Veeky Forums /v/

Any good videogames that scratch that Veeky Forums itch?

The most recent Veeky Forums game I'd have to recommend is Pyre. Really fleshed out fantasy world, game is all about creating a party of weirdos and questing together (though instead of fighting, you're playing magic sports), and there's a huge amount of player choice and things you can do to change the course of the story (including just losing games).

I wouldn't really call pyre Veeky Forums

Divinity Original Sin is quite good

I don't know, even though it may not be a traditional RPG, it's Veeky Forums in the sense that it focuses on world building, adventure, and player choice.

Tyranny is also a good, more traditional recommendation.

>Any good videogames that scratch that Veeky Forums itch?
UnReal World.
Eschalon.
Space Rangers.
Eador Genesis.

>4 replies in
>no one mentioned dwarf fortress

user, that goes without saying.

Along with Planescape: Torment.

Oxenfree was like a really good Unknown Armies adventure. I enjoyed it a lot.

And enjoyed it.

And enjoyed it.

And enjoyed it.

I'm sensing a pattern, here.

Bored marketing student doing a paper, most likely.

Figured something along those lines.

That was a fun one, man.

that pic is futashit isn't it

It's like the middle of summer, though.

Check out Dominions 4, Sunless Sea, the Shadowrun Returns games, E.Y.E, and Kingdom of Dragon Pass.

Not at all, it's wholesome heterosexual family incest.

Jab - Dat Ass 2.

>wholesome

You say that as if you were being ironic, but I have seen a man fuck a giant naked mole rat in the last ten hours.

can't say shit like that without source to back it up

My legs are OK

In a stats and character building sort of sense there's always Knights of the Old Republic.

Eh Im fine with it. Veeky Forums talking about other topics is fun.

As for the op, any rpg that uses states/has a good story fits the bill. Most strategy games are also pretty Veeky Forums as well

If your game doesn't let you lead a pack of murderous undead, it's not a very good game now is it?

Dark Souls, Morrowind, KOTOR, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, to name a few.

Search 4plebs for "naked mole rat".

In terms of TTRPG's, I've not yet found a game which captures the experience better in vidya form than Eon Altar.

It's a four player local co-op RPG where each player uses their phone or tablet as a controller, able to move their character or select options in the turn based combat, as well as managing their inventory and character sheet, upgrading items or selecting and levelling up skills.

While the mechanics are well executed, its approach to storytelling is what makes it super interesting. Each character has lines of dialogue that the players are prompted to read out, as well as secret information you're free to share or conceal at your discretion. Playing it with a group of complete newbies they were all roleplaying without being prompted within the first hour, it was kinda fascinating.

>elona+
MEIN NEGROID

>your face the first time your little girl turns a mob into paste and then smiles at you looking for your approval

What about on the wargame side? Anything about leading armies that's not base building but more like TW/scourge of war?

And I was wondering...is there some game that's like darkest dungeon but plays more like a fantasy space hulk?