/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition Edition

Season 8 Veeky Forums Fumbbl League is underway.
Legendary Edition news.
Meme leagues when?
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/forge-world-open-day-live-blog/
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=993567
chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17160
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Meme leagues when?

Now.

Nice job updating OP.

Any advice how to coach ogres?

roll good armor dice and get lots of doubles or stat ups on levels

Don't.

Roll 10+ on armor.

New pro elves!

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/forge-world-open-day-live-blog/

New pictures of Elven Union and alternate troll. Also, pics from the event itself have options for the previously shown minotaur to have a claw.

pic related

>Knee pad not painted green or as he use the face of a goblin
Son I'm disappointed

>putting green accessories on purple armor
thanks, doc

Yeah look bad on that colour scheme, and I was hoping for that elf being for chaos renegades, so being dark elf that may work
Overall I like the elf catcher and I hope that they release a dual kit for elves and dark elves on the elf box ... Not gonna happen but hey why not

Thanks but besides praying to nuffle to bust armour, any strategies or tactics I can use?

Not really. It's that kind of team.
Hide your snotglings, I guess.

Alright then. I will see how I do once Bb2 LE comes out.

>Season 8 underway
You mean in finals. I give this OP 2/10

Mild levels of sekrit hype.

I don't play on the league and I just copied the old thread text, so no idea

Anyway you win 5 snotglings on your rating

Well I played vs Underworld as Ogres. I got good armour rolls and made his team fall apart. They seem pretty straight forward. Keep Snotlings out of tackle zones, kill with Ogres.

If you're playing tabletop and using sponsors from deathzone season 2. Get 'STEELHELM’S SPORTING EMPORIUM' as a sponsor as soon as possible as getting an extra die on levelups massively increases the chances of doubles and stats. MNG and niggles are minor compared to better access.

I am still in the middle of finding a tabletop league but that seems pretty insane. You get the double but also get MNG? Sure he gets block but an Ogre down I'd imagine hurts a lot.

Finals today 21:00 server time. Be there or be Sleepyayylol3 (F).

>fantasy football for dorks
kek, this shit is pathetic as fuck

New Blood Bowl Troll revealed!

I'll give him Kick-Off on first level up

Yes, you get MNG if you roll doubles no matter what you pick. but in the long run it is worth it.

Well I will try. Assuming I find a group and they have the sponsorship rule in play, sounds like a plan!

Would anyone know combatty looking medieval knights miniatures with tabards I could use? I am looking at making my own little human team and would love to have medieval knights as my blitzers.

any av7 team ogres can chew up and have a chance of winning against. but that's about it unless your dice are really fucking hot

Draw A Boy vs :skull_crossbones:Sylvania Slayers:skull_crossbones:
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=993567

FINAL HYPE

Vega?

Once again Tendril is the winner. Yay?

Woop woop, congratulations to Tendril and his Sylvania Slayers!

Thanks to everyone for taking part in this one big League, I hope you enjoyed it. In the coming days I'll be looking at what we're doing for Veeky Forums FUMBBL League IX.

With the clawed Minotaur being revealed in forgeworld, think that may be a good sign for Chaos Chosen for Deathzone season 3?

Any returning team with 1 season played plz.

No, fresh teams now and forever.

Bump

Likely.

Wonder if Chaos will get some new toys. A Chaos Halfling would be hilarious.

They said 3-7 teams per death zone so what else? Chaos Dwarfs to fill out the Chaos lot? Some mutants for them as well.

How would you buff Ogres, guys?

why is the proof basilisk cut? aren't all team pics the same size?

It's too big and the fumbbl client crops instead of scaling, so that's how it'll look on the pitch.

Give them old PO

Let them be able to field up to 8 ogres again.

oh, thank you

how come my pictures not on there dummy head

Wasn't up when I made it, baka.

Maybe they might make Khorne daemon teams official. Considering BB new fluff seems to be the only one getting an expansion and not been butchered, lots of room for creativity. Hell look what they did to Ripper.

Bump

So yesterday I face Dwarfs with my chaos team
I lost 0-1 but was a blast

Not too bad considering the matchup, assuming low tv.

Preddy gud man. Super in fact for Chaos. That's a hard MU. Which conveniently I too will be playing this upcoming Thursday.

Though the big question is: Did you manage to scalp any Dwarf scum?

Bump

Be honest with me /bbg/ with no memes. What is the general concenseus of Chaos Minotaurs.

Ded

Just one wounded
Thick skull was rough, also I never got so much Both Down on one game

Also he kill one and wound 4 beast men

Warriors where stellar making 2 die blocks each time and I tried to make a opening with the Minotaur to make a good for it with a beastmen to get a draw, but he make a block and push my ball carriers and got the ball on turn 8 ...was really thigh
Yes was on TV1000, dworfs don't hit that hard but you can push them

Its awesome unless you get a 1
Hits like a train
Pic related my team

Strong motherfucker that you are gonna miss a lot when he inevitably dies like a bitch

Fun, but you're better off without it.

Hard luck man, sounds like he got a crap ton of good luck. Next time dude, but good job taking out that one Dwarf and keeping it so close.

Looking sharp man. Loving the conversions.

>strong
>fun

Cool that-

>inevitably dies like a bitch

Please elaborate

I don't think anybody get on you for using the elf box to make dark elves, though I agree if it was a duel kit that might be cool.

Fat Rat Bump

Are you guys looking forward to the BB2 Legendary edition?

Yeah, just happy its coming out in September and I can finally use Ogres.

AV 8 is a big issue on a player that expensive, frenzy and mighty blow are awesome but throwing lots of dice without block can bite you back, especially taking loner into account.
Some teams will dodge away and force you to blitz, and losing your blitz to a 1 SUCKS. Tentacles is a fantastic skill and mitigates this situation a lot, but you'll need to rank him up first.

That said, the minotaur is an absolute murder machine. Truly the wildest ride.

Another big problem with the Minotaur is that the teams that can run it don't really need another blitzer. Every team with one has plenty of other ST4 or higher players.

I see. So for the Big Guys he is essentially a glass cannon? Doesn't last long but likely to rip and tear his way through his career.

Surely the Str5 would add a little more to those teams, least in Chaos right?

thing is once you have a claw mighty blow player the minotaur does literally nothing better. it only works on a 2+ when you hit or blitz, can't use rerolls, and has av8 which is worse than a warrior. it's also more expensive so it bloats. the only thing it does better is it can get 3 dice easier with st5 horns. maybe if you're in a short league and need early claw mb, but in perpetual it's just awful even if it rolls doubles and gets block

In your experience despite the Av8, can the Minotaur act as an alright roadblock as say Ogres or Trolls?

Ogre and Trolls do it better. No team with a Mino needs the Mino. Pact is maybe the best place for it, but the Chaos Pact team seems to be getting the shaft.

>getting the shaft

Were they not just recently released in DZ Season 2? Doesn't seem so discarded to me.

At least in BB2, Cyanide has said their merc system will be Pact.

unless you get it into the perfect spot and don't have to use it again then i guess it can act as a roadblock, but so can an av9 warrior, or av9 chorf, or if pact the troll or ogre.

A post from the last thread sums up pretty well how to handle Minotaurs, or the other two Frenzy big guys (Rat Ogre and Snow Troll): But yea, in the end their unreliability makes it so they become redundant after the team develops, though Chaos Pact/Renegades can probably get a little more mileage out of theirs.

how do you access the bb2 beta

Only when they are running it. Nothing at the moment.

You may need Legendary edition to get into later beta tests also, you need to download the BB2 legendary edition beta from steam.

eh I bought it because I'm a consumer whore

can't wait for my impact rolljordan wood elves come in, mmmmmmmmm

Apparently there will be a full Chaos Dwarf team Kickstarter starting on the 29th called 'Bull Breakers'.

Modeled by a person who has won multiple golden demons, seem like really good sculpts.

Here are a few Chaos Dwarfs.

And more angles on the bull centaur.

And a Hobgoblin.

chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17160

meh already bought some chorfs, don't need these

dead

The Kickstarter curse. Always another thing just like you have.

>bull breakers

My wife's son will love them, he was talking about how he is helping her break in a new bull.

There will never be a good hobbo model made by anyone, will there?

It is the fate we must endure.

With what part of their body do Witch Elves pile on you?

i ohpe the puss on my penor :DD

Their stiletto heels, which have actual knives on the end.

Bump

It's just that the bulls and chorfs look pretty good. Hopefully the other hobbos from the set will be decent, seems like the picture the sculptor was working off of is only an okay looking hobbo.

>win match
>finally get 100k
>buy chaos warrior
>name Balgus the Betrayer
>fight nurgle
>mino injured and use doctor
>pestigor blitzes Balgus
>mfw Balgus dies

May you last longer as a Rotter than you did as a warrior.

You will meet them again, this time with dirty player and they will foul you and take out another warrior.

Just As Plan- Wait, wrong Chaos God.

The chorfs are too sculpted, no dwarf should have a waistline like that.

Hey! Don't slim shame the poor Dwarfs. The are beau- robust in any shape.

How do rocks in fluff ever end up injuring or killing people in this game? I don't get it.

>he hasn't seen the BB2 crowds filled with Ogre spectators

Human player here.

I have two rather decent throwers, and two fairly decent catchers. I'm thinking about getting a third catcher for my team.

Are there any human players that run three catchers?

I have 2 throwers, 4 blitzers, 2 catchers, 1 ogre, and 5 linemen.

That's plenty. 14 Players is a good number, perhaps too many depending on how the rest of your team is developed.

Remember that you can only field 11 players at a time, and that the stronger your team is, the more inducements your opponent can afford. Those inducements can sometimes make a bigger difference than the extra bodies, so it's usually best to keep your team trimmed.

What's more, if you ever find yourself in the situation where you are getting inducements, you limit yourself by having too large of a roster - the maximum number of players you can bring is 16, and this includes any star players or mercenaries acquired through inducements. Bringing a roster of 15 before inducements mean you only have one slot for any star players you'd want.

dead