Bad news my fellow knights

It seems that the enemy has upgraded their spear levies to pike levies. We're boned.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Garigliano_(1503)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off.

I vote we charge anyway. Everyone knows peasants are incapable of holding the line.

Just make our lances longer

There's this wonderful invention called pistols.

Buy some.

Gee I wonder who could be behind this post.

I vote we learn archery from horseback. Could maybe attach hooks to our saddles and use crossbows?

Amusingly, this has a higher rate of success than it has any right to be.

They still can't beat longswordsmen or archers.

please take it to /qst/.

Dudes, chillax. I got this.

We. Fucking. Burn. Them.

Fuck off

What's the problem?

Release the hounds

Bring your own pikes supported by halberdiers, crossbowmen and handgunners.

Use even longer pikes

That's a great idea, charge with Hounds.

Knights

FUCKING COMMONFAGS GET OFF MY BOARD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why do you keep making these threads?

>Amusingly, this has a higher rate of success than it has any right to be.
Who would have thought a few hundred people with sticks would lose their nerves when facing a few hundred armored people on big armored horses galloping.

Let's invite them to a wedding

an army on foot moves slower, pikes are not suited to bringing the fight to us

we circumvent and then rape&pillage

That's disturbing. Are you implying that the commoners can form their own armies now, more effective than the feudal models that use a chivalric noble class as its backbone? Are you implying you... I mean we, are obsolete?

I have just the solution for you. Just put your head over here and we'll have a magical necklace fitted for you. I guarantee you, you'll never be bothered by commoners again after this.

Armored hounds

With bees in their mouths. Bees!

Dismount.

Have you tried not being a little bitch?
>Pierre Terrail, seigneur de Bayard, charged a fortified position of pikemen, uphill, on his horse and WON

God's sakes, man, just do what you did when they had regular spears that your horse also wouldn't have charged onto and hit them in the flanks.
What manner of halfwit charges at a formation of spears head on?

Pierre was also the greatest knight of his era and one of the greatest knights ever to live, mind you.

If you are so great why did your army lose?

They won that battle and crushed the rebellion

Imagine being so good at killing cunts on a horse that people remember you for it six hundred years later

He has a bunch of statues too.

> Prime example of a real world PC

Why don't we just give our peasant guns?

peasant uprising NOW

Welcome to the worlds oldest game, Biggest Stick.

imagine the first guy to have a stick, and then the first guy to have a bigger stick

the fucking first rivalry

>Pierre Terrail

He once successfully defended a bridge, alone, against 200 Spaniards.

I sometimes wonder if it wasn't sticks, but the femur bones of some animal. Because the idea of our simian proto-ancestors beating each other to death with elephant leg bones makes me laugh insanely.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Garigliano_(1503)
Really?

>not pictured
>those peasants being hung by their own lord because their idiotic actions costed him his honour AND a considerable ransom sum

It was always sticks, that was just when the stick game changed forever.

Femur bones were like man discovering flight

The last man shot by a British soldier using a longbow was a German officer in 1940 by Lieutenant-Colonel John Malcolm Thorpe Fleming "Mad Jack" Churchill.

No matter how far you get up the tech-tree you can always run into a Mad Jack.

He went to a gun fight with a Claymore, there is no defence against a Mad Jack.

>considerable ransom sum
>paying ransom
>for peasants
Things that didn't happen

No, you fool, the picture shows the peasants trying to kill a downed knight. The KNIGHT is worth ransom.

How the fuck did he do that?

Polearm Master and lots of difficult terrain (dead dudes)? Maybe Tunnel Fighter or whatever.

Narrow bridge, I'm guessing.
You don't have to be better than 200 people all at the same time. Just better than as many people that can surround you at a time.
Which means either he just needs to be better than the men on horseback, or his horse needs to be able to successfully squash the dudes running about under hoof.

He was effectively a human meat grinder. And it's demoralizing after a while just watching a mountain of dead motherfuckers just pile up and need to be removed before you can challenge a really pissed off knight. After a certain point you just have to go "FINE! TAKE THE FUCKING BRIDGE!" and go home to fuck Spanish ladies and drink wine.

Same way a single viking on a bridge managed to hold off an English(?) army while the vikings legged it to their boats.

That was a different battle. The charge against pike was in Genoa, in 1508.

This thread has made me very hungry for medieval stuff.

Anyone know any good starting characters in CK2? As long as the start date is in the 1000s or later. (HIP)

Fuck I could go for any good medieval game really

duke of barcelona, if you like getting fucked

>and go home to fuck Spanish ladies and drink wine.

Or wait until reinforcements arrive. Pierre was holding the bridge to give the French time to retreat. Ultimately the Spanish won that battle and took the Kingdom of Naples.

Wither them down with ranged fire, and when the formation thins out then a devastating charge.

Oh god dat file name.

Plate armor is really fucking good don't you know?
Stick a good enough knight on a chokepoint and the only thing that can dislodge him is either a siege weapon or another knight who is good enough to take him on.

Is it just me or has their been an uptick in Alatriste posting lately. I like it.

Just send Dothraki, they're super effective

Plate armour is a meme. It's good but it isn't THAT good. One good Sword slash and you're toast.

Polearm Master + Tunnel Fighter + Sentinel = Molon Labe

>slash
>against plate

>swing full force with pic related
>either smash every bone in his body or cut through gap in plate

Yes. Pikes won't help against those.
If someone can slash that good, he either has eagle eyes or hands of a Jotun

Rolled 18 (1d20)

I attack the closest pikeman.

Who let the squire in? I wager this lad never broke a lance after piercing two conscripts before.

>*record scratch*
>*freeze frame*
>"Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation."

hanging your own villein, for killing an enemy,,, ,minus 10 feudalism points,

>either smash every bone in his body or cut through gap in plate

You realize a longsword typically weighs between 2.5 to 3.5 pounds and doesn't really cut straight through people or armor like an anime, right?

A big enough knight with a big enough longsword should be able to do it.

Not all of us have dragons you asshole, and besides, they seem to have brought ballistas

And they say size doesn't matter

Leave pikemen to me

That count as mounted unit so pikeman has +100% bonus against it!

BRING ME THE WIZARD!

The same way you could move the planet with a big enough lever, I guess.

The Polish did literally just this.

Their Winged Hussars used hollow shafted lances that were made to be longer than pikes. Which allowed them to plow right through formations.

i'll take that bait

don't worry, I've got this strange invention called a cannon

>I wonder whats for dinner?

>One good Sword slash and you're toast.
Jesus.
You know people actually try this shit ? See If you can get close enough for a good shot you're already dead, or without a horse.

>Not "I see your point and find it unaxeceptable

Use trebuchets and catapults to launch rotting body parts and boulders at them in alternating waves to not only demoralize and disgust, but to weaken and sow fear amongst them

Just dismount and equip yourself for a melee. A pike is only good on the first charge of combat. and is not great for on foot combat. Once we destroy their moral with our superior skill and equipment. We can finish them off with a charge. Or let the archers have fun for once.

why do they put the most clinically insane people to fight in a war?

>Hung
It's HANGED you pleb. I hung a picture, I hanged a cretin.

rape their villages and pillage their women

Okay, can someone give me a quick rundown on the issue of spears vs swords in warfare?
I've got a mate who swears that swords were the main weapon of warfare for that period and I don't know enough to tell him off.
Neither does he, mind you, he's just more willing to keep arguing when he doesn't have a point.

Swords have basically always been sidearms, they're the last resort for when you got too close to use your spear.

>I've got a mate who swears that swords were the main weapon of warfare for that period and I don't know enough to tell him off.

He's not wrong, depending on the period. Spears have been around forever.

The "knightly" weapons of the time were the longsword, pollaxe, warhammer, mace, and that one spare sword and dagger you wore.

The weapons of the rank and file, would have been various polearms. Although the "peasant army" is mostly a meme in Western Europe, where they were a thing, spears were their game.

Plus the English main weapon was the longbow.

>Swords have basically always been sidearms

Longswords were typically too long to wear at your side comfortably. Put it on your horse, maybe.

Your average one-handed sword though, pretty good sidearm.

>200 Spaniards.
so that's roughly equivalent to like, five normal people right?

Know any other kind of person who wants to?

>clinically insane
>implying he wasn't BORN for this

There's only one thing to do. We upgrade, TO STURGEON LEVIES. They'll never be able to find a larger lake fish in time.

Person who wants to protect his family and people?

Those war crimes won't commit themselves and someone has to do them.

We're knights! I don't know how to use a longbow!