Starts a fight with a necromancer

>Starts a fight with a necromancer
>sends her dragons to fight him

>acts surprised when the dragons are killed and raised.

Stupid plots general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DA5mY8XqrHU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wow what a dumb cunt

either this is a brilliant fabrication or I missed a season of GoT

I'm hoping this is a fabrication, because otherwise it's a leak.

Perhaps it's the same leak that got two people in Malaysia jailed?

I'd say there's about 90% chance this is legit. The synopsis of all the scripts for this season were leaked like months ago, and so far they match. Wait for a sex scene between Jon and D.

In that case do we know how it ends? Does everyone die? Pls say yes.

This season ends with Jon and Daeneris taking a boat north towards the wall.

Some time late in 2017 RR Martin finally dies from being a disgusting fat slob and then the show's writing somehow gets even worse.

But this is the last season, how can it end on a cliffhanger?

It's not. There's one season after this one.

>acts surprised
Was she supposed to be acting there?

I don''t understand, I thought this was supposed to be a book series. Doesn't everyone already know what happens in the show or is it something else?

I was under an impression that there's 2 seasons - another short 7 episoder next year, and a final one in like 2020.

Dragons are meant to be fire made flesh, and the idea of the spooky ice liche rezzing them makes me mildly upset.

the show passed the books last season

It's a leak.

The show is shit for stupid libs anyway.

Blah blah blah. Illegitimate as fuck, the show is ahead of the series and is just fan fiction tier now. The fat slob has failed us. Fuck this show and fuck fatso. Wheel of Time will be better.

Huh, that doesn't sound right.

Whatever makes the money, I guess.

Wheel of time has never been good.

Well if nothing else Jordan is already dead so we can't accuse home of being a sellout while execs desecrate his corpse

Just because you got bad taste.

Plus WoT is done. None of this fan fiction crap.

They could have done what Dragonball Z did when it got to the end of the books.

Do you want GoT to have 2 seasons on Namek doing nothing? Then a filler arc about fucking Garlic Junior?

Anything that would flesh out the world without moving the plot is ok in my book.

Honestly? That kind of thing would be more in line with the tone of Game of Thrones.

I've never watched the show or read the books, so take my words with a grain of salt.

But why could they not have either A. Written more before making a TV series, or B. Just stopped filming when you run out of source material and wait for more source material.

Are they really in such a hurry to make more money that they have to completely disregard the fact that this was a book at some point? Does the author even write anymore?

Also this. From what I've seen in Veeky Forums shitposts about taxes, the author really likes to delve into unnecessary detail. It doesn't sound like filler would be a bad thing.

No GRRM doesn't write anymore. He is burnt out on the setting and plot

That honestly sounds really sad.

Like the gaben of writing.

Pretty much. GRRM is the Gaben of writing. He got his money, his fan base he can milk. So he doesn't need to do anything. Especially since he gave the GoT showrunners a basic overview of how he wanted the series to end. So with that he literally just eats, posts dumb shit on his blog, and writes about how much he is writing the next book.

>reading 14 fantasy books when you could be learning a skill

wew lad.

It's just a vehicle for political brownie points.

Nothing more.

But Garlic Jr invading Game of Thrones would be fun

Considering he's got what amounts to interns and superfans writing his ancillary materials, I'd say burnt out is an understatement. He just keeps telling people he's working to keep those sweet hbo royalty checks coming so he can suck the teat and eat french fries all day.

Dang, I'm sorry. I was sad when I found out Valve wasn't making any more games. It always sucks when money cuts off a person's desire to create.

I listened to them on my commute and during work.

>while you were reading, I mastered the blade

>not mastering the car

>teleports behind you
>runs out of gas instantly

That's not even reading.

Meh. Triggers the same areas of the brain if you want to get scientific. But honestly don't give a fuck, I enjoy it more. Plus Kramer is amazing.

>Meh. Triggers the same areas of the brain if you want to get scientific.
That's just blood flow. It doesn't tell them anything.

>I enjoy it more.
Have you ever read a real book?

Wheel of Time gave me Stockholm Syndrome

>Have you ever read a real book?
Yes. I used to read all the time. But as I get older my free time continues to shrink to nothing so I need to do the things I love in whatever ways I can. Audio books allow me to enjoy the same effect as reading when I am able. You seem to be a gate-keeping elitist who has yet to find his free time become nothing.

>Yes. I used to read all the time.
>when i was forced to
Ah.

>But as I get older my free time continues to shrink to nothing
You're not supposed to stay at minimum wage for this long.

>Audio books allow me to enjoy the same effect as reading when I am able.
Not really, no. Being read to and being able to read and absorb information are totally different faculties.

>You seem to be a gate-keeping elitist who has yet to find his free time become nothing.
No, i just realized early on that your excuses would lead to a result similar to your own.

Good luck with that.

The first book was published in 1991. Since then he has managed to write 4 books. With another 2 needed to finish up the series. were HBO to wait until he wrote the next two it would be 2031 before he finished the series.

> 1991
26 years. 6.5 years per book but not really.

>Forced to
Maybe you were. I was an avid reader myself. Never forced.

>Minimum Wage
Nah, Salaried. Get underpaid for what I do but that is a different story altogether. Given two more years I can find a job at $70,000 year in my field easy.

>Being read to and being able to read and absorb information are totally different faculties.
You keep thinking that. Verbal Storytelling as a medium is much much older then reading stories from books. As a social creature humans are more capable of absorbing and processing information from being "read" to since socially we evolved as Storytellers. Books were good for storing information for long term use as well long range transference of information.

Different user, but,

So?

Many of WoT's interesting parts are just ripped off from Dune, by writers even less skilled than Frank Herbert

So no, HBO cannot wait until the books are finished. Properties have a shelf life in the public consciousness. And taking a , let's be generous here, 6 year break for The Bearded glacier to finish the last two books. Interest would wane and profits along with it. And Actors would get older or die and need to be recast.

So the long short of it is. No HBO cannot afford to wait until the final two books are finished.

>Maybe you were. I was an avid reader myself. Never forced.
doubtful.

>Nah, Salaried. Get underpaid for what I do but that is a different story altogether. Given two more years I can find a job at $70,000 year in my field easy.
Where are you salaried that you still have to ride a bus?

>Given two more years I can find a job at $70,000 year in my field easy.
let me guess, STEM? Good luck, buddy, hope you're nonwhite.

>Verbal Storytelling as a medium is much much older then reading stories from books.
You're unaware of the game of telephone's implications on how much of a verbal story is retained?

>As a social creature humans are more capable of absorbing and processing information from being "read" to since socially we evolved as Storytellers.
One wonders then why the written word was ever seen as necessary. How much of it can you recite from memory? Do you even take notes while you're read to?

>Books were good
>were
Sad but true. All the important things to know are in books, so there are an infinite amount of incentives to keep people from them.

So that answers the question. HBO wouldn't make enough money so the artistic integrity of the show is thrown out the window. Easy.

Dude, why are you trying to play a dick measuring game with some user on Veeky Forums?

Both of you please stop this is embarrassing

Artistic integrity was thrown out the window long ago. Like when GRRM sold his unfinished series to HBO and said something along the lines of. "And this is sorts how it goes in my head. But you can really do pretty much anything you want. Can I have my gobs of money now?"

>Artistic integrity was thrown out the window long ago
I can almost pinpoint the moment.

I think that's like her schtick.
She has that dumb "fish out of water" surprised look to almost everything.

Her arrogance and general lack of thought behind her actions cause her to get into dumb situations she mostly lucks out on.

Trouble is though, she's a leader that acts pretty much only for herself. (And we all know how well that usually turns out)

>You're unaware of the game of telephone's implications on how much of a verbal story is retained?
Not him: People weren't stupid user. The entirety of the structure of the Iliad and Odyssey are examples of how storytelling evolved in order to be suited for oral transmission. It wasn't just "I'm going to tell you a long ass story and you try to remember it k let's start".

>ride a bus
I drive user. What you can't drive and listen to something? Your theater of the mind must be weak.

>STEM
Nope, Supply Chain Management.

Anyway enough of this dick measuring contest. Though it makes me wonder how bad your memory must be that you need to write notes...

>What you can't drive and listen to something?
It's not safe to be that distracted while at the wheel. Listen to music before you end up killing someone because your mind was elsewhere.

>Though it makes me wonder how bad your memory must be that you need to write notes...
Lack of college education: Confirmed.

>The show is shit for stupid libs anyway.
How so?

>wimmen strong white man evil.
>countries warring forever without the populace revolting against them.
>1000 horses kept in the snow waiting to make a charge in the snow.
>is supposed to be brutal world but couldn't commit to it and aged up the characters so much it's absolutely retarded that we have to accept this is a 12 year old boy.

The list is nearly endless.

not the (you), but you sound defeated and looking for any reason to continue as soon as you brought up "It's not safe to be that distracted while at the wheel." and then recommended to listen to music.

>Though it makes me wonder how bad your memory must be that you need to write notes...
>Lack of college education: Confirmed.

A duel Major here, and i've never taken notes that were not graded. Also GPA 3.7.

Dont forget.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Someone has been spending too much time playing Warcraft.

>>is supposed to be brutal world but couldn't commit to it and aged up the characters so much it's absolutely retarded that we have to accept this is a 12 year old boy.
I think that's more because they didn't want to recast anybody, so they glossed over the passage of time. Sam said it had been years since Bran went north of the wall.

The ice dragon was stupid when it was fanon and its still stupid now.

>>countries warring forever without the populace revolting against them.
Aren't liberals supposed to be about (perceived) popular revolt against some oppressive authority, e.g. Hunger Games?

No they didn't want to show a 12 year old girl being raped by a big middle eastern man because that would have made people look too closely at islam.

But it also completely took the piss out of the story.

Yes but liberals have exactly zero awareness of how the world actually works.

*tugs braid at you*

>a 12 year old girl being raped by a big middle eastern man
Who is this? You mean Daenerys and Khal Drogo? Drogo's supposed to be pseudo-Mongolian, not Middle Eastern.

>Middle east
>not directly adjacent to mongolia
>Genghis khan only went east.
Oh my bad i forgot that the lines have shifted and that libs know nothing about history.

>Verbal Storytelling as a medium is much much older then reading stories from books.

In the past people died at 40 and wiped their asses with sticks, perhaps you should do that too if the past was so much better.

Stop making excuses for your illiteracy.

>In the past people died at 40

Way to parrot an opinion and not look at actual actuarial tables, libtard.

>Genghis Khan only went east

If I were to visit Japan, even if I were to conquer it, I would not suddenly become Japanese. Mongolians aren't Arabic.

Plus, it was largely sex related, but Drogo was only part of it, there was also a bunch of stuff with Sansa and the like, and it was much more to do with kids being fucked in general as opposed to some weird telephone game of Dothraaki > Mongolians > middle east > arabic > islam?? That you have cooking up in your head.

.... Shit man, Warcraft 3 is basically a condensed GoT series, at least in terms of having weird cold dead in the north.

>Genghis khan only went east.
By that logic, the Dothraki are also Polish, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Lithuanian and Russian.

Derectly adjacent to Mongolia is China, Russia and Khazakstan, None of which are Middle Eastern countries. The mongols were Asiatic not Arab. By your oh so exact geographical reasoning Ethiopians and most of East Africa are Middle Easterners. As are most Eastern Europeans, Greeks and possibly India because of their proximity to what is considered the Middle East.

Here's your (you's)

>The books were supposed to be a trilogy with the first book ending on the red wedding
>Timeskip of several years between each book so the young characters could grow up
>Jon's endgame romance was Arya
What a world we could've lived in.

But user, Valve announced a new game just a little while ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=DA5mY8XqrHU

Prepare to be mad

>Jon's endgame romance was Arya

Oh god I think I just threw up a little. I did not know that was the original projected story line. I dislike Arya so very much it brightens my day to know that this abomination never came to be.

She was planned to be in a love triangle with Jon and Tyrion before finally ending up with Jon.

This.

Arya is literally the most retarded le edgy girl power char.

Imho the whole series would have been much better with a protracted war between Tywin and Rob ended by the Red Wedding. And then the Ice Zombies should have attacked the Wall.

Are you kidding? Those animatronic eyebrows are the pinnacle of acting.

Too bad the rest of her face can't keep up.

/pol/cancer, holy fucking shit. Not only fucking bad at history but also geography.

Listen, I want to kill all muslims just as much as the next guy, but come the fuck on, man.

>I want to kill all muslims just as much ad the next guy

Lel, thats what I love 4chins for.

>muh artistic integrity

>Pelenor fields.
No grey host.
No pelagrir army.
No Variag.
No Mumakil from the beginning.

But we got ghosts and prettyboy action.

Define liberals?

What did you expect? /pol/ knows nothing of the world.

>Got told.
>Starts memeing.

Like pottery.

I know you didn't mean it that way, but If they took GoT to space and legitimately went to not!Namek it would be amazing.

uh, source?

So how big are the dragons at this point? 60 ft for the largest one?

This is not a video game

>Written more before making a TV series
The studio decides when to make an offer based on viewership stats and current trends. They want to start when demand is highest and grow from there. Waiting for more material might mean missing their launch window as fads cool off and viewers turns towards other themes.

>Just stopped filming when you run out of source material and wait for more source material.
Do you want to lose 60% of your audience? Because that is how you lose 60% of your audience. Viewers are goldfish. Dropped series die almost every time. Further, they had the actors, crew, props, makeup teams, and studio space set up and under contract. Lapsing on that hemorrhages money, and bringing everybody BACK once they're ready to pick it up again is even worse. What are you going to do when you call up a major character's actor after your eight-month break for a rehire and he says "Oh, I'd love to, but I'm filming another show right now. We ought to wrap up some time in June, can you wait?"
Meanwhile half of your OTHER actors are free now, but can't afford to wait until June for work and will take other contracts if you don't get filming.

*smooths skirt*