Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Rood 2 lood edition

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8 [Open]

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Ey ya gits, I wanna try out 10 Nobs, 1 with PK, 9 with Power Stabbas, A normal Warboss, and a WAAAGH! Banner nob in a ard case battlewagon with deffrolla.
My only concern is that is combo is a hefty 599 points, and I want to you know if anyone has tried something similar, and if this is worth the investment?
If no, whats the ideal way to run nobs? They seem great this edition compared to in 7th

NO STEEL LEGION PLASTICS PLEASE WE NEED UPDATED CADIANS I CAN'T TAKE THESE FOOTBALL SIZED SHOULDERPADS AND HELMETS ANY LONGER PLEASE

*blocks your path*

So what faction/race do the femanons (if they exists) on /40kg/ like to lewd the most?
dont say nids

Outside of the lore and whatnot, why do so many people have a problem with bigger, better, more detailed marine models?

I personally love them and they kind of make me not want to use my original Marines.

Best changes? The new helmets and the fact that the pauldrons are more appropriately proportioned.

is it at all fluffy for a defiler to have the soul of someone bound to it rather than a daemon?

Good new thread here
gtfo retarded jackoff

Nurgle.

Shitposter-kun, please!
Don't try to derail the thread so early~

guise I'm running out of HWT

>Bought one of those crusader citadel boxes

Could it hold around 300 models?

Are you going to sell off your metal SL if these plastic SL rumours turn out to be true?

Stay butthurt that you were too slow fag
To help get this thread going what's everyone working on, I'd post something myself but I've been at work all day

This one was made before faggot. And the both have shitty sister memes so they both suck.

>Being this assblasted over not making a new thread first
Pottery

why would I? My goal is to have 300 infantry to complete this army, and I'm only to 110 lasguns + some shitload of HWT. Plastic steel legion will just let me convert better officers and mix new poses in with the old models, assuming they look similar enough.

Honestly Sisters should be squatted.

Sickeningly poor fluff element that never should have even been hinted at confirmed.

Okay tg so I've heard a lot of complaints about lore lately so here goes
You can utterly vaporize the lore that spawned from one single book/supplement/codex/whatever from any edition
What do you pick?

How should I make my herald of nurgle stand out from my plaguebearers? I'm the guy with the "thicc daemonettes"

NYET

Go to bed, tired cat user.

30 more of these to go.

genestealer cults

Swarmlord

All that power and they still had to bathe in blood just to be safe.

Dr. Green here to remind everyone to take their daily dose.

>cheetahfag is defending my thread
>feels good man
How are your berserking doing with the new codex? Or are you a different big cat homosexual?

I've still got ice to mine, so I'll be up for at least another hour

Why is there still no official roster builder with the meme builder being dead for so fucking long?

Chaos players keep losing, are they not unloading soul grinders? Come on!

1st War for Armegeddon. Can we just have no Chaos involved in something 4 once.

Read the filename, I'm just a friend of cheetah

>doesn't even have a planet
>demands new armor

Nah, new stuff is reserved for regiments that still hold their homeworlds.

I made a Devilfish for Konor. Also a random person thought my freehand cadre markings were decals, which made me feel nice.

Uuuuuuum, what?

Do we no longer have any audiobooks in megas? It looks like all rules in all of them, no other media.

Does anyone have one saved with audio?

>thicc daemonettes
?

That part's been soft retconned already. New fluff states the Grey Knights fought alongside the Sororitas and kicked ass.

At about the same time, the retconned the BA/Necron alliance into the Necrons tricking/fucking with the BA, and the BA commanders coming up with the alliance cover-story while secretly plotting vengeance.

T A U

did you just put red markings on plastic and called it a finished model? the state of tau painting these days.

aeldari

kawaii

That's the thing though: Except for only recruiting psykers and having their own fancy equipment setup, Grey Knights are just ordinary Astartes.

But now they're ordinary Astartes with THE EMPEROR'S OWN GENE SEED

...Hell, does the Emperor even have progenoids? He's a ball of Turkish psykers, not a Primarch.

well it's a step up from grey tide isn't it?

Which GW writer should we thank for undoing the Mat Ward fuckery?

>gray tide with some red stickers on it
>Tau

checks out

Is it seriously only 90pts for 30 conscripts?

Are we getting plastic clampack Primaris lieutenants? Or do I just make them from intercessors?

>An ancient meme reawakens
Thought the days of be getting got by that was long gone

>new codex release
>no one shows up for games
Anyone get to test it yet? Just looking at it and all the price reductions it just seems like a huge buff for chaos.

I've been able to fit in tons of extra models in to my list, an average saving of 100-130 points over my index lists.

tyrandis

or drastically change the lore around tyranids.

is everything have to be hopeless?

Matt Ward

No they retconned that one into the Silent King opens negotiations with Dante, who proceeds to try to nuke him under a flag of peace but the 'Crons detect the nuke and quietly teleport it out of the rhino and act like nothing happened.

in 40k?

YES. That's the point. You can get your noblebright scifi shit is a dozen other universes.

>doughty warrior

So a question: when does the Electromancer Canticle be triggered? I figured it was a temporary aura effect made only when units initially come within an inch, but my opponent and at least one other person insisted it only triggers at the beginning of battle turn when Canticles itself activates.

Still new to AdMech, not entirely sure.

I can't hate this little bugger.

You never been on /v/ then.

Is that green or unpainted plastic?

If you're going to make it so uniform then you're going need highlights my dude.

Guardfag here, can confirm
yes, at least 2 squads of 30 is manditory these days

Not a fan of "character" Nids?

It's painted Castellan green, and no those aren't stickers. Apparently my lighting is shit? Apologies for potato phone camera.

Get rid of nids. Let necrons be the unstoppable horror blah blah. At least they're tied to the War in Heaven like most of the other races. You want mutations and horrible aberrations? Go Nurgle.

>Grey
Are you blind or just slow Chaos players?

Fucking hell. That's a lot cheaper than I thought.

>the Silent King opens negotiations with Dante, who proceeds to try to nuke him under a flag of peace
Why are Space Marines not specifically noted otherwise such unrelenting cunts?

HEY LOSER HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF

Night lords were retconned into a Khorne Slaanesh hybrid legion

AND

Iron warriors were retconned into a Nurgle Tzeetch hybrid legion

That's what some fag on here called them when I first posted one of them as a joke (it had horrid mould lines). Since then he started two threads with that image calling them "thicc daemonettes edition"

>guardsmen tries to shoot himself
>BLAM
>misses with bs 4+
>tries again
>BLAM, some nids stop and start to move towards the noise
>fails to wound
>panics and empties what's left of his power pack into his lasburned helmet
>BLAM,BLAM,BLAM
>missed and fails to wound before getting one shot through that is saved by his 5+
>brutally eaten alive by rippers

You mean why can't space marines just honorably negotiate with soulless xenos armies who desire the extinction of all life? Tough one.

I'd sooner nides (or orkz) be the ones to bring apocalypse about for everyone else, than chaos. At least they wouldn't be insufferably smug about it.

No more any old MK variant armor. If only they would have just released normal Marines with the size of deathwatch/TS/DG

i've done it with fewer stabbas and it was a lot of fun, saves a few points and when screened by fast moving shit they had to deal with it was a fun squad to end the game with

>everything have to be hopeless?
Yes

>reveal is tomorrow
>forgeworld open day is also tomorrow

TITANICUS

GET READY FOR TINY TITANS!

Will do in the future. Or attempt. It's green, and I don't normally do vehicles/highlighting all that much, so I'm pretty new at it. Prefer painting infantry. Pic related.

They're not the Emperor's own, they were made from the combined geneseed of the eight original members of the Grey Knights who were deemed ultimately pure of having never once succumbed to Chaos, and some of those members were even from Traitor Legions. The Emperor put all that shit together using his science magic to make what's now the Grey Knight geneseed.

The Emperor doesn't have progenoids, as he's just a very large human (confirmation taken from a Sister of Silence that's seen his true face, and surprise it's his normal face sans golden glow). He just took all the best parts that grew out of the scattered legions, as located by Malcador, and put them together.

As opposed to Imperium, who have souls and desire the extinction of all sentient life except for themselves.

Why someone would do it something like that?

Basically everything in the Emperor's Gift, but especially the months of shame shite

>no trigger discipline
absoultely heretical desu

For some reason the herald is turning out REALLY dark though. Might drybrush him with Lucius?

yep, think of it as a shitty spawndom... or sweet as fuck if you're into being a 30ft mechanical monstrosity

>they were made from the combined geneseed of the eight original members of the Grey Knights who were deemed ultimately pure of having never once succumbed to Chaos, and some of those members were even from Traitor Legions.
A whole eight people who never succumbed to Chaos? Not even once? Well gosh golly if that isn't material for a super special chapter I don't know what is.

Uh yeah, the Imperium was creates just as the last flickers of human life were about to go out, as Xenos of all kinds swept in to pick apart the last human civilization. What makes 40k unique among universes is that the "good" guys really don't exist. The Imperium is a dogmatic, unforgiving, xenophobic engine of warfare because it HAS TO BE ONE in order for mankind to survive. The galaxy would eat them alive if they were even slightly tolerant.

Where are your Bullgryn?

Tau are tolerant and they do ok for themselves

I haven't been on /v/ in so long... haven't had a dose in years.......

Anyone find anything new or interesting in the new GK or CSM codexes?

Reading over the GKs, fluffwise their dark Imperium era fluff is pretty neat, apparently the grand masters are seriously considering doing the terminus decree.

Crunchwise the relics are neat and the warlord traits are pretty good. Psybolt ammo is a semi-hidden gem and being able to deep strike entire dreadnoughts for a mere 1 CP is gold.

Sanctuary is sweet and will see serious play time as will astral aim.

The dreadknight grand master is an okay fire magnet to pop prognosticars and sanctuary on, being able to use the nemesis lord trait on the dreadknights daemonhammer makes it base D6+1, minimum 4 which is pretty sweet.

I wonder how'd these lot look with some splotches of other color wash...
Also, why's the nurgling not purple?

Something super special about all those fuckers. Whatever, that Luna Wolves guy was just tasked by Malcador to go and collect the other seven Dragonballs fucks, including some mysterious blackshield with half a face, a sad Ultramarine, and a feral Luna Wolf who was still running around Istvaan.

>Hundreds of thousands of your brothers fall
>More than a million of your cousins fall
>Half the people in the galaxy fall
>Your father and half your uncles fall

To be honest they did avoid lot of bad influence.

Look at the new codex, it straight up says GKs have a new geneseed with their progenitor being the emperor himself.

Perty was already retconned in to bring a Nurgle daemon prince, not an undivided one.

Tolerant, even when a species they take over mysteriously all dies to a plague the Tau are immune to

are all chaos dreadnaughts now called hellbrutes?

As soon as I'm done ridding myself of that epub filetype and translating it into much better pdf.

But I want steel legion

I feel Nurgle Tzeetch would make more sense, with him loving protracted combat and brilliant planning.