If my end game is fiat currency, do satoshis even matter?

I've made more money with alts since jan 2017. satoshis mean jack shit to me. it's all 'bout the BEJAMINS!!!!

Everyone's end game is fiat dumbass

Satoshi's just mean that you would've had more if you just put everything into Bitcoin. So your alt trading was pretty worthless I guess.

Why do you wish to hold an inflationary currency? Couldn't you just cash out small amounts as needed to pay your day-to-day expenses and keep 95% in crypto, stocks, index funds or other investments?

Can’t buy anything with those things m8

>Collectibles mean nothing. It's all about real money.
Agreed

>cash out small amounts as needed

Already did the calculations and I had better returns with the alts i rolled with.

I still have a good about in crypto dawg

What I mean is that you should only cash out to fiat as needed and not have any more sitting around doing nothing and losing value than necessary. Under 10% total, down to 5% maybe if you can manage. If you have a large purchase to make, plan ahead and cash out only as much as you need. I don't understand why you called fiat your "end game", as it only loses value over time. It's not something you should strive to hold any large amount of.

Except for delusional NEETs who think they'll become the world's new elite by holding crypto.

conversely how much fiat should you set aside before jumping into crypto when you are starting out?

You should invest 90+% of your money. At the very least, keep it in a low risk investment that will beat inflation.

Going all in on crypto is ballsy, but can pay off if you're patient and DYOR.
Otherwise put a good portion in lower risk investments, like index funds, and perhaps a smaller portion in crypto. The exact percentages depend on your available capital and risk tolerance. If you have a low net worth, make sure that you're putting in enough to make some solid gains (don't be playing around with mere lunch money). If you have 100k just lying around, on other hand (for whatever reason, just an example), and don't want to risk all of it, consider putting most in a low risk index fund like the S&P 500, maybe 80k, and put the remaining 20k into a diversified crypto portfolio. If you're ballsy, you could go 50/50 or more.

I would say 0-20% of your net worth excluding your primary residence and your primary automobile would be appropriate.

Anything over 20% and you are really adding on substantial risk.

Okay, net worth... but what about fiat money? Some people really do have 50 - 100k just lying in a bank account losing value over time. Do you not agree that you shouldn't hold any more fiat than necessary? Why hold fiat when there are lower risk investments available? Am I misunderstanding your post?

No not at all. I don't give a shit about my bitcoin equivalent.

I measure my holdings in USD.

If you are going down in sato that means you are so shit at trading you would make more by just holding BTC.
Also fiat is a memecoin with no hard cap and no fixed emission rate.

this is why sats is the only thing that matter

wrong pic

Satoshi represent money you could have made but didn't cuz you played with shitcoins rather than simply held Bitcoin.

Look at your folio calculate your satoshi gain or loss from all your trades.
If it is a loss you need to quit.
Just hold BTC and do something else.

I has an argument with a mate over this a couple of days ago, he claims ETH is solid while I think it's been falling for months.

The crypto world is very fast moving, up until only a few weeks ago it seemed like every single alt would revolve around btc for years to come.

idiots think it mooned hard because they look at USD value. Its USD value is high only cause BTC mooned