Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Will you be porting Starfinder guns and EAC/KAC into Pathfinder? If not, why not?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zqflC-as2Qo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

guns and KAC/EAC ? no, hell no

Maybe adapt, (with a hefty numbers bonus) the ability score increases? hell yes

The reason I buy a game system is so I don't have to make and balance my own.

IF fireball did "whatever your dm feels like it"d6 people would flip. I can't believe you are defending this level of "whatever, just let the dm make the rules" game design.

Some of the guns maybe. And some of the melee weapons, but not EAC/KAC. I need to look at more of the effects, figure out currency conversion, etc.

Your DM is always free to give you whatever the fuck he feels like. That's what a GM does.
If your achievements have earned you a cool higher-leveled gun at a discount because your DM thinks it's a good idea, then it's just something that'll happen. That's not to say that there can't be incompetent DMs, but I'm assuming basic ability.

Would you apply to a game that had a requirement of Gestalt and one side of the Gestalt had to be Unchained Ninja?

Assuming I could change what stat I used for my Ki Pool and it wasn't lewd, sure.

>wasn't lewd
fag

>not wanting to typefuck people makes me a fag

You are arguing against what the rules "should" be with what the rules "are". I know how the rules work. They work bad. you might was well just reply with "lol rule 0 fag"

So as a DM what do you guys think one should do if the players are supposed to kill someone but in a shocking turn of events... don't?

It would depend on the premise. I don't join campaigns for the chargen. That isn't bad in a way that would drive me off, if that's what you're asking.

"Things that I don't like are bad"
Please, cry more namefag.

Depends on what it was and how the party interacted with it/at all.

>supposed to
Continue from there. If things go to shit because they didn't kill this person, that's what happens. Maybe give them a chance to rectify this mistake or if they can't, that's the end of the campaign.

PAINTED ABS

How easy would it be to port an Oracle to Starfinder? I want to play a xeno making first contact with Man.

Typical response: employer gets mad, target (if they know about the attempt and its being dropped) is possibly thankful or vengeful, life goes on.

Unless this was the key to preventing the death of the universe, it should be basically fine.

Someone defending shit like a system lacking rules should go fuck off and do free-form RP on some forum rather than try to play a game of any kind. Games are defined by rules, rather than lack of them

It has rules you chimp.
And every d20 system also has rule 0.
False equivalencies make you look like a fucking retard.

Long story short my players in the game of Rebels I'm running got to the part with the Tengu sisters, but whether it was simply the way I played the angry Corvid or if it was perhaps simply that my players were simply feeling generous they opted to knock her out with nonlethal damage then tie her up instead of outright killing her.

The Investigator then decided that in addition to running a rebellion he'd spend some time "housebreaking" her into focusing her more... violent tendencies towards more productive things like smashing LE guards' faces in. I'm fine with doing that, but this is my first AP after being used to more freeform DM-ing and I'm not sure how important I should make this decision in the long run.

EXCUSE YOU RINKAH IS A GOLDEN AMAZON GODDESS AND YOU WILL RESPECT HER ROCK HARD ABS.

Very, but you may just shit stomp everything.

This is the quality of argument I expected.

>literally saying "lol rule 0 so it's fine!"
jesus

not so sure abut that.

Shouldn't the AP have info about how she approaches diplomacy, capture, escape. It usually has stuff like that.

Just speaking generically, unless they've done something to make this Tengu hate them forever or it's some kind of fanatic, I'd just play it by ear.

It's equivalent in merit to your own argument, simply because your only point is that you don't like something.
Please, make a concrete point if you're going to be a namefag and pollute the threads with your cancer.

rule 0 is fine guys! You're all just puppets in my story. I'm not just writing a book instead because i'm a huge faggot with no friends and need an excuse to have people show interest in me

Something something PM me.

Holy fuck, point out on the doll where the DM touched you user.

Character wealth by level seems more important in this system than PF, since being a level or two ahead of the curve on Weapon is ok but not five (normally). Crafting rules keep you to your level, so no cheating there.

It was a major organ, but I only took 1d4 con.

So you have issues with the fact that the GM ultimately decides when you get a more powerful weapon, despite the fact that is the case in Pathfinder and many other systems, largely because base weapon can scale higher than in Pathfinder.

It's more or less me just ruthlessly mocking out the kind of person that's usually behind the "rule 0 games are fine because rule 0 and the DM can do whatever he wants because it's his game" attitude. Usually power mad DMs

Nice quads, and I'm the same user that made this post. Bad DMs are Bad DMs, you can't really help that.

The AP states that she fights to the death, up to and including an orclike rage for when she falls below 0 (Dire Corbies as a species are basically Tengu/Orc hybrids), but the thing is is that beyond that there's nothing listed in the AP because it assumes that the players are going to be using lethal damage to bring her down. Since nonlethal damage doesn't trigger Ferocity they managed to find the one way to knock her out that the book didn't cover so it says nothing about alternative solutions.

So she fights when she awakens, I guess. Or let them tame her. It's your game, fuck the AP.

Well, congratulations, your group managed to out-think the writers.

I'll just let them tame her, since in the time she was unconscious they tied her up so the only thing she could do when she woke up was sulk.

Sounds like a plan! We offroading now!

Indeed. I have to say though, my players did literally almost none of that section like the book assumed they would. They spotted the Gator almost immediately with really high rolls on Perception so they never tried to go into the water, they had the Rogue sneak into the room with all the boxes and crates then entered the room later with explicit diplomatic intentions, and since they never fought the gator or the Tengu sisters the Corby never had a reason to come out to "play" from where she'd been grounded, so I had to make up an introduction for her where she was smashing furniture like a child having a fit while they approached ever so slowly and cautiously.

There's still plenty of work to be done in the /pfg/ setting!

There's some nice, giant Whalefolk to add lore to!

We've got some Magic Trees regulating magic and keeping it from irradiating you into monsters or worse!

Yeah, that'll happen. APs assume a lot, and anything beyond that is for you to fill in.

>stupid trees preventing me from shedding this frail form to achieve blessed perfection
Truly, nature is the worst.

>First AP villain motivation detected

That sounds cute

Do it loser, I bet you won't.

I guess then that brings to mind the question: What is the most egregious line of assumption in any given campaign that the players will do X thing?

>cute

That's what I said, fag.

What are the deities?

Please, Fag is my father. Call me Mr. Gayman.

None currently developed. Write up a few, if you've got some ideas.

Any of the Dead Sun's AP leak yet?

I guess from a certain point of view it can be seen that way, the way I interpreted her characterization it made it sound like she was basically a fully grown creature with the emotional maturity of a prepubescent child, and played her as such.

Who am I, to disregard a man's simple request?
It's a pleasure, Mr. Gayman.

Not yet, probably soon, though.

The trees also make little flies that turn into dragons

Also, if you want to be undead, just go to the Twisted Wastes, and die there and hope the Tree of Death decides to turn you I to one of her revenge-skellies. Or maybe try to bond with the tree

The pleasure is all mine, I assure you.

So the Augmentations chart seemed really sparse. While I imagine there will be plenty of additional ones added in splats and 3PP what sorts of augmentations would you have liked to see or will homebrew

For instance, something like muscule augs and bone lacing from Shadowrun except it's all one big augmentation to give you extra strength and let you fight unarmed without power armor or something.

I don't barter with potential deck sets for power. I'll cut that fucker down and drink up all the radiation I damn well please.

None yet, though the Eternal Trees seem to fulfill a bit of that niche, but not in the traditional 3.pf deity way. Lore isn't solidified on how Gods work in the setting, though in the original drafting a strongly supported idea was to make religious truth vague like in Everton, meaning a bunch of religions that all give magic, but you will never know which one is real

Accidentally posted in the old thread.

I've been building out characters for a while and I'm kind of getting bored with it.

I've not explored multiclassing much though. What are some freaky hybrids that have a neat gimmick?

I want to remove my brain and put it in a robot. I want bone lacing, replacement muscles, dermal plating, prosthetic and cybernetic limbs, a reinforced bladder, air recycling units, blindsight eyeball replacements, I want to be a goddamn brain in a jar.

Funny, the last fuckers who tried that nuked themselves to death, turned their whole continent into a Mad Max wasteland, and pissed off the Death Tree so much it caused the creation of Undead and Monstergirls.

Besides, even if you destroy one tree, which so far no one has done, there are 19 more to go, scattered across the world, protected by radical and crazy nations and Wizard Utopias. And guns. Lots of guns. And some dragons.

Besides, if you destroy the trees, then Magic (that is in usable form) will cease to exist. Meaning you'll be irradiated, AND reduced to being effectively a Core Rogue without the talents

m o n s t e r g i r l s

>when you just drop out of the game that you genuinely weren't enjoying

youtube.com/watch?v=zqflC-as2Qo

What game senpai?

Do they have to be monstergirls? Can't they just be horrifying, monstrous mutants like normal people?

What are some good mythic feats for a gestalt witch/summoner?

Also it's lewd.

Busta, straight busta

Yeah, but fuck magic anyway. Your wizard hat doesn't mean shit if you can't pull a rabbit out of it, and I'll be too busy stroking my irradiated turbodong to give a fuck about anything else. Stop me and my crazy cultists if you can, guncucks! Enjoy your misfires!

Well, I guess technically it's anything from the sliding gradient from Kemonomimi to ungodly mutant

Unless you go work for Not!Immortan Joe, in which case you get Joe's mutant Lamia concubines

im not putting anyone on blast because it will then be incredibly obvious as to who i am

Sacred Fist with a Master of Many Styles dip?
Barbarian/Bard/Dragon Disciple?
Cavalier/Bard/Battle Herald?

nowadays im on my haters they got sadder

thats money longer

different song bruh.

different producer~

You knew we'd ask. Why would you do this? Just to maximize the pain?

The good old Rerollmancer is a really cancerous build for sure, and that's just on his own. And dread the day you allow the Rerollmancer to Gestalt, for he will become a Witch | IrDCOradin and you will never again hit anything.

So it's a pfg game?

There's also the "4 stats to AC" build, which is utterly silly but not entirely shit if you're a gestalt.

you derive pain from not knowing the situation of someone youve probably never talked too in your life?

youre weird bro

Greater KYS

>Cultist user finally gets irradiated
>His dick shrivels and falls off due to the magic radiation
>Also his fingers, skin, and hair too.
>He dies consumed by excruciating pain and agony, then his body is used as fertilizer to regrow the tree he cut down
Way to go idiot, you failed, got yoself and yo dick permakilled, pissed off almost the entire world, and in the end achieved nothing you couldn't have done by chopping your balls off instead

Congratulations, idiot

Narutofinder could be fun

Interesting. Would it essentially just make you a living construct or would you add more stuff to it. I would leave it open endedd enough so you can fluff how it goes like getting a full on Major Kusanagi style body or something like MGR where you're a head and spine essentially.

I killed 20 trees nobody else could, irradiated the world, killed magic as we know it, and pissed everybody off. I also got my penis permakilled, which is more impressive than getting it regular killed. I'll probably go down in history or efforts will be made to erase my name completely, which is its own kind of fame. Suck my shriveled, permadead dick, magic trees!

If you want to try to leverage your 3/4s BAB, you might want Mythic Arcane Strike. The Mythic Metamagic feats are neat. Mythic Improved Initiative is critical, because high-power PF is rocket tag. I'm not sure if Mythic Spell Focus/ Mythic Elemental Focus is necessary, but it's worth noting that if you take Spell Perfection you'll also double the bonus you get from them AND from the non-mythic versions of the feats.

Come on user, try to give a real answer. It should be Mythic Greater KYS, right?

4 Stats to AC? I know how to get Dex, Wis, and Int, but what else are you running to get another stat funneled in there?

>Got my penis permakilled

Now there's an epitaph for the ages.

host narutofinder

I'd probably go for a human in a machine, exploring at what point you stop being human. The importance of basic sensation, and how our bodies shape the way we interact and perceive the world. As the character progresses down this path, their worldview would change.

Narutofinder would be everyone with one half full caster though.

>I'll probably go down in history
You won't. The world is now destroyed, all of life was destroyed by magical radiation, and the world fell apart, because the entities that were physically AND metaphysically holding the world together are gone, meaning reality is gone.

No one will remember you, because no one exists anymore. Your actions no longer exist, and all you just did was restart reality and have it rebuild itself all over again. Everything you've done is now more than pointless, especially since there is no sure known afterlife.

You are not famous, nor are you infamous. Your just someone who no longer exists and has no evidence for his existence. Congrats, your whole life and existence was more pointless and more nothing than all the events of Sonic 06.

Conglaturations, a retard is you

Kapenia Dancer+Eldritch Scion Magus works, but the more straightforward one is Iroran Paladin. Which also gives you CHA-to-Saves.

I've also been informed by experts that there are ways using common pfg 3pp options to get both CON and STR to AC...so, well.

Well, I took all those other fuckers with me. And isn't that what really matters in the end? Letting your petty ambitions restart the entirety of existence? Oh, that also means I permakilled every dick in the world before it reset. That's more than anybody else can say. Literally, since they're dead. We can only pray that somebody is stupid enough to want blessed perfection in the next cycle.

My preferred method for the first 3 (including Dex which just gives you AC inherently) is to gestalt UC Monk and Vigilante!Stalker. Paladin could also work to get Cha I suppose, though good luck trying to fit all 3 mental scores plus a physical into what is, in the end, going to be more likely than not a very melee focused build.

I just realized that I run the same themes in every game I run unknowingly. The themes themselves aren't important, I just wanna know, is this okay or do is there a possibility that I have issues?

Dude, I once had a DM that was super into having unreasonably huge doors inevitably show up in every campaign of his we played, having a running theme is nothing new nor is it wrong, and sometimes your players can even have fun with it if they notice too!

If you didn't realize it until now, it should probably be okay. Even famous writers and directors reuse the same concepts and ideas, how else do you think Alfred Hitchcock and Hayao Miyazaki got famous?

No, that's pretty normal.

As long as it's not like you've got an axe to grind, as long as you're not offending or browbeating your players about these themes, and as long as they're not just awkwardly crowbarred in, you're fine.

Hell, every writer tends to have recurring themes, noticing yours is just a good sign of learning something about yourself.

Chaotic evil is the best alignment