So if the Custodes and Grey Knights deploy to the same battle, do the Custodes get mind wiped after the battle?

So if the Custodes and Grey Knights deploy to the same battle, do the Custodes get mind wiped after the battle?

I'd wager the Custodes mind wipe the Grey Knights in order to get their oiled slick bodies out of their heads

I'm pretty sure the whole "mind-wiped or executed" thing only applies to [spoilers]most[/spoilers] Guardsmen and Civilians. Other Space Marines and Sisters seem to exempt from it.

first of all good luck trying, the custodes answer only to the emperor

second of all, the custodes must be well versed in all knowledge of the day to properly protect the emperor, so the custodes would "know too much" just by existing

third, custodes have the final say on all matters within the imperial palace, above the inquisitors or high lords, so they can just crumple paper on their phone and claim interference and agree to meet in their official meeting room on terra

Space Marines get their memory wiped, though there seems to be some exceptions like the Space Wolves.
Considering the Custodes practically use the golden throneroom as their break room, I'd say they rank higher then an inquisitor

>the inquisition
>stepping to the custodes

Then again they're fighting Guilliman tooth and nail so

>like the Space Wolves
veteran marines in general are left alone, unless their mentality gets called into question

grey knights are such mary sue cocksuckers.

It depends on what a chapter is willing to accept as treatment

Wolves Famously almost rebelled when after Angrons Incursion to Armageddon, thousands upon thousands of surviving guardsmen were due to execution or sterilization (dependant on exposure to corruption).

Wolves would fight tooth and nail against any mindwipefuckery,

While good ol smurfs would submit like the legalistic loyal bitchboys they are

How do they prevent veterans from telling other spacers about the Grey Knights? Who decides who's veteran enough to know? This doesn't sound functional to me.
Yeah, they're literally perfect. That's the point.

the wolves protested the treatment of the regular humans, they weren't literally fighting to protect themselves against inquisition mind wipe squads

by the rules, wouldn't Guilliman himself have to get mind wiped if he deployed with the Grey Knights

It's not a matter of marines being veteran. It's a matter of power-hungry Inquisitors who get off on having marines mind-wipe themselves at their say-so. So all the marines that the Inquisition has the political clout to mind-wipe will get mind-wiped. They'd mind-wipe chapter masters if they could, even if it would cripple the command structure of a space marine chapter. That's how inquisitors work - the organization is set up to only allow people who are tyrants beyond all reason to succeed. They're the worst of humanity, treated like the best.

Is this why Dreadnoughts usually know all the secrets of their Chapter?

Typically people that fucks up demons are exempt from it. Also everyone that wears an excessive amount of gold.

The GK codex makes a distinction between Marine mindwiping and guard mind wiping, in that the former is difficult but removes the event, whereas the latter turns you into a slave-husk.
Also marines are sometimes just sworn to secrecy also, and I doubt the custodes dont already know the GK exist, or that they would tell anyone to begin with.

Red Scorpions fought at vraks tangentially with Grey Knights and didn't get mind wiped.

The 88th Krieg Siege Regiment didn't get mind wiped either, despite being guardsmen. Instead they just got bound as the personal army of Inquisitor Rex.

Honestly it seems like if your army sets out knowing its gonna be fighting chaos/renegades, is trustworthy and loyal to the emperor and the inquisitor on duty isn't a complete dick then the mindwipes aren't really used.

Why bother? It's not like nearly all Custodes didn't fight in the single most devastating daemon incursion in imperial history, so them knowing about the existance of chaos is a given.

>This doesn't sound functional to me.
Because it isn't. It's a system devised to just make the GK sound cooler in a bit of fluff and it got made widely applicable because the people who write the lore didn't think super hard about it.

Which is what they're hoping you're going to do.

The story was just meant to make the GK sound cool and ominous, not have a working system for who gets it and who doesn't. The whole thing is dumb but there are plenty of things as dumb and poorly thought out out there too so it's whatever in the end, I guess.

>88th Krieg

>Space Marines get their memory wiped
Bullshit.

Space Marine chapters that have bad blood with the Inquisition but don't have the political power to tell the Inquisition to fuck right off get mindwiped.

None of the First Founding Chapters would have to suffer through mindwipes because whatever Inquisitor signed that order would be found strangled to death in a toilet locked from the inside after five minutes.

>How do they prevent veterans from telling other spacers about the Grey Knights? Who decides who's veteran enough to know? This doesn't sound functional to me.
It's not about keeping the Grey Knights secret. It's about that when the Grey Knights arrive, there are already so many demons on site that anyone without superhuman willpower will probably end up severely fucked up from the events they will see.

Well, many marines would undergo mindwipes voluntarily, since daemon invasions are such mindfuckery that they'd rather have that memory seared out of their skull. And sometimes even that wouldn't help, in which case the Emperor's peace is applied.
That being said, this has been such a back-and-forth over the years that it really is up to the individual to decide which fluff they stick with.

Didn't Girlyman made the Gray Knight public during the indomitus crusade? since well... half the warzones were full of demons?

> Space Marines get their memory wiped

This is from the old fluff, the same stuff that says Space Marines are all criminals press-ganged into serving, Sisters of Battle are Space Marine hunters / commissars, and the Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines is half-Edlar. It was try once, but not anymore.

>the same stuff that says Space Marines are all criminals press-ganged into serving, Sisters of Battle are Space Marine hunters / commissars, and the Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines is half-Edlar.
I am pretty sure it is really old, but not that old. Isn't it from the old demonhunters codex?

It is I have the old demonhunters codex and it's in there.

Kek

It's pointless to mindwipe Custodes since
>they only take orders from the Emperor or someone who they believe acts with His authority (Guilliman)
>they already know about Chaos and large amounts of them were exposed to it during the War in the Webway
>they're just as incorruptible as the Grey Knights except they don't need sorcery wards or whatever inside their armor since their minds are built like labyrinths that daemons would need an eternity to get through

>thousands upon thousands of surviving guardsmen were due to execution or sterilization
>or sterilization

What the fuck, why ?

"Oi mate you saw some daemons ? Well we're going to have to snip your ballls of, too bad"

so they can't spread any Slaanesh/Nurgle infections?

Good ole Ilyan Nastase, miss those days. Didn't we have some inquisitor named obi wan sherlock or something too?

No, they get turned into servitors.

Given that chaos is figuratively and literally a disease it makes sense.

Dreadnoughts are reserved for the most senior veterans. These are chapter masters/first company captain tiers

>questioning the emperors holy inquisition