My friends and I are looking for a setting/system for swashbuckling pirate adventures. What are our options?

My friends and I are looking for a setting/system for swashbuckling pirate adventures. What are our options?

7th Sea.

GURPS

>7th Sea
2E or 1E?

One Piece D20

But that's dead...

Flip a coin and pick the other, bring back story-times of the results.

2E is fun

Also Savage Worlds

Fate, Savage Worlds.

What are the difference between 2E and 1E?

Savage Worlds is great for swashbuckling. I haven't read it, but I hear the 50 Fathoms book is perfect for it.

>Rogue Trader
Have you ever wanted to roleplay a man with far more money than sanity user? Because if so tgis is the perfect game for you, do you waant to prowl the common shipping lanes for merchant vessels and take their goods for yourself, then take it all back to your own personal colony world, and be mostly within the confines of legality, backed by your incredibly wealthy lawyers to grease the local nobles to make things go your way, and emsure the local Imperial Naval fleet is never persuaded to head your way? All of this and more is possible for you in the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millenium

I'm still angry I never got to play Spelljammer

Poison'd.

Well, I was thinking more swashbuckling high seas type.

Is the 50 Fathoms book all we'll need?

Lot5R 4th edition mixed with 7th Sea fluff.

Then play spelljammer.

I'm upset I don't get a chance to run it anymore.

My catch is that I will only run it in 2e or Savage Worlds. Maybe Burning Wheel if you give me time.

You'd still need the Savage worlds core book. $10 for a physical copy of check out the PDF share thread for the digital. Maybe just go there anyways and get it and see if you like it. Also 50 Fathoms

RAAAAABU HAAAAATOOOOO

Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies, uses the PDQ# system.

PDQ?

Pretty Damn Quick Sharp
It was also used for the Zantabulous Zorcerer of Zo.
It uses 2d6 and 3d6 (for duels).
Characters are collections of Fortes, sort of like Fate's Aspects And Skills. Rated from -2 to +6 (with 2 point granularity). You roll 2d6 plus relevant Fortes, damage reduces a Forte by two points for each point of damage until your all gone passed -2.
The drama point economy can be used to introduce plot elements as well as bonuses.

There's a conversion of Barbarians of Lemuria for this.