Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Chaos and GK Codices are OUT

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8 [Open]

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

1ST FOR TEKARN

TITANICUS REVEAL SOON!

Posting Black Legion spoilers from previous thread

>Sigismund parks the Black Templars in front of the Eye of Terror because he wants someone to come and end his misery and guilt
>Sigismund is sick of leading the Black Templars and plans to get them all killed in a suicidal attack during the Black Crusade as his final act of atonement
>Abaddon intentionally bred his Black Legionnaires to be backstabbing opportunists so at least one of them will have the ambition to carry on the Black Crusades
>Abaddon remembers the name of every soldier under his command by heart and only fights the Imperium to avenge the fallen and to ultimately avenge Horus
>Abaddon allows the Black Templars to survive because his next 13 Crusades were all prophesied and he knew the BT would be completely useless with Sigismund dead

I hope its successful enough to stick around for the othe races to be added.
heresy era human vs human only is so boring.

>40k fiction is fucking dreadful

Wow, if only we already had decades of evidence to know this.

Is it pronounced "Ahbadd-on" or "Abba-don"

This is the list I played for the campaign tonight.

Yarrick
C Commander

44 Conscripts
Scions 2 Plasma x2
Taurox Prime Gat Cannon 2 Autocannons

Heavy Weapons 2 Las 1 Auto x2

Primaris Psyker Gaze and Barrier

Pask Punisher Lascannon Plasma Cannons

Battle Tank x3 Bolters x2

Demo Tank x3 Heavy Flamers

Executioner 2x Plasma

I tabled a Chaos player who brought both a Lord of Skulls and Karn, he helps the owner run the shop and is a really chill guy.

This is bait.

I have a very good grasp of linguistics and English, and logically, it should be pronounced the latter, due to having one "b" and two "d's", but according to Duncan and GW official videos, it's pronounced the former. Since they are the actual creators, I always assume their pronunciation is right, even if it doesn't make any sense, which English often doesn't.

I prefer "Ah-buh-dawn"

What's his name again?

Copy to new bread

Have a 750 patrol game tomorrow against Space Marines. How does this list look?

>HQ
Archon
Blaster and Agonizer

>Troops
Kabalites x10
Blaster, Lance, Phantom Launcher

>Elites
Trueborn x5
Blaster x2, Lance x2, Phantom Launcher

>Fast Attack
Hellions x11
Stunclaw and Pistol

>Dedicated Transports
Raider
Lance and Prow

Raider
Dizzy-Cannon and Prow

I have 5 points left, and I think they're just going to be wasted.

How the fuck do you pronounce Drach'nyen?

Drak-nee-yen?

Agreed. If they don't include the other races, I'll probably just figure out an Epic army or two and try to get people playing that.

30K is just Imperium/Chaos heresy shit as well, right?

>Blood Runs Hot

>The famously ferocious T’au Fire Warriors of Vior’la face an incursion of World Eaters. The Chaos Space Marines are so thoroughly lost to the worship of Khorne that their ranks contain as many Spawn as they do Berzerkers. The T’au’s impeccable fire discipline sees the World Eaters warbands kept at arm’s length – that is, until the infectious rage of the Khorne devotees begins to catch in the souls of Vior’la’s foremost cadres. The T’au, voices raised in primitive Fio’taun war cries that have not been heard for centuries, begin to engage the Chaos Spawn at close range and even charge in to engage them in close combat. It does not end well for the T’au. Millions die before a council of six Ethereals are scrambled to the site to lend their calming influence to the Fire caste cadres, restoring order and allowing the T’au to withdraw into low orbit before the World Eaters can complete the slaughter.

Dis

abbadoodledoo

Tally-me-Banana-man

Drahh knee yen

Is GW having a giggle at Tau close quarters?

41st millenium....uses a bone for a pen

What happened to the "ch"?

Incoming DE player here. I want to get an anti-armor set of dudes, but don't want to spend a lot of money. Is it tactically sound to take 5 scourges with 4 dark lances, as apposed to a ravager with 3? Ravagers are $47 here but scourges are $25. Also I don't plan on deep striking with them, I have that slot reserved for mandrakes.

Hard H for me

drach-nien

>inb4 gw comes out and says "the winners of Konor must also suffer a loss. Therefore, Ultramar, will fall to Nurgle"

I like Scourges more than Ravagers personally, although my lists generally consist of Raiders full of Warriors or Trueborn.

Holy shit top kek.
Damn shame Khorne didn't get some kind of stratagem to force opponents to charge you.

Out of curiosity whats everyones stance on the next codexes to be released? They said 10 before christmas, so do you think they will try to cover the major factions with the remaining 6 or do you think that they will pump out SM chapters and Chaos sunfactions (tzeentch khorne slannesh)

And nothing of value will be lost, that sounds like a win win to me.

>Thinking Matt Ward will ever stop sucking smurf dick
Oh how young and naive

I hope you're not planning on WYSIWYG with just a single box of scourges because you only get the one lance. Anyway, Lance scourges are solid. They're not as durable as a Ravager, but they're still mobile and have an extra shot. I would recommend 2 boxes, if only to pad out the squad with ablative bodies because you start losing firepower after 2 failed saves.

>If you beat your enemies they win
I didn't know GW was run by dog sex enthusiasts.

so before this escalate further ... when dafuq are the pdf versions of the new books coming out?

I think we all expect most of them to be Space Marine chapters, but we might see IG or a xeno faction as well.

Could somebody please measure the height of an ogryn model for me (not including the base obviously)?

I hope they release all the main factions first before getting into sub factions, but since Grey Knights got one and Death Guard are next, my hopes don't look good.

If that actually happened I'm pretty sure all the ultramarine fags would riot and Matt Ward would kill himself

Ibreally hope its not just more SM amd chaos shit personally. Seems like a real waste to me

the first half makes sense
but I don't see them pulling the second half off so soon after Cadia

Im hoping for
IG
Nids
Orks
AdMech
Tau
Eldar

Look at it this way: Once all the SM/Chaos stuff is out of the way, they have to devote a few months to everyone else. It might be far away, but hopefully it'll be a lot of interesting stuff next year.

>Damn shame Khorne didn't get some kind of stratagem to force opponents to charge you.
That'd only really work if you had a special ability that made your forces go first even when charged.

Because there are a couple factions out there (mainly Orks, who are the top-tier of 8e so far, and Nids) whose fight phase consists of grabbing fistfuls of dice and rolling for hits and wounds these days, along with having a decent WS+ to back it up.

Did GW ever say what should we do with 'Army rules' that are in the Index but not in the Codex?

I take it this is comedic exaggeration and ADB isn't actually that big of a Chaos wanker, in both senses of the term.

I'd assume they're overwritten entirely by the new army rules in the codex. But what rules like that from the index aren't in the codex?

Yeah i suppose getting it out the way would be nice but the thought of having to wait another 6 months for a codex because chaos need 5 books and SM need 5-6 books pisses me off quite alot

It isn't. It really isn't.

I believe the official word is "buy some chaos marines before we do a recall and destroy".

Is the Rhino an APC or an IFV? I thought they were the first until I found out they get havoc launchers and combi-weapons, but their armor still seems kinda weak.

Well you'd have to be careful when using it then.
It'd honestly be pretty good, your zerkers might lose some to the enemies charge but at least you get two fight phases.
I play Emperor's Children though, so I can pump out just as many attacks with my bullshit.

So what's the deal with GK models?

Purgation, Purifier, and Strike teams are the same. Interceptors are the same with different backpacks.

Paladins and Terminators are the same but Paladins have different helmets and those little banner things over their heads? Do you think people would be mad if I ran paladins without those little banners? They look like they're one stiff breeze from breaking off, just like the little things sticking off the Interceptor backpacks.

So now that the CSM codex is out, how does one make a strong Iron Warriors style list?

That's fairly interesting, memery aside. Chaos influence on Xenos is something you don't see much, and corrupting the Tau of all people into trying melee might actually be a viable strategy. Inb4 they start a faction of mini Farsights.

Thanks for the snippet user.

But there are no 'Army rules' in the Codex. There are Legion Traits, Warlord Traits, etc. So there nothing to overwrite them with.

What are you talking about?

Purgation have the option of allowing all 4 men to take heavy weapons vs just 1 guy. Purifiers have the D6 3" smite versus the Strike team that has a Damage 1 12" smite.

>storm of chaos

When cons get nerfed will the Sniper get worse?

As mentioned, you're going to have WYSIWYG issues unless you buy or have extra bits or extra Dark Lances.

That aside, in practice I find they're not as good as a Ravager, but they're not terrible either.

The pros are an extra shot and the potential for deep striking where you need to go, but the -1 to hit when moving hurts and they fold really fast under fire.

Oh yeah I meant actual model wise, like the plastic/metal. Not their rules. I have a copy of the Codex sitting next to me.

>marine equivalent factions get their respective codexes
>inb4 GW suddenly forget xenos exist and start releasing more marine shit postponing xenos releases in an endless loop
Screencap this.

Guys we have seen this before. The Khorne daemon lord at the end/final fight of "Fire Warrior" , infected Kais with Khornate rage forcing Kais to leave cover and charge the daemon. The daemon toyed around with the enraged Kais slicing off his arm. However, taint did not stick to Kais. See below.

>''The daemonlord sensed something was wrong. The bloodlust it had gifted to the tau creature was waning. It evaporated like water, unclouding the tiny morsel’s mind and leaving it cold and sharp: a dagger of focus that no amount of insidious corruption could ever penetrate''

>''It didn’t matter. A pure tau died just as easily as a tainted one''

-Fire Warrior

The Tau are innocent of evil that infects other races. The taint of Chaos doesn't have much of a purchase on their souls. t's much harder to corrupt a Tau than it is to corrupt a human.

The CSM book is pretty solid it seems, the NL and AL pieces are pretty awesome too
I'm glad there is xenos interaction in it

Different guy here; ordered some blue stuff and miliput so that I could make Dark Lances for any Scourges I get, and kit out my Trueborn however I want without worrying about paying for extra bits.

Well, what specific army rule? If there is nothing in the codex that seems to replace it, it sounds like the rule was just in the index to keep things competitive until the codex rules took their place in other ways. But without a specific example, I don't think anyone can look it up to be sure.

>evil
No such thing.

>Do you think people would be mad if I ran paladins without those little banners?
nah, you're good

But you should do something to separate your paladins from regular terminators. A change of heraldry, a more elaborate paint scheme, just something to keep them apart on the tabletop.

The CSM and daemons literally admit they are literally evil.

Well the 'Army rules' section of the Chaos Index, where the cult legions get cult marines for troops. There is nothing that overrides it in the Codex, I was wondering if GW had said anything about that kind of thing.

The new CSM codex rapes the fluff. It has Lucius possessing a necron and it has Khorne resurrecting dark eldar who are known to be slaaneshi servants.

The CSM are not a single person, and Daemons don't have a concept of morality. Regardless of what they 'admit to be', it doesn't take the fact that evil doesn't exist in 40k.

They're all literally built from the same kit.

Yeah but some of the stories are great

dont take bait in a nice clean thread user

>Dark Eldar
>Slaneeshi servants
Their entire culture revolves around living forever to avoid Slaneesh.

The introduction of the Dark Eldar codexes says that they are evil personified. Evil does exist in 40K.

whats the best way to catch up with 40k lore?

IG
1ksons
Orks
Deathwatch
Tyranids
DE
AdMech
Genestealers or Tau if GSC are released alongside Tyranids since its a small codex
Some flavor of marines though I expect them next year since they need Imperium releases to counter chaos/xenos

By feeding her the souls of others.

Didn't catch a chance in the last thread but I thought it would be worth mentioning. I don't mind the Tau being noblebright in the world as long as it's noted that they really are fucking tiny and would get mulched if any main faction gave a fuck. That's why they have to be nice diplomats: they're young and have no power and could easily turn into the hellscape of any other faction if given enough power to be corrupted by.

There are Slaanesh cultist DEldar that still hate her, they just find the best way to stave him off is to feed her the souls of other people.

>The new CSM codex rapes the fluff. It has Lucius possessing a necron and it has Khorne resurrecting dark eldar who are known to be slaaneshi servants.

Is this bait or regular retardation user? Its okay, you can tell us.

Am I to understand that 8E Codexes all let you have one free relic?

Dark Eldar are scared shitless of Slaanesh, that's why they use torture to stay alive.
That reminds me for whatever reason, how bullshit would it be for a human to torture two Dark Eldar Wyches and two Harlequin Players and two Craftworld Howling Banshees so much that they'd willingly give their souls to Slaanesh just to escape them?
because that's my Daemon Prince's back story and I plan on converting six Heralds to match said story using those three kits and I already have one Wych Herald of Slaanesh

thus far, yes.

>It has Lucius possessing a necron
WAIT WHAT?!

Seriously, how does that even work?

The Terminator models have the option for that little heraldic plate thing (the shield) on their left pauldron, I was thinking of only putting that on the Paladins to differentiate them.

Yes, and if you spend Command Points before battle starts you could have more.
At least Chaos lets you spend command points for more.
Living Metal was possessed and became fleshy through the warp

The introduction of every single Codex is written from an Imperial perspective. Evil does not exist in 40k, unless you count opossing the Gods as evil, but then favoring one God means you're opossing another, so there can't really be such a thing as evil in the setting.

that DE thing aside, how the fucking fuck does Lucius possess a Necron

also how likely will we see a completely new codex

Making a list of the writers and GW higher-ups who approved their Legion tactics so you can assassinate them

>“So disappointing, I thought. An incorruptible race. No psychic powers. No dark desires or secret horrors… Hmm… On that count, at least, I was wrong. You merely keep them well hidden…

>“But you… alone among thousands. I could taste you! Such bitterness! Such shame!

>“You’re strong, there’s no doubt about it. You’re skilled at your craft. You cut a bloody swathe to me like a knife through the warp, but not because you could…

>“Because I made you want to…

>“And now you seriously think you can cast off my gift and kill me? Little tau, you have a lot to
learn.”

>Kais retched on air, feeling his muscles going limp. “G-get… Get out of my head…”

>“You and the Space Marine. My two choices. I called you to my side and you came, like faithful
cubs. I’ve played you like puppets, little tau. And now I’m out of time, and the Space Marine is late, and you will have to do.

>“You wouldn’t begrudge me a little blood before you die, would you? I must drink of the host
— a corrupted host — before assuming its flesh. That’s how it works, little thing. It would be such a pity to damage you any more than necessary…”

>The body drifted forwards, coruscating energies ebbing from its wide eyes and leering mouth, a blaze of skin and fire. In its hand the dagger was a slash of light. Kais couldn’t even breath, frozen solid by the very fury and rage that had sustained him. Betrayed by his own blood. Deceived by his own mind.

>“Kais,” a voice said. “Kais, look up.”

>He obeyed and there, hanging suspended far above him in the air, spread-eagled and glowing with purity and peace, radiant and glorious and unified and balanced and perfect, was Aun’el T’au Ko’vash.

>“Kais,” he called out, voice full of exhaustion and effort. “Even when broken, a sword may still cut.”

Theyll be fine as long as you dont have fucking sledgehammers for hands

no pdfs for csm or gk?

So far all 8e codexes have the 'moar relics' stratagem

the necron in question took pride in the kill.

To avoid him themselves. They fear and hate her, so it's not contradictory for Khorne to claim their souls and free them from him, and he gets to stop them from feeding her souls too.

I wasn't certain, I haven't read the other codices and no one I've played against used it against me.
I haven't really used it either though.