What system is next?

Hey Veeky Forums You guys always inpire me onward.

But I need some help. I like fantasy. Gentlemen I LIKE fantasy. But I dont like d20s. Ive played D&D for a long time. Ive run every edition of D&D since 2nd. But its time for me to move into a different system.

Once long ago I made a dreadful mistake. I tried GURPS. Forgive my hubris. I was enticed by the promise in depth of melee combat.

So I come to you Veeky Forums. Do you have any recommendations for a system that has depth in melee combat, is fantasy, and might not use a d20?

To appease the gods I will dump out some Veeky Forums related pictures I've saved.

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasist.net/downloads/DQ3TSRFullRules.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Song of Swords?

fantasist.net/downloads/DQ3TSRFullRules.pdf

here you go.

I will look into this.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Skaven bros make great enemies.

Will definitely read.

Thank you very much.

Epic beasts

this monster is fantastically creepy

>Once long ago I made a dreadful mistake. I tried GURPS. Forgive my hubris. I was enticed by the promise in depth of melee combat.
What happened?

He had fun.

I drowned in the rules.

I know Lite's dense, but it's hardly drowning you in rules. Maybe something like Fate Accelerated would be more your speed?

Lite?

I will look into that.

Yeah, Lite. Characters recommends you start with it in the first chapter, when it teaches you how to learn GURPS. Honestly wish I didn't have to say that, but I much prefer Basic Set's layout as a reference book with Lite as the "here's the basics" for players. You'll need to read a few chapters in Basic Set on your own, like Magic, since Lite lacks it, but that's about it.

FantasyCraft

Noted. Thank you both.