Warcraft is no longer a fantasy game, it's a science fantasy game

Warcraft is no longer a fantasy game, it's a science fantasy game.
Discuss.

It has spaceship, steady tech creep subsidized by magic, themes slowly changing and also the aesthetics are also changing.

Also Sci-fi vs Fantasy vs Sci-fan

If they put Dalaran into a bubble and floated it into space, it'd be a "space ship" too. It can even teleport places.

I would argue that the shift happened when the dranei showed up on their crystal spaceships.

Phantasy Star 1-4 (not the mmos) and Starocean did it better

>Phantasy Star 1-4(not the MMOs)
My complexion-challenged companion.

Warcraft was always shit.

Warcraft Orcs & Humans, Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal were dope.

One of the first games where the bad guys won (Ocrs and Humans) and after Portal the humans don't get a good end. The armies have to go into the Twisting Nether to fight more wars or whatever else may be out there.

That was fun.

Space goats are pretty far removed from those humble beginnings.

Warcraft ended after Warcraft 3.
StarCraft ended after Broodwar
Diablo ended after D2
Terminator ended after T2
The Matrix ended after the first one.

Everything in these series that came after these titles are lies, cash grabs and fanfiction

You forgot Star Wars ending right after the original trilogy.

This. It has been at absolute best completely mindless collection of boring fantasy tropes distilled beyond ANY charisma or charm through the "American PVC ray". It never had any kind of actual aesthetic concept or clever ideas to begin with. They can do whatever they want with it because there is nothing to damage or compromise to begin with. It never had the charm of actual mythology, or actual history, or actual ANYTHING, so introducing fucking space ships seems completely par the course of it.

Go fuck off faggot. I bet your favorite one is ESB as well. Fucking fake fan.

Naah. The prequel trilogy was pretty bad but the clone wars show was awesome. At least the episodes about the clones.

The prequels are garbage, and no amount of "BUT MUH CARTOONS" can fix it.

I'm a big fan of stuff that looks like magic to the inhabitants of the world, only it turns out to be technology to our eyes, only in fact it's actually magic -- we just think it's technology because it looks kind of like what we think of as technology.

>The ancient ruins contain strange orbs which spark into life and light when people walk the halls.
>Oh, they're electric lights, and are just proximity activated.
>But in fact they're just glass prisons for elementals bound into service.

>A spectral figure appears, giving maddening lore in a long forgotten tongue.
>It's a hologram, powered by the box beneath it.
>The box is actually a reliquary, binding the ghost to do its ancient service forever.

Reddit Letter Media drones

That is flat out retarded and shit taste all wrapped up into one unappealing package

Dude Attack of the Clones fucking sucked. Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith had its moments though.

You do know that people hated the prequels well before RLM, right?

RotJ is actually my favourite Star Wars movie, fight me, faggot.

I actually like the original Star Wars best. The Empire Strikes Back can't exist as a stand-alone movie, it needs the build up the previous movie provided.

You'd have 40k but with marginally different power balance and less grimderp.

do you want to see fantasy going science fantasy?
watch this

Overdesigned dwarf against huge Marilyn Manson?

>t. professional dwarf designer

The original trilogy is overrated.

Fuck off blizzshit

>Not like the episodes with Ashoka and her perfect orange ass
Waterugey?

I like it

Truth

Warcraft was always kind of like this

2 had you harvesting oil to make boats, and had zepps and helicopters

3 brought rifles and shit, and fleshed out the interdimensional demon empire