Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1667: Time Travel Edition

Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Discord
discord.gg/wDQVYng

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52946736/#52947498
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it possible for us to add species to our empire post-jump?

Oh yeah, I can add that easily while I'm still here.

They already do with the Hivemind Perk.

It was meant more like you had to switch out with them so even though you could have like a hundred powers you still have to switch between them, but honestly I just realized Sylar never had to do that in canon. However I think I'll keep it for non-Heroes powers.

Basically if you're trying to learn magic that your body is completely incapable of learning then you could shift yourself, if it's based on the soul however, you'd need to get a good look at the soul instead. If the power is based on something like their genetics then you'll need to study that instead of their brain.

Yes.

I'm thinking of lowering the cost a bit to like 600 CP now. I'll need some more opinions though.

What are some jumps with clowns?

Real clowns, not people dressed like them.

Aren't all clowns just people dressed like clowns, when you think about it?

SHOW ME YA THRONE ROOMS.

Soul Eater

Alright does anyone have a list of training perks, can you please show me?

That's it, I'm making a Kiss Psycho Circus Jump

jk i'm lazy

Aren't all people just clowns dressed like people, when you think about it?

The real clowns were the friends we made along the way

I need a pic of magical girl goku. Or some other highly recognizable not-a-magical-girl character.

do you need perks that help you training or perks that help you training others?

space station 13, soul eater, Hero BBS

Throne rooms are for fancy folks And figureheads. I've got a office like a real leader

Both would be good but mainly looking for self-training ones atm.

Toss me a techy jump with adventures

Can Spacetime Manipulation or other forms of time travel be used to go to specific time periods even with Displaced in Time, with the drawback still making it hard to stay in one time period? If you can't you effectively don't get to interact with the plot, except by improbably small chance.

Also, would you consider putting some of the rules of Hiro style time travel in the notes?

>Only works in places that explicitly allow time travel as part of their cosmology.
Nope, that was changed, you dumbass.

Armored Core

So... You want a sailor super saiyan soldier Goku? That's a disturbing mental image.

Asura's Wrath or Destiny

Rick and Morty

Custom robo for tournament arcs.

gundam for politics

Metroid for Birb imoutos.

rick and Morty or blame!

>Items and Equipent
Some of these aren't items and some should be buffed heavily, increased in price, and added to the Cheats section. Did I mention the Cheats section needs more options?

>Items - Human
Dimensional Storage, more of a power than an item and would be better tied to Gamer than to an Origin. It is good that it is priced low though as while it is most tied to Game based ones it is very common in Isekai in general so it is reasonable to pick up even without a discount.

Smartphone, really? In Isekai where this is relevant it is part of a cheat. This is somthing that should just be included in any Cheats that could be used through one. On it's own it isn't worth paying CP.

Skill Orbs, these are somewhat weird. Not sure what to think of them and I can't think of any Isekai stories I have read that have something to compare them to.

>Items - monster
Radical accessory is fine, not that great of an item but not really bad either.

Territory is also fine, some land that will ward off anyone weaker than our group. Again fine but nothing particularly special either.

Absorptive Stomach is just something that might be a feature of your race and applying it to other alt forms. Not an item and not worth the price.

>Items - Sentient Item
Sheathe is an item with a minor healing effect, this is fine as a 100 CP item. Nothing good or bad to say about this one

Golem Formula, meh. You could easily get this in setting if it exists in setting. It is not horrible but this could be better or be something else.

Gacha is disappointing but its issues was gone over in length already in the thread the jump was originally posted in. Short version is buff, increase price, add to cheats.

cont.

>It was meant more like you had to switch out with them so even though you could have like a hundred powers you still have to switch between them, but honestly I just realized Sylar never had to do that in canon. However I think I'll keep it for non-Heroes powers.

So we'll have the ability to Sylar the Heroes powers, but post jump it'll be a library of our endeavors in-jump with Power Copying of out of jump powers?

As an aside, can we make use of our aptitude to use appropriate abilities to grant some of our library to others? As in use some form of biomanipulation to "graft" the Heroes-power ability onto a person.

It could, but you'd still have to spend a great amount of concentration just trying to make sure you don't throw yourself into the Stone Age. It's mentioned in the drawback.

Enjoy your Goku Moon.

And the basic rules for Hiro style time travel?

Knowing most jumpers it would always be like this

That picture is fucking horrifying.

Honest question for the thread... was that a good thing?

Do you want time travel to be a thing in all of your jumps, or would you prefer to keep time travel confined to universes where it already happens?

For that matter, do you generally pull out all your powers in response to the situations posed by jumps, or do you prefer to use magic to fight magic, tech to fight tech, and so on?

Two things concern me here:
One, somebody asked for it.
Two, I searched and found something that matched the request.

I think the latter is the most horrifying part.

>Honest question for the thread... was that a good thing?
Yes.

Is there anything like Anti-Chain Damage from NieR available in the chain?

>Turn invincible for 6 seconds after taking damage.

Because I don't really feel comfortable wanking the in-setting chips to be on that level. Could an Exalted Charm feasibly do it?

It's not even a one-off

Metal gear solid

It means fewer unnecessary limitations, of course it's a good thing.

Code Lyoko
Digital Devil Saga

ms paint future world.

So here's the modified 1.5 of Stellaris. Not many changes really.

My problem is how fucking weird and happy the face looks, and the fact that he has tits.

A Super Mario Thing has a perk for that, although I believe it's only one second of invincibility. There's probably more like it in other platformer jumps.

I'm fine with it. Though there are surprisingly few instances in the chain where it'd actually be useful.

Personally I don't like it, as I don't like dimension traveling perks; for the simple reason that those are powers that should be limited for the spark or else it lose all meaning to get it.

We all have tits, brama.

I'd say it's more a neutral thing. Time travel adds a lot of complications to a narrative, but if people want to take on those complications I see no problem with it. It's not like it being available in the first place is a problem.

As for how I respond to threats, it varies. I usually try to blend in, with only subtle use of our of context powers in the background to enhance my performance. But sometimes you just have to go all out, whether because you need every bit of power you have to deal with a problem or just because you want to make a statement.

>implying the Spark has any meaning to begin with.

>My problem is how fucking weird and happy the face looks, and the fact that he has tits.

Just be glad I didn't grab the one that also had Tuxedo Mask Vegeta in it.

Those are pecs. Freakishly hypertrophied pecs, but pecs all the same. Goku's always had those. It's just more prominent with the tighter top.

If the spark stops having meaning, Jumpchain stops having any meaning.

Give.

Search google images for it. I'm not going to dive that deep ever again.

>If the spark stops having meaning, Jumpchain stops having any meaning.
Not really but it lose an end-goal and become a gradual powergrab

>That son of a bitch
NO! NO! NO!

I think the spark still has meaning so long as dimension traveling can't go cross-continuity. That way there's still meaning to the chain, still a point to going from world to the next along this path. Local multiverses where it's just alternate versions of a world are fine, it's when you can (just for example) leave Gundam and wind up in Harry Potter that it should be post-spark territory.

Jumpchain has whatever meaning you write into it. The spark is just a convenient McGuffin.

Something like this, but magitech instead.

The journey is all the meaning it needs, the Spark was just an artificial wall behind which jumpmakers have locked content.

Personally I like the tourist options Time Travel opens up. I don't mind that most of the ones I know of, including Heroes, have a lot of trouble actually changing anything, because I just want to see all those ancient civilizations and see how they really lived, and maybe tease people using pictures of myself with historical figures.

So jumpers, after Ronin Warriors comes out, what evil artifacts though-out the jumpverse should I turn into weapons for a team of teenagers with attitude highly trained military special forces?

I like time travel. I'll use it when I think it'll lead to something fun happening, but generally I try not to pre-emptively disarm any kind of conflict. Which is kind of an asshole thing to do, but I am one so...

Depends on the setting and where I stand in terms of powerlevels. I won't hold back if I'd still be in meaningful danger, unless going loud like that would invite even further scrutiny from beings I couldn't hope to deal with. When I'm safe and sound, I actively try to use things inappropriate for the setting. Like superpowers (costume included) in Dresden Files, or the most obnoxiously unreliable and purely subjective of chaos magics in places like Star Trek and Doctor Who.

>Local multiverses where it's just alternate versions of a world are fine
if you can travel to an infinite number universe in your local multiverse the spark has 0 sense

The Greater Grail in Fuyuki.

>Could an Exalted Charm feasibly... turn invincible for 6 seconds after taking damage.

Yes. In fact, there are charms that let you turn invincible for longer than six seconds, and without taking damage. Off the top of my head, consider Inevitability Without Finesse; it globally breaks Fate to guarantee that a single unaugmented attack hits, and then grants a perfect defence against everything until your next turn... on which you can use it again, if you don't mind racking up Paradox, and are confident that making otherwise-mundane attacks is the most useful thing you could be doing in combat.

Bubblegum Crisis 2032

>and are confident that making otherwise-mundane attacks is the most useful thing you could be doing in combat.

Humiliating a cosmic eldritch being by giving them an open-handed slap while they can do nothing can be worthwhile on its own.

"Infinite" is not the same thing as "all-encompassing". For example, there are an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2. 1.1, 1.11, 1.111, etc. But none of those numbers are 3, or even integers. You can have a set that contains an infinite number of things without it containing all possible things. So even if you had dimensional travel that could access an infinite number of universes, that doesn't mean the universe you want to go to is available.

Any chance of a End of Cycle scenario or other Crisis scenarios?

Sure, also you could take Infinity from Seven Deadly Sins to make an Exalted perfect defense last indefinitely. Making you invulnerable to anything that isn't even more Hax than the Supremacy of Defense.

No you couldn't. Infinity only works on spells, charms aren't spells. Spells are something completely different, in Exalted's system.

Same shit, at some point during your chain you could reshape a random planet in an x universe to be the same as any fictional world

Would Singularity from Jorge Joestar mean you don't/can't run into your past selves while time traveling?

Which is a lot of things, since outside of Exalted metaphysics perfect defenses are just very powerful defenses instead of conceptually perfect, since the Shinma aren't available.

Conjoined Conjures + Temple of Thought.

Boom. Charms are spells.

Except that anything you wanted to get from that universe wouldn't be there. And any wider world outside the local scale would also be absent. And it would take far more effort than just going to a parallel world.

No, they're not Sorcery. They're still distinct magical techniques, and thus "spells" in most reasonable interpretations. Also:

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52946736/#52947498

What kind of clowns?

No? They would still be perfect user. It is just that it is possible for something out of context to somehow get through them. They are still conceptual defense.

Things keep working outside of the universe they came from, PDs work outside of creation in setting.

This, pretty much. A power like that is like being able to hop between the different Worm worlds, while in Worm; it's neat to have, and you can exploit the hell out of it, but it won't take you beyond Scion's range.

That's an interesting point that isn't often addressed; how do you think cosmology impacts the applicability of your powers? Most people like to imply that it doesn't, and that anything you can do in one place can be done to full effect in another... but that may not always hold true. Thoughts?

Space station 13.
The adventure is preventing the station from being nuked.

Neither Conjoined Conjures nor Temple of Thought works that way.

I disagree with you, but I don't want to get into an argument and if Val says it's okay (even if I think it shouldn't be), that's that. It works.

So some minor edits to make the text a bit more understandable in the Second Great Evil perks, the Items, and Blaze. All Drawbacks have names now...

Feedback would be nice.

Val said they count.

Of course that still wouldn't make Charms like that permanent, because those types of Charms don't have variable times based on how much power you put into them.

Okay, yes, they're still conceptual. Sorry, I made a mistake that I myself rather dislike and conflated "conceptual" with "absolute". That's my bad. My point is, outside the jump they're not a guarantee that you'll be safe against all attacks. They're still very good, but don't just walk up to an elder god and poke them for shits and giggles confident that there's nothing they can do to stop you. Always be as paranoid as possible, layer as many defenses on as you can.

They're still conceptual defenses that not a whole lot of people can get around, but I think his point is that since the Shinma enforcing Defense > Offense isn't a thing outside of Exalted settings breaking a PD is actually gonna be theoretically possible, Perfection be damned.

Motherfucker, I already acknowledged that. Are you so incensed that someone suggested that your unstoppable dick-waving combo wouldn't work that you're not even bothering to read the thread? Fuck you.

It should work on "scene length" Charms, regardless of whether it cost more or not, because a scene is of variable length on its own.

Solar charms are meant to be read as a game mechanics interpretation of the skills perfected by a Solar, not as a "distinct magical technique".

There's no such thing, in-setting, as a Heavenly Dividing Blow or whatever. There's just Solars who have perfected their swordsmanship to a level beyond what is humanly possible.

Does Cosmo count as magic... life-force, or is it its own thing?

This. Consider the number of abilities you, as a Jumper, can pick up which let you break through the 'perfect' defences of others. Now consider that it's a big multiverse, and that there exist entities who may have similar abilities, which they will use against you.

That doesn't feel like it really holds up given all the charms that exist.

I'd say it's probably closest to life force or chi, given its association to life and death. It's a primal energy of creation that resonates in living beings, that sounds pretty life force-y to me.

You stupid piece of shit, I said it wouldn't work. Are you fucking illiterate

There aren't any scene length PDs to my knowledge, though.

I'd consider it some kind of spirit energy.

Hilariously Overblown Naming Technique wouldn't be needed if that were the case.

Even though there are Charms that exost in-setting. Okay. And how the jumps themselves reference Essence expenditure, respiration, and Charm-use. And there are entire subsections in the books devoted to teaching and learning them. Yeah, bullshit they're not distinct magical techniques.

Things keep working out of setting as they do in setting, the Supremacy of Defense would still apply just there might be something in another setting that trumps even that.

To use the example other user made I doubt a Lovecraft god would have too much difficulty getting around or through them with whatever suits them because they could probably just ignore something like SoD.

>You stupid piece of shit, I said it wouldn't work. Are you fucking illiterate
Eat a dick, felchmonger, I'm talking about how you "oh so helpfully" decided to chime in to tell me something someone already did. You patronising herniated asshole.

Fluff differs between splats. Solar charms may or may not exist as in-setting things (and they clearly exist even less in 3e than in 2e)... but then you have Sidereal charms, all of which were specifically designed by the Maidens, and most of which have existed for about as long as Creation has. The writing is inconsistent on the subject, leaving room for interpretation.

The Developers have been pretty clear on it, especially in 3E, but there are holes (as there is in all things Exalted)