Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

How cute is your character when casually dressed and out of armor and all? Are they even cuter that way?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5356459/crewmembers/?pageforid=5356798#post-5356798
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/86045/bambackslash-to-the-west
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Shimye-Magalla, the divine two for one.

>How cute is your character when casually dressed and out of armor and all?

Extremely handsome, put him in a noble event and he'd be the duke of the dance floor!

Triaxian - Are they just like the Yuuzhan Vong without the warrior culture?

>Are they just like the Yuuzhan Vong without the warrior culture?

... No? Triaxians are neither organic-based or obsessed with exterminating all life. They're closer to Shadowrun than Star Wars.

The only planet that approaches the Yuuzhan Vong is Aucturn.

Don't give up, user! Where there's a will, there's a way!

Seek out some reviews, and make sure you aren't applying to a game just because you want to get into any game. GMs can usually sense through an app when someone is actually engaged or interested in the campaign material.

Consider friending fellow applicants and talk about each other's app, different view points can inspire new ideas for a character or point out illogical or unnecessary elements in your background!

If you really think the problem lies in yourself, don't let it end there! Improve! Sometimes just noticing the quality of your apps getting better over time can be enough of a reward in itself!

He could clean up nicely, but there's nothing to be done about his deformities. He'd probably need to wear a Hat of Disguise to a formal event...though he's been told his strange features are charming enough that he'd show them off proudly for the right person.

In Starfinder they pilot fighter jets with their smol dragon buddies.

They look like Vong tbat have settled down.
What do you mean not organic based?

They aren't ideologically opposed to non-organic technology, I think they meant.

>What do you mean not organic based?

Triaxian technology is not centered around biological constructs and crab armor.

Probably doesn't qualify as cute. She's short, which can be seen as endearing, but sure a musclegirl.

Pretty cute, and at most a chain shirt. Sleeves of many garments ensure cute outfits.

Close, but no cigar!
And he's nowhere near the poet Cyrano was.

These Triaxian fellows are found in Pathfiner right?
Are they a common played race?

Ie Not oh fuck why are you a Vong.

...Is Rosy actually your character art?
If so, you're my nigger now.

They're the dominant race on Triaxus, so never seen on Golarion except in the exceedingly rare case that one of them might fall through an interplanetary gate or something.

Where are you getting the idea that Triaxians are based or even inspired by the Vong?

Thanks! I'm a bit nervous talking with other applicants, but I'll try to reach out.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5356459/crewmembers/?pageforid=5356798#post-5356798

>9 Int
Would you trust this dumb LITERAL bastard to remember his bachelor snuff?

She is, needed art for a lusty lady with some vine themed powers and damn does she fit it well.

Nope, which just means you need to finish him other ways!

You're the fucking man. I hope you have fun with that character.

New to Pathfinder so in English doc.
I thought Pathfinder was just a fantasy setting and Starfinder was just rpg in space.

Google images, they look like nice (r) Vong without the crab armour, tatoos and anger issues.

>I thought Pathfinder was just a fantasy setting and Starfinder was just rpg in space.

Yes and yes, though Triaxus is still a planet in Pathfinder and it's also a planet in Starfinder.

Nah, Pathfinder has some aliens, and Starfinder is the same setting thousands of years in the future.

Neat. I forget that in PF/SF you can meet your deity and have tea and biscuits with them.

Two things:

1. Does Hylax find it weird when Humans and other species follow her?

2. If the deity has a physical presence in the setting, do their followers have to make a trip to meet them?

So they would be essentially an alien in the pathfinder setting?

Did a little translation of stuff from pathfinder to starfinder, and decided to play about with alternate racial traits.

>Kitsune
>Drow
>Elves (As the corebook elves kinda suffer from a translation that cut out features entirely from them rather than translating that feature to starfinder)

If he shows up dressed like that? I'd throw my night tea out the window and his bachelor snuff with it.

I gave S&S an app.

I hope it's not a boozle.

You are correct on both accounts-Pathfinder is fantasy, and Starfinder is sci-fi. However, there are ways of traveling to other worlds in Pathfinder-one is actually a pretty vital plot device in one of the Adventure Paths.

Yes!

>elf mechanics get two free feats

Overpowered.

my crush is flirting with somebody else before my eyes

Dwarves get an advanced proficiency (Advanced melee vs longarms) and spec as well. On top of the +2 being vs all spells rather than just enchantment.

The intention was to balance them with corebook dwarves/halflings.

Right so I can't play a Vong without seriously fucking up the dm.

Thanks all.

What is an easy to grasp race that isn't the usual human/elf/dwarf for pathfinder?

Who with who?

>What is an easy to grasp race that isn't the usual human/elf/dwarf for pathfinder?

Just read about how that race interacts with the rest of the world, and fill in the gaps. Pathfinder is pretty good about telling you where a race fits into the world.

For example, Tengu are giant crow-people and are notable lovable scamps. If you make one you should make them roguish, fast-talking and slightly kleptomaniacal.

I lost the url of the preceding image, can someone link me ? Thanks to anyone willing to help.

Details?

Their crush with not them, clearly.

>Fighter with 20 Str gets a +2 undead bane dragon bane greatsword, which turns out to be his focused and specialized weapon of choice dealing 30 on average per hit at 6th level
>rest of players don't have magic weapons
Goddamnit

How did he come by such an incredible weapon? And how did the rest of you schlubs get to level 6 without so much as a +1 to your miserable names?

No magic item creation feats allowed
No magic market yet
GM is making a kingmakerish campaign, different enough to not be kingmaker but similar enough in what city creation means

And the sword was what, an act boss' weapon? Bad idea to leave that kind of thing in easy reach.

Counterflirt. Or communicate your feelings to your crush, and maybe they'll reciprocate. Unless you like being a mermaid, I guess.

Magic items that we find are rolled, but so far everything is either leather +1 (yeah, fucking leather, we have already 5 of those), minor wondrous items and then a +1 dagger. That sword was the last shit, and I doubt that was rolled, too fucking good and too much above the level we're

I probably fucked up because I'm playing a monk like character so I don't think I'm going to find anything suitable for me till we improve our city

>DM takes pity on fighter for playing a shitty class
>user fails to realize this

How do you make underwater combat not insane?

Not have underwater combat.

Time to beg for dead suns pdf

That is my guess aswell. Whenever I gm, I always make sure all the lowest tiered classes get some toys.

>OP is playing a monk
>"lets help the fighter with a +4 weapon"
kay

I WANT A STARFINDER

GIVE ME A STARFINDER.

I did.

Can't do, we're in the realm of the goddess of water and evil

Someone want to learn more about Aballon?

Use piercing weapons. Greater hat of disguise for a swim speed, and ioun stone for air. Don't cast fire spells. Freedom of Movement works too.

Ignore all the new aquatic combat rules with the latest aquatic book.

Link.

I'm mobile and it's an unabashed bamboozle, so maybe later, if you just want a prompt for making an app. If not, make a campaign with rotating GMs or join the Starfinder Discord. I think they're running one-shots.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/86045/bambackslash-to-the-west

That's the one.

I hate how 4 in every 5 games is a bamboozle these days.

I also won't shill, but Shackles at least seems slightly less blatantly bamboozled than the other recent AP games. The GM's been active here and has even applied to other games and gotten Roll20 achievements. Still could totally be a fakeout but at least it's something.

I was told by user they didn't care if it was a boozle, they just wanted to app to something.

>Dr. Pavelian, I'm Azlanti Star Empire.

How's this one?

The evil that men do.

All Boozle GMs have been active till they pulled the boozle cord.

Iron GodsGM disappeared weeks before the game was supposed to start.

I do, only because I want to homebrew a race from there.

Basically the idea that some of the machines there decided they want and/or need to figure out if they can become like the First Ones so they make more humanoid forms and venture from Aballon to gain experience.

Also, the Androids of Starfinder are nothing like PF androids rights? An idea for Full Body Conversion (ala ghost in the shell) came to me and I kind of want to set down some perks and drawbacks to actually going through with something like that and one idea was minuses to things like being inspired or whatever because of muted (not completely gone) emotional senses.

Obviously the motherfucker is going to change it up slightly.

Starfinder androids and Pathfinder androids are literally the same thing.

>iron gods boozle GM joined in the winter of 2017
>carnal gm and shackles gm joined in the summer

If it's the same guy, he's had to have been doing this for over 6 months. Not saying it's impossible or even unlikely, but it's a little unlikely that the same guy is making consistent bamboozles.

More likely it's people make a game, especially in the case of lewd games, gets hyped up about it then blows their literal and metaphorical loads and suddenly doesn't give a solitary shit anymore.

If the same happens with Shackles, I'll be pretty wary of games from now on.

Not entirely, their origin is different.

I guarantee its a bamboozle. Its so fucking easy to copy paste content from players guide and use the same formatting and chargen rules as any pfg game.

They're almost identical.

Starbound races for Starfinder when

Never.

>winter of 2017
So you're saying he's from the future? 4 months and 9 days into the future?

>released into the custody of a priest for summ kinda sooside skwad

Seems a bit sus

>january
>february

Time traveling bamboozles.

It was the best reference to Journey to the West my whiskey-soaked brain could manage.

>Gestalt
>20 PB
>Level 5
>Starfinder

What in tarnation.

>tfw Foxtits in space

What, you want more? Go fuck yourself, I'm not giving you more.

So who are we shipping Daddy Knight with? Who are we shipping his son with? His son is with him as a cohort.

MORE LORE!

>Up far north, at the top of the world, one would not normally expect to find much civilization, much less an empire. Yet the Radient Luminerium of Ecladeaux exists regardless of the ever frozen ice-sheets and conditions, centered around its capital city of Aurore. Aurore is a brilliant and gleaming city, perpetually gleaming and basking in the radiance of the Villalize, the crystalline Eternal Tree of Light. IT is because of this light that life is able to thrive here, as the life provides nourishment for the growth of a rare plant known as the Feucine, a hardy root based plant which harnesses light to create its own heat and burrow through the ice. For generations, the people of the north pole have used this plant as the basis of their civilization to provide not only heat, but to also graft other crops onto this plant for consumption.

>The cities of the Luminerium are beautiful and gleaming, expertly crafted and carved from the ice, and often accentuated with fur pelts an light focused into gleaming arrays of light from specialized lenses of varrying qualities of ice. The grand Azure Palace, the seat of government and home to the Solar King, is carved from the finest of Blue Ice, hence the name, enhanced and fortified with the strongest magics, and decorated with masterful sculptors, engravings, tapestries, and with gems and precious ores encrusted within the very walls. Exotic plants, imported from the southerly climes and grafted into pots of Feucine line the halls and promenades, and specially crafted ice lenses paint the walls, ceilings, and floors in a veritable rainbow of lights.

No no, I'm saying that's a TON of CharGen.

I want to play a Radiant Knight of the Luminary Kingdom!

>The current Solar King, who has been the one responsible for the recent imperialistic nature of the Luminerium and the spread of its culture and resources to across the arctic realms is the radiant dragon Chiozespierre The Rising. Born from the Eternal Tree Villalize, whilst a large and developing drakefly nesting in the Light Tree, he was found and captures by the previous Solar King, Zephrain the Eccentric, who raised and nurtured the creature for and groomed it to one day have the intelligence and acumen to become th most powerful and long-lived king Aurore would ever know.

>"As a ruler, Chiozespierre has been noted for hisgreat sense of ambition matched only by his cunning and great mind for management and ruling. IT has been under his supervision that the nation has grown in prosperity, prestige, and quality-of-life, and the research in both Feucine use and Lenscrafting has blossomed exceptionally. Nowadays, the nation makes a pretty penny in sales of masterfully crafted lenswork, their famously bold-tasting Feucine based wines, and of course in the sale of arctic fish and whale-oil. Though there have been rumors spilling from the nation that the royal scholars may soon discover some new uses for the extract of Feucine root, including potentially a replacement fro traditional cetacean oils. If such a thing were to happen, Ecladeaux would swiftly become one of the wealthiest nations in the world, with the Royal Military, Farshots, and Drakensang Brigades to protect to protect them.

And there, here's the basic lore of the "Sun worshiping empire that also wants guns"

How about Radient Dragon Muskateer Knight?

I know, I'm being a shitter. Like I said, it's basically a prompt because somebody wanted to make SOMETHING for SF. The stupid chargen was my drunken way to make sure people understood it wasn't serious, while also giving them lots of room to play around with backstory and weird ideas, like a decent Envoy. Feel free to make something stupid, ignore it, or call me an idiot. You can even poach the idea, though it's incredibly basic. Just please stop demanding other people run games. That's how we get a surge of low quality games and bamboozles. Three system is really new and we don't even have the bestiary.

I think I made Rokar too badass

What's the Starfinder discord?

Are there any plans for 9th casters in starfinder or are they committed to this spontaneous casting 6th caster bullshit?