Why haven't necrons won yet?

Why haven't necrons won yet?

Do they just not care enough?

Theym sleepy.

Necrons are the most powerful force in the galaxy. Of course, the Imperium, Chaos, Tyranids, and Orks are also each the most powerful force in the galaxy. It says so in their books.

Let's see....
>most Overlords are too autistic to do anything.
>one just wants to dick around and improve his collection.
>one is insane and thinks he's still flesh and blood and even takes prisoners who end up being killed "for attempting to escape" by his bodyguard.

Geee I wonder why they haven't done anything yet.

Slow and steady wins the race

You'd think there would be at least one overlord with his crap together

They all probably think it's safer and more rational to rule over their distant snowball and not try to conquer galaxy again for lulz.

It actually kind of is

Necrons are the one race that doesn't have to deal with tyranids/chaos

oldcrons made me question that constantly

newcrons is because they are squalling nobility trying to one up each other and some don't even want to take over the galaxy.

I'm going to make a overlord that likes conquering things

With a cool aperture science paint job too

>R&D crons
Do it.

Think about it, TG

The biggest spoilers in the galaxy are the forces of Chaos (be they Daemons or Gods, or just warp entities), Orcs and the Tyranids. Two races known to infest planets and kill everything around them.

Necrons don't give a shit about chaos. They can't fall to it, they can destroy daemons from the plane, they can't really be tempted; it doesn't do a thing for them.

Orks don't really bother them. They can outshoot orks.

Tau are hilarious. Yeah, kill me permanently from miles away; that'll work. Oh my necrodermis is stitching itself back together and now giant metal scorpions are going to eat the little fishes.

The Imperium of Man are a nuisance, but ultimately dust on your windshield.

The Tyranids can't eat you, nor adapt to you, nor get anything from you, and you can utterly spoil any prize they may win for losing in bio-matter. You don't care if the rock you rule is a char broiled ball of carbon or not.

No other race is immune to the Tyranids.

The necrons have no reason to even bother doing more than letting tyranids do what they want on every world and then coming to clean them away. It's not a question of if, but when. Short game, long game, the necrons are likely to win even if they sit on a bench.

But why bother when you can hunt down more C'Tan shards? The other races can't do much with them. May as well fuck around.

How can this be so when Tau are the most promising and technologically superior race in the galaxy?
Wait... aren't Eldar the most powerful and technologically superior race?

Goats. Tau are Goats.

Nah that's necrons

The tau are good at countering things, and the eldar are good at psychic stuff. However he necrons have finished science.

A random cryptek has more science in his brain, then the entire tau empire.

They probably have battle suits in some garage somewhere that they just forgot about

They're goats? I thought they were fish.

They've got weird faces and name all of their ships after oceanic stuff but they've got hooves and evolved from plains animals.

Huh

>Slow and steady wins the race

I'm still waiting

>They probably have battle suits in some garage somewhere that they just forgot about
They're just out of fashion.
But in 250k years or so they fashion will come back and they will dust all those old battle suits and style again.
Just wait and see

>yfw Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz appear from a hell vortex in DC with an army of skelegates and Trump and Baron have to do battle with them for the fate of America

Technically, the Necron themselves are battle suits. That their minds wear.

>oldcrons made me question that constantly

2 C'tan were sleeping. The Nightbringer was weakened because the Deceiver screwed him over during the War in Heaven.

Most of Necrons were sleeping. The Oldcron win condition was destroying the Black Stone Fortress and awakening the rest of the C'tan gods.

>Necrons don't give a shit about chaos. They can't fall to it, they can destroy daemons from the plane, they can't really be tempted; it doesn't do a thing for them.

A daemon prince infected a Tomb world with a taint of Chaos + Lucius possessed a Necron assassin.

Chaos does affect the Necrons. Chaos Necrons can be a thing.

Also Chaos is kinda of TARGETING Necron worlds because they tend to have Pylons and other anti-warp tech. The CSM codex is full of mentions of CSM wrecking the shit of Necron property and the Necrons themselves. If the last of the Pylons is destroyed, then the galaxy will sink into the Warp and be dissolved.

Would the Necrons lose anything if the other races started adopting Pylon technology, I wonder?

How in the warp do csm stand a chance against necrons, let alone a tomb world.

Tau "find" a necron pylon

Mass production starts in a decade

well if the tomb world is dormant, they do stand some chance

The Great Rift is expanding. It must have consumed hundreds of thousand of tomb worlds already at its birth and it's showing no sign of stopping. More tomb worlds will be lost as the Rift expand and daemons and heretics pour out to specifically target the Necrons for their pylons.

The Tyranids are coming in force. Not only will the Tyranids deny the Necrons apotheosis but any dormant Necron world that has life on it will be destroyed by the Tyranids. As the Tyranids consume a world, the tectonic shifts will crush the Necron tombs beneath. And those Necrons that will fight against the Tyranids will be overrun.

The Eldar are a few steps away from fully awakening their god of death and restoring the ancient that exiled the Necrons to their tombs.

The Tau are developing technologies at a rapid rate though primitive to the necrons still, have proven to be Superior nonetheless (see Battle of Blackfathom). Who knows the limits of the Greater Good's technology?

The Ghaz's WAAAAAGH! is still gaining momentum across the galaxy. The Orks are attacking everything in sight, Necrons included.

Do the Necrons have all the time in the world? No, they fucking don't. They are toast. As things are going now, the Necrons are are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to being a galactic threat.

I still kind of find that stupid.

Warriors are like worse armored space marines, and there are tons of them.

And no necron ever dies.

CSM would stand no chance

yeah but if Oldcrons were still a thing it's only a matter of time.

-Numerous
-Doesn't have any organizational issues
-As durable as space marines
-Can just repair themselves if destroyed
-C'tans were both immortal AND in the material plane
-Void Dragon is the reason for all of the Imperium's tech
-They needed to be awoken but their tombs were right on top of the galaxy unlike the nids who were in another galaxy altogether
-Can attack the warp

They have basically no weakness that cripples their faction like the others.

>Do the Necrons have all the time in the world?
Technically they do since at least one of them has a fucking time machine

>CSM would stand no chance
plot armor?

Easy. Swing swords at them and shoot them with bolters. It's not that hard.

Almost each time he uses it it ends up causing disastrous consequences.

Like he cares

You are forgetting that if the void dragon gets up everything is screwed.

It took two gods to put him to sleep.

And the outsider is out there somewhere.

The deceiver has eaten enough assassins to know that they are delicious.

Heck even the warp isn't that painful for a necron to be in, considering their immunity to chaos corruption.

If the crypteks start pooping out pylons, or just activate the ones they have the rift will close.

Heck a determined dynasty could close the eye of terror if they wanted to

We don't really know what their ability to manufacture Pylons is.

We do know that 'No Fucks' Cawl is experimenting with and adapting it though, and it's hinted Trayzn is helping him

Actually, the Void Dragon, Outsider, Deceiver, and rest of the C'tan are shards, The Dragon of Mars was confirmed to be just a shard if the Void Dragon. Shards at best are at high tier Greater Daemon level.

>considering their immunity to chaos corruption.

They are not immune.

>f the crypteks start pooping out pylons

The knowledge of creating them might have been lost with the shattering of the being who created them.

>Heck a determined dynasty could close the eye of terror if they wanted to

Abaddon made sure that there are no pylons nearby to do this.

>They are not immune.

Since when do Necron have souls?

was that part of the newcron fluff?

I thought some of them just gained personality

They don't have souls but they can still be corrupted and possessed by Chaos. It happened recently in the CSM codex.

WE MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

If they have no souls and were corrupted, I claim RWS (Retarded Writer Syndrome)

I prefer the internal consistency of entire setting to singular anecdotal evidence from the most biased source

You do realize what that means though right?
If it took both Big E and Vaul to put down a shard of the void dragon, then imagine what a full c'tan could do.

They are basically immune to chaos, they can still be affected by it, but never fall.

Heck necrons know how things work, it wouldn't be hard to disassemble a pylon and then start mass production. And at least one cron has to be good at taking notes.

If they actually cared is key word here, abbadon couldn't do anything if they actually activated a war machine.

The thing is, even if they let the galaxy get swallowed by the warp, it would be a walk in the park compared to the war in heaven.

>If it took both Big E and Vaul to put down a shard of the void dragon, then imagine what a full c'tan could do.

Vaul is an Eldar legend with no basis in reality. The Necron defeated the Void Dragon and shattered him. Nobody else.

>hey are basically immune to chaos

Solar flares can corrupt Necron minds, Chaos would do much worse and it does.

Also Harlequin psykers have been shown to be trained to be able to read Necron minds and then make Necron hallucinate theur worst nightmares.

> but never fall.

I count as being possessed as falling to it.

>Heck necrons know how things work, it wouldn't be hard to disassemble a pylon and then start mass production. And at least one cron has to be good at taking notes.

There is no effort by the Necrons to build new pylons. Newcrons are too busy warring among themselves.

>The thing is, even if they let the galaxy get swallowed by the warp, it would be a walk in the park compared to the war in heaven.

The War in Heaven didn't see reality being dissolved to nothing.

>The Eternal Duellist

>Lucius the Eternal leads a motley warband across the galaxy on the trail of the deadliest opponents his network of admiring torture-cultists can locate for him. He intends to hunt down the best melee fighters in the galaxy and beat them in one-on-one combat or die in the attempt. Over the course of several centuries he defeats the Dark Eldar Archon Vraesque in cursed Shaa-dom, the Emperor’s Champion of the Black Templars at Veilfate, and the Ork Warboss Two-klaws at Octarius Sigma.
>Eventually, on a nameless moon near Damnos, Lucius is cut down by the shape-shifting Necron duellist known only as the Phasing Sword. Not even the Necron’s body of living metal can prevent the Slaaneshi champion’s strange possession-curse from taking hold, however, for it takes a cold pride in its victory, and that is the seed of its undoing. Lucius is reborn inside his killer within days, the xenos warrior’s body drizzling away to reveal the twisted swordsman, as arrogant and maniacal as ever.

Necrons have feelings and can be possessed by Chaos. You gotta deal with it, user. This is what you get for wanting personality.

Nobody is immune to Chaos, it is known.

I never wanted personality

I liked my wave after wave of mute terminators blasting everything into a green mist of free particles.

Trazyn is nice through.

This is stupid internal incosistency through, most probably born from writers not knowing how Chaos works, and what are Necron, writing about Chaos and Necron

What next? Orks falling to chaos corruption? And then Chaos Tyranid Tendril? And finally Chaos Old Ones come back into the galaxy when GW sales drop down enough.

Let's put it this way the war in heaven was so vastly brutal that entire races have nightmares about it.

It is the whole reason the chaos gods even have power here at all, the galaxy was filled with so much bloodshed that the warp was made into the lovely little hellscape it is today.

It was a fight between cyber living gods, and an entire race of super emperors. As well as having the orks eldar and necrons at their highest.

You know the beast? The dude who almost did Horus better than Horus? Chump compared to what the crons where fighting.

The eldar who despite being on their last legs, are still a major threat in the galaxy? Imagine them at their highest.

The necrons don't even realize that the war they are in, is in fact a war. Because the only other war they have been in was so stupid.

Just because someone got affected by a god doesn't mean they fell.

Slaanesh could just replace me with lucious right now, that doesn't mean I've fallen.

Bad programming doesn't a fallen necron make, despite who much chaos tries.

But isn't there evidence to suggest that the Men of Iron were corrupted by Chaos? That would mean that you don't need a soul to fall.

I thought Corruption affected the STC and factory and was creating chaos abominations based on Men of Iron STC.

Chaos was basically pulling demons and other souls from warp, and pushing them into Men of Iron.

I cant remember already existing Men of Iron getting corrupted by Chaos. I guess that could work given enough time. If you would physically affect programming in Men of Iron you could Corrupt them.

But Necron have no programming. At least proper necron. They have most of the memories, and personality of the persont stripped of their soul. You could probably corrupt a scarab or such, but heh, try to hack a necron program, good job with that.

And Men of Iron even at their best were infinitely simply compared to Necron programing.

GW nerfed Necrons from a galaxy-tier threat to yet another series of self-fighting petty alien empires on the eastern fringe in 5th edition

GW did the same with Nids recently, Hive Fleets are now eating each other and Leviathan was easily defeated by Blood Angels

Only Chaos is meant to be an existential threat now

Chaos corrupts souls which Necrons don't have, it has been stated in the fluff numerous times.

The new fluff aka "chaos can't lose even when they do" is stupid.

I'm thinking about making my own 40k parallel universe that isn't stupid

I would have thought they were cows.

Chaos corrupts reality. Souls are convenient because it bridges reality and the warp, but not necessary.

Necrons aren't immune to the point of the setting, which is corruption/decay and the struggle against it causing further decay and corruption. They and the old ones are kind of the original template for it.

How many toes do they have?

Odd or even?

Because even at the supposed height of Necron/C'tan wank, they were still second fiddle to Chaos outside their own fluff.

>Orks falling to chaos corruption? And then Chaos Tyranid Tendril?
Both of those are canon, yeah.

The warp being able to twist living metal is nothing new and it would have been fine if it was just left at that. Linking warp hijinks to the emotions of a being with no warp presence is what's fucky, but that's 40k metaphysics for you.

Chaos is the weakest link in 40k because the writers said "Chaos can never be defeated" which is retarded considering a wargame needs factions to rise and fall in fluff or the crunch will disconnect entirely from the lore.

They are pretty close to immune though

They lack the strong emotions that the rest of the races have, and are completely immune to diseases.

They really cannot fall per se, their weapons don't cause people to bleed, they lack a bunch of earthly pleasures, and they have amazing lives and lack a connection to the warp.

Imagine how hard it is to cause a tau to fall, the make the tau a living murder robot.

It can happen but considering there are trillions of necrons, anything can happen

Main reason Necrons haven't won is because a wargame setting needs to have a reason for all sides to fight each other.

Fluff reason would be because the new writers have a boner for Chaos, and only Chaos can do anything significant to the setting.

Not close enough. Anything can happen. That's the idea. Everything else is just powerlevel bullshit contests. No one is immune. Doesn't mean it will happen to everyone either though. People get really all-or-nothing about an intentionally open ended setting that purposefully has internally inconsistent fluff as a narrative point.

What you provided just proves that Necron are uncoruptable.
Chaos can manipulate and warp matter and space around them. But that does not change Necrons being.

You could crush a Necron and punch a hole through him with daemon fire, but that is using warp to affect reality, and use that on the necron. It is not corrupting the Necron, because he has no soul.

And what about Tuska? He went to WAAAAAGH into warp and Khorne is just using his powers to revive him and his boys to get killed and revived over and over. Like his personal Ork zoo. But this is not corupting the Ork.

If Tuska was to face Khorne himself face to face, he would call him a grot, and say he Iz smaller den Gork, an dumber that Mork, or the other way around.

They are not Khornate Orks, they are just playthings for Khorne, yes, and Khorne can rip them asunder with his power, in his realm. But being revived in warp, in Khornes domain, over and over is not corupting Tuska and his boyz.

So Imotekh is totally bending the knee to the Silent King when they meet up... right?

Silent King releasing with the Necron codex would be a dream come true.

The scary thing is that unlike all the gods in 40k the c'tan are the most likely to actually do something.

The deceiver despite being sharded, actually does things.

I think this is going to depend on how one defines "corruption", though I'd agree in any case that Tuska's boyz aren't corrupted, simply preserved (and living the dream).

Yea.
I would say that warp can without doubt affect Necron, like it can affect Orkz or Nids. Albeit it's weaker against crons.

But Necron, Ork or Nid turning spikey, chaos worshipers is impossible, because Crons and Nids hath no souls, and Orkz have souls so Orky they are already beyond perfect.

In fact chaos should be concerned about turning green, mean and choppy were it import more WAAAAAAGHZ into their realm.

And that is the exact reason that Chaos is getting picked on by Xenos of all races and getting its ass handed in the Fate of Konor campaign. Nobody wants that shit.

>Orks falling to chaos corruption?
Orkfag here.

While it's extremely rare, Orks are capable of being corrupted by Chaos. However, in the case of non-psyker Orks, its more like one of the legends about vampires where they need to be invited into a house by someone before they can enter type of thing, with the house in question being the Ork's body (this sort of thing only really happens among Ork Freebootas, and even then most of the time the greenskins start worshiping ol' Khorne).

As for Ork psykers, most weirdboyz just harness the powers of the WAAAGH!! and not the Warp proper, so daemons can't really possess them. However, Weirdboy Warpheadz do, and... well....

Let's just say daemons try to avoid possessing Weirdboyz for a very good reason.

See pic related for the explanation on that.

That's amazing, need more Orky fluff like that.

Do you know about tuska daemon killa?

If Chaos kills the Emperor and the Warp merges with reality into an eternal hellscape the Necrons are as fucked as anyone.

Never knew that, pretty amazing shit
nice

Love that story, GW needs to let him escape to help Orks on Armageddon and elsewhere.

Planets still exist in the warp. They would just construct additional pylons.

Plus the illuminati are able to live in the warp like realspace, due to their ordered souls. The necrons don't even have souls.

>That's amazing, need more Orky fluff like that.
Yeah, some of the most entertaining Orky fluff comes from the Rogue Trader- 2e days. The possessed Warpheadz is actually from
"Freebooterz: Space Ork Army List 1st Edition" that was published back in 1991.

This same book also mentions the Khorne's stormboyz (basically gitz who took Khorne's old code of harsh discipline, a code to rules governing conduct among honorable warriors, and constant bloodshed to heart), who aren't tolerated amongst normal Orks and exist purely among Freebootaz.

And as it turns out, Ork Chaos Renegades Warbands used to be a thing amongst the Orks back in 1st edition, but were tolerated by normal Orks because a) moar boyz for cannon fodder is always good and b) a Weirdboyz a day -keeps the Chaos manifestations away.

Of course, this was back before the post-2011 push of Chaos as the ultimate big bad by GW and BL writers, when all the enemies of the Imperium were equal threats and Chaos wasn't being depicted as this 'unstoppable force that will always win the setting no matter what you do' nonsense.

Real question is how long until the nids arrive in full force and win.

>Planets still exist in the warp. They would just construct additional pylons.

No, they don't. Don't confuse Warpstorms with the proper Warp.

No, 8th ED shows that he wants to rule the Necrons himself.

The necrons win because the tyranids don't care about them, and if all life is taken out then chaos becomes inert.

Then they can seal the eye of terror and go to bed

High-tech blue people constructing additional pylons?
How passé...

There are planets in the warp, look at the ones in the eye of terror.

Chaos corrupts machines, planets, and suns. Basically everything. Necrons included.

>And what about Tuska? He went to WAAAAAGH into warp and Khorne is just using his powers to revive him and his boys to get killed and revived over and over. Like his personal Ork zoo. But this is not corupting the Ork.

Khorne owns their souls and can corrupt them if he wishes.

>It is not corrupting the Necron, because he has no soul.

Corruption is corruption. That necron mind was subverted and consumed by Chaps.

THE EYE OF TERROR IS A WARPSTORM, DINGUS.

Laws of reality still exist within the Eye of Terror albeit distorted.

>war in heaven
Actually, that got retconned recently.
It was all Chaos's fault lol.

Been beaten to it, but Orks genuinely worshipping Chaos, however uncommon, dates back to 1st edition. On the other hand, according to the fluff from that era, this
>In fact chaos should be concerned about turning green, mean and choppy were it import more WAAAAAAGHZ into their realm.
is actually true and Khorne is indeed part Ork.

Look at the Lord of Skulls model.

Chaps?

I guess even necrons like good trousers.

But in all seriousness, vulkan got driven pretty insane by Cruze. However you don't consider Vulkan as corrupted by chaos.

No, the Old Ones had Chaos contained and managed. The Necrontyr starting the War in Heaven resulted in daemons getting loose and the walls of reality being sundered.

On that note there are still places to be in the warp, islands.

Necrons could just settle in the barren wastes, and with enough pylons even the daemons won't bug them.

Plus if the rift breaks then everything in the universe will be pulled into the warp.

Except the lore writers.
It's funny - the people making the actual models and rules can't be bothered to put Chaos on-par with the Imperium, so the poor guys get their asses handed to them in what's a really unfair contest. BUT, the guys in charge of the lore love Chaos so much, that they just tell everyone that Chaos is the best, and shove it into the lore wherever they can.
Neither group is really doing their preferred faction any favors.

>However you don't consider Vulkan as corrupted by chaos.

If his mind was subverted by Chaos, yes. Vulkan was repeated deaths caused his madness.

It was shown that Necron minds can be affected with Eldar psychic powers, it was shown that Chaos can sense Necron emotions, it was shown that the taint of Chaos can influence and take over Necron bodies, and finally it was shown that Chaos entities can devour Necron minds. Lucius now has the Necrons mind forever contained within his body.

Chaos corrupts all. No one is safe.

I'm going to laugh at you for a long time.

The illumnati are completely immune to chaos.

True, I was wrong about the *nature* of the retcon.
It *used* to be that the only reason that Chaos had power was because of the ridiculous amounts of bloodshed in the War in Heaven.
But that was too interesting, so we just went with 'no there was always chaos lol'.

No, there isn't. Necrons like everything else will dissolve in the Warp.

And motherfucker please. The Necron Pylons in real space melt when exposed to powerful Warpstorms or rifts. They won't last a minute inside the Warp.

>an Ork with a plasma cannon
We are surely doomed.

>The illumnati are completely immune to chaos.

The illumnati are not canon. Revealed to be a Tzeentchian cult and then written of the lore.

>chaos becomes inert.

Chaos won't be inert. In fact, Chaos's goal is to destroy life.

>The necrons win

and Necrons will lose because life is required for the Necrons to maintain their supremacy. The Necrons know only to maintain, they cannot create. They need living races to create for them. They need the living to escape their soulless stat and descent into madness.

This was all a cunning lie by the Slann and Saharduin, fool, as revealed by the newest dumb retcon.

written off*

>Chaos's goal is to destroy life.
wat?

Chaos wants to comit suicide?