/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-brief-respite-before-the-deluge-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What do you not like, and opt out of your games?
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

>Camilla getting told to fuck off by forum moderators

based

Again, Fagness is the one true path.

??

I'm actually astounded this place hasn't descended into shitflinging about the most recent Changeling preview showing off The X Card and lines and veils.

I generally opt out of including Demon the Descent and God-Machine stuff in my games. I have used one of the reptilians from the book as an npc though.

Demons are the best Splat and the God Machine is the best villain of all time. Basically YWHY from the Megami Tensei universe.

Why two threads?

I forgot to bring it up.

It was a little long though, so I didn't bother reading it yet. Was busy.

I honestly don't care about a rule as optional as X-cards.

Concurrent thread gone. Fat goth chick will block your path another day.

I'm glad CofD has gotten to stealing the actually good, useful parts of the indie storygame scene.

>Camilla

It is a useless mechanic, and the word count probably could have been used to just say 'hey check with your players to make sure they are comfortable with whatever topic'. But whatever, it does the same job.

>WoD is written by SJWs
Wow, what a shocking revelation, news at 11! What's there even left to discuss about it at this point?

Some gamelines are more sjw than others que Changeling and Beast

>The X Card
But why? Why does need to be a rule? Couldn't the person bothered by the content just say so before the game or just stress how bothered they are?

The point of the X card is that it prohibits discussion.

Some people are such broken shambling wrecks all they can bring themselves to do is touch a piece of paper.

Camilla is a pseudo name fag from way back when. Turned every game of his into Sopranos + 90s anime with vampires.

It is so John the Autist doesn't decide to go 'What? Why don't you like that I'm raping the elf slave? Do you have something against Rape? Were you raped by a warrior user? Hey tell us the story. Why are you mad?'

Which is just going to break the game down as the autist and the sadkid go at it and eventually get into some idiotic argument.

So instead you just have a 'don't even start with that' piece of paper.

This doesn't seem very wise, seeing as the ST would have a harder time guessing what triggered the other person, so he could adjust his games in the future.

The fuck is an x card?

It's a sign for people that you need to kick out of your table.

Wait did they really suggest a card that you can use to say you dont want to rp a particular subject?

You just give each person a notecard with an X on it. If a topic comes up that they are too uncomfortable with to continue, they just tap it to say no.

That's it. A 'yeah maybe the vampire doesn't have his walls covered in disemboweled people' button. Or 'how about the Pure that captured us don't rape us into submission'.

Basically, you pull out a black card with the letter x on it and it skips whatever scene your were playing. Like, say if a person is uncomfortable with racism, and the ST just introduced a racist npc, the triggered player pulls out the x card, and the scene is over, no discussion. At least from what i understand.

Seriously what is it with WoD that brings out the most thin-skinned of humanity. This is why I only play Demon, Mummy, and Mage. Less likely to attract thin-skinned fucks.

Fucking hell, when did this happen?

Fucking faggots!!

>the vampire doesn't have his walls covered in disemboweled people

That is the whole point of the best clan though. The Tzimisce.

Blame indy gaming. If i recall right, this general has been talking about x cards for well over a year. (on and off of course, it was bigger when aspel was around)

I hope you realize the X Card is years old at this point and has been widely lauded on the convention circuit as a valuable tool in play.

I mean, no one is worried about that, because the only people playing oWoD haven't spoken to another human being in like 10 years.

>Retarded people think retarded shit is valuable
What a surprise.

Slender Man

Virtue: Fearsome
Vice: Observant/Mysterious
Aspirations: Take People Away, Remain Just Out Of Sight, Spread Fear And Madness, + ST Fiat

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 5, Wits 6, Resolve 8
Physical Attributes: Strength 5, Dexterity 6, Stamina 8
Social Attributes: Presence 8, Manipulation 6, Composure 8

Skills: Academics 2, Investigation (Spying) 5, Occult 4, Medicine 1, Athletics (Chasing) 5, Brawl (Claws And Tentacles) 4, Stealth (Stalking, In Plain Sight) 8, Survival 4, Empathy (Comforting) 3, Expression (Gestures) 3, Intimidation (Appearing Out Of Nowhere, Lurking Dread) 6, Persuasion (Taking People Away) 5, Subterfuge (Evasive, Mind Games) 6

Merits: Area Of Expertise 1 (Taking People Away, Mind Games), Danger Sense 2 (Advanced 2), Direction Sense 1 (Advanced 2, Epic 2), Double Jointed 2 (Advanced 1), Eidetic Memory 2 (Advanced 1), Indomitable 2 (Advanced 3, Epic 4), Interdisciplinary Specialty 1 (Taking People Away, Mind Games), Trained Observer 3 (Advanced 2), Vice-Ridden 2 (Advanced 3), Greyhound 1, Seizing The Edge 2, Iron Will 2, Striking Looks 2, Untouchable 1, Untouchable Style 4, Fighting Finesse 1 (Claws And Tentacles), Killer Instinct 3 (Advanced 2)

Willpower: 26
Defense: 11
Initiative: 14
Speed: ST Fiat
Health: 17 (Size 9)
Potency: 10

Weapons/Attacks
Claws And Tentacles [+2L melee; 9 dice]

Dread Powers: Chameleon Horror, Elusive, Hypnotic Gaze, Immortal, Influence (Just Out Of Sight 5), Madness And Terror, Maze, Natural Weapons 2 (Claws And Tentacles), Numen (Aggressive Meme, Hallucination, Implant Delusion, Implant Mission, Mortal Mask, Occult Sight, Sign, Speed, Teleportation), Surprise Entrance, Swift, Toxic 2 (Sick), Vanish

You, screw the playerbase! What do those guys know!

I roleplay with adults, and am only finding out about this X card shit now.

Holy shit, if somebody turned up with one to a game i was in id laugh my ass off. (yes i said iroleplay with adults and i laugh at a xcarder, sue me its funny shit)

Aww hell. Changeling was my favorite game line.

user, you're triggering me with these microagressive and pseudoracist comments. I might need to bring out my X-card so you'll stop such problematic posting.

Conventions attract the worst kind of people, and have to appeal to the lowest commonly accepted social denominator.

Of course they'd praise it.
Can you imagine how people would respond if they didn't?

>looking down on the storygames community
>in a general for storygame

Why are you here, exactly?

I literally do not have time to deal with that kind of bullshit. If a GM takes the time out of his busy day to come up with a scenario and then run it for me of course I would be upset if some shithead kid decided its ok to skip the content meant for consumption. I got 40+ hours of work a week to do plus relationships that need to be maintained. With the little free time left I get to game I am not going to take game wrecking bullshit as a good idea.

Yeah, because you probably play with people you know, with only the occasional stranger.

It is used at conventions because you might be playing a game with strangers, whose issues you aren't aware of.

Like, if you were playing with your friend that you know is a war vet, and has terrible mental episodes when confronted with the idea and aftermath of IEDs, would you then have an enemy in your campaign that blows up innocents with IEDs?

If you do, you're an actual asshole, and I don't know why anyone would play with you for long.

Now your vet friend decides to go play at a con, and doesn't know the ST, and would rather not end up mind-screwed for the next few days. But they also don't feel like shutting down the game at length to explain this and any other problems they have with a table of strangers.

It's just their Paradigm. Seeing other people interferes with their magic.

When did having a conversation before running a game not be a thing?

Xcards im still laughing

The X card was developed with convention play in mind, among groups of people who do not necessarily know each other and that take place in unfamiliar locations.

Even with the new edition, you won't have to run it this way. New Promethean has zirself pronouns in a few paragraphs but that sort of thing doesn't have to make its way into your campaign.

Since VASCU and Teleinformatics is explicitly psychic, what other horrors came out of MKUltra in WoD?

No, don't you understand user.

They have to take a stance against optional social rules included for the sake of a game format they aren't even doing! They can't enjoy things if other people not like them are allowed to also enjoy them!

Its basically a "Im not a functional adult" card?

I planned on introducing fresh, new players to Changeling with Hill's 2e, because it seemed to be a better explanation of the setting and mechanics than 1e. Now Bailey's 2e is making me reconsider that. It gives the wrong impression of what I want the game to look like compared to the old fluff.

Who is this namefag

Anyway. Storygames are enjoyable. The lines that do not attract the easy to offend are some of the best. Like I said, Demon, Mage, Mummy, and even Promethean are some of the best games on the market. Because you don't play some mopey hag in them.

How odd. That's the whole premise of the exclusionary SJ movement in games.

God. Remember Eclipse Phase?

>Just because I like parts of WoD means I have to accept the OPP playerbases endless retardation.

So you play by yourself right? Nobody plays demon or mummy

I'm joining a high-end Werewolf/Vampire crossover with my Mage character.

Obrimos
Gnosis 6
Forces 5 Prime 4 Life 5 Space 3 Time 2 Fate 2 Death 1

Anything I should know about? We're fighting Strix spirit hybrids.

Yes, explicitly. Now you're getting it.

A lot of people are not functional. More so in the nerd community. You know, the whole 'escapism' thing tends to go well with people who otherwise have some sort of mental damage.

Is this a surprise? This has been the roleplayer stereotype since like day one. Did you watch Revenge of the Nerds?

This, i 1000 times this. Just ask if the game would contain anything bothersome.

I agree it's bad and shouldn't be in the book, but when has a White Wolf book not been stuffed with useless padding? Look on the bright side, if a player reads the book and comes to you promoting the X-card idea, it's a useful warning sign.

No one cares if you play it. Get a life.

Everyone loves fire. Indulge in the creation of colossal firestorms at every opportunity.

I'm laughing my ass off at someone in these threads acting like Rose is some """SJW""" who is ruining Hill's vision. Not too lomg ago, these threads were villifying Hill for putting too much social justice into Changeling 2e.

Not that Hill's game wouldn't have been the better one.

I love Promethean and even I have to wonder how you wouldn't consider it a game about being a mopey hag. You play a soulless monstrosity that the entire universe treats as a punching bag!

Not everybody is a edgy piece of shit like you and wants nonsense magical realm like rape and pedophilia in their games

No I only play with adults who do not want to mope around all day crying about things. This is why we play Conan

It's the WoD equiv of "I love D&D, It's just like Game of Thrones!"
Instant red flag and "Do not play with this person"

Nobody cares, tripfag.

Including a prommie type about getting your dingle cut off.

Because they couldn't make that any clearer the first time.

Because he is right and BTFO your argument you have to resort to name calling. Sad!

>Promethean
True but in Promethean you aren't stuck on that part. You are pushing through the mopey loneliness to become more human. There is also hope in it. Vampires are hopeless.

Ummm, you're going to ruin the game, more than likely.

Though you only have a single dot in Death, none in Spirit. That leaves you in a pickle against those hybrids.

Are you trying to imply that the myth of Osiris is some kind of social justice narrative? I didn't know the Egyptians 4000 years ago were the type.

Those were in 1e, anyway.

Your character sounds broken as fuck and shouldn't have any problem soloing the game himself

Save up the Atamajakki hate until he starts talking about Mummy.

You're going to need a lot of ammo.

Right about what? He's a tripfag. Nobody likes tripfags. Not even tripfags, or they wouldn't post with big targets reading "shit on me".

The first time was 1e.

Keep up atamajakki.

And no, I'm implying it was being used as one in promethean, though more in 2e than in 1e.

>Mage in a Werewolf/Vampire game
Yeah you gonna ruin that shit

So you admit to not having an argument?

>Obrimos
>Gnosis 6
>Forces 5 Prime 4 Life 5 Space 3 Time 2 Fate 2 Death 1

>not thinking you won't ruin the chronicle

About what? He's a tripfag. Who needs an argument to tell a tripfag that he's a shithead?

If some scene occurs on a plane and somebody x-carded it cos they are scared of flying, i would shit the fucking bed.

That person would be out the fucking door faster than my shit hitting the bed.

Not everything has to be edgy, the fact you went there means your the edgy faggot here.

Yeah you admit it. Good day sir

No one. But it also isn't an argument. We know he sucks, now what else? You can stop desperately repeating it.

How is he broken though?

You realize that Osirans in Promethean don't have to have their dicks missing, right? If memory serves, most of the example characters are doen either a limb ot an eye, and I think the text specifically calls out losing fingers or losing your tongue. But by all means, ascribe meaning to the text that isn't there.

Not that Promethean isn't an inherently transgender-friendly game or that the stories aren't trans-adjacent, but if you wanted to actually be mad about that you'd attack meatier parts of it than real-world mythology.

Increase your death vs strix or rape em with forces and fire.

Nobody xcards a scene because they have a fear of flying. Get over yourself you fucking spaz

If you don't like hearing it sucks, then maybe you shouldn't have asked for an argument about why it sucked when it's a matter of public record?

Charles Bailey is a shitty person, and should be avoided at all costs. I've had the unfortunate experience of playing with him, and being forced to deal with his bullshit for years before leaving the MES.

It's a high-end chronicle, I don't see how a supposedly broken (as is saying) Mage is going to draw much attention from something he has no way of handling. He has no dots of Spirit.

Atamajakki, I was on your side. Please don't make me join the many people in this thread that would rather spend the whole thread calling you a shit.

Settle, the fuck, down.

Learn to make your point without deadnaming someone. It's crass, and invalidates whatever points you may actually have.

Neither werewolves and especially vamps can get anywhere close to a 2 degree master with that many points in the other arcana. And no you don't need spirit to shit on shitty ass strix who are easily the least of threatening of all the 2e splat enemies.

Tell us a story user

Charles Baily is a shitty person and should be avoided at all costs.

Sounds exactly like something that would fucking happen.

Pretty sure when i join a game, its discussed before hand about the theme and setting, whats likely to occur and what we as players dont really want to touch on. So yeh all the edgy shit is covered well before we even start playing.

I really need to start getting to these con games where people are getting triggered enough to use a x card not on stupid shit.

What changes has he made to 2e anyway?

Had an idea for a Geist. Named him Starchild, and he was a kid from the 1960s, who loved looking into space, one day hoping to become an astronaut. Unfortunately, that dream was cut short when an asteroid pierced his skull. Now, I'm thinking to think of the general Gist of it, but I know I want it to have the creepy kid sort of vibe, and he would communicates his words through creating his words in the stars for his sin eater to read. Any ideas as to how you would design him?

>what do strix do with fire or sunlight?
>what can forces 5 do
>rethink strix as bad guys

>Charles Bailey
Literally who?

>Not that Promethean isn't an inherently transgender-friendly game

I don't understand how it can be trans anything. Promethium characters are neither male or female so much as they are living piles of meat.

Found the SJW.