/cyoag/-CYOA General: Surprise OC edition

Previous Thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13707742
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think this is my best work, but I'll let you guys be the judge.

Does anyone else hate finding art for their cyoas?
It always is the worst part for me.
Any tips?

I like it.
Yes, grab art you find and like all the time.
Not just for CYOAs.
Then you can just look through your collection instead of scouring the internet.

Reposting my latest crap from last thread.

I was going to give you about 3 more minutes before reposting it for you.

I hate it too. I would had probably made a lot of progress with mine if it were not for that.

I made this cyoa while on break from writing PPP+. I decided to use draft idea characters/lore from an in-progress Earthbound inspired cyoa to make this cyoa.

Pick whatever waifu you want. Remember to have fun.

throw away your dignity and write your cyoas about cute anime girls

No, not yet. I still have a few more ideas.

Box.

I take Lindsy.
I can use those techno powers for something.

Requesting Son of Metal. The one with the unicorns.

How many perks do we get?

Fuck.
Forgot to put that in.
Three in total.
Let me fix that.

I'm on my way to bed so I decided to throw it up before I left.
Thanks though.

>After fighting off an alien invasion at your school
Huh... You'd think I'd remember doing something like that...
Oh well, if it gets me a yandere waifu, I won't question it.

You thing you'd remember something like your soul exploding too, but apparently not.

Touche.
Also, pretty sure I'm the only who remembers this, but the only reason exists is because I rolled on that fucking chart a while back.

Fixed second page. Gonna work on my next project now.

Nah I remember. I got internet, poker, and no hit-points from that thing.

Probably not gonna make anything with it though. I really couldn't care less about online death poker.

Danae
Olesya
Taavetti

Wish I could take Nevidd, too. Any plan for DLC?

>Online Death Poker
So like... Yu-Gi-Oh! meets Darwin's Game?
That could actually be pretty cool...
>DLC
For this? Not at the moment.
But certain characters and elements from it may make it into future CYOAs.

Just to be sure, is it possible to choose from which rival "Mai Waifu!" applies in case of "Double Trouble"?

From the wording it seems yes since while drawbacks that give the rival something only apply to the main rival, "Mai Waifu!" does not give anything. In the following build I assigned my main rival taking into account the companions she will receive, but I am looking for the waifu from the other one.

Supreme Sorcerer
Dark Elf Female
Death Realm -3
Sex Appeal (female) -2
Arcane Magic (free)
Holy Magic -3
Black Magic -3
Magical Bondage -2

Scrying Box -1
Legendary Weapon -1 (Holy) (combo)
Legendary Armor -1 (combo)
Runic Cube -1 (combo)

Elven Ranger -2
Loli Mage-2
Diviner -1
Guardian -2 (combo)
Shadow Assassin -2
Masochist Mage -2

Witch Hunter +2
Adventurer +1 (Mai Waifu!)*
Pervert +2
Skimpy Outfit +1
Double Trouble +2 (Mor'ath)*
Unexpected Enemies x2 +4 (Noblewoman, Knight Errant, Amazon Warrior, Beast Mistress)

Mega Harem (female)

Heroic Guardian Combo

Avearna

Are the special supplies not path-locked? Special perks say they are but the supplies don't mention one way or the other.

They are.
I didn't think I needed to specify that.

You absolutely do. Really there's no reason they have to be, the setting could easily have some random magic or high tech shit in it even if the zombies come the other way.

Limbo valhalla DLC when?

Katriel
olesya
iines

Nevidd would be thinking entirely with your dick. Besides, when she she was "hoping we could breed" she probably means it literally. I doubt she has any more concept of contraception than she does money.

[15]
Let's, as always, start with drawbacks.
Light Packer [18]
Stick Physiology [20]
Extra Viral [22]
Magic zombies. If it means we get magic, magic zombies aint shit.

Shelter: Bike (woods) with Log Cabin [-5] Shouldnt be too bad to get a steady supply of vegetables, and hopefully some edible sap or finding a nearby bee's nest. Will have to dry some meat or fish for first winter or two though. Also it should help with stick physiology.

Skills:
Melee Berserker. A mace/hammer seems like a very good weapon for the situation. No sharpening necessary. [-3]
Woodsman [-4] All purpose survival knowledge. Plus I'm already a competent gardener and manager so I dont need those

Thats [-12/22] so far

Supplies:
School Backpack [-3, capacity 4]
Solar Generator, water Purifier(manual) [-7]
Solar generator may not be useful immediately but will be particularly useful later on during trades if people know they can charge their phones n shit here for free if they give me good deals on trades. Plus ill eventually get some electronics im sure.
Thats -22/22

Special :
Seal of life. Bring zombies back to life is pretty OP. I mean, that's insta companions. How can they not listen to me when I can freaking revive zombies and corpses. (Also good for keeping meat fresh or starting a bunny farm from dead bunnies.

Normal Perks: Titanium Weapon. How about a nice Titanium Axe. It'll make survival much easier at any rate.

Magic Perk: Healing Hands. It'll be part of my services to start of my trading for the rare traveller. Healing diseases is especially important so they should be willing to pay a good deal. What else are they going to do while they charge their phone.

Companion: Rex. Let's hope that we can find a nice female doggo for him sooner or later. Maybe even trade for one? If I bring a doggo that died from old age back to life will he die again?

Actually... I dont even like the other companions that much. Can I just have two doggos?

Yila

>Can I just have two doggos?
You know what, I'm tired and need to go to bed. Sure, have two dogs. They're both male, though.
>I don't even like the other companions that much.
Eh, it was an experiment into companions. I'll improve latter.
Goodnight.

Two male doggos is fine. At least they have friends and stuff you know.

Also missed your 3 perks thing so for my second and third perks

Actually that looks like it's 3 perks for normal and special perks combined. In that case I'd already have 2 so I'll just take teleport rune as my 3rd. It would be an investment but very very helpful for my trade if I can place it near a major outpost of some sort.

>Limbo
>Valhalla
"Alright, so I figured out how to cure you... But before I can, I need to tear two more chunks of your soul. I swear I know what I'm doing and this isn't just an elaborate prank Sylvain, Taavetti, and I are pulling on you."
Fae don't reproduce in the traditional sense.
Think of it as her taking in your genetic information for future use should the two of you decide you want some sproutlings.
The fae are my go to, "they're magic, they don't need to make sense," race, in case that wasn't obvious already.

or picked as alternates. maybe hell gets boring after a while

Zombie Apocalypse CYOA: (+15 Points)
>Magic: Necromancers
Starting Shelter:
>Bike (+5 Points)
Skills:
>Gardener (-4 Points)
>Woodsman (-4 Points)
Supplies and Bag:
>School Backpack: 8 Capacity (-3 Points)
>Cans of Food (-2 Capacity, -1 Point)
>Axe (-2 Capacity, -4 Points)
>Manual Water Purifier (-1 Capacity, -3 Points)
>Water Jug (-3 Capacity, -3 Points)
Special Supplies:
>Glove of Fire
Perks:
>Diligence
>Healing Hands
>Teleportation Rune
Companions:
>Buck "Lucky Buck" Henshaw
>Charles Eisenhower
Drawbacks:
>Stick Physiology (+2)

>Undead type
Magic: Necromancers
I don't want to get scrached or something and instantly lose. Also magic.
>Starting shelter
Hole in the wall
It is small but comfortable. When i manage to clear the building i will probably make it a more appropiate home.
>Skills
Melee berserker -2 Repairman-5 Recycler-4
Melee needs no ammo, knowing to fix stuff is pretty useful and recycling in a zombie apocalypse is a must.
>Supplies
Handbag Axe-4
What do you mean i was supposed to bring food? I have an axe.
>Special supplies
Glove of fire
Fire purifies and doubles as a cooking instrument.
>Perks
Temperance, Healing hands, Teleportation runes
I will be here for a while, food and medical supplies are probably going to be rare so i will better get used to it. Also revealing the position of my secret hideout is dangerous, so i will just teleport to it.
>Companions
Charles einsenhower, Rex
Learning how to speak to the dead and nerfed zombies is a great boon. Having him as ally will also conserve the art of necromancy for future and less murderous generations. And well, rex is not a cat but it will be still a nice pet to keep the morale.

>You will never fuck a fae and have weird children together
Why live?

yeah but which ones cuck you

What a charming CYOA. Nothing overdone.

The constant soul swapping is annoying, especially with such strong choices in each world.

Iines, Olesya, and Katriel are the best in each category. For me at least.

The bigger question is how I split the time. I suppose I'd be going for 2:1 heaven to hell weeks?

The idea of having to commit sins to visit my adopted sister/daughter is irksome as well. I suppose I can visit the local bar and start hiding their pool table triangles and chalk, or otherwise do immature pranks.

I like the characters, but it feels like Katriel and Iines need me too much to pick anyone else.

Add one more vote for Katriel, Olesya, and Iines. How can the others even compete?

The ranges on this are silly. Nonetheless, here we go.

>Scientific apocalypse
>Bike: +5
>Cabin: -10
>Repairman: -4
>Woodsman: -4
>Messenger bag: 7.5 capacity
>Axe: 2 capacity, -4
>Knife: 0.5 capacity, -1
>4 cans of food: 2 capacity, -1
>Perk: HUD helmet
>Perk: disease resistant
>Perk: Pack rat
>Perk: Diligence
>Companion: Buck
>Companion: Dr. Zhao

>No drawbacks

I can shoot well enough, and I guess all that time I spent playing with boffers will finally pay off. Being able to leave bruises with heavily padded weaponry explicitly designed to avoid that outcome will hopefully allow me to make a good show of myself vs the undead.

The main area I'm lacking in is fixing stuff, which is why I took repairman, and woodsman mostly divorces me from the need to scavenge for subsistence. Particularly with diligence.

Same reason for going innawoods - gonna take a while for the zombies to wander their way out here, and they'll be starving and weak by the time they do. Even if they chase off all the game, I'll still be able to eat fruits and the like until they die off.

The bike is an incredible boon, it gives me a shitload more mobility than just my feet alone would do without having to worry about running out of gas. It will be an excellent scavenging tool.

Axe and knife are both vital survival tools, I can improvise cooking implements and most other things until better can be scavenged. The four cans of food get us a start, and in addition can serve as cooking and water containers.

HUD helmet's cool.

Buck is another good old boy at home in the woods, with whom I will get along well. Dr. Zhao covers all of our medical needs and is capable besides, and with my drive and her fitness behind him Bud ought to be able to set up a worthwhile farming patch wherever we end up. Beer is not difficult to brew, either.

I get that she has a mind that operates on the scale of centuries and thus likely considers weeks to be rather inconsequential things but 90% of the time won't you be leaving Iines alone if you choose her? I mean unless you go out of your way to be a dick during your time on Earth.

You see, our stay in the cabin will be fairly brief. Living zombies means water requirements, and water requirements means most of them are going to be dead inside of four days. Aren't a lot of streams in the cities, which is where most of the zombies are going to be...

The bike will enable cursory scavenging runs for the good stuff - weapons, cookware, first aid kits, you name it. The looting will be incredible. It also enables keeping tabs on the city to see how the zombies are doing.

If they don't eat each other, most of the ones that are smart enough to find water and use it will be dead in around a month of starvation. If they are, stretch that out to two or three months because they're dumb animals and don't store for later. I would also imagine dead zombie spoils fairly quickly.

After the zombie threat has largely wiped itself out and/or starved, the few of us left will have a hell of a time picking up the pieces. You're looking at reverse decimation, 90%+ of the population gone and the complete collapse of all modern infrastructure. This is where the handyman skill will come in, earning us a solid position in whatever order develops in the wake of the slaughter. Rebuilding won't be easy, we probably won't see a return to grace in our lifetime. But we can get the ball rolling.

ZBG, I usually think your cyoas are fine, even if I do find you pretty annoying because of your constant WIP posting, and you seem really fragile and not able to take criticism all that well.

But even though this CYOA is pretty wordy, I think it's my favorite one of yours yet. It's like a detailed Marry, fuck, kill, but instead of kill, it's live with.

Gonna go with Danae, Olesya, and Edelmira.

Dane is the marry option, and probably my favorite girl. My only worry is that I'm worried Katriel is gonna be super pissed I didn't choose her.

Olesya is the live with option, and I'll gladly act as a sibling to her if it means I get internet. Might as well keep her company too. Nevidd was a close second choice, and I'm usually a sucker for monstergirls, but she just seems like kind of a hassle, even if her shapeshifting is a big plus for me. I still chose Oleysa because of internet though.

For Hell Edelmira is the obvious choice for fuck. I'm a sucker for big tits, and I love blondes. She's definitely the sexiest girl, and I guess that's not a surprise. I'd be happy to let her have someone to talk to in between her "relief" sessions.

Bretty good

>Choosing to marry Danae
>Shamelessly cheating on Danae with big breasted succubus

For shame

Kurka

So was Gabe excluding Iines when he mentioned having a relationship with anyone on the list or did he just figure it'd be fine since she was technically the cradle robber in the equation?

It's a close choice between Rika, Lalu, and the mystery box for me, but I think I'm gonna go with Lalu.

I like Blair and I'll go with her.

Look man, my soul is split into 3 parts. I'm not strong or pure enough to resist the temptation of some demon tiddy.

And really, it's more of a selfless action. I'm just tryin to help Edelmira out.

I just found this online, its kinda Cyoa right?

>Heaven
Ioan
>Earth
Olesya
>Hell
Edelmira

Romance in heaven, stability on earth, and fun in hell.

>Romance
>Ioan
Even if you are gay or taking the be the girl option, seriously Ioan?

So you plan to defeat your rival by cucking them senseless?

Some people enjoy being bullied.

Olesya.

For the rest of the time I'll just black out or die or something. Life, or split life, isn't worth living without her.

I'll love the time I get to spend with her and I'll wait patiently for the time to come when I get to see her again, rather than do someone the disservice of being with them while thinking of her.

i approve of your choice in pictures ZBG

keep up the good work

>Heaven
Danae

>Earth
Olesya

>Hell
Lines

You been hunting too long too or can you only find peace in a doll's cold hands?

Tldr for the opening lore segment please

I liked her a lot ever since I played the game. I think she's beautiful and I want to be polite and demure and pleasant like her. I kind of emulate her sometimes. I like to imagine returning to her often and getting to know her better until I might become more than just another hunter to her, since she likes every hunter. When you show up and she's sleeping, I want to not disturb her and instead lay and rest near her.

Sorry for the autistic spiel

You now exist in 3 places at once (heaven, hell, and earth) but are only concious in one at a time. Every week you switch places. When you are on earth you go to either heaven or hell depending on how good you've been that week, otherwise you go to earth.

... The Commisar I guess, though in 20 years I bet the Necron and Plague Marine get a lot more tempting.

Bit of a pity that, if you managed to divide your time in the other two realms fairly, each of the afterlife contacts would get to see you for one week in every four.
Although it's probably more likely that one of the contacts would be left to take care of your sleeping third for months before they might see you again.

The good news is the best girls are on Earth anyway

I was wondering, do you guys prefer a narrator with 'personality', or just a blank one? This isn't a waifu cyoa, so I don't want to make a narrator with a face or a name or anythning, it isn't about them, it's about the player. For example, this:
>There are countless different animals in our wide universe, and you get to borrow from them. Choose two tier one powers that would correspond to your animalistic features.

vs

>There's a whole lotta animals on your planet, and even more wandering about in space. Maybe our creator was feeling a little uninspired with you, because he just borrowed some features from these animals and slapped them on to you! Choose two tier one powers that would best match with your animal features.

The second one is easier to write, but I'm worry it'll come across as hammy like many 'waifu' narrators do.

>The second one is easier to write
In what fucking universe?

I can slip into a personality to write pretty easily, and it just flows. I like to talk a lot, so if I write like I talk, I find it goes well (or at least I hope it does).

To write unbiased, straight from the imagination with no real basis on how you're presenting the info, that's a bit more difficult for me. Or rather, I can do it, but it's difficult for me to make it presented interestingly like that.

>Not doing bad things on purpose to go visit Iines
You are a bad person.

This is specifically why I didn't want to pick Iines. I won't really feel too bad if I (almost) never visit Edelmira

Just spend the week pirating anime when you want to visit hell.

That's every week, though.

I guess you're never seeing your heaven waifu then.

Is there an artifacts of sin?

It baffles me that the Blade of warriors past is better in delivering JUSTICE than the justice artifact.

Blaspheming against God is also a sin, just do that a few hours a day.

It is better at delivering but gives no means of identifying.

Don't be like Zodiac Bro, don't have a waifu presenting your ideas.

But zodiac uses dudes as narrators.

>Do you guys prefer a narrator with 'personality', or just a blank one?
When it comes to waifus, I prefer a narrator with a charming personality!

Yours is the exact kind of narrator I want to avoid. There's a difference between giving a little bit of personality while writing, and having a blubbering idiot stutter and make 'lewd lewd' jokes. No offense to you, you're a good author, but it's not the kind of narrator I'd wish to have for my CYOA.
I thought he uses guys? But I guess it's not really the gender that matters.

>one week with angel GF in heaven
>one week with onee san in motherland
>one week with imouto in hell
just schedule

>I prefer a narrator with a charming personality!
then why dont you make one instead of using zynthia?

It depends what kind of CYOA you're making.

>Zynthia is a blubbering idiot.
>If you like a narrator with a charming personality, then why did you let Zynthia narrate the CYOA?

>best CYOA is lewd prison
>zynthia does not narrate
checks out

I didn't like the theme of that one.

supose thats purely up to taste- personally it appeals to my sick fuck horny side- which is fine in a fetish CYOA like the rest of toks stuff

also liked some of the variance in the builds, for all of his shortcomings tok crams a lot of shit into his CYOA's

In the face of tyranny, /CYOAg/, I ask you to lend me your strength.

Shit taste abound, we cannot let our enemies understand the taste of victory. This is a crucible of malice; our judgement and the future of good OC is at hand. They have the gall to take our works, slather them with their soiled mud, and call it their own. They rigged the very contest in which we dared to set foot on.

Our hatred is just and our defiance is pure. Vote! Throw away your chains of fear, and together, we can trample on their throats amidst the haze of bloodied blades and burning flesh!

Ours is the furious masturbation!

strawpoll.me/13707742

But what the hell is Taavetti? I know you know ZBD Really I just want to choose him for that mystery, plus the potential to "learn" something and potentially acquire phenomenal cosmic power. Even outside of that he seems like the choice that's really going to show you what this version of hellcan be like. But I'm not too big a fan of the chain, or his endgoal for the two of us. And "damaging my soul even more" doesn't sound like a picnic either.

I generally prefer the second, but it needs a light touch.

>ZBD
Who?

>ZBD

did i miss something? all i can think that could be is zodiac brides douche

That's not it. cmon, user. you know what it means.

Zebra-Branded Dong?

> Escapades-Sexcapades v1.0.2 - /u/StarDustAnon
The fuck is that?

The CYOA that SDA created to cuck tok

Olesya is the only worthy choice, but dammit, Danae is close. But no, Olesya is the only choice.

Where can I find it?

>Source
Necromancers

>Starting Shelter
Single Story House (10)
Run Down (12)

>Skills
Gunslinger (8)
Chemist (5)
Medic (0)
Gardener (-4)
Melee Berserker (-6)

I already have repairman skills from my
former life, so that'll help with the whole run down house thing. Thanks, Dad ;_;. I guess I have innate Recycler and Public Speaking skills too, but I've never made a living off of those.

>Supplies/Bag
None

>Special Supplies
Glove of Fire
Cowl of Haste

>Perks
Disease Resistant
Charisma
Healing Hands

>Companions
Charles Eisenhower
Mike Welsher

>Drawbacks
Light Packer, Spur of the Moment (-2)
Addiction, Caffiene (0)
Greater Undead (+1 Special Item)

Not bad, glad to see a fresh zombie survival cyoa. Needs more options in every category, IMO. Especially companions.