option just takes away from a series of games that are supposed to be about that kind of deep personal horror.

>But, you do have free will, yes ?
Why would I pay for a game that I played for the inventive setting-rules connection when that connection has been severed by the introduction of a bizarre transgender screed?

If it ends up being that sort of thing I'll just go back to playing 1e and pretend the new books never existed.

Yes you're doing a very good job. We get it. Please stop projecting, the show is over.

Wow you sound salty as fuck /pol/tard

I'm in an argument with a potentially ex-friend

How would an Archmage take on two True Fae, each representing day and night. All three are within Arcadia.

It says that they're sexless in the first paragraph, but in the second it then goes on to say what I said.

>Not liking shit design is now /pol/
Well holy fuck then call me Hitler.

>the result for dramatic failure
Jesus Christ I don't even know if I would risk it.

>Many people would much rather imagine being in a brawl with an angry werewolf, than imagine being sexually assaulted by one.
Hey speak for yourself, buddy.

I want a female werewolf to forcibly take me in the Amazon position. Whichever form.

If being normal is poltarded then I'd better check pol out desu. They must be on to something in that case.

I suggest you apologize to your friend, and then add 'power levels' to the list of things you never discuss with them, right between 'religion' and 'politics'.

No Archmaster is going to challenge the Gentry within Arcadia, not unless they're prepped with Imperial Magic.