Connected to GOD...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Modded_Commlinks_as_makeshift_decks__Ideas?.thread
>Mind_As_A_Machine__A_History_Of_Hacking_The_Brain.trid
>RCCs_And_You.knwsft
>Changes_In_Matrix_Protocol.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 404 (% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled '01001000 01000101 01001100 01010000 00100000 01001101 01000101'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Brainhack.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Matrix Edition
What do you hope for the possible Matrix book announced for 2018?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/wiki/Custom-Data-Files
pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's referring to soaking the damage, it is confusing because it uses small numbers (presumably a tank would need to be dealt more than 4 damage to pass through it's armour), but the rule is pretty clear in the vehicle section that it needs to be over the armour pre-soak not post soak. Otherwise, vehicles would either take zero damage or (at least) the damage equal to their armour, would make them either be 100% fine or just kind of explode randomly.
The way it works is:
>Is modified (Base + Ammo + Net hits) DV less than Armour? If so, ignore the damage.
>If it's higher, roll for soak
>Optionally, to speed things up, have the vehicle buy hits instead

Well i don't have any hopes regarding that. Basically the matrix rules are so messed up, even we germans can't fix it without tearing everything down.

Well, my players are pretty much as green as it get's also between 16-18. So my idea is to put them into the Seattle barrens and have them do 3-4 shitty barrens runs for some asshole, since they need money. Low pay, high risk, minimum amount of briefing on the job.
Cue for the nice Ms.Johnson who pays adequately, the jobs are stil high risk but she seems to be very interested in the success of the runs and actually pays.
I inted to have her as their main Johnson (Beeson if you want so) with runs like (and as an user in the thread before mentioned) "Some power hungry ares exec wants tu shut down an SINless work programm, stop him", " Hack a goverment server to locate funding towards a community garden.", "Stop the rampart gang violence in that area so people can life in peace for once."

All that and some more runs in the "Our Johnson has a heart of gold" direction.
Maybe put them against an small hornet insect spirit swarm who have taken ofer a group of go-gangers. Only to have rumors of insect spirits spread AFTER they have dealt with them.

And i think Bees (or bumblebees) would make a good kind of antagonist, since the nymphs of them are actually quite intelligent (according to fluff) and less agressive than locus or said hornets. I imagen that they could keep the bigger picture in mind, plan ahead and use non-bugs to do their job.

Also flying enemies with venom and hardened armor are a bag of dicks.

>without tearing everything down.
good luck, that's not going to happen except at the 5e/6e transition.

Your players are going to hate you, and I say that with admiration.

Bump

Thank you, i want to try and bring back the "punk" in cyberpunk, with seemingly gooded runs and flashy characters.
Also backstabbing, some smaller ones and one of biblical scale.

I meant "hooded" runs; i goofed up and I'm sorry.

>
I'm not opposed to this in Shadowrun's case, because it's not like there's a paucity of metatypes to choose from, or a paucity of different types of game you can have (and are encouraged to have by the books). Wakayambi aren't unplayable for mechanical reasons, they just don't make sense in the default setting of high-tech low-lifes on the streets of Seattle. It's like assassins/evil characters in D&D; it makes sense to have them, it adds to the world, and you can use them in certain very interesting games, but it's not the choice you want to make for the majority of games.

I hold in my heart the dream that one day I will get to play a Prime Runner game where I'm a nartaki guru travelling the world, giving sage wisdom and spiritual comfort by day and fighting to overthrow the corps by night

I was going to mock this, but I think they might actually be able to unfuck the Matrix if they don't rock the boat. They did two heavy rewrites in two editions, but now fictionally there are powers that be keeping the Matrix safe and stable.

If they start from the same series of givens as 5e, and build more coherent mechanics, they really could have something. Of course, that would mean hiring a writer who gives a shit about the Matrix, which seems to be a bigger and bigger ask these days.

Hey, question. I'm building a rifle sammie, and I had money left over after all his expensive cyberware so I specced into Rigger too, with a basic link up. I picked a Ford Econovan as their vehicle because it's inconspicuous, it gives my rigger an excuse to drive large numbers of people around town, and upgrades for it are common (and therefore inconspicuous too). I was reading people talking about the Bulldog in the last thread, and I have to ask is it better than the Econovan or the Universe?

>money left over after all his expensive cyberware so I specced into Rigger too
chummer, please tell me your initiative, combat dice pools, dodge and soak pools and how much you had left over

Chummer, don't try to force minmaxing on everybody.
If he is happy with his build, let him have the fun.
Besides, you can build a combat-capable runner with Ressources C (RE 3 used, WR 1, MuscleReplacement Alpha 2, Smartlink, around 7750 Nuyen left, enough to get a proper SIN and Basic Equipment with the Karma you can spend on Nuyen at chargen), so having spare Nuyen with Res A isn't all to difficult.

Not rifle, sorry, its more like SMG. 17 Dice for an ingram. My Initiative is 9+4d6, or 5d6 if I'm using stimulants. My dodge is only 3. Looking at it, itsmore a rigger that minored in sammie hand-of-god style actually. Made it up a while ago, couldn't remember. Even got the van I was using wrong.

Is there a reason that Social Skills aren't shown?
As long as you put a few points int Etiquette that should be fine, maybe add a weapon mount to the car

1 CHA + Defaulting, looks like he's using the sheet that hides skills below 1.

In which case he should SERIOUSLY consider putting 3 points into Etiquette at least, holy shit

Okay, points into etiquette, cheers. I didn't add weapon mounts because it's supposed to look like an ordinary taxi to blend in.

But why? At that point you may as well have just bought a connection 1 loyalty 6 driver contact who'll take you wherever you need to go.

>paying for having witnesses around

what could possibly go wrong

True, but I like being the getaway driver + they might not have stuff likea morphing license plate

And you could say that about any PC. A connection 1 loyalty 6 mage for magic security, a c1l6 hacker, etc.

>loyalty 6 connection 1

He'll help dig the holes, omae. But he might need to borrow a shovel

Id love some good Technomancer rules & some stuff to let them do Rigger stuff

>Connection 1
>useful only for their Knowledge skills
>driver

I guess you could do that, but they're not going to be better than the built in pilot program.

I dropped gunnery and took 6 points of etiquette. Seeing as I'm pretending to be a taxi driver, etiquette seemed more useful. Plus It helps with subtle pilot.

So I'm having trouble coming up with fights that will challenge my group, but won't be a pain in the dick to keep track of. What should I be throwing at a well-rounded group of 4 starting level PCs?

So how exactly do I use one of these?

Is it a gunnery test to fire it infront of a vehicle I'm chasing? Can it only be fired behind?

I see the different strips, but it doesn't say how to actually use this damn thing.

It says there. You use a free action to deploy a strip behind you.

Doesn't specify behind, and it says "Ejector". But what you say makes sense, in any case.

How does a vehicle catch another vehicle ahead of it, then? I was looking for something like a harpoon gun, but nothing seems to match that description.

>captcha: john please

>captcha: calgar johnson

>How does a vehicle catch another vehicle ahead of it, then?
Being faster
Killing the driver
Using Movement on it (remember, you can multiply with the force or divide by it)
Shooting out the wheels
Shooting a Adhesive filled grenade in front of it
etc.

gracias

Don't forget hacking.

The problem is my groups mage has dumped 80% of her income into this goddamn Speed 7 ricer car.

Granted with the resource expenditure, it's reasonably acceptable for them to be nearly impossible to catch. I'm just stuck wondering what kind of thing can stop them from escaping so easily.

I should probably exploit the fact that she has a really low driving skill.

Alternatively, use paranoia. Have somebody shout "Release the tag-cloud!" over PA and cover the car in some kind of powder.

It's just spite, but it should have enough paranoia to make 'em try having it cleaned or just blame some kind of bad luck on it.

Speed serves as a Limit, not an objective measure of how fast a vehicle moves. If she doesn't have a good Pilot pool, it doesn't really help her.

Call ahead to knight errant and have them set up roadblocks. Cops have radios to coordinate chummer.

Municipal cops (including security contractors like KE) will usually refuse to do fuck all about any crimes that happened on corporate property. Extraterritoriality is a double edged sword.

>mfw re-reading the rules for vehicle tests and extended tests

I'm literally retarded.

Thanks user.

True, but the car is also fitted with a bunch of kit that also makes it a chameleon. Any visual description is largely pointless

Yeah. Speed is your Limit for high-speed stunts, while Handling is used for precision/tight maneuvers. Most things in an outright car chase fall under Speed, while stuff like a zigzagging route, vehicles dodging in combat, and flips/kids are more Handling.

But you still need a good driver.

If she'd rather keep investing in the car than git gud, she can always up its Pilot and get it some Autosofts to drive itself. Probably cheaper and easier than trying to get her own Pilot skill to a good place.

How do I plug my own mentor spirit into chummer 5e?

Open up the mentor spirit file in something so that you can see the format.

Make a custommentorspirits file of the right type, fill it with the custom mentor spirit data, get an id if wanted (or possibly needed, never messed with custom qualities just letting sensors be put in cyberlimbs before it was allowed by chummer), save, and then put it in the data file.

Custom data file for mentors.xml.
github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/wiki/Custom-Data-Files

Attention furries of /srg/: Do you have any particular wishlist items for a redo of the SURGE system in Chummer? Is it readable enough for you in general use? Any pain points that affect you while trying to create a character?

Yekka are you drunk again quoting the wrong post

Maybe try the Knight Errant P5 Pursuit Drone (pg 188, Rigger 5.0). Also Acceleration and Handling can be factors.

Some numbers look like other numbers!

>2017
>Not just clicking on the numbers

ISHYGDDT

You using mobile or something?

Street construction bottlenecks traffic. Opportunity for a sick jump.
A group of motorcycle paparazzi and their camera drones mistake the car for someone famous running from the law, possibly streaming the runners live.
A parade.
Random shitty drivers causing sudden lane blockages.
Something in the road shreds one of their tires.
Tracer rounds.

>Tracker Rounds
Excuse me.

At work, long time between when I start replying to one post and look at another, essentially.

Tracker Rounds with Stealth/Security tags

Run and Gun Pg.55

Yeah but huge (yet very small) difference between tracer and tracker.

GMing Shadowrun with no GMing or Shadowrun experience has made me loathe GMing

My first GM Experience was D&D, and it was awful. I did one game and everyone hated it.

At least with Shadowrun, I can blame the system for being dumb when I fuck up.

Wakka wakka.

Is the tabletop anything like the rpgs? i loved hongkong and im playing through dragonfall right now. Where would i start learning how to play/finding a group. Almost played with some guys from here online but the guy running it bailed

I believe the HBS games are based on the older editions. Like, 2e or something.

mechanics not so much really. Story and flavor? Yeah, pretty well represented there.

Why would you want to stop her from escaping easily?

If a player spends 80% of their income to be successful at something, then they should reap those benefits.

Instead, have another obstacle that could have been overcome by assets that she DIDN'T buy.

How does one stat a souped up 1970 Grand Torino? Use the GMC Phoenix or Dodge Charger in R5 as base stats?

I think he was asking how the enemies might so her, but I may have read it wrong

OK, I might be relatively new to SR, but I KNOW that's not the original cover of R5. Very fucking funny.

user, be happy. The original art was shit, so we replaced it with something better

You can see the original cover at the end of the book on the end splash page. It's real bad.

I hope they do a Run Faster and change out the cover when they put out the errata. except the original RF cover was rad as fuck, cybercentaur rockers 4 lyfe

Teehee.

Shadowrun Returns is the best representation of tabletop out of them.

>Shadowrun Returns is the best representation of tabletop out of them.
Can't have an army of spirits to win at everything forever. Other than that, it's pretty cool.

whats the easiest way for a poorfag to get their hands on the 5e books?

>Scroll to top of page
>read OP
>realize you missed the pastebin
>???
>No profit for CGL!

>pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
;_; i couldn't read the memes man. am i getting old?!

I feel like if the cloud storage went over your head, it's more than just getting old.

2 bee faire, the OP is distinctly unreadable for newfags. We had one that was better laid out for a while but I forced the old one back into circulation because it allows for better jokes. Lurk moar, first rule of Shadowrun is style over substance

>style over substance
but chummer, 0/0 is undefined!

Chummers, is Logic being used for Gunnery while jumped in an official rule, or a 'this makes sense' rule combined with skills not being permanently locked to stats?

I've been trying to find it to figure out whether I can page number correct one of my rules lawyer players, or if I have to rule 0 them

It's described in three different areas and official decision is that AGI is the one you use
Which doesn't make much sense

So you should use LOG while jumped in, AGI when not

Awesome, thank you

I'm done Chummers
I just can't do it anymore, there just too much. I thought I could handle it, the players, the setting, the rules and prep. I was wrong, there is just so much stuff and its left my heart shallow and low. I just can't DM anymore for Shadow run, I just can't. Maybe its me, its probably me. I just can't keep up with it.

what edition?
where set?
over what medium?
what exactly do you have problems with?

New Orleans. Wrote some setting stuff before we started.
Online, though doubt in person would be easier.
There's just so many rules and it feels wrong to ignore it. I tried to stick to the rules but its like running three different games at once. I tried to learn as much as I could but its all over the book and nobody else in my group actually looks at the thing. Everything has so many steps and I just can't keep up with it.

SR is a game with a puddle-like complexity: wide, but shallow
have you seen the Hayek sheets in the OP pastebin? have you seen the matrix flowchart (pdf related)? Do you use chummer5?

the game is just "roll an amount of d6 equal to Attribute1+(Skill/Attribute2)+Modifiers, count 5 and 6, compare to (static number/number on opposing test/cumulative number).
Bigger or equal? you pass.
Lower? you fail
more than half 1s? additional complications"

Most of the complexity comes from knowing the order (Hayek sheets, flowchart) or the modifiers (I made a collage of all relevant tables for my game)
And because the main concept is simple you can extrapolate for edge cases.
Just think what attributes and skills are helping and eyeball the rest

I think we just have to face it that in it's current form, Shadowrun is a terrible game. Mostly it comes down to terrible editing slowing down learning, and needlessly complex mechanics slowing down gameplay.

You don't need to sacrifice much of the game to fix Shadowrun, it's just that it needs to be implemented better. At every level.

6th edition can't come soon enough.

I don't want to need all these collages and mind maps and flowcharts. Its just not good user.

I think I might go back to Warhammer rpgs, its like babies first rpg compared to Shadowrun but its way easier.

if you don't like crunch, why did you pick SR?

>Playing 5th edition ever
>Not playing the objectively best 3rd edition.
>Hell, even playing 4th with all its flaws
user pls

So are there any rules lite or house ruled version of the matrix that has it so you don't need a flowchart whenever the decker wants to hack? Or do I just need to bite the bullet?

No, because any complexitiy beyond a single dice roll can (and probably will) have a flowchart to it for somebody.

Remember, 5e's got the worst explained Matrix, but the best rules.

Ends of the Matrix my friend, one of the best set of matrix rules. It has brainhacking.
Heres the 5e port I made a while ago. I missed a few limits, but otherwise everything is plug and playable with some improvization.

5e's the least unplayable edition yet, which is pathetic.

Can Aspected Magicians astrally perceive/project? I dig the shit out of the flavor for dealing with spirits and projecting to a spiritual realm, but I'm extremely disinterested in any spellcasting other than ritual.

I think its safe to say you should never roll a physical stat while jumped unless its body to resist damage.

>6th edition can't come soon enough.
Not much hope unless its done by someone other than CGL honestly.

So much ridiculously stupid shit. Literally examples getting rolls wrong or rules texts not understanding mechanics. Just today I had two instances, one where the example box for Counterstrike in R&G rolled AGI instead of REA, the other cold damage description in SR5 explaining what happens on a glitch and what happens on a critical glitch, except the effect only happens if 0 hits occur, which means its either no glitch or critical glitch, because regular glitch can never occur with zero hits given.

And god, so much shit that they clearly made at some point, then fucked up in editing, and then decide to just not errata even after years.

Depends on what type of aspect. If your specific aspect is being a PhysAdept you'd need a power.

Pretty much every kind of mage but Adepts can astrally perceive by default. But only full mages and Explorers can project by their own power.

For Explorers, look at FA p 47.

There's drugs to induce perception or projection in any Awakened, though.

>Dem quads tho

>It has brainhacking.
I don't think you should use this as a sales pitch. It's one of the things that turned me off of Ends of the Matrix.

So, since FA came out has anyone tried playing a "nice" blood mage? How did it go?

"Nice" blood magic is for nakama and altruistic bleeding hearts willing to put the lives of others before their own. So maybe if you're a follower of Tiger, who expects you to do everything for nakama anyway.

I mean Bear could work? Maybe?

Also a decent candidate. Maybe Holy Text or something, if the text in question promotes that sort of thing. Maybe even a Dove or something fluffed as Jesus himself, given that they mention the crucifixion as a possible example of spike baby "nice" blood magic.