How to fix Veeky Forums in

Alright you silly fucks, it appears you're in desperate need of some guidance, because the board is not doing well.

What's wrong with the board you ask? Well, the main thing is that everyone is unhappy with the current state of things, usually because someone else is complaining about the current state of things that they're ok with.

In other words, there's too many complaints on here. About everything.

>Quests/Anti-Quests
Shut up! I'm talking! And I'm important because I posted this thread. If anything, your annoyance with my arrogance should be the most concern to you right now.

>KYS/Other Insults
Shut up! I'm talking! And I'm far too concerned with what I'm saying to actually aknowledge any negative statements. Please hold all insults for someone who actually cares.

>Autism
You bet your ass it is! I'm going to Hyperfocus on my point, and my point alone and fuck all if you say anything that doesn't directly pertain to or support it.

Now that we've actually gotten past why anything you say to me to convince me otherwise is of very little importance, let's get down to business.

Long story short, the main reason the board is in the sorry state it's in is because you folks aren't already following my advice, and my advice is just this, and this alone:

Ignore things you don't like, focus on what you do like, and enjoy yourself on the board by enjoying your hobbies! Stop being so cynical, stop complaining, and start having fun!

If you found any part of this post annoying or enraginv, Good! I don't care.

Enjoy your improved Veeky Forums experience.

Was it, dare I say, autism?

>Stop being so cynical, stop complaining, and start having fun!
But being cynical and complaining is how i am having fun.

B-but what if someone likes things I don't like?
W-what if someone has fun in a way I wouldn't?

Stop it! You and I both know that you're actually quite unhappy with your current lot in life, and lack a certain degree of fulfillment in some aspect whether it be with work, love, or socially. Thus you use Shitposting as a self-defense mechanism to avoid dealing with these issues and instead try and indirectly dump your baggage on us.

So what's the real problem, user?

If these thoughts persist and invade your personal life on a deep emotional level you should seek out therapy.

If it's only when it's presented in front of your face, your should keep scrolling or find a new thread, and keep it out of your face.

Bring quests back.

I feel like we could use more thread diversity. I feel like /qst/ being its own board kinda kills it because I never went out of my way to go on a quest thread. If it was cool I'd check it out.

That's my only gripe. Its elf shit posting, stat me, made play saw, and generals.

I still think Veeky Forums is a great place to discuss games but I feel like quests were a good source of original content.

No. Shut up. That opinion only results in being opposed by the opposite opinion which results in a cycle of retardation that's more stupid than anything /v/ or /pol/ could come up with if they both worked together and TRIED to be moronic.

A thread died for this. Time to rescue it with titty elves.

Back to the Paizo forums.

Yes, a thread died for this and I mailed it's pointy-eared corpse to Virt so he could jack off to it.

Also the Elftits are passe at best. Needs more Vavoom!

Heavy metal elves

Gotte have sauce on those two.

Better. Needs more 80's though. There should be lightning and a large bird of prey in there somewhere.

This is honestly the best use of this thread. Any more and we'd actually make the mistake of taking anything I said above seriously.

1. Keep all the 40k shitposting in a single thread please. You can have a general for each game and an off topic thread, MAXIMUM! Or get your own damn board.

2. Keep "Stat me"-posts to a single thread.

3. Wait until summer is over, it's not that long left.

4. I know that Veeky Forums is Generals: The Boarding, but I've kind of grown to like it.

This is better then this . Remember folks, Japan should of been nuked a couple of more times.

No! Shut. Up. The Generals subject is the same as the Quests subject: it only breeds stupidity and contempt. Ignore it.

Instead, find a DIFFERENT thread to pay attention to.

Nah, one is a painting, the other is an animation. A medium developed for movement necessitates a simpler art style, as it requires both speech and movement to convey more meaning.

A painting by contrast, needs more detail.

Also the anti-anime/pro-anime thing is the same a the above: it's merely an excersize in stupidity, and all it does is develop retard strength and negativity.

Things are fine and the usual for the past years.

Not when /edh/, reputedly one of the more decent generals, has gone to complete Shit over arguing about the presence of a Discord link. A problem, mind you, that literally solves itself by being present until it no longer is. Discord communities kill themselves.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, there's so much idiocy going on here, and you think I'm on my high horse here, but no, I have been making stupid mistakes left and right on Veeky Forums and I Still can take one look at some of the problems around here and marvel at the level of stupidity.

I was actually making a joke about the Japan part. I prefer paintings compared to anime for my fantasy, thus why the painting is better then the anime picture to me. Also I prefer my elves to look more like elves then titty monsters with long ears.

but we love hating things!

Yes, but are you hating to hate? Or are you hating "all in good fun?" I'm not seeing any of the latter around here.

Is it just me, or have there not been a lot of interesting threads that aren't generals lately? I know, "be the change you want to see", but I'm just asking cause I'm not sure if it's just me or something others have been noticing too.

Also, you know, it feels a little empty without quests anymore, and /qst/ is stagnant and dull. But discussion on that only ever seems to bring out angry autists that want to scream down opposing opinions rather than have a normal discussion about the matter, so I dunno.

We need more of these two.

Sure, if the author started tripcoding and posting regularly on here. I'd respect it.

At least it would halt the accusations that the guy just shills his art in random threads. You get Drawfags on here regularly, and taking a more active role in the community besides in the drawthread and yeah, I'd definitely say that would improve the board.

>You get Drawfags on here regularly

Do we? There's randoms in the drawthread, but no one I'd call regular except that pencil dude who draws eldar smut.

No, I was implying that we should get them on here regularly.

We keep telling you why. But you don't want to hear it.

Oh. Well, yeah. I've actually noticed a lot of hostility towards drawfags (and writefags) on Veeky Forums, and that's the kind of shit that needs to stop.

That's a laugh. nu/tg/ hates people who create any sort of content.

>Bring quests back.
Yes please

>I feel like we could use more thread diversity. I feel like /qst/ being its own board kinda kills it because I never went out of my way to go on a quest thread. If it was cool I'd check it out.
This is the main reason why /qst/ is a dead board.

>Also, you know, it feels a little empty without quests anymore, and /qst/ is stagnant and dull. But discussion on that only ever seems to bring out angry autists that want to scream down opposing opinions rather than have a normal discussion about the matter

The problem with discussing quests on Veeky Forums is that anime quests poisoned the well, so now the people who liked having quest threads on this board are constantly met with "hurr loli haremshit quest #6485248, so quality, much creative". We know that Veeky Forums produced a lot of fun quests prior to moot moving all the /a/ quests here, but having to qualify every statement with "not including the migrant quests from /a/" sandbags the discussion.

For the record, I would like to see quest threads allowed on Veeky Forums and /qst/ to remain as a board for non-Veeky Forums quests (harem simulators, /b/-tier quests, etc.

can you punch the bad threads away

You are the guy who poisons the well on any Veeky Forums discussion.

It's a dead subject. Drop it already. Not only is your rationale built on nothing but bizarre conjecture at odds with all the evidence (blaming anime quests? What kind of retarded true Scotsman fallacy are you trying to conjure up?), the bottom line has already been laid out for you. There's /qst/, and the discussion is over.

Hmm. If we presume that, on average, elven women have massive breasts, what results?

1) The elves discovered Lycra in the distant past, and made the first sports bras, of which human sports bras are but a pale imitation. Elven women proceeded to invent clothing which was incredibly revealing but very supportive, a trick human clothiers have never managed to duplicate. A custom-fitted bra made by the elven lingerie masters is worth a queen's ransom.

2) There's a lot of pressure on human women to find ways to increase the size of their breasts, even if elves are rare. It's amusing to think about a noble quest for effective breast enhancement, but this is probably too silly to work.

3) Male elves probably view human women as being something like DFC lolis. Some elven perverts might find this attractive.

Is it more interesting if elven men are sexier than human men? It seems fair, doesn't it?

Having a separate board for quest threads makes about as much sense as having a separate board for generals.

quests are merely a spook

In all seriousness: it relies on the people of the board to be better. Stop replying to bait. Start visiting and replying to low-activity threads. You may find the quality of discussion improves significantly.

No. Shut Up. Again, dumb subject is dumb discussion, only repeating the same result with more effort. If you actually gave a fuck about Quests you would all go to the IRC on Rizon and request Quests be put back directly until you annoyed the mods into action... which is how they got banned in the first place.

Talking about it on here only hurts your argument.

That's just a mythology that people have been trying to repeat until it replaces the truth, you falseflagging faggot.

Long story short, the mods saw a large number of quests, and the relation to traditional games was growing more and more tangential. /qst/ wasn't originally supposed to be a "containment board" but a recognition of the popularity of quests, and they even provided extra features to help quest runners.

But, now, a minority of /qst/ users feel compelled to complain incessantly about /qst/, and not to the mods, but to people on Veeky Forums. Their complaints are basically "We don't like the special features!" and "Quests aren't that popular!", like that's somehow Veeky Forums's fault.

Don't like the special features? Ask the mods to give the OP more decisive power on whether to implement those features. Don't think quests are popular enough for their own board? /qst/ is more active than several other boards, and though it's not as active as Veeky Forums is, that's not Veeky Forums's fault.

/qst/ is a /qst/ issue. It's may consider Veeky Forums as its parent, but it's when you tried to move back in that the mods finally went ahead and made the second sticky that basically banned quests from Veeky Forums.

Okay, well then let's have this discussion then. None of the angry ranting, none of the "Shut up fag" bullshit, let's have a real discussion about this. If you have an argument, by all means I want to hear it. But since I'm posting first, let me make my case first, if you don't mind.

If you go over to /qst/ right now, you'll see that the board's terribly stagnant. Threads can stay on there for days after hitting autosage, and the majority don't even do that; People just stop posting. Quests have always been a minority, even in their prime they only took up a small percentage of space on Veeky Forums; At most, I've seen 14 quest threads on Veeky Forums at one time, and that was during the most active time frame for quests; Evenings EST on a weekend. Veeky Forums has space for 150 threads at a time, excluding the two sticky threads. That's about 9.33% of space taken by quest threads, the other 90.67% is taken by normal Veeky Forums threads. That's negligible space taken during peak hours for questing.

Now imagine a board where only 14 out of 150 threads are active. That's /qst/. The reason for that is because while plenty of people read and post in quest threads, very few actually run quests. They just don't have time or feel they lack the creative or writing talent to make anything good. Very few people are going to have the same misgivings about starting a normal thread, because unlike quests you just make one thread and then move on, there's no commitment like with starting a quest. Granted, you can just do a one-shot quest, but that still takes more creativity than simply striking up a conversation about X thing in Y system.

(1/2)

Moreover, a lot of the activity quests got came from the fact that people on Veeky Forums, a fairly active board, would see one that catches their interest and drop by to participate, just to see if it's worth following. /qst/ doesn't have that kind of activity. You only have a small number of threads active at one time, which also dwindles during work hours EST. You don't have new people noticing active threads and stopping by to participate, so instead your average person has a small number of quests they follow, not paying much attention to any other quests. Thus the playerbase for games dwindle, and new quests really struggle to gather players so they can actually run. I've seen new quests that were lucky to have 5 active players, and that's an okay-ish start by /qst/ standards. As a result, quests move slow as you wait for people to vote. Because it takes so long, the QM often has to step out for a bit to handle IRL things, then the players vote and have to wait for the QM to come back, causing this loop of slow activity that can makes quests stagnant and boring. This causes some players to drop, and then the quest doesn't even have enough players to continue.

All this really seems to prove that a quest board isn't necessary. In fact, the invention of /qst/ has done more to strangle and kill questing than to give them a space to have fun in peace. There's really no point in having a board where only a handful of threads are active at any time, and as I've mentioned, quests never really took up much space on Veeky Forums either. And in a way, they help to get newcomers interested in Veeky Forums. When I first found Veeky Forums, I didn't even play tabletop. Then I checked out the CYOA threads, participated in a quest, and started getting interested in playing in an actual game. It was a good way to sort of dip my toes in, essentially.

But that's my reasoning, sorry for typing so much. Now, please, share your own reasoning and let's actually discuss this instead of slinging shit.

Questfags are stupid and said they would rather shitpost than try to fix /qst/ so fuck them and fuck you.

I just wish miss were more draconian, just hand out 2 day bans left and right. Stomp shitposts into grit and salt the fucking earth. I don't care if it makes this board a ghost town at this point I can't get through a single thread without someonse posting some forced meme, /pol, cuck, smug fucking :^) faces, or just blatant shitflinging.

>>Stop being so cynical, stop complaining, and start having fun!

"Stop having fun, and start having fun!"

Quests are unique, in that the thread is pointless unless the quest runner is there, and they tend to run over the course of weeks with some quests running for years. Also, the activity fluctuates dramatically depending on the time, with evening being far more active than during the day, to the point where if it was reintroduced back into Veeky Forums, evenings would become a clusterfuck because that's also when regular Veeky Forums discussion is most active.

In truth, quests don't belong on Veeky Forums at all. At all. The transitory image board format just isn't suited for what the most popular quests require, and they would be far better off on some roleplaying text board. But, the mods went out of there way to try and help facilitate the different structure that quests need, without compromising the rest of Veeky Forums discussion.

And, yet, you guys STILL bitch and moan. Even though /qst/ is still more active than plenty of other boards (want to talk about /gd/ for a minute?), you have the gall to act like 10-20% of a board is a negligible amount to dedicate to something that is a dramatic departure of what Veeky Forums boards are designed to facilitate.

>bizarre conjecture at odds with all the evidence (blaming anime quests? What kind of retarded true Scotsman fallacy are you trying to conjure up?)

It's pretty simple: the quests that were moved to Veeky Forums from /a/ are anime quests. The quests that were created on Veeky Forums prior to all quests from other boards being moved to Veeky Forums are Veeky Forums quests.

You might be too new to remember this, but the complaints about quest threads on Veeky Forums really only started after moot moved all the /a/ quests onto this board. Prior to that, you only saw a random troll here and there, but for the most part quests weren't an issue to anyone browsing Veeky Forums.

However, it seems like a lot of the posters on /a/ are wannabe visual novel writers, so the number of threads herded here from /a/ was more than the total number of quests original to Veeky Forums.

This is half lies, all conjecture, and absolutely irrelevant.

If your entire argument is based on your highly subjective interpretation of the past, and somehow still fails to make anything resembling a point, is it any wonder why people are so fucking tired of you idiots complaining about /qst/ here?

The idea of elves as the fair folk, with both genders being just plain better than their human equivalents is pretty standard.

That being said it all depends on presentation and personal taste. After all beauty is in the eye of the beholder and completely subjective. What if all elf females were built like our super models? Really tall and thin, very elegant, but I prefer women with curves to bean poles ( yes I'm aware we were just discussing giant titty elves, in which case what about the guys who like smaller breasts)

What if all elf men are absolute pretty boys. Total bishies. Well some women like that, but some women prefer a more rugged look, with a stronger jawline and harsher more masculine features. It's all a matter of taste so saying x race is objectively better looking is kind of impossible, because you'll find people who like something else better.

99 percent certain I know who you are. I thought you were moving away from shitposting to try and force change, and had decided to start contributing positively since you couldn't shame/ infuriate people into changing themselves. Why keep doing this kind of shit even now, I thought the whole point of giving up the name was that you were done with this kind of shit and would go back to trying to make the good threads like you were behind last december.

>you're wrong and dumb and I hate you!
Pretty compelling argument. Not sure who you hope to convince, but everyone who's been on Veeky Forums since before 2014 will remember the day that moot decided all quests sitewide had to be posted on Veeky Forums.

>why do so many people here complain about /qst/?
Because lots of people here liked having quest threads on this board and dislike having them on /qst/.

Okay, well I'm not those people, and neither are the majority of people who enjoyed quests. Every group has its shitposters, why are you taking what shitposters say and do and construing it as the entire group's thoughts and actions?

>Also, the activity fluctuates dramatically depending on the time, with evening being far more active than during the day, to the point where if it was reintroduced back into Veeky Forums, evenings would become a clusterfuck because that's also when regular Veeky Forums discussion is most active.
I can understand the concern, but again, even during peak hours Veeky Forums had roughly 14 quest threads on the board at most, that's including inactive threads that just hadn't fallen off yet. I don't think it would really be that much of a clusterfuck.

>In truth, quests don't belong on Veeky Forums at all
That's a fair enough thing to say. I don't necessarily agree, but I can understand why someone might say that. That largely comes down to a matter of opinion though, since quests -did- succeed on Veeky Forums before the migration, so there's no real way to argue either way on that point. Like I said, fair enough.

>But, the mods went out of there way to try and help facilitate the different structure that quests need, without compromising the rest of Veeky Forums discussion.
Also a fair point. However, /qst/ has been going for months now, and it's a graveyard of inactivity. It's among the slowest board on Veeky Forums, which would be annoying for most topics but for quests it actively kills the subject. Slow quests die from lack of interest, and because there's so few players in any one thread, there's no real way to -not- be slow. Sure, there are slower boards like /gd/, but at least /gd/ doesn't have an active, direct negative impact from the lack of activity (aside from the obvious drawback of not having fast coversations). I appreciate the mods efforts, but it simply isn't working out, so there's no reason to keep /qst/.

(1/2)

>And, yet, you guys STILL bitch and moan.
Again, I don't want this to turn into shitflinging, so please don't turn it into that. And I have the "gall" to say that 10% of a board isn't that bad because quests -were- Veeky Forums related. What's a session of DnD? A group of people gather around a DM who presents scenarios to a small group of people who have their own characters and react according to how their characters would react, using dice rolls to determine results where dramatically appropriate. What's a quest thread? A large group of people gather around a QM who presents scenarios to a large group of people who have a single character and vote on how to react according to how they perceive the character, using dice rolls to determine results where dramatically appropriate. It's barely different from a text game of DnD on roll20. So what makes it not Veeky Forums related, the settings of the quests? If that's the case, we're gonna have to decide what's Veeky Forums related or not. Is sci-fi Veeky Forums? Is post-apocalypse Veeky Forums? Are mundane modern settings Veeky Forums? Or is the problem that some of the quests were anime related, or use anime art? If that's the case, are we going to ban people for using anime reaction images? Are we going to ban threads talking about how they use X thing from Y anime as inspiration for something in their setting/character?

And for that matter, if 14 threads is so much space, consider that there are 39 general threads on Veeky Forums right now. That's a little over twice the amount of quest threads at peak hours, and it's not even peak hours right now; It's 10:45 AM EST. if 14 threads out of 150 is too much, why don't we have /tgg/ - Traditional Game Generals? It worked for /v/ and Veeky Forums, and apparently 14 is enough to warrant a new board, so why not?

Can you drop the whole "look at me provide zero substance but still prance around like I'm not talking out my ass" act? All you've got is bullshit and personal definitions, all to try and say "it's not ALL quests, just the quests I don't like that people didn't like."

And, as someone who's guaranteed to have been here longer than you have (unless you were also posting on the first day of Veeky Forums's existence), you also need to be careful of who you try to play the newfag card against.

>Because lots of people here liked having quest threads on this board and dislike having them on /qst/.

I bet, because it was basically free advertising to have quests on a more active board. If you really are upset about quests not having the same publicity as they had before, buy some ads. Veeky Forums ads are pretty cheap, all things considered.

Yeah whatever OP. You are obviously the prophet to end all prophets.

Shut the fuck up.

>How to fix Veeky Forums

Bring back quest threads.

>And, as someone who's guaranteed to have been here longer than you have (unless you were also posting on the first day of Veeky Forums's existence), you also need to be careful of who you try to play the newfag card against.
I've been on Veeky Forums since day one.

Quest threads were fun. They should be allowed back here.

If quests threads are fun, go to /qst/. Bottom line, end of discussion, buy some ads if you are upset about not enough people paying attention to your favorite quests.

Quests should stay on /qst/ if only for the fact that the board is tailor made for them and the slower moving ones would get pushed off by everything else.

>enragiv
THESE TYPOS FUCK

Alright, yeah, you got me. Call it a moment of weakness and sleep-deprivation. Give me a few hours of sleep and some time to compile the Fading Embers Setting into a 1d4chan page, and I'll get some real, quality threads started.

Is it that obvious though? I guess that style of me Pre-empting the predictable responses in the most arrogant, annoying way possible is fairly unique.

Quest threads were fun on Veeky Forums because most of the people who understand how to play quest threads are on Veeky Forums.

It would make more sense to allow quest threads on the board where the majority of people interested in quests are (which is Veeky Forums).

Or apparently /a/. But really, the board where the majority of people in quests are happens to be /qst/, so by your own reasoning you should shut up already.

It makes sense to give them their own board, because they don't really fit the thread structure of any of the other boards, or really Veeky Forums at all. And shut the fuck up about the board being slow when it's still plenty faster than many other boards.

God, what an entitled little bitch you are.

Can't speak for anyone else, but to me personally you have a pretty distinctive and recognizable style. I've been with you from the fvtg thread on. Between all the shit posting and your frquent participation in meta threads I feel like I've got you pretty well pegged. Nkt a bad thing, just kinda fun every now and again to say oh hey look its that guy. Now the real question, can you identify me?

>Or apparently /a/.

That would be fine if quest threads were allowed on all boards. Then /a/ could enjoy their visual novel railroads and we could have Lego Quest back here.

Bitch on /a/ then. Or /qst/. Or directly to the mods.
But quit bitching here.

Quesfags, keep moving. This is a traditional gamer board.

>Asking people to be reasonable and not pick fights in threads they have no business in
I agree with you, this is the solution. However, believing anons will ever behave is... Naive.

Quests are diametrically opposed to the very nature of Veeky Forums. They encourage low-content responses instead of measured discussion. They centralize activity around one poster without whom the thread immediately dies. They expect you to have a persistent knowledge of the past threads on a board designed to let old threads slip into oblivion.

More cynically, if a quest cannot survive on /qst/, we probably wouldn't have cared about it on Veeky Forums anyways.

Basically every complaint about quests was from a "stop with things I don't like" perspective. The reasons they gave were all bullshit to hide the plain dislike of that crap.

>First page!
Use catalog, or learn to ignore things you dislike

>They are still showing up!
Filters.

>They are too many
That's because you're using the search function rather than counting by hand, which would lead to the conclusion they were 10-20 threads in a given time. Added to this is the fact that they are not actually part of a singular "topic".

>But they are cancer
Not /pol/ x Tumblr shitposting. Not the one line OP threads with a question or statement that gets 10 replies and dies.
The things killing this board are cyoas, quests, and galatic federation threads (2 of which already got banned off Veeky Forums. Threads about roleplaying and stories, those are ruining Veeky Forums.

>They are gaining a board, it's good for both of us
A board which none of them asked for, is basically a useless dead piece and... Well it's here. That ship has sailed.

Don't get me wrong, /qst/ is here and it should really stay. I'm complaining about the reasons it was created.
They are symptons of the generalized stupidity and narrowminded views that come from the autistic userbase.
But it doesn't matter. We'll keep doing the wrong things to "solve" this problem, because ultimately it's impossible for each and every user to examine their actions.
It'a impossible for a board that is mobilized by autists to eliminate autism.

>Due to their popularity
They weren't much more than 10% of threads on Veeky Forums at any given time, and Veeky Forums is already a slow-ish board. I personally counted multiple times and you can probably use the archive (not suptg) to do it. You think that was popular enough?
Proof of this: /qst/ is one of the slowest boards currently.

>Extra features to help quests
How does that matter? Those were asked for in the thread were the mod announced they would be making this move.
This wasn't something that was being demanded by questfags, but by people who constantly went into these threads they disliked to complain about them.
Or who made metathreads to complain about those other threads.

Stop twisting facts to suit your narrative.

> I'm complaining about the reasons it was created.

Your imagined reasons based on no evidence?
Quit acting like it was a few trolls that got /qst/ made, and you probably will have a saner vision of this website in general.

Fuck, you really think you've got some special insight into the minds of the moderators, that's completely at odds with the available evidence?

Yes, people complained about quests. But, there's a number of more important factors as to why /qst/ was made (lwhich you have tried to either dismiss or ignore purely so you can keep running your mouth with your empty narrative), and you're much better off shutting the fuck up already instead of trying to promote this myth that is exactly the idea you're professing you want to discourage.

Right, when you pals bitched incessantly about quest threads, tried to derail them and made metathreads about it, it was all just fine.
But now it's annoying. Gotcha.

>Hiro says we can have a metathread to talk about problems with Veeky Forums
>but not this specific problem with Veeky Forums!

Why are you always trying to ban things that lots of people on Veeky Forums enjoy having on Veeky Forums?

Can't you just ignore the threads that you aren't interested in?

I'm glad that with the exodus of quests Veeky Forums has been able to embrace high-content responses with measures discussion, like that one thread yesterday where somebody asked for resources on playing a new roleplaying game and some guy immediately started shouting at everyone in the thread over the art style being indicative of a cultural marxist agenda in gaming

Veeky Forums is one of the fastest board. It's within the top 10.

And, /qst/ isn't the slowest board, not by a long shot. Until it's the slowest board, you really don't have much of a case. I mean, look at /cm/, /n/, /gd/, and the other actually slow boards, and count your blessings.

>Stop twisting facts to suit your narrative.

Right back at you.

Fuck off, Satan. In the past I never complained about quests on Veeky Forums and even defended them, since at the time Veeky Forums really was the best board suited for them.

Times have changed, and now /qst/ exists, and now you can shut the fuck up, you little bitch.

Wut?

Okay buddy, you're totally right. The mods made /qst/ because quests were so popular and were smothering Veeky Forums. Now it's probably slow because everyone who was in it died of cancer.

Kindly fuck off.

therewas anattempt.jpg

>Use catalog, or learn to ignore things you dislike
A visitor from another board isn't going to dive through the whole catalog or set up filters. They'll glance through the top of the board and move on. By occupying the highest visibility spots quests are strangling the rest of the board.

Also all those fuckers who never tagged their thread properly to make filters work reliably. It's a technical solution that requires everyone to opt in, and guess who benefits by not doing so.

>Little bitch
Can I let you in on a secret? People who bitched about quests sometimes can still be seen blaming them for Veeky Forumss quality. Shocking isn't it?

>I defended quests
If you read my posts (specifically the first) you'll see I'm not asking to destroy /qst/, I'm calling out to people who create fake arguments as to why it was made.
I don't care about the quests being here or there, I care about the mentality of users.

You reek of a faggot trying to pretend ti be something he is not to shut down opinions about his bullshit

>Never tagged their threads properly
I don't know of any who did it intentionally, but I don't doubt it.
Yeah, that is a bad move.

That's certainly more of a discussion than a half dozen people arguing over whether to take a left turn or a right turn at a hallway intersection, or which girl they should be romancing.

Quests don't fit Veeky Forums's format. They don't really fit Veeky Forums's format either.

And, it being slower than Veeky Forums doesn't make it slow. It just means quests are roughly as popular as talking about going outside or doing things yourself, but still more popular than stuff like graphic design or paper crafts.

You really have nothing to complain about aside from that you want quests to be advertised on more active boards, and for that there's a simple answer of go buy an ad and shut the fuck up.

> I'm calling out to people who create fake arguments as to why it was made.

Burden of proof falls on you to prove that the mods were cowed by trolls into making /qst/, rather than it just being the natural process of boards being split and created.

So, stop being a little bitch and calling other arguments fake when you've got nothing but butthurt head conspiracies.

I just want Veeky Forums to stop being so cynical about everything, and to stop shitting on every game that's not Warhammer or D&D.

They shit on both Warhammer and D&D too.

We're equal opportunity shitters.

>Butthurt conspiracies
Oh, I'm sorry, let me rephrase that:

>Why it was necessary
The mods did what they wanted. I'm going to urge you to read the first post where I say whether or not the board is there doesn't matter to me, and the post were I mention mentality.
I'm arguing agains the mentality of people who shit on quests, the ones you claimed to have argued against, you annoying cunt.
I'm not asking to delete /qst/, and I'm not spewing conspiracies, I'm directly pointing out the people bitched-out about quests were fucking mongs and their arguments were shit.
You are free to go and reread sais arguments, but I feel like you are just one of these mongs trying to pretend we are talking about something else so you don't need to face how fucking bad your points were.

>all those fuckers who never tagged their thread properly to make filters work reliably
Ah yes, the one faggot who you have a screencap of, and all the other questfags that we should just take your word about.

People bitch about EVERYTHING.
I don't see an /elf/ board.

I defended quests because many of the arguments against them were unsound. I never defended their quality, or bothered with debating over what percentage of a board should be dedicated to threads that demand reading through fifty previous threads in order to participate in them, what I defended quests with is the fact that back then, there was no better board for them.

That's no longer the case. There is now a board dedicated to them, and trying to conjure up all these bullshit reasons as to why people should be somehow ashamed of /qst/ rather than proud of it is just too much.

At first, /qst/ was optional. They made it honestly believing that people would elect to go there, that they wouldn't see it as some punishment or containment board, and that people would be happy to have a slower board that would let slower quest threads survive long enough to gain followings.

What they didn't account for, but in hindsight should have, was that the only reason QM's posted on Veeky Forums to begin with was that they wanted the free exposure and advertising their threads would get by having a constantly bumped thread on one of Veeky Forums's more popular boards. Otherwise, they would be running their quests on sites that didn't require supplementary archives and wikis in order to support them.

These little bitches are what eventually made /qst/ mandatory for quests, and why every meta discussion still ends up with you bitches still bitching, and lying, about why /qst/ exists and why everyone is so fucking tired of hearing you bitches bitch.

So, shut the fuck up about quests already. It's a dead subject, because no amount of bitching here will bring quests back.

Maybe he just hates warhammer and D&D and doesn't mind us shitting on them.

Really I just wish for Veeky Forums to stop falling for easy bait and dial back on lazy, low-energy threads, though really a lot of Veeky Forums could use that advice these days.

/elf/ when?

Without quest threads to keep people here entertained, bait threads are the next-best substitute.

Veeky Forums's not going to be a good board until it stops having dedicated mods, because having a mod who resides here means that he's going to ban the board-related content that he personally doesn't like.

Veeky Forums was best when we didn't have mods and people only got banned for breaking the global rules. No one was in charge of enforcing their perception of board culture, which allowed the actual board culture to flourish. Threads that didn't fit the board culture died quickly, and threads that fit the board culture (like quests) were popular.

>What they didn't account for, but in hindsight should have, was that the only reason QM's posted on Veeky Forums to begin with was that this is the board where all the roleplayers lurk, which made it the ideal board for roleplaying, and banning roleplaying on the roleplaying board didn't solve any problems except for the drama queens that couldn't bear to filter out the things they didn't want to see.

Fixed that for you.

>and threads that fit the board culture (like quests) were popular.
No matter how much idiots like to parrot shit like, "Veeky Forums is /d/-lite!!1 xD", the "board culture" will never include ERP and smut threads, dumb anime FotM "stat me" threads, or the plethora of quests that were just some pathetic "Panty Futs Warrior XXII" garbage.

This board never was and will never BE a dumping ground for your dumb, tangential virgin bullshit. You have /pfg/ for that, and anyone who doesn't frequent it knows what a blight it is to the rest of the board.

Buddy, you're never going to change anyone's mine with salty rebuttals that amount to basically "NUH UH", not is historical revisionism going to work when we have a fucking archive to prove you wrong.

Please, shut the fuck up.

Before Veeky Forums was moderated, it was basically a shithole of spam, trolls, and off-topic discussion that was regulated only by people sagebombing threads into oblivion.

It wasn't good because of this, it was good despite this. Excessive moderation did drive away a lot of our content producers and generally damaged our board, but looking back at the past before any moderation and thinking "oh boy, let's bring that back" is just asking for /b/ and /pol/ to turn Veeky Forums into another shitting ground.

>and threads that fit the board culture (like quests) were popular.

Quests didn't fit the board culture, and in fact parasitically allowed small groups to continually bump what would develop into effectively private chatrooms (since they required reading through enormous backlogs in order to participate in them) on this board. It would be like permitting the various lazy but popular threads you find on /b/ on Veeky Forums, and expecting fur/trap/loli/34 dumps to not choke the life out of this board.